Emmanuel Sanders likely out for Steelers; Harrison uncertain

New England Patriots v Pittsburgh Steelers Getty Images

The Steelers will likely be without one of their young receivers Sunday night against the Ravens.

Emmanuel Sanders, who is battling a knee injury, is expected to miss the game following the death of his mother this week. Our thoughts go out to his family.

Hines Ward is expected to play, and Jerricho Cotchery will have an increased role if Sanders is out.

The news seems more positive about linebacker James Harrison. There continue to be conflicting reports about Harrison’s status, but he’s practiced the last two days without incident.

If Harrison passes an eye test Friday or Saturday, he’ll be cleared to play according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“It’s all up to the doctors, if they feel comfortable with it,” Harrison said.

With Lamarr Woodley almost surely out, we have a sneaking suspicion the doctors will find a way to clear Harrison.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Emmanuel Sanders likely out for Steelers; Harrison uncertain”
  1. jeepin08 says: Nov 4, 2011 12:02 PM

Stealers puffing a lot of smoke screens. Doesnt matter. This game has all the makings of being a repeat of week # 1. Humiliated twice in the same season by the same team. They will use the injury report as an excuse as to why they lost again.

2. mikebyrne1502 says: Nov 4, 2011 12:24 PM

I think that the steelers will come out on top in this one, I believe they are using the negativity as motivation, a lot of people think the Ravens are going to sweep, not me, the Steelers are ballin’ on offense right now and Balt secondary is suspicious.

3. steelchamps says: Nov 4, 2011 12:53 PM

These 2 teams are going in different directions . The Steelers are consistently top tier. The week one matchup was an anomaly with Balt blowing their proverbial load.

4. benwantsababyruth says: Nov 4, 2011 12:55 PM

@mikebyrne1502
    A lot of people think the ravens are going to sweep? I haven’t heard one person even give them a shot. Which is exactly what happened week 1…

5. steelersmichele says: Nov 4, 2011 12:55 PM

Poor guy. Losing a parent at any age has to be difficult. I know I’d lose it if either of my parents died this week. The game would be the last thing on my mind.

6. zackattack410 says: Nov 4, 2011 1:09 PM

@mikebyrne1502

How is the Ravens’ secondary suspicious? They are the 3rd ranked unit in the league. They give up less than 3 yards more than Pittsburgh per game.

Get your facts straight before you spout off.

7. quittsburghstoolers says: Nov 4, 2011 1:27 PM

Everyone here knows how much I loathe the Steelers. I make no bones about it and I hope they get crushed again by the Ravens.

However, my thoughts and prayers go out to Emmanuel Sanders and his family.

I know only too well myself how rough it is losing a parent. Life is never the same afterwards…

8. southpaw2k says: Nov 4, 2011 1:28 PM

Any updates on the health status of either Ben Grubbs or Lee Evans? I’m really hoping Grubbs plays Sunday night – the o-line is much stronger with him in it. I’m prepared for Evans to miss the game; Torrey Smith has started to step up to stretch the field.

Also, prayers go out to Emmanuel Sanders for his loss. Whether his mother’s passing was expected or if it was sudden, the loss of a mother has to be devastating for him. Very sad news.

9. tk1966 says: Nov 4, 2011 1:48 PM

jeepin08 says: Nov 4, 2011 12:02 PM

Stealers puffing a lot of smoke screens.

————————————————-
    Um, yeah… pretty sneaky of the Steelers trying to use the old “death-in-the-family” ploy…

10. Deb says: Nov 4, 2011 2:06 PM

Deeply sorry to hear about the death of Emmanuel’s mother. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. May God bless and comfort them at this difficult time.

11. daryllh says: Nov 4, 2011 2:23 PM

What’s lost in this report is the fact that Jerricho Cotchery is expected to ‘step up’.

yeah…d’oh k

12. go9ers says: Nov 4, 2011 2:48 PM

Lots of injuries happen when you’re as old as dirt.

13. Bubby Brister says: Nov 4, 2011 4:23 PM

Man, they must have added something extra to that Kool-Aid down in Baltimore this year.

Get (emotionally) well soon, Manny. We’ll see you in Cinci.