New poll identifies Mike Vick as most disliked NFL player

Chicago Bears v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

A poll of players has revealed that Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is the dirtiest player in the NFL.  A poll of fans has bestowed a slightly less desirable honor on Eagles quarterback Mike Vick.

Per Tom Van Riper of Forbes.com, a new poll from Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research has found that Vick is the most disliked NFL player.  Specifically, 60 percent of the respondents identified Vick as a player they “dislike,” “dislike somewhat,” or “dislike a lot.”

Jets receiver Plaxico Burress finished second, with 56 percent.  Third on the list was Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, at 49 percent.  In fourth place, former Pats defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, with 46 percent.

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (38 percent), Patriots receiver Chad Ochocinco (35 percent), Eagles quarterback Vince Young (32 percent), Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer (31 percent), Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (29 percent), and Panthers tight end Jeremy Shockey (29 percent) also made the list.

Permalink 156 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
156 Responses to “New poll identifies Mike Vick as most disliked NFL player”
  1. drumnw says: Nov 8, 2011 11:00 PM

funny how nobody likes brady but he isn’t on the most disliked list…

2. dbones750 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:01 PM

why am i not surprised?

3. dafool99 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:01 PM

Fans also think Tebow is a quality NFL quarterback!

4. berniemadoffsides says: Nov 8, 2011 11:02 PM

Todd Haley HAS to be #1 for coaches.

5. ronaldjones says: Nov 8, 2011 11:03 PM

Bad newz for Ron Mexico

6. kernelreefer says: Nov 8, 2011 11:03 PM

Wait, why Plax? He didn’t hurt anything besides his career, his pride, and I guess his leg.

7. claymath52 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:05 PM

Haha good. Not a fan of Vick. Rothlisberger should be #1 and while it makes me laugh to see him up there, I don’t think Cutler is all that dislikable.

8. brandonyer says: Nov 8, 2011 11:05 PM

No football fan thinks Tebow is an NFL quarterback….

Just women.

9. twitter:Chapman_Jamie says: Nov 8, 2011 11:05 PM

I’m Shocked… I guess people aren’t so forgiving.

10. snarkzilla says: Nov 8, 2011 11:05 PM

Last night took care of the nightmare scenario. There won’t be a Vick vs. Roethlisberger I Want Both Teams To Lose Super Bowl.

11. marjax says: Nov 8, 2011 11:08 PM

@dafool99 Who cares what the fans think? This was a poll of players. Way to be completely off base.

12. jh500 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:09 PM

Look at who took this survey. Old soccer moms and unemployed men.

13. ogtv says: Nov 8, 2011 11:09 PM

Tebow is 3-3 as a starter and spanked the raiders u fools need to shut up and stop hatin

14. marjax says: Nov 8, 2011 11:09 PM

Or… never mind

15. tjacks7 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:11 PM

Dang, you must really be hated if you havent even played meaningful minutes in years and people still remember they hate you. Looking at you, Vince.

16. gdeli says: Nov 8, 2011 11:11 PM

why? cause of the dog thing? really? I am amazed. duh!

17. blancodiablo says: Nov 8, 2011 11:13 PM

Jeeez…mutilate a few dogs and people dislike you. Or was it because he’s the QB for Philadelphia? Both rate about the same.

But since Rothlisberger is number 3 on the list, maybe its a Pennsylvania thing. Dont know, maybe I’ll ask JoePa.

18. amanitoomerisgod says: Nov 8, 2011 11:15 PM

Michael Vick strangled and electrocuted dogs. I feel bad for the other dudes on the list with him (well, maybe not Ben).

Had I been a player on the Eagles and found out he was coming to my team I would have demanded a trade and publicly announced the reason for it. I am surprised that no player on the Eagles did this.

Were I a fan of the Eagles I would have been forced to root for another franchise until this despicable idiot was no longer on the team. I’m pretty sure Jay Cutler’s nanosecond hand shake of Vick last night had something to do with him harboring similar feelings.

onthingz-dot-com

19. gdeli says: Nov 8, 2011 11:16 PM

that being said I hope he turns his life around.

20. Nevis says: Nov 8, 2011 11:17 PM

No one likes dog killers and rapists. Call it common sense.

21. fahlso says: Nov 8, 2011 11:18 PM

Is it odd that the “dirtiest” player in the league didn’t make the list??? I understand that the list is for most disliked, but it seems like dirty and disliked would go hand in hand.

22. hanktheking says: Nov 8, 2011 11:19 PM

These dont sound like NFL fans. They sound like bleeding heart liberals. What possible football-related reason is there to hate Mike Vick?

23. madenatewell says: Nov 8, 2011 11:19 PM

Tiki is flabbergasted.

Warren Moon sees this as racial. (he thought we were past this)

24. philyeagles5 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:20 PM

giants fans must really be living in the past if shockey is at 30%

25. snarkzilla says: Nov 8, 2011 11:21 PM

I wonder who’d win the Coaches I’d Least Like To See Naked contest.

26. eaglesandflyers says: Nov 8, 2011 11:21 PM

I wonder sometimes who is the biggest moron between Vick and Young

27. welzy says: Nov 8, 2011 11:22 PM

“New poll identifies Mike Vick as most disliked NFL player”

“Newer poll identifies water as being wet”

28. asw1028 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:23 PM

vick was awesome in madden 2004, so fast and such a strong arm. i used to love throwing to crumpler in that game, he was so money

29. norcalmafia says: Nov 8, 2011 11:24 PM

Ruh Roh!

30. b1unt3d says: Nov 8, 2011 11:28 PM

Only 60%? What the hell is wrong with 4 out of 10 NFL fans?

31. firedup1 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:28 PM

I was not in that poll…I actually like Vick. People need to get over it.

32. packmanfan says: Nov 8, 2011 11:30 PM

And in other news the sky is blue and water is wet.

33. snarkzilla says: Nov 8, 2011 11:31 PM

>Wait, why Plax?

Could have to do with him whining about how his teammates didn’t come to the jailhouse to hold his hand and express support for him after he shafted them.

34. localbandhero says: Nov 8, 2011 11:35 PM

Tony Romo’s votes all came from the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

35. howley1 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:38 PM

Why Romo? He never has a bad thing to say about anybody, never talks smack.

36. thekingdave says: Nov 8, 2011 11:42 PM

berniemadoffsides says:
    Nov 8, 2011 11:02 PM
    Todd Haley HAS to be #1 for coaches.

Close, but I’d have to go with Rex “Clearing out the buffet trash talking foot fetish” Ryan.

37. Soulman45 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:43 PM

Go to jail and you go on the sh** list of the people.

38. isphet71 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:43 PM

What’s the point of these polls, anyway? They seem really childish. Didn’t most people get over these things in grade school? They don’t benefit anyone.

39. badtimeoutcaldwell says: Nov 8, 2011 11:49 PM

I understand people makes mistakes and sometimes it takes getting caught and reaching a lowpoint in your life before someone is ready to make a change.

Apparently fans dont believe in 2nd chances… I wonder how everyone would feel if they were constantly judged by their worst monents in their lives, without people giving them any chance at turning ur life around.

I personally like this Michael Vick much more than the pre-dogfighting Vick…

But I believe in 2nd chances..

40. redbullenergydrink says: Nov 8, 2011 11:55 PM

Wow, they voted you over me?!

– Big Ben

41. inbillwetrust says: Nov 8, 2011 11:57 PM

Funny how Antonio cromartie isn’t one of the most hated after all the women he left with all the kids he made and all the money he makes and all the unpaid child support and all the trash he talks and all the times Rex Ryan had played with his feet all the time. :)

42. thesportsguy52 says: Nov 9, 2011 12:00 AM

So basically anyone with off-the-field trouble?
    I’m not disagreeing, it’s just an interesting trend. I am also surprised that my boy Ray Lewis didn’t make the list.

43. asublimeday says: Nov 9, 2011 12:01 AM

Of that list, cutler is the only one who has done nothing wrong. Who likes Josh mcdaniels?

44. Andre's Johnson says: Nov 9, 2011 12:06 AM

While I think Roethlisburger is more “dislikable” I’m not surprised that Vick is more “disliked.”

Yeah, I agree with you, snark. Eagles vs. Steelers, no thanks.

45. atchick says: Nov 9, 2011 12:06 AM

Vick is definitely in my top 5….and has nothing to do with him playing for one of my teams rivals.

46. kimkuz99 says: Nov 9, 2011 12:09 AM

Nobody likes a dog murderer.

47. jobotjones says: Nov 9, 2011 12:10 AM

Jets receiver Plaxico Burress finished second, with 56 percent. Third on the list was Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, at 49 percent. In fourth place, former Pats defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, with 46 percent.

^Combined 3 rings

^combined 1 ring…

Just saying…

48. brewcrewfl says: Nov 9, 2011 12:11 AM

Romo had the lead until the 4th qtr … typical

49. jobotjones says: Nov 9, 2011 12:12 AM

kernelreefer says: Nov 8, 2011 11:03 PM

_____________

You are forgetting all the giants faithful that he screwed and the Pats faithful he helped beat in the Super Bowl. Also pretty much just a douch.

50. jkrc717 says: Nov 9, 2011 12:17 AM

I still dont buy Suh being dirtiest player. That’s dumb. I’d say he’s the most fear’d.

Dirtiest players: The Steelers. Particularly Hines Ward.

Philip Rivers, Hines Ward, Dominic Raiola is my top 3 most hated

51. myfinalword says: Nov 9, 2011 12:19 AM

And Donte Stallworth is where on the list?

52. bearsrulepackdrool says: Nov 9, 2011 12:22 AM

Must be dog lovers.

53. spartytime says: Nov 9, 2011 12:22 AM

Its the media hype bro…The more media shoves players down our throat, the more we tend to end up hating them… thats just how it is

54. Mr. Wright 212 says: Nov 9, 2011 12:32 AM

According to who? PETA? Tree huggers? Limpwrist men?

I HATE the Eagles, but Vick has been my son since 1998. If I can’t even manage to hate him and he plays for the team I hate the most, I can’t fathom why anyone else hates him except for the groups mentioned above.

55. stockdogdca says: Nov 9, 2011 12:38 AM

Funny how the test markets done for Vick to pick up several corporate endorsements indicates to the contrary…………

56. raiderapologist says: Nov 9, 2011 12:45 AM

Cutler just looks like a serial killer. He probably isn’t, but he still has that serial killer chin. Anyone that makes that list deserves to be there.

57. bullethead527 says: Nov 9, 2011 12:47 AM

I thought Cam Newton would be on this list, since most ppl consider him a crook and a cheat, and cuz they hate to see a black QB blow it up.

58. ottograham says: Nov 9, 2011 12:47 AM

But there will be Roethlisberger v. Rodgers most likely. Best QB WITH a defense to get them through the playoffs. Pittsburgh still has a bye week coming up. Get ready for a February rematch.

59. gosuhgo says: Nov 9, 2011 12:50 AM

Why Shockey and Cutler? Are they just not likeable?

60. skippynyg87 says: Nov 9, 2011 12:51 AM

Wow. I thought Eli was the most disliked. Lol.

61. dawkattack says: Nov 9, 2011 1:00 AM

Who voted the kkk ?

62. dino2997 says: Nov 9, 2011 1:00 AM

Jay Cutler may be at 38% but I can guarantee you that Bears fans are not part it. The national media seemed to have created that monster for their own gain. No surprise there……

63. blackmike2 says: Nov 9, 2011 1:10 AM

i’m not sure if chapman_jamie was being sarcastic or not, but he’s right about one thing: people aren’t so forgiving. what vick did with the dog-fighting was absolutely 100% wrong. so much so that he did hard time. he served what the legal system demanded and hopefully came out a better person, hopefully even enlightened about the wrong he perpetrated (that’s what rehabilitation is about). now he seems to be trying to lead a better life, and work at the only job he knows, pro football. by most reports he’s a player trying hard to do what his employers wish him to do, and to contribute to his team and to society. he paid his debt without public whining. now is the time to let him get on with his life and career (that’s what forgiveness is about).

64. tatum064 says: Nov 9, 2011 1:13 AM

Wouldnt the most intriguing match-up be Denver vs. Philadelphia. Tebow vs. Michael Vick. what a dream match-up in the Super Bowl in terms of popularity

65. realfootballfan says: Nov 9, 2011 1:30 AM

What do you expect from a nation of morons who screamed from the rooftops early, loudly, and often about Vick’s punishment for his reprehensible animal cruelty but who are the same people saying, “wait and let’s get the whole story about Joe Paterno’s pedophile cover up.”

Or maybe you have those same idiots outside of paterno’s house saying he needs to stay. Somehow, I don’t see the same kind of outrage over, gasp, children.

Instead, I hear alot of wimpering and “I’m hurt by this” nonsense when Paterno and his cohorts knew exactly what the deal was but turned a blind eye, why, who knows?

Instead of the finger wagging about Paterno being morally bankrupt or a sociapath like I heard about Vick for dog fighting, I hear alot of, he’s a good man..let’s just gloss over that he stood by and let kids get defiled by this piece of garbage.

In contrast, you had dummies like that bow tie geek talking about Vick should still be in jail or whatever he said.

Maybe this gap between the venom is due to Paterno not knowing the kids instead of like Vick knowing his dogs. Hey, doesn’t make sense to me, but I’m trying to come up with something because if I hear one more, “Well, let this play out” or “Joe Pa is a good guy despite this” nonsense, I’m going to puke.

People make me sick because they don’t even try to hide their hypocrisy these days.

66. mnvikes7897 says: Nov 9, 2011 1:37 AM

Haters

67. 6250claimer says: Nov 9, 2011 1:38 AM

Ron Mexico is a JAMF.. always has been, always will be. And his second 15 minutes of fame is quickly expiring as his team implodes around him. He’s a huge part of the problem himself – a scatter-armed turnover machine disguised as an elite NFL quarterback.

68. bossplayer213 says: Nov 9, 2011 1:46 AM

Vick will never be forgiven by a certain race of people. He would have been better off killing a person.

69. CKL says: Nov 9, 2011 1:48 AM

I noticed that the MOST LIKED list had almost as many players I dislike as the MOST DISLIKED list.
    And I like a lot more players than dislike them.

70. CowboyErik says: Nov 9, 2011 1:54 AM

PLAXICO is CHEDDER BOB!

71. judgejuday says: Nov 9, 2011 1:57 AM

Weird because he is one of my favorites…

-Bolt fan.

72. realfann says: Nov 9, 2011 2:07 AM

“A poll of fans”

No it wasn’t. It was a poll of the general public. The article made that crystal clear.

I suspect for many of those polled, Michael Vick was the only name they recognized. The article made the same point.

Seems to be a growing trend on this site to deliberately misstate referenced articles in the expectation of more page hits.

There’s a name for that behaviour.

73. yevrag3535 says: Nov 9, 2011 2:07 AM

And you are the most disliked so called football talk site. Big deal, I guess he and you will not make all you money then? Yeah right, do the world a favor and write someting anybody might care about.

74. thenofunleague says: Nov 9, 2011 2:18 AM

Wait. No T.O.? Oh, wait … LOL. Never mind

75. txnative61 says: Nov 9, 2011 2:19 AM

It seems people mistrust the carefully orchestrated media campaigns to redeem the image of miscreant players. Personally, I believe everybody makes choices, and each choice reveals something of their character. Because of differences in upbringing and peer pressure, good choices may seem more difficult for some, but like many things get easier with practice. Bad choices one can spend a lifetime and never fully understand how to make good choices, or why their choices were bad. The media cannot change this perception.

76. lenke08 says: Nov 9, 2011 2:20 AM

As a browns fan my question is this….Where is Hillis he didnt show up to the pulls because of miscommunication, or strep throat, or Pulling a hammy?? Why isnt he on this list. alot of browns fans such as myself are done with him.

77. rajbais says: Nov 9, 2011 2:21 AM

Why Plax?????

78. earthtopft says: Nov 9, 2011 2:27 AM

Man, if you’re less likable than Jay Cutler you should probably just kill yourself. And where is Aaron Rodgers on that list? Was there a typo or something? It can’t be taken seriously without Rudejerk in the top five.

79. dotnukem says: Nov 9, 2011 2:35 AM

Plaxico?

80. lookatthefarside says: Nov 9, 2011 2:43 AM

1.) Is there a Most Disliked Football Team Poll?

2.) I knew that the Sociopath known as Michael Vick would be up there.

3.) I’m surprised that Pacman Jones didn’t make the cut.

4.) Also, is there a Most Disliked Coach in the NFL?

My guess would be that whining crybaby of a coach, Jim Schwartz, would be at the top.

5.) Last but not least, why not have a poll on what people think about Joe Namath hitting on Suzie, “Petunia Pig”, Kolber? I’m guessing 95% of NFL fans love it. The other 5% would be Jets Fans. Oh, also, Petunia, I mean Suzie has definitely quieted her squealing when doing interviews or reports from the sidelines…

81. childressrulz says: Nov 9, 2011 2:46 AM

I bet Vick would trade a couple points and become more disliked for a couple wins at this point.

82. hollywoodwags says: Nov 9, 2011 3:54 AM

“All four players have had trouble with the law, which surely has done nothing to enhance their standing.”

More accurately: all have problems with the media destroying them at the behest of the NFL to sell boxes of Wheaties.

83. mitchitized says: Nov 9, 2011 5:04 AM

Which brings up a good point: What do you think it is going to take for Ben Roethlisberger to rebuild his image and reputation?

All jokes aside, this is an honest question. Vick I can understand, as he tortured and murdered dogs and ended up in prison for it – that’s pretty much cut and dry. Ben’s story is different, as he’s never been subjected to a criminal investigation let alone jail time, but in the court of public opinion he has been arguably blasted even worse than Vick for his various er, escapades…

So he lays low, works hard, gets married, and stays out of trouble. That’s obviously not enough for many fans, at least so far.

Not an apologist for Ben either, just curious what everyone here thinks he needs to do in order to rebuild his image? Or is this a permanent thing, never to be forgiven?

84. acieu says: Nov 9, 2011 5:50 AM

Vick the dog killer should be the most disliked person not in the NFL!

85. tinkletinkleonyourstar says: Nov 9, 2011 6:22 AM

you can tell by vick’s demeanor that he’s not sorry one bit for what he did but rather he’s sorry that he got caught. he’s smug, and it’s too easy to envision him sitting in the courtroom with that same look.

t.o. would have been on that list…IF he was an nfl player!!!

86. famucancer says: Nov 9, 2011 6:24 AM

then who are the people that vote in the pro bowl players and who are the people buying the jerseys? I thought those were fans? No? Vick gets voted to the pro bowl and has a top ten selling jersey but he is disliked? LOL…I bet Nike’s polling would disagree with the Forbes findings.

87. staffordsyear says: Nov 9, 2011 6:26 AM

Where’s jared allen?

88. applesaucecrafts says: Nov 9, 2011 6:43 AM

I’m surprised DeSean Jackson didn’t place

89. ham1 says: Nov 9, 2011 6:44 AM

Everybody knows Vick is a POS. Thats why they prop him up with the Ed Block courage award and all his bs no show interviews.

The story on this guy is far from over. Wait until hes no longer playing football and isnt under the microscope every day. Blunt blunt blunt.

90. uwachampion says: Nov 9, 2011 6:45 AM

Vick is still in the doghouse

91. tv426 says: Nov 9, 2011 6:45 AM

Ok, let’s hear it – someone will claim that it is because everyone is a racist.

92. xxbomberxx says: Nov 9, 2011 6:46 AM

He killed dogs…. but I bet you the guys involved in this Penn State child business see less time and repercussions than Vick did …book it!! Welcome to America

93. packerman1968 says: Nov 9, 2011 6:46 AM

They needed a poll to tell you this?

94. drgreenstreak says: Nov 9, 2011 6:47 AM

Vick is in a class of his own. Makes Big Ben seem a gentleman. What city more deserves him? I mean, other than Detroit, of course.

95. nogoodell says: Nov 9, 2011 6:55 AM

You’re telling me people committed crimes and now people dislike them? WTF

96. brett76 says: Nov 9, 2011 6:57 AM

Wow, Suh is voted dirtiest, but doesn’t even make the top 10 of the most disliked by his peers….

97. brett76 says: Nov 9, 2011 7:01 AM

Oh & just so you people are aware, this wasn’t a fan poll or general population poll… According to NFL.com

“The poll — conducted by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research — was limited to active players who scored a minimum 10 percent public-awareness level”

so the same people who voted Suh Dirtiest voted this poll…

98. wtf_seriously says: Nov 9, 2011 7:05 AM

Eagles fanbase spent a lot of time defending Michael Vick: “he’s paid his debt to society. He’s making appearances to improve his image because he’s sorry”. The fact is, the way that he killed the underperforming dogs was torturing them before they died. Force your homer selves to not ignore the methods that he used to make those dogs die painful deaths: they are public legal knowledge for anyone to read about. If a preteen child was doing that to a squirrel we would label them as a sociopath and future serial killer. America is a nation with dogs as pets: they are members of families. Our country can’t forgive someone who tortured the same breed of animals that our children and grandchildren love dearly, and that we have hop into our cars with us when we take trips.

Now that the Eagles’ window has practically closed on playoff chances, how do you feel now? How does it feel to so far have flushed $100MM down the toilet…on who the rest of the world sees as a proven sociopath?

99. totallydisgusted says: Nov 9, 2011 7:06 AM

not a Vick fan but a certain group of people need to back off of him. He paid for his crime (making illegal/non taxable money)

100. totallydisgusted says: Nov 9, 2011 7:09 AM

@ drgreenstreak

rothlisberger preyed on women. Vick killed dogs. c’mon man where’s the perspective

101. peytonwantsaflag says: Nov 9, 2011 7:09 AM

Pigben number 3?

Deb has proof that ain’t true.

102. gb4mn0 says: Nov 9, 2011 7:24 AM

Hey “realfootballfan” I’m in agreement. But part of the issue with there not being the outrage toward the Penn State Perp and those involved in the cover up is due more to the PC media pushing an nihilistic agenda to devalue the sanctity of human life while over valuing the lives of animals than the point you’re getting at which I believe is “race.”

To make my point, when is the last time you can remember the media reporting a case of same sex rape? It happens often but never gets reported.

103. micklethepickle says: Nov 9, 2011 7:33 AM

mitchitized says:
    Nov 9, 2011 5:04 AM
    ————————————————

Honestly, I don’t think he will ever be forgiven (that is, except by Steelers fans, who never cared in the first place). For me, if it had been one accusation, and his friends and family had supported him/no charges filed, I would’ve brushed it off. But he had TWO in one year, not to mention the SI article where his friends all basically said, “Yea, this isn’t surprising, he’s a douche.” To me, the guy is a sexual predator and a good QB. Doesn’t mean I’ll stop rooting for him to lose every game and his job.

As for the dog-killer, he deserves to remain a public pariah for the rest of his life. And all those who say, “Waaaahhhhh, he served his time, stop being so mean to the sociopath” remember that he never served 1 day for animal cruelty; he went to prison for running an illegal gambling ring. Let’s face the facts: if he couldn’t play a children’s game well, none of you would want him walking free today. How often do you hang out with VIOLENT ex-cons? I’m not talking about the guys who were in for possession; if you’re so into “2nd chances”, then go pick up a convicted rapist/murderer from prison and let them stay with you for a few weeks. The hypocrites here aren’t those who hate Vick, but instead those who root for him. Pathetic!!!

104. rpiotr01 says: Nov 9, 2011 7:40 AM

Sorry, Mike Vick:

Wearing clean shirts < torturing dogs

You got a loooong way to go.

105. TheDPR says: Nov 9, 2011 7:42 AM

Can people please stop saying he served jail time for killing dogs?

He faced ZERO charges from the dog killing.

He went to prison on federal charges of running an interstate gambling ring that was based on dog fighting.

None of the other dog-related crimes he committed – and admitted to – were prosecuted because he is a local hero in Virginia and he got special treatment from the DA there.

Anyone who thinks he got a bad deal doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The guy should still be in prison.

106. RussianBreadMaker says: Nov 9, 2011 7:44 AM

DESEAN JACKSON by far

107. snarkzilla says: Nov 9, 2011 7:45 AM

>Vince Young has been idiotic because of his “Dream Team” garbage and he’s played bad since his last feud with Jeff Fisher. But, worthy of being strongly disliked????

Apparently people don’t like disappointing mental cases QBs who disappear, argue with coaches and then throw equipment at fans for several $million a year.

108. snarkzilla says: Nov 9, 2011 7:47 AM

Roger Goodell. Oh wait – He never played football.

109. dirtydrynn27 says: Nov 9, 2011 7:52 AM

So it`s ok to hunt and kill deer but its criminal and inhumane to kill a dog……..It`s ok to slaughter pigs,cows and chickens…..but its an abomination to kill a dog………

110. NoRespect says: Nov 9, 2011 7:54 AM

I am so tired of the Vick apologists “He did his time” Bull. He paid for the crime, sure, but he is still the same person who tortured animals (and no, I don’t hold animals above people; I would feel the same and more if he did that to a person). That kind of crime is not done by dece nt people who “made a mistake”. That is done by someone who’s very core is corrupt. I don’t know anyone who could do such a thing, and if I found out that I did, I would, without question, no longer associate with that person, even if they “did their time” There are some crimes that come from a person’s situation and some that come from a person’s soul. Really, which one do you think this is?

111. mannyicey says: Nov 9, 2011 7:55 AM

And somewhere, Mike Vick wakes up, yawns, grabs a cup of coffee and calls his investment banker…

Who cares?

112. mannyicey says: Nov 9, 2011 7:58 AM

Oh, and you cannot murder a dog. Just like you cannot murder a horse, chicken, turtle, or goldfish. You can only murder people. But killing an animal isn’t a homicide.

113. tinkletinkleonyourstar says: Nov 9, 2011 8:03 AM

@mitchitized

__________________________________

oj, in a legal system where the someone is innocent until proven guilty, was never convicted thus by your line of reasoning he was never guilty?
    do you still view oj in a negative light?
    how long will he have to ‘lay low and work hard’ until he should be forgiven?

just because someone isn’t tried and convicted doesn’t mean they’re not guilty. just like you probably think oj did it,(even though a jury of his peers found him not guilty) a lot of other people think ben did it. someone who forces themselves sexually on another person is a monster and should never be forgiven and should be incarcerated (at a minimum) for the remainder of their lives.

so to answer your question… permanent thing, never to be forgiven.

114. punkyqb says: Nov 9, 2011 8:05 AM

Vick deserves a second chance? Does anybody recall him getting stopped going thru airport security with a small amount of pot in a water bottle with a hidden compartment a couple of years before his current issues?

115. bigbluefan1 says: Nov 9, 2011 8:06 AM

Maybe it is because Vick showed that he is less then human. You all speak about rehab and second chances how many of you would have your jobs if you had served time?

Ben well he raped

Shocky has nothing to do with the Giants they won the SB because he was in the press box not the feild

Plex could be Giants fans who saw him get a big contract and then continue to be an ahole

The rest who knows I always found Chad Johnson to be funny

116. marinephinfan says: Nov 9, 2011 8:14 AM

Everytime I see a clip of Vick I hope it’s the one where he is getting his neck broken and has to use a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

With the way his simple mind can’t process football, making him rely on his “fight or flight” response, it will happen one day…one day.

117. quittsburghstoolers says: Nov 9, 2011 8:14 AM

Third on the list was Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, at 49 percent.

———————————————————-

Apparently this poll wasn’t conducted at any bars that have a lot of college girls hanging around.

If it had been, the “Restroom Romeo” would have been first on the list…

118. mikehockhurtz says: Nov 9, 2011 8:16 AM

The good news is Vick just saved a bunch of money on car insurance

119. whoisgonnasing says: Nov 9, 2011 8:18 AM

Notice how everything is truly EARNED? Respect. Admiration. Trust.

Congrats Mike! You’ve earned it!

120. nflofficeadmin says: Nov 9, 2011 8:22 AM

Vick committed terrible acts of cruelty against animals.

Ben committed unspeakable sexual crimes against humans.

Vick served his sentence and apologized. Ben has yet to own up for what he’s done.

121. sevensixtwonato says: Nov 9, 2011 8:43 AM

————————————————–

While I don’t disagree with you on the animal cruelty, its not all Vick’s fault they are not doing as well as projected.

122. tigrrrr says: Nov 9, 2011 8:48 AM

dirtydrynn27 says:
    Nov 9, 2011 7:52 AM

———————————————–
    c’mon man, educate yourself. You sound silly.
    the POS vick, did horrific things to the animals he ultimately killed. He attached electric clamps to their ears, and threw them in water, as an example.. there are many other things he did like this. You find this normal and ok? You compare this to hunting?
    Vick does not deserve to be in the NFL …period!

123. 11inthebox says: Nov 9, 2011 8:49 AM

I wonder how the participants were chosen.

Whatever. Gotta have someone to hate.

124. n0hopeleft says: Nov 9, 2011 8:50 AM

THE EMPTY TROPHY CASE CLAN has a leader that is a convicted felon?

Now there’s a surprise.

Why is the city of Bromance ok with this?

Have you ever gone to a Philly home game?

JUST LOOK AROUND.

125. edgerules says: Nov 9, 2011 8:54 AM

I love how people claim we are a “Christian” country, yet we have this silly poll. We should forgive each other as Christ forgave us. Like someone else said, there is a lot of hypocrisy in that people are STILL supporting and forgiving Joe Paterno despite the allegations that he, amongst others, covered up this dope Sandusky’s raping boys, but people can’t forgive Michael Vick?

Of course, and I have forgiven him , even though I am not an Eagles fan or a Vick fan, but even Vick said that there will always be people that will never forgive him.

126. thridandlong says: Nov 9, 2011 8:59 AM

This should include coaches….Belichick would win in a landslide !

127. hotep999 says: Nov 9, 2011 9:02 AM

The distance between a dog killer and a rapist is amazing (based on this public opinion). The public think it’s a greater evil to shoot oneself in the leg than to rape women (#2. Plax #3. Big Ben)?

I bet they hate Vick more than Jerry Sandusky also.

Signed,

Misanthropic

128. imjinbrdgr says: Nov 9, 2011 9:05 AM

claymath52 says: Nov 8, 2011 11:05 PM

———————————————
    That’s public opinion for you. Vick hurt dogs. Ben only hurt women.

129. n0hopeleft says: Nov 9, 2011 9:06 AM

It is so great to see the City of Bromance finally get all the negative attention they deserve.

We’re talking about a franchise who’s most memorable moment in the last 50 years is “the miracle at the meadowlands.” Seriously?

Philly is simply jealous of the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins.

Please start contributing to team NFC East.

130. steelerfanjo says: Nov 9, 2011 9:12 AM

This shows you how stupid you are, NFL fans are, this poll is, and why the NFL is turning into a joke. The two most hated players in the NFL, WITHOUT DOUBT are Tom Brady & Ray Lewis. It isn’t even close. Lewis for the obvious reasons… most people care for people more than dogs, and Brady because he is a whiny baby who has changed the rules of football to make it seem like flag football. Who comes up with the crap?

131. gmen1987 says: Nov 9, 2011 9:15 AM

I wonder how many people who voted for the Vickster as the leagues most hated person are disillusioned Eagles fans who don’t like the play of Ookie and the performance of the dirty rotten birds this season?

Philly fans: Worse fanbase in professional sports.

132. greenpacker says: Nov 9, 2011 9:16 AM

who hates Jay Cutler? im a serious, diehard packers fan and even i sometimes find myself rooting for the guy.

i will never forgive vick, i hate that man and hope i live to see the day his heartless soul leaves his body.

my dogs (BJ and Cobb, BJ used to be named B.Favre but i changed it to BJ for Raji after his playoff td last year and Cobb is our little puppy who we named after the up and coming super star, Randall Cobb) are my best friends. Your best friends are probably humans which means dogs=humans and mike vick is a gosh darn murderer! he should go to jail!

133. packerjer says: Nov 9, 2011 9:24 AM

Surprised to see Burress that high and Roethlisberger that low.

134. alh1128 says: Nov 9, 2011 9:25 AM

Michael Vick has earned this distinction and it is well deserved. But the NFL also holds some of the responsibility for Vick earning this title. It seems the NFL embraces convicted felons. Players commit crimes for which they are tried, convicted, and sentenced to jail time and then the NFL meets them at the gate when they are released with multi-million dollar contracts to play football. Could be that’s why Plax made the list.

The NFL is hugh in public relations and all the organizations they support. You’d think they choose their role models a little more carefully.

135. prettytonyt says: Nov 9, 2011 9:25 AM

how is plaxico disliked? that % should be for “hahaha what an idiot!”

136. comeonnowguys says: Nov 9, 2011 9:25 AM

No Cortland Finnegan?

137. joetoronto says: Nov 9, 2011 9:50 AM

Convicts shouldn’t be allowed in the NFL, period.

138. choice1329 says: Nov 9, 2011 10:01 AM

Simply amazing, Joe Paterno, helps cover up little boys being sodimized, molested by a member of his staff for years, and you have college students ranting they want him to stay with the university, others saying how great of a guy he is. But with Vick and these dogs, people want him hung or incarcerated for life. Now please keep in mind these are the same breed of dogs PETA was trying to eliminate (Prior to Vick’s involvement) these are the same dogs that are banned completely from many communities, this is the same breed of dogs that are responisble for causing the deaths of many human beings, including many children………..Really. This just goes to show how hyprocritical some of you folks are, but then that doesn’t surprise me at all, especially when it comes from a group of people who are responsible for the deaths of many human being, and to this day have not been held accountable. And they say the KKK is dead…………yeah right.

139. woski767 says: Nov 9, 2011 10:09 AM

Personally I feel that if you went to jail while being on an NFL team, you should have a lifetime ban from coming back to the NFL. If any Joe Shmoe spent time in jail, good luck on them getting there old job back. Because Vick, and Burress were in the NFL they can have their jobs back?

140. bigvinnyinjax says: Nov 9, 2011 10:14 AM

And yet 99% of the people on this site seem to hate Tebow the most. Interesting. I never seen a harsh word towards Vick or Roethlisberger. Odd results, in my opinion.

141. rc33 says: Nov 9, 2011 10:20 AM

Aside from the dog thing….which is plenty reason to dislike the guy…Vick has been coming off as a whiny little biotch this year.
    My Offensive line stinks…whah!
    I don’t get the calls other QB’s do…whah!

etc, etc..

142. adirtyplayernamedsue says: Nov 9, 2011 10:30 AM

There are several reasons to dislike vick off the field we all know that. But here is why I don’t like him on the field. He was whining about late hits, he still can’t read a defense consistently, he make poor decisions, and he is anointed a top tier QB, yet has won only one big game in his career. I can keep going, but that is enough for now.

143. mrgoodbar216 says: Nov 9, 2011 10:36 AM

Cmon people you all need to get over the whole vick dog thing. What ever happened to forgiving your fellow man for his errors. We all sin. If god took the same feelings you all have towards vick towards us then we all would be doomed.

144. realfootballfan says: Nov 9, 2011 10:54 AM

r gb4mn0,

I wasn’t alluding to race. Although I know there are alot of racially biased people on all sides of the color line in this country, I could care less about that unless it’s involving something tangible like the inequities that still exist like what have been uncovered in some of these undercover investigative pieces.

That being said, I know there are white people who resent people of different races, and vice versa in all directions..I just teach my kids to be better and hope there are more people out there doing the same because I frankly don’t care what everyone else does until it affects me or my family.

What I was getting at was that everything is shaped in the media and public sphere by likability rather than honest, cold facts.

Because Joe Paterno has been the likable old guy for years, there is actually less outrage for what he did, turning a blind eye to a guy raping little kids, while Michael Vick, who was always viewed as arrogant, was immediately vilified from the outset for crimes that aren’t even in the same book.

I remember in April 2007 when it wasn’t even known for sure if Vick was involved in the dog fighting but because it was happening at his property, it was assumed that of course he was involved.

Yet, Paterno hears about his long time assistant, who there had been rumblings about earlier, openly screwing a little boy on campus, and it’s met with, “Well, we don’t know what Paterno knew, it wasn’t his responsibility once he notified his superiors but maybe he should have looked further into it.” “Maybe,” are you kidding me? That was nearly 10 years ago.

Don’t you see the hypocrisy? That has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with being tired of likability dictating a story. Report the facts and be objective.

145. noodlecbs says: Nov 9, 2011 12:18 PM

Way to represent Newport News VA! Top 2 on the list, our fave (illegetimate) sons Plax and Vick.

146. greymares says: Nov 9, 2011 2:53 PM

there seems to be a lot of Giant fans posting, condeming Vick. you people do realize you have LAWRENCE TAYLOR in your closet.

147. tigrrrr says: Nov 9, 2011 5:20 PM

Vick couldnt be more deserving than to be number one on this list. Face it, he worked hard coming up with all of those ways to torture animals.
    Vick certainly earned being number one on the most disliked list! He is a true POS, fooling all of you eagle fans that still root for him!

148. 2ndaryinsanity says: Nov 9, 2011 8:29 PM

REALFOOTBALLFAN….
    I won’t ever forgive Vick. Torturing and killing dogs on a regular basis for two years is not “making a mistake.” It’s cruel and twisted. Serving a couple of years in Club-Fed doesn’t change that.

What Joe Paterno and other Penn State officials did makes me sick. There’s absolutely no excuse for it…and I wish every single one of them would serve time in jail (and get some “quality time” with Bubba in the prison showers). What makes me even more sick are all the f#%$ idiots who camped out in Joe’s front yard so they could show their “support” for him.

149. 2ndaryinsanity says: Nov 9, 2011 8:42 PM

Vick being higher on the list than Big Ben has NOTHING to do with race. Vick was convicted of his crimes while Ben was never even arrested. If he had been, I’m fairly certain that raping women would rank higher than killing dogs.

150. kmiller9959 says: Nov 9, 2011 9:55 PM

Mike Vick was found guilty of a felony and admitted to being the ringleader of a dogfighting group. Big Ben was never even on trial for these rape accusations, let alone found guilty of anything. He had accusations made against him by a girl who admitted to being wasted. Accusations are worth ZERO on their own, especially by someone whose judgment and memory are affected by booze.

The other thing that gets Vick hate is his attitude. The crying about the supposed non-calls when he gets creamed and his overall arrogance and rudeness when addressing the media, particularly after a bad game. This is a man who in no way humbled by his downfall of a few years ago. He is still an arrogant entitled brat who only cares about himself. He shows this every time he opens his mouth.

Plaxico ranks high because of what he did to the Giants when he shot himself. They were well on their way to repeating, but lost almost every game after he shot his leg (IIRC, they were 11-1 before he shot himself, and ended up winning only one of the last four regular season games, and then got KO’ed in their first playoff game against Philly). Also, all of his garbage trash talk about his former teammates and his signing with the Jets probably rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, myself included.

Haynesworth is a fat, lazy piece of crap who should have been banned for life after stomping on that guy’s head in Dallas. He does not have the attitude or work ethic of a professional and doesn’t deserve to be on the field.

But how is Tom Brady not on this list? He is the biggest crybaby in the NFL today and his team cheated to win their championships. He is too soft to play in the NFL so he cries and cries until they start changing the rules to suit his limpwristed brand of football. He throws a temped tantrum every time he makes mistakes (which is quite frequent of late) instead of just sucking it up like most of the other QBs in the NFL. More proof that the NFL rigs everything to favor Brady – he probably was the most hated but they had to edit it off or he’d cry about that too.

151. wtf_seriously says: Nov 9, 2011 11:44 PM

choice1329 says: Nov 9, 2011 10:01 AM

—————————————
    Don’t even throw the race card in this debate, choice1329. No one is talking race but you, and shame on you for that. It wasn’t just pit bulls. Vick was using smaller dogs to “train” the pits to fight. It was actually a poodle that Vick repeatedly hoisted over his head and slammed to the ground for 3-5 minutes until it was dead. I don’t think he would be strong enough to lift a pit repeatedly and body slam it. Do you?

152. chas88 says: Nov 10, 2011 9:26 AM

——————————————————-

He’s not on the list because a lot of people don’t hate the person he is, they don’t like the level of success he’s had. I’m not seeing how he is too soft or throws temper tantrums. That is a completely biased opinion. The only way to make that assumption is if you’ve watched every snap he’s taken, which I wouldn’t understand if you hate him so much. He doesn’t whine any more than other QBs, or hell even WR who are looking for a PI flag after EVERY PLAY when they don’t catch the ball. Who doesn’t want a QB that gets upset when he makes a mistake? You would end up with someone like Tony Romo who continuously shrugs off his mistakes and never gets any better. Can’t win.

153. bleedeaglegreen says: Nov 10, 2011 11:34 AM

Vick Defenders:
    Stop throwing race into this.
    Stop throwing religion into this.
    Stop throwing Penn State into this – when we are talking about the most hated College football coaches, Paterno is certainly fair game but this debate is about the most hated NFL PLAYER!

Ben was never arrested; he was accused with no evidence to back up the accusations. If you really think that the little town in Ga let him off the hook, then you must feel the same way about Kobe & his accusations, funny how that is never brought up.

Vick did inexcusable things over & over, multiple times a week for 6 years. He bought that property in Va exclusively to run this operation & to torture helpless creatures because he enjoyed it, he got a charge out of it. Add to it his pathological habit of being a compulsive liar & his zero regard for other humans in that he felt it was ok to spread incurable disease.

The guy has shown over & over again that he gets consideration he doesn’t deserve.

154. pack13queens0 says: Nov 11, 2011 9:18 PM

Vick should never be forgiven for what he did. Anybody else would still be in jail. I don’t believe in second chances. You would never see a Packer player or fan getting involved with dogfighting.

155. forci8 says: Nov 12, 2011 9:38 AM

The fact that anyone forgives Vick just amazes me. The guy is pure garbage and a lousy QB to boot. What he did to those helpless dogs was beyond cruel. Its not about the dogfighting but how he tortured the dogs. The city of Philadelphia and Eagles fans all over the country sold there souls just to root for a team because they are so desperate for a super bowl win which they will NEVER get with Vick. I am loving every loss and every hit he takes. Kharma baby.

156. bangitfootball says: Nov 14, 2011 11:41 AM

Id say the 2 leaders of the “Dream Team”, Fido Vick and Dunce Young) should be 1 and 1a on the list.