Vick, Maclin downgraded to out for Sunday night

Getty Images

Previously listed as questionable for Sunday night’s game against the Giants, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick (ribs) and receiver Jeremy Maclin (shoulder, ankle) have now officially been scratched.

The team has announced that both Vick and Maclin have been downgraded to out.

Neither will travel to New York.

Vince Young is expected to get the start at quarterback, and Riley Cooper is expected to pick up some extra reps at receiver.

46 responses to “Vick, Maclin downgraded to out for Sunday night

1. I wanted them to play so they’d have absolutely ZERO excuses to whine about, or their typical “lucky” comment where they try (in futility) to explain away a flat out ash whipping.

2. Haha all that money for a quarterback whose never amounted to anything in the NFL. I cant even remember when hes played a full season. Tony romo plays with broken ribs and a collapsed lung, vick is a bum. I love that philly threw all this money into this year to make a superbowl run and here they are a 3-6.

3. Oh man do I ever feel bad for Philly fans. If Vick were my starting QB I’d find a new team to root for.

4. Whenever I see an eagle’s post I just scroll to see how many haters are out there, michael vick this michael vick that andy reid’s fat they’re overrated dream team.. same old bull crap the same type of people.. so where ya at giant fans criticizing eagle fans saying they are classless.. look at the pot calling the kettle black..

5. I would say the Eagles are screwed without vick and maclin but….they’re playin at the Meadowlands. You never know what can happen.

6. Thought for sure this was a smokescreen from Andy Reid this week. Giants have a way of making the #2 QB look like a superstar. Hopefully they remember the “Miracle at the meadowlands 2” from last year and play a full 60 this time.

7. DeSean Jackson HAS to step up. He has a chance to step up and have a big game in place of Maclin. You want a contract? Show that you deserve it!

8. No excuses sometimes team have bad years. Our coach made a dumb choice on the defense by hiring Castillo period. Wasted talent and didnt bring in any help at lb. it’s ok if the birds lose to the ginas the ginas will lose to the packers saints and cowgirls and lose the division yet again. Being non competitive once every four years isn’t as big of a deal as other fans make it out to be.

9. Don’t be suprised to see the that the Eagles, given the possibility of a very high draft pick next year, take a chance on one of those promising QBs – Barkley, Landy Jones, etc. — coming out in the 2012 draft.

10. 1. keephatinghaters77 says: Nov 19, 2011 2:58 PM
    ———————————————————————————————————-

More logic from a fan base that treats regular season win streaks as Lombardi’s.

Are ya serious? Eagle fans don’t say the same ol’ things over & over about Eli or Osi?

Your QB is evil, your coach is fat. Your defensive coordinator is useless.

Your record is 3-6 & you all deserve it.

Get over it.

11. @baldingerspinky

Well, I’ll give you some credit baldy. At least you still post on here. That’s a lot more than I can say for a lot of your “brethren” that was here puffing their chests out over the off-season. Anybody seen “mad5555” or “7to10for6allday” lately?

And by the way, teams have proven you don’t need to win the division to win the SB. Giants and last years Packers won their games on the road, and they did just fine.

12. @ baldingerspinky

While being noncompetitive once every four years might not be a big deal, what do you think about going 50 years without a championship?

13. Can’t flex this game out. Eagles fans should enjoy the primetime games while they can. With a losing record, Eagles will be blanked in primetime appearances in 2012. Eagles fans outside of the Philly area had better save up for DirecTV Sunday Ticket if they want to watch their team.

14. skins23 says: Nov 19, 2011 8:57 PM

Aaaaaaand the luckiest team in the NFL strikes again. Why wouldn’t the Giants get to face the Eagles without 2 of their biggest weapons?
    —————–

“Luck” was Week 1.

Good is what you’re looking up from your 30 year mortgage in last place in the NFC East.

Although I won’t be mad if you win tomorrow.

15. @vickspreadsherpes

Listen jackass regardless of what vick did or how fat Andy Reid is…I was a fan before them and I’ll be a fan after them so go F%%% yourself, Count your rings bash the Eagles and their fans its all good dude..whatever makes you feel better about being a jackass..Remember im a Eagles fan not a vick fan douche…

16. skins23 says:
    Nov 19, 2011 8:57 PM
    ———————————————————-
    What an idiotic statement, figures it’s from skins23. Do you think the Giants haven’t had ANY injuries this year? They are also still missing their starting RB and their best LB this year (Boley) for this game. This on top of the guys they have had injured over the year.

I try not to bring up the injuries (sounds like an excuse), but skins23 kind of forced my hand. Cry me a river. Go root for a team that doesn’t perennially suck, then you wouldn’t complain so much.

17. Projected DeSean Jackson totals for Sunday night:
    3 receptions, 35 yards, 0 TD

Projected Vince Young totals for Sunday night:
    18-39, 145 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 2 Fumbles

18. skins23 says: Nov 19, 2011 8:57 PM

======================================

Sooooooooooooo the giants not having Bradshaw and Boley don’t even things up ?

I guess you didn’t see the first game they played this year when they Broke Vick faster than a toy made in China.

Oh!! Thats right your a foreskin fan, Hows this season working out for Ya !!!

19. As a lifelong Eagles fan, I want to see Bad Newz Vick downgraded to: GONE.
    Gone from the Eagles, gone from the NFL, just plain GONE!! :mrgreen:

Also, it’s way past time for a different head coach. Reid peaked about 6 years ago, and is just getting worse.

Other than that, and the Jackson non-deal, and the O-line, and the “defense”..

It’s always sunny in Philly.

20. It isn’t easy to feel sorry for iggle fans, but I sure do. We all knew in Atlanta how this was going to end.
    I know it isn’t completely over, and that is a little something for someone that can’t stand filthy to look forward to. Vick should continue to raise, then dash their hopes probably until the end of the Reid era.

21. gpete1962 says: Nov 20, 2011 6:44 AM

skins23 says: Nov 19, 2011 8:57 PM

======================================

Sooooooooooooo the giants not having Bradshaw and Boley don’t even things up ?

Oh!! Thats right your a foreskin fan, Hows this season working out for Ya

===================================

Dont forget TT, Tryon, Goff, Austin….

Hes just mad because his idiot qb said the skins would win the division, and the only thing theyve won is another lease in the NFC east basement.