Redskins confirm Hightower out for season

Tim Hightower

Washington’s worst fears were realized Monday when the team learned running back Tim Hightower will miss the season with a torn ACL.

Hightower was the team’s starter on Sunday, his fifth start of the season. He led the team with 321 rushing yards on the year.

Ryan Torain and Roy Helu split the work after Hightower left, a plan that figures to continue against the Bills this week.

The Redskins are not a deep team. With Santana Moss also out, in addition to a couple of starting offensive lineman, Washington’s shaky bench will be tested in the coming weeks.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
14 Responses to “Redskins confirm Hightower out for season”
  1. rdawg911 says: Oct 24, 2011 4:42 PM

Too bad..Tim is a beast.

2. donterrelli says: Oct 24, 2011 4:44 PM

” Washington’s shaky bench will be tested in the coming weeks.”

Their shaky starters have been tested all season.

3. baltimoreballs says: Oct 24, 2011 5:00 PM

always sad when an injury takes away a players shot at rejuvenating his career.

4. Lev says: Oct 24, 2011 5:01 PM

Awful news for Tim. He was looking so good this season too. A real heartbreaker.

Get well soon!

Hail!

5. nineroutsider says: Oct 24, 2011 5:25 PM

“Hail!”

Just reading that makes me laugh…

Tim is a “beast”, right…just like the Skins are good. I feel bad for the guy, but he’s no beast…that term has to be earned, it isn’t just handed out because he is on your team.

BTW, thanks for Carlos Rodgers…he really sucks. Weird how players leave there and are good.

6. mcmac11 says: Oct 24, 2011 5:32 PM

T.O??

7. Chairman Al says: Oct 24, 2011 5:35 PM

I’ve always felt Tim Hightower was overrated, all the way back to his Arizona days. That being said, I certainly hope he recovers well, and perhaps one day be an elite RB.

8. cowboyhater says: Oct 24, 2011 5:50 PM

Hey nineroutsider, Carlos wasn’t let go because he sucked, trust me Skins fans knew how talented he was, the problem was that the front office knew he wasn’t going to resign with them, because he was demanding too much money. The Skins didn’t cut him, nor did they trade him him, so your statement really doesn’t make sense. You will soon find out in a crucial game, when the defense needs to come up big, and Rogers drops a sure INT and breaks your heart. Trust me it will happen.

9. ronaldmexico says: Oct 24, 2011 6:34 PM

Bad break for Hightower.

I hope you guys are not working on an article which mentions how the Redskins should be considering Tiki Barber.

10. turgidsen says: Oct 24, 2011 6:34 PM

nineroutsider says:
    Oct 24, 2011 5:25 PM
    “Hail!”

Just reading that makes me laugh…

__________________________________________

I remember a few years ago a team started 6-2 with a new head coach that they soon fell to 7-9 and out of the playoffs because they were figured out. At the 6-2 mark fans were talking about how they great they were and thanking other teams for letting players go to them and such. That team was umm the Redskins …So nineroutofthecloset be wary of talking smack. Oh and Carlos will drop the interception with the game on the line..Trust Me it will happen.

11. timocracy13 says: Oct 24, 2011 6:48 PM

“Hail!”

Just reading that makes me laugh…

—————————————————-

If Rogers is so good, why did the 49ers only sign him to a one-year deal? Since your team is such a great and shrewd organization, it baffles me why, according to you, they wouldn’t sign such a great player. Granted, he’s gotten three interceptions this year, but he had a mere 8 before that, and that had nothing do with him being in Washington (methinks Rogers playing so well now has to do with the fact that he’s essentially in a contract year and needs to redeem himself in order to get a moderately good payday from the Debartolo-Yorks before the clock strikes midnight and his hands turn to stone again).

Oh, and as for your Hightower comment, I only have this to say: the ‘Skins may not beat the ‘Niners this year, but at least I can take solace in the fact that a classless moron like yourself isn’t part of Washington’s fanbase.

12. Lev says: Oct 24, 2011 6:55 PM

Nineroutwhatever….

You been saving up that smack talk for a while now haven’t you?? Your team may win that god awful division, but will be ousted from the playoffs early. This discussion is about a REDSKINS player losing a year to an awful injury.

I’d say have some class, but your ‘saviour’ coach has none either so I guess your lack is to be expected…

13. 07black350z says: Oct 24, 2011 7:46 PM

First..I never like to see anyone get injured…Hightowerr has always been an average runner..the skins shouldn’t suffer much without him…

I recall a few weeks ago Deangelo Hall targeting Rom’s ribs and skins’ fans getting all giddy…”ribs for dinner”?….I think it was

That my friends is karma…sincethe the skins have lost hightower, moss, cooley…Trent Williams is banged up, and they lost a couple other offensive lineman.

14. nomoreseasontix says: Oct 25, 2011 2:44 AM

Don’t worry… Shanarat is a genius!! Just ask him…
    He’ll figure it out.