Kenny Britt asked “Why me?” Now says, “I’ll be good as new”

Kenny Britt, Rahim Moore, Von  Miller AP

A season-ending torn ACL left Titans receiver Kenny Britt despondent. But not for long.

The first emotion was ‘Why me?’“Britt told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “Last year, coming off the hamstring injury, I believe I could have gone to the Pro Bowl this year. After everything that happened this summer, and how I started off and how we started off as a team . . . and now I can’t do anything now. It is kind of aggravating, but I have to keep going. To have this happen it was frustrating.”

However, Britt said he quickly turned his attention toward rehabbing the knee and expects to be a better player than ever in 2012.

“I’ll definitely be back way before then. My goal right now is just to get through it, to keep my focus and maintain,” Britt said. “And once I get back, I’ll be good as new. I believe I’ll be bigger and faster and better than I ever was. It is just a whole bunch of months of training, which is hard to see.”

Britt was off to a great start this year, gaining 136 receiving yards in Week One and 135 yards in Week Two before his season ended in Week Three, so it’s easy to see why his initial reaction was “Why me?” But if he can really be as good as new next year the Titans will have a great player.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
9 Responses to “Kenny Britt asked “Why me?” Now says, “I’ll be good as new””
  1. ajknox88 says: Oct 22, 2011 11:24 AM

I think that all players think “Why me?”. The good ones rise above that and come back and perform, and this guy is a good one.

2. blitzinc43 says: Oct 22, 2011 11:28 AM

Why you? something called karma Mr. Britt…
    unlucky things happen to people who have the chance to decide their desicions and choose to do bad things.

3. sftitan says: Oct 22, 2011 11:34 AM

Kenny Britt is a beast. And could be the next best receiver after a certain player in Detroit.

Heal up Kenny.

4. downslide33 says: Oct 22, 2011 11:42 AM

So Blitzinc…..how do you explain bad things happening to good people???

Karma doesnt exist…just like curses…gods…ghosts…etc

5. superbowl42champs says: Oct 22, 2011 11:46 AM

Kenny britt is a good reciever and he’s really young but as a giants fan I am extremely happy they drafted nicks over him. It’s not that britt is bad but he’s to much of a head case and nicks Is a straight up beast

6. joetoronto says: Oct 22, 2011 11:51 AM

“Kenny Britt asked “Why me?”

Why not, Kenny?

I couldn’t think of a more deserving person.

7. cmiddel says: Oct 22, 2011 1:55 PM

Haha thanks for the life lesson downslide, because that’s what you believe it must be truth right?

8. thegonz13 says: Oct 22, 2011 2:25 PM

He’ll be bigger and faster. Faster? That’s good news for the Bayonne P.D.!

9. ezwriter69 says: Oct 22, 2011 5:18 PM

Why me? Seriously, you’ve been playing football how long, and you ask why me? Who has this NOT happened to that plays your position… I can see saying bleep bleep bleep, or not now, but why me? It’s called football, genius, regardless of the obvious irony of the karma.