McGahee questionable for Thursday

Denver Broncos v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

With Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno done for the year as the team prepares to face the Jets on Thursday night, the Broncos need starting tailback Willis McGahee to be ready to go.

As of right now, it’s unknown whether that McGahee will play.

He’s officially listed as questionable with a hamstring injury suffered on Sunday against the Chiefs.  Based, however, on quotes from coach John Fox and McGahee, it sounds like McGahee may give it a go.

“He’s made a lot of progress,” Fox said Wednesday.  “As I mentioned earlier in the week, he was actually cleared to play in the game in Kansas City a week ago.  We were only going to do that in an emergency, so we’ll evaluate him day to day.  We just follow the medical protocol, and do whatever the medical people think is in his best to have him healthy on game day which is tomorrow night.”

McGahee was slightly less equivocal.

“I always feel 100 [percent],” McGahee said.  “I feel good.  It’s football, you’re not going to be 100 percent every week, so I’m good. . . .  It’s going to be good.  I’m not going to worry about it, so I don’t think you should worry about it.”

That’s easier said than done, especially for anyone who has McGahee — or Lance Ball — on their fantasy rosters.

The Broncos host the Jets on Thursday night.  Other than Moreno, McGahee is the only player on the team who is listed as questionable or worse for the game.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “McGahee questionable for Thursday”
  1. doggz109 says: Nov 16, 2011 7:50 PM

It’s a statement game on primetime…..you know if he can go that McGahee will be out there.

2. kjs7way says: Nov 16, 2011 7:53 PM

Aarrghhhhh. Chalk me up another brutal fantasy loss! Stuck on one win! I know, counting on Willy to bring me the trophy wasn’t the best strategy!

3. Soulman45 says: Nov 16, 2011 8:00 PM

First to say this game is going to be fun to watch a all out running attack which will be new to the NFL can hardily wait for Denver to show the world weather it will work.

4. earthtopft says: Nov 16, 2011 8:14 PM

100% doesn’t go as far as it used to in sports hyperbole. Inflation has devalued it severely. 150% is the new 100%.

5. tominmilwaukee says: Nov 16, 2011 8:29 PM

Picked up Ball in two leagues… Starting him regardless of Big Willies condition…. I mean, they only run about 90% of the time anyway….

6. darrenindenver says: Nov 16, 2011 8:35 PM

McGahee is old school. He isn’t the type to step out of bounds, just as he isn’t the type to sit on the bench if he is only hurt not injured. I hope he plays because with Tebow at QB the Broncos are running a lot and they could use him against a tough Jets D…

7. damko12 says: Nov 16, 2011 9:25 PM

TeBlow > Mexico

8. denverdave3 says: Nov 16, 2011 9:39 PM

I reluctantly admit there are a lot of people who are in fantasy football leagues, but I hate to see people bring that into these discussions.

This ought to be about football not gambling.

9. fitzmagic1212 says: Nov 16, 2011 9:44 PM

Denver has god as a 12th man so I’m giving them the edge..sorry rex no one likes you

10. charlutes says: Nov 16, 2011 11:07 PM

@DenverDave, I fail to see how fantasy football isnt about football. Every diehard football fan i know plays fantasy football, and most who do know their stuff and love the game. Fantasy football is 85% of the reason this blog exists. And it is as much about gambling as a game of poker with a few buddies; you can play for 5 bucks or 100 but really you’re playing for pride.

11. myspaceyourface says: Nov 17, 2011 8:38 AM

Weather? Is it going to snow in Denver

Whether? or not?

12. sgurgola says: Nov 17, 2011 9:33 AM

Fantasy foootball is not for real men, it’s for people who don’t know x’s and o’s, don’t have the balls to root for one team and who live in a make believe world…we don’t need you wasting our time and taking up space that could be used for intelligent and/or emotional discussion of the game we love

13. cshearing says: Nov 17, 2011 10:45 AM

sgurgola says: Nov 17, 2011 9:33 AM

——————————————————

Get off my lawn, you young whippersnappers!

14. nysaysbringit says: Nov 17, 2011 1:43 PM

@ fitzmagic1212;

Your probably gonna like Rex alot less after he and his pissed off Jets take out that loss to the Patriots out on Denver.