Tomlinson needs MRI on knee

New England Patriots v New York Jets Getty Images

LaDainian Tomlinson limped off the field late in the fourth quarter after being tackled by Patriots “cornerback” Julian Edelman.

With a fast turnaround before the Jets’ game in Denver, we’d be surprised to see Tomlinson on the field Thursday. He confirmed he will undergo an MRI on his knee on Monday, according to ESPNNewYork.com.

Joe McKnight will get a bigger workload if Tomlinson is out for a long period of time.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Tomlinson needs MRI on knee”
  1. richm2256 says: Nov 14, 2011 9:16 AM

I honestly hate to see ANY player injured, but it was almost comical to see the mighty Tomlinson taken out by a clean tackle from little Julian Edelman, a tiny receiver playing some cornerback!

2. richm2256 says: Nov 14, 2011 9:19 AM

———————————————————
    Yeah, because he displayed so much skill muffing that punt last night, right?

3. picksix401 says: Nov 14, 2011 9:19 AM

i remember seeing this and thinking to myself, “wow, julian edelman just made a great tackle for a slot receiver… and THEN i saw LT was hurt. i don’t wish injuries on anyone… unless it’s LT! guy won’t ever win a thing, just cry on the sidelines

4. joetoronto says: Nov 14, 2011 9:33 AM

Just in time, Lady Tomlinson doesn’t like cold weather.

5. schmitty2 says: Nov 14, 2011 9:40 AM

Nice to see Edelman making contact that’s not against the law

6. innerlign says: Nov 14, 2011 9:47 AM

Jets get their vet RB injured in garbage time against the Pat’s offensive players on defense. Icing on the cake for a franchise who always tells you they are better than they ever will be.

7. 6ball says: Nov 14, 2011 10:24 AM

Let the inevitable Edelman / Ronnie Lott comparisons commence.

8. radtrigger says: Nov 14, 2011 11:14 AM

Go cry on the sidelines, Mr. I’ve never won anything in my life. Fake Toughguy.

9. habsman says: Nov 14, 2011 11:38 AM

….”you know me, I’m a classy guy.”

10. mrgroovesd says: Nov 14, 2011 11:39 AM

It sucks to see LT go down. Watched him when he played the Bolts. He was alway solid for the team when playing and a threat. Hopefully it’s nothing bad.

11. ambitoos says: Nov 14, 2011 11:45 AM

I hate to see a hall of fame running back being critisized by a bunch of people that haven’t accomplished a damn thing in they’re lives. Age catches up with everybody.

12. nyjalleffingday says: Nov 14, 2011 11:49 AM

Yeah, you guys are scum, you may not like the guy, but celebrating what could be the end of a truly spectacular career? But the Jets are classless, right?

13. jnbnet says: Nov 14, 2011 12:11 PM

I hate the “classy guy” as much as any other Patriots fan, however I hate seeing anyone get injured. You do have to admitt that He was one of the great running backs of this era. I love it when we can shut him down, but also appreciate his level of play.

14. mikebyrne1502 says: Nov 14, 2011 12:14 PM

I never thought I would say this but seeing him during the mid season I believe he wants to quit, I look at the sideline demeanor and we talked about it all the time in SD if LT doesn’t like his current situation he shuts it down. I was interested when he first decided to go to the jets and was excited to see him running as hard as he did last year, but he isn’t running the same way this year and unless this injury sidelines him for the year does anyone excpect to see “LT21″ the HOF guy coming back to form?

15. homelanddefense says: Nov 14, 2011 12:16 PM

Im a Pats fan, but anyone who celebrates an injury is a douche.

Edleman tackles better than most of the Patriots actual secondary.

16. chatttty says: Nov 14, 2011 12:18 PM

hate to see anybody get hurt but is there anything worse then having shonn green in fantasy and seeing this has been in there 50% of the time

17. radtrigger says: Nov 14, 2011 12:35 PM

“I’m a classy guy” Go pout and let Rivers show you how to be a man.