Leigh Bodden goes unclaimed on waivers

New England Patriots v Buffalo Bills Getty Images

The Bodden Bowl didn’t get teams around the NFL too excited.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Bodden went unclaimed on waivers, and is now free to sign with any team.

The former Patriots player was playing a key reserve in New England. There has been speculation he didn’t embrace the role.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Leigh Bodden goes unclaimed on waivers”
  1. wtfpft says: Oct 31, 2011 4:51 PM

Teams are afraid of that 3.9 million dollar remaining on his contract. he’ll sign somewhere soon.

2. apooster says: Oct 31, 2011 4:54 PM

Come on Vikes!

Move Griffin to Safety, cut Cook and have Bodden/Winfield ready for the Pack!

3. descendency says: Oct 31, 2011 4:58 PM

Bodden is a man corner. I can’t wait to see all of these fans of (prominently) zone teams want him. He was cut because he was the 4th corner in NE and NE wants to play zone, which he sucks at.

4. 4ever19 says: Oct 31, 2011 5:01 PM

Colts could use this guy. They need some experience at DB. Bethea and Powers need some help.

5. cusoman says: Oct 31, 2011 5:12 PM

Vikes, come on, there’s no way this guy is any worse than Abdullah or Tyrell Johnson. You shook up the offense earlier, now its time to do the same with the defense, they are giving up way too many big plays!

6. jrmbadger says: Oct 31, 2011 5:13 PM

To be honest, the Vikings probably will try and sign him, but really the last thing they need is another aging veteran with attitude problems.

7. lenrossen says: Oct 31, 2011 5:22 PM

I believe that the Patriots are on the hook for the 3.9M. He can sign with another team for league minimum and double-dip.

8. thetooloftools says: Oct 31, 2011 5:27 PM

In New England you either get on the page or your gone. What part of that didn’t he get?

9. EJ says: Oct 31, 2011 5:31 PM

I wanted Buffalo to take a look at him but I know they won’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

We have very solid defensive backs but we are not that deep at the position. One more injury and we are in trouble. Go Bills!!!!

10. ny2thabay says: Oct 31, 2011 5:41 PM

I’d like the Niners to pick him up

11. semperfi24 says: Oct 31, 2011 5:55 PM

descendency says:Oct 31, 2011 4:58 PM

___________________________

As a Pats fan, I have to laugh at this, because for 2 years I have been saying he looks like he is playing zone on every play. Even in man to man coverage he is no where near his man, LMFAO. Good riddance. I am sure he can play in someone else’s scheme, no disrespect intended to Bodden, but he was terrible in NE.

I freely admit that I cant cover a single NFL caliber reciever. With that being said, Belichick could sign me for the league minimum, and get the same level of production that he was getting from Bodden…

12. mempusa says: Oct 31, 2011 5:57 PM

Bodden was let go because he made noise in the locker room about his role.

13. jpb12 says: Oct 31, 2011 6:24 PM

This year’s version of Adalius Thomas

14. 303bengalguy says: Oct 31, 2011 7:18 PM

I can’t believe people are wanting this guy. He hasn’t been good in like 3+ years. Maybe the reason Peter King thought my Bengals would possibly want to add him was so they could flip him for a couple first rounders…? Otherwise, what on god’s green earth would the #2 defense in the NFL want with this guy when they already have tremendous secondary depth (something I can’t believe I can actually say with a straight face nowadays)???

15. cordellgc says: Nov 2, 2011 1:21 AM

Tremendous depth is not how I would describe the bengals secondary. Who is the #3 cb?

16. dbacksnation says: Nov 2, 2011 1:22 PM