Ryan could have practiced this week, talks about Suh

Atlanta Falcons v Detroit Lions Getty Images

Matt Ryan’s injury on Sunday looked awful, but it apparently won’t have any lasting impact on the Falcons quarterback.

Ryan joined PFT Live on Tuesday and told Florio that he went in to the Falcons facility Monday for his usual work, without a walking boot.  Ryan said that he could practice this week and would have been ready to play if the Falcons weren’t on a bye.

(Falcons coach Mike Smith gave the team the week off, so Ryan won’t get the chance to practice.)

Florio also asked Ryan about Ndamukong Suh in the clip below.  Ryan said he didn’t hear anyone taunt him when Ryan was on the ground.  Florio asked Ryan if Suh is a dirty player.

“He’s a good player. I know that,” Ryan said.

To see Ryan’s entire interview, head to the PFT Live homepage or download the show on iTunes.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
28 Responses to “Ryan could have practiced this week, talks about Suh”
  1. trbowman says: Oct 25, 2011 4:25 PM

To quote Charles Rogers -

“I mean you could kinda say that. You could kinda say that….to a certain extent.”

2. johnnyglutes says: Oct 25, 2011 4:28 PM

Matt Ryan sucks this year

3. edmazeing1 says: Oct 25, 2011 4:29 PM

Damn he suppose to have White back about Suh!!!

4. skoobyfl says: Oct 25, 2011 4:40 PM

If I was MR / I would wish Suh well & thank him, knowing what’s best for my health.

5. m2karateman says: Oct 25, 2011 4:40 PM

edmazeing1 says:
    Oct 25, 2011 4:29 PM
    Damn he suppose to have White back about Suh!!!
    ———————————————————-

Why should Matt Ryan have Roddy White or Todd McClure’s back when it’s already been proven they are lying about the entire incident? Would you be dumb enough to “have somebodies back” after the proof has come out that they lied?

Watch the video….nothing but LIES!

6. rjguerra says: Oct 25, 2011 4:41 PM

Taunting will always be a part of football and any other sport for that matter for as long as the game exists. They’re going to talk trash regardless, let them talk.

7. americankris says: Oct 25, 2011 4:41 PM

Matt closed the case thank god now the lions can go to Denver and lose

falcon fan

8. granadafan says: Oct 25, 2011 4:51 PM

“He’s a good player. I know that,” Ryan said.”
    =================================================

Translation: “Thank the stars Suh is on my team. Please don’t hurt me”

9. dfalcon3522 says: Oct 25, 2011 4:55 PM

Matt Ryan is a classy guy, this is one of the reasons we drafted him. Coming out of college he was perhaps one of the most media ready players in the history of the game. His play this year has not been what the team needed to compete with the Saints or Packers but it will come together for the Falcons. They have a bye this week followed by 3 home games where he is 22-3 (I think)., he was brought in to Atlanta to repair the damaged franchise left behind by one Mike Vick. Matt Ryan has been a great face for this franchise both on and off the field.

10. Chris says: Oct 25, 2011 4:57 PM

Dear Matt Ryan,

While I am still upset with you for coming back into the game on 3rd and long and completing a big time pass in a turning point of the game last Sunday, your are a class act for saying the truth and putting and end to this over-hyped media driven story. I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season and a swift recovery from your injury.

Sincerely,

A true honolulu blue lions fan

11. camjon32 says: Oct 25, 2011 5:00 PM

The fact that this whole thing is being played out in the media is lame as hell.

What happened to the old days of, “we’ll see you again and take care of business on the field”?

I don’t necessarily condone trash talking, especially in the case of taunting an injured player, however, it’s been happening for YEARS!!! Don’t cry to the press about something that should ALWAYS be handled on the field….

…and Suh talking about Karma was pretty silly too. Perhaps there was a certain amount of Karma when Stafford had his ankle rolled up at the end of the game…

Sincerely,

Life long Lions fan!!!

12. bdert says: Oct 25, 2011 5:04 PM

I’m a Falcon Fan & Ndomukong is one of my favorite players…But he should make himself inconspicuous to the media bcuz his class act status is rapidly diminishing…

13. wegogreenbay says: Oct 25, 2011 5:28 PM

Bring out the meat wagon!

Come and get your meat!

Suh could have been saying that. Saying, “Get the Cart” is harmless. The wussification of the NFL is disgusting.

14. Deb says: Oct 25, 2011 5:30 PM

Smart responses. Smart quarterback. It probably would have been better if his teammates had adopted a similarly nonchalant attitude. Because of his growing negative reputation, I initially assumed the accusations about Suh and his teammate were true. Now I don’t know what to believe. But it would be better if players dealt with this kind of stuff privately rather than airing it in the media.

15. jackfnburton says: Oct 25, 2011 5:41 PM

Put some ice on it, Matty.

What? It was RIGHT THERE. I had to take it.

16. ahs2 says: Oct 25, 2011 5:53 PM

Ryan says he heard nothing, Tony Gonzalez said he heard nothing, the video shows nothing. Good job media, grill Suh all you can for if you don’t have a story, create one! YOU’RE responsible for his perceived image!

17. chocolatebaconbutter says: Oct 25, 2011 6:50 PM

I just talked to Suh. He said that he has tons of respect for Mark Ryan and their head coach Martin Smith.

18. jmstt1 says: Oct 25, 2011 7:31 PM

I expect the commissioner will send the game films to the CIA so they can read the lips of all involved. Fines will be coming

19. jmclarkent says: Oct 25, 2011 7:35 PM

“Ryan said he didn’t hear anyone taunt him when Ryan was on the ground.”

You sure that you are confusing this with an interview by the Rock?

20. nabz034 says: Oct 25, 2011 8:40 PM

Ryan is a classy guy and so is Suh. Rodney White however is scum. Only dirtbags spread rumors after a hard faut game.

21. jcd213 says: Oct 25, 2011 8:42 PM

Soon enough, everyone will be gunning for Suh. He’s not an unkillable monster.

22. duffer58 says: Oct 25, 2011 8:46 PM

M2Karateman,
    They are lying about incident? Sure and I am Tom Brady.

23. duffer58 says: Oct 25, 2011 8:49 PM

Taunting an injured player is not part of game. Good grief

24. staffordsyear says: Oct 25, 2011 9:11 PM

Maybe the falcons players should go look in the mirror.

25. childressrulz says: Oct 25, 2011 9:16 PM

Given that Suh has been accused of dirty play on more than one occasion I have to say if it quacks like a duck and walks like a………… I love every time the loser Lions and their idiot coach loses. They didn’t bug me (in fact I felt sorry for them) until they became the Jets of the NFC.

26. buzzbissinger says: Oct 26, 2011 12:47 AM

itunes? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! et to, Mike? First twitter, facebook, now itunes. :(

27. stevied23 says: Oct 26, 2011 1:32 AM

—–And your name is childressrulz….hahahaha!!! Tool! Get lost!!!

28. polegojim says: Oct 26, 2011 2:41 AM

The trash and accusations comes first from embarassed linemen, who even stacked two deep can’t keep Suh out of the backfield, not from the Lions.

The Lions will learn to deal with being a target as they mature, including Suh… but the ‘Jets of the NFC’, please…that’s as silly as the entire Falcons whiney story. “He called me names and was MEAN to me.” Bunch of Grade Schoolers.

Men play football and don’t whine in the microphone. Take care of your business on the field, and shut up afterward.