Ahmad Bradshaw could still play this week

Chicago Bears Matt Toeaina stops run by New York Giants Ahmad Bradshaw in East Rutherford Reuters

Reports surfaced Thursday that Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw would be out indefinitely with a broken bone in his foot. One paper estimated Bradshaw was hoping to rest the injury for two weeks.

PFT has since learned via a league source that Bradshaw still has a chance to play this weekend. In fact, the source believes Bradshaw probably will play.

Surgery is not considered an option, and the crack in Bradshaw’s foot is an injury he’s played with before.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
30 Responses to “Ahmad Bradshaw could still play this week”
  1. cmb79 says: Nov 3, 2011 2:53 PM

This guy is tough as nails.

2. lacharger2112 says: Nov 3, 2011 2:54 PM

This is the best day ever! Oh, sorry, that’s not what I really said.
    I hope he plays. Not enough good news these days.

3. dmq13 says: Nov 3, 2011 2:59 PM

come on PFT…the last line was ust trying to hard.

4. hookem6903 says: Nov 3, 2011 2:59 PM

These guys are ridiculous athletes. Playing with a broken foot? Broken ribs? Collapsed lungs? Some guy a few weeks ago played with appendicitis. I had appendicitis a couple months back and I couldn’t get out of bed.

5. jbl429 says: Nov 3, 2011 3:00 PM

Lol, nice one Gregg. The Giants aren’t exactly running the ball down anyone’s throat so far this season. If Bradshaw misses time, he’ll be missed mostly for his pass protection, which both he and Jacobs are really good at.

6. weimtime says: Nov 3, 2011 3:05 PM

Dammit PFT! I just went an picked up Ware and the other dude in all my leagues. Thanks.

7. chocolatebaconbutter says: Nov 3, 2011 3:06 PM

Brandon Jacobs is horrible. I’d rather Ware get the call.

8. bigblue86 says: Nov 3, 2011 3:09 PM

I want him there as a backup… Don’t need him getting himself more hurt.

9. wyobroncoboy says: Nov 3, 2011 3:09 PM

And Jacobs will forever be the “fastasscar” guy.

10. maddenraiders says: Nov 3, 2011 3:10 PM

I hope Brand Jacbos runs over his foot after practice and puts him out for the season……I don’t have him on any of my fantasy teams.

11. schmitty2 says: Nov 3, 2011 3:12 PM

My opponent has Bradshaw and I have Jacobs on my bench. I smell a sneaky flex play

12. flyinhighwithvick says: Nov 3, 2011 3:19 PM

As an Eagles fan, I respect Bradshaw, I think he’s a very good RB. Jacobs on the other hand is a zero in pads.

13. nicks4prezident says: Nov 3, 2011 3:22 PM

Even if he sits the giants will be ok. this should be the motivation they need to get Scott on the field, Ware is a more than enough capable back to hold us over for a few weeks.

14. rufustfireflyjr says: Nov 3, 2011 3:31 PM

My fantasy season might not be shot, after all!

15. freebird2011 says: Nov 3, 2011 3:33 PM

1. How effective will Bradshaw be playing on a broken foot?

2. Will it lead to Bradshaw having one of those Tiki Barber fumble-itis days?

3. What are the odds that Bradshaw worsens the injury (seemingly high)?

With a Patriots team that is more vulnerable to the passing game, one would think the Giants would want to allow their best RB to heal properly before entering the more difficult part of the schedule. If Bradshaw plays against NE and either worsens the injury or plays poorly, there will be a lot of people out there saying “I told you so.”

16. greymares says: Nov 3, 2011 3:47 PM

NEW YORK they’re coming !!!!!!!!!!!!

17. benh999 says: Nov 3, 2011 4:01 PM

“The Giants may consider asking Brandon Jacobs to drive Bradshaw to Foxborough in his “fast-ass car” to avoid any potential injury on the team flight.”

Be careful you don’t break your foot when you trip over yourself trying to be witty.

18. bunkmcnulty says: Nov 3, 2011 4:06 PM

PFT, I loved the last line.

Not sure if I saw his name otherwise, but maybe Jacobs could stop his fast ass car at Rex Ryan’s office to inspect Bradshaw’s foot on the way to Foxoboro.

19. caboose12 says: Nov 3, 2011 4:10 PM

I hope so my back up is hurt and my other running back is on a bye. Damn fantasy football!

20. bigdan7885 says: Nov 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Can they please give Da’Rel Scott a shot?

21. Mr. Wright 212 says: Nov 3, 2011 4:23 PM

I was going to say earlier — HE’S DONE IT BEFORE, why not again?

Even if he were not to play, it wasn’t the end of the world. But his slashing and cutback ability will be key, and if his foot doesn’t allow for it, then he should rest it.

22. Mr. Wright 212 says: Nov 3, 2011 4:25 PM

1. How effective will Bradshaw be playing on a broken foot?

———-
    He has had a couple of good games, including a 100 yard game. It’s a broken bone near the toe, not a complete fracture mid-foot.

23. izlez says: Nov 3, 2011 4:49 PM

Thanks, I already wasted one of my moves in my FF league picking up one of the remaining few scrubs

24. east96st says: Nov 3, 2011 5:04 PM

greymares says: “NEW YORK they’re coming !!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ok, greymares, even though you’re a gutless troll who hid for a week after the Giants beat Philly, I’ll bite. Who’s coming and why, exactly, should NY care? If you’re talking about your “Dream Team”, wake us when you win a Super Bowl. You know, the only game that really counts. The one your owner said you HAVE TO win or your entire season is a failure. Until then, you’re completely irrelevant. Much like your city is to the entire East Coast.

25. gcsuk says: Nov 3, 2011 5:34 PM

flyinhighwithvick says: Nov 3, 2011 3:19 PM

———————————————————————–
    Never thought I would thumbs up an Eagles fan, but it’s nice to see an “opponent” that isn’t just wishing injury on the opposing players. Thanks, flyinghigh.

26. gcsuk says: Nov 3, 2011 5:37 PM

When Chris Johnson grows up, he wants to be a Running Back just like Ahmad Bradshaw.

27. prmpft says: Nov 3, 2011 5:57 PM

he’ll be the one limping…

28. amanitoomerisgod says: Nov 3, 2011 6:43 PM

I wrote all about how the Giants need to play Da’Rel Scott more this week on my site OnThingz-dot-com before we learned this news about Bradshaw.

Bradshaw has played with all sorts of screwy foot and ankle issues in the past, but even with his tough, often brilliant, running the Giants are averaging 85 yards per game with their running attack. This is 30th in the league. Eli is masterful at picking up third and long with his arm, but it’s time to give a burst to the run game that clearly Ware and Bradshaw don’t provide.

Da’Rel proved in the preseason, like Victor Cruz did the previous year, that he is clearly a playmaker. He was the fastest running back at the combine with a 40 time of 4.34 yards. The Giants have put him in games on only a handful of snaps this season. They refuse to involve him regularly to the detriment of the offense.

Play Scott, get even better.

I just bid on him in my fantasy auction. Believe!

29. greymares says: Nov 3, 2011 8:09 PM

sorry meant lexington.

30. 10nygeliteeli says: Nov 3, 2011 8:31 PM

If Bradshaw is playing that should Motivate Nicks to atleast try.