Bills pick up another sack of John Beck

John Beck, Dwan Edwards, Marcell Dareus AP

Three days after the game, the Buffalo Bills have notched their 10th sack of Redskins quarterback John Beck.

Although the box score immediately following the game credited the Bills with nine sacks of Beck on Sunday, the Elias Sports Bureau reviewed the tape and determined that one play that had been called a running play for Beck should actually have been credited as a sack. Nick Barnett and Danny Batten will get half a sack each in their individual statistics.

Ten sacks is the most the Redskins have ever given up in one game.

“There were a few in there where I could have easily said, ‘You know what, we don’t have a play right here. Just get the ball out of my hands. Live to play the next down,’” Beck told Redskins.com.

Beck has thrown 85 passes this year and been sacked 13 times. Rex Grossman, the man Beck replaced as the Redskins’ starter, was sacked only nine times and threw 165 passes.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
28 Responses to “Bills pick up another sack of John Beck”
  1. waxthat says: Nov 2, 2011 4:07 PM

Aldon Smith is lickin’ his chops…prediction: the rook with 3 sacks

2. db105 says: Nov 2, 2011 4:28 PM

3. cuda1234 says: Nov 2, 2011 4:33 PM

Once again, it appears that “everyone” isn’t very bright!

4. turk2875 says: Nov 2, 2011 4:46 PM

…..Only the Redskins.

5. seabreezes51 says: Nov 2, 2011 4:55 PM

Thought this was a new White Castle slider…..

6. rufustfireflyjr says: Nov 2, 2011 5:02 PM

db105 says:
    Nov 2, 2011 4:28 PM
    “Why throw the ball away and hurt your QB rating? Most fans blame the offensive line for sacks.”

Well, see, DB, there are these things called wanting to be efficient offensively and wanting to win ballgames . . .

7. rufustfireflyjr says: Nov 2, 2011 5:04 PM

cuda1234 says:
    Nov 2, 2011 4:33 PM
    “Remember when “everyone knew” that Rex Grossman was a loser and needed to be replaced by a winner with some mobility?

Once again, it appears that “everyone” isn’t very bright!”

cuda, “everyone” still knows these things; it’s just that “everyone” is now finding out that Beck can’t supply them.

8. blackbug99 says: Nov 2, 2011 5:06 PM

The Bills should have sent a guy to his condo to tackle him officially!

9. snarkzilla says: Nov 2, 2011 5:07 PM

Title should have been “Beck stretches his ‘worst of’ lead over Tebow in at least one category”

10. cobibones13 says: Nov 2, 2011 5:14 PM

I guess they’d rather take 10 sacks a game over 4 picks a game.

That Mike Shanahan sure looks like a genius now.

11. bucks12965 says: Nov 2, 2011 5:49 PM

Actually cuda1234, everyone, except for the megaminds, knew that both Grossman and Beck sucked.

12. The Shoeman says: Nov 2, 2011 5:52 PM

You talk about a guy not being experienced — I believe in the guys,

Shanahan told reporters on Friday, per the Associated Press.

I believe in ‘em. And I’ve been doing this for a long time. And I put my reputation on these guys that they can play.

**********************************************************

You have just been -Shanahan ed- again !

13. christopher525 says: Nov 2, 2011 6:00 PM

So, ummm, does this ruin Shanahan’s “reputation” now?

14. kegowhisky says: Nov 2, 2011 6:07 PM

Damn. Beck was sacked even more than when Patrick Ramsey was a Redskin? That’s pretty impressive, or should I say depressing? And yes, I’m a ‘Skins fan and not a random hater.

15. Ba'al from www.Cowboys-Forum.com says: Nov 2, 2011 6:14 PM

lol thats some funny stik, 3 days later and Beck is still givng up sacks

16. kbookert says: Nov 2, 2011 6:27 PM

This is great news. I lost in fantasy by .6 this week. Now I will win by .4 when it gets added in. The NFL web site is updated with the extra sack.

17. revengeofthefilthymcnasty says: Nov 2, 2011 6:27 PM

I knew it was going to be bad.

I didn’t know it was going to be this bad.

18. paulsdamnblog says: Nov 2, 2011 6:32 PM

“Beck acknowledged this week that he deserves a lot of the blame for not getting his passes off quickly enough, and taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away.”
    ———————————————–

The rest of the known universe credits it to Beck just sucking.

19. seageo says: Nov 2, 2011 6:50 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?

I was up by .93 points after Sunday night in my fantasy football league, I took Malcom Floyd out of my lineup for the simple fact that my opponents players all played and if Floyd caught a 10 yard pass and fumbled, I would lose.

Here I am being all strategic, I win, and now you are telling me halfway through the week the Bills got an extra point and now I lose??????

20. jsho55 says: Nov 2, 2011 7:07 PM

Okay…but more importantly will they update fantasy scores…..I literally lost my weekly matchup by a single point.

21. sphincterorleaveher says: Nov 2, 2011 7:16 PM

seageo says:
    Nov 2, 2011 6:50 PM
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?

___________________

Yup.

22. realitypolice says: Nov 2, 2011 7:28 PM

“A sack of John Beck”

My God, there’s a joke in there somewhere.

23. drewj7 says: Nov 2, 2011 8:52 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?

___________________

Dude… You gotta figure Floyd would get at least 0 fantasy points when all is said and done even if he fumbled somewhere. Bad move. Fantasy Sites adjust scores all the time for all sorts of reasons, this wasn’t a good move, even if this whole sack addition never happened.

24. AlanSaysYo says: Nov 2, 2011 8:59 PM

The Bills can sign Terry Tate, Office Linebacker to deliver it.

25. therealsmiley says: Nov 2, 2011 10:03 PM

The Bills are still sacking him. Wow. Hail!

26. jbcommonsense says: Nov 2, 2011 10:12 PM

Better a sack than an interception.

27. staffordsyear says: Nov 2, 2011 10:13 PM

Mike shanahan needs to call it a career.

28. str82dvd says: Nov 2, 2011 10:15 PM

That’s on YOU, Seageo. You shouldn’t have played so damn tight. Play to win!