More tests on Monday for Heyward-Bey

Oakland Raiders v Minnesota Vikings Getty Images

As mentioned in an update to a prior item, Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey has been cleared to fly home with the Raiders after suffering a scary next injury against the Vikings after taking a knee to the helmet.

Per multiple sources, all tests were negative.  But more tests are coming tomorrow.

For now, Heyward-Bey is wearing a neck brace.  His status for next weekend against the Bears remains unknown.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
18 Responses to “More tests on Monday for Heyward-Bey”
  1. Chairman Al says: Nov 20, 2011 7:25 PM

Scary situation. Best of luck.

2. crippled4life says: Nov 20, 2011 7:30 PM

Prayers for DHB.

3. bloggingpoodlewalker says: Nov 20, 2011 7:34 PM

He will be ok,..I just set you all strait.

4. radrntn says: Nov 20, 2011 7:41 PM

good game DHB. get healthy

5. 1nationraidernation says: Nov 20, 2011 7:55 PM

Go Raiders, beat the ref’s

6. rudegger says: Nov 20, 2011 8:01 PM

Luckily his helmet came off to lessen the impact of the knee on his neck. That looked like a rough one. Landing square on his tailbone (that’s where I first thought he was injured) certainly didn’t help things. That backbone took a lot of shock when he landed.
    I hope he gets back soon. He’s been making Big Daddy Al proud.

7. bcknights says: Nov 20, 2011 8:16 PM

Wish him fast recovery. From Viking fan.

8. marshawnlynchlookslikepredator says: Nov 20, 2011 8:17 PM

All I’m saying is I hope he recovers quickly and all is well, but if that had been a Vikings WR and not Heyward-Bey, there would of been a 15 yard personal foul penalty on the play.

Those refs were atrocious. They didn’t even know what down it was at one point.

9. vikingprideforever says: Nov 20, 2011 8:39 PM

get back soon, love that old raider style of vertical passing

10. sikoix says: Nov 20, 2011 8:57 PM

Really hope DHB recovers from whatever the injury winds up being. That was stomach turning (even as a Viking fan) to see him laying there after that hit. It looked like (literally) a broken neck.

Good luck to the Raiders the rest of the way.

11. luckypooky says: Nov 20, 2011 9:07 PM

A next injury?? I hope the editorial department fixes this A.S.A.P….I hope he gets better soon!

12. buzzbissinger says: Nov 20, 2011 10:00 PM

Wow, you Vikings fans are alright in my book. (For what that’s worth) I always liked Minnesota, been there a couple times.

13. randomjim says: Nov 20, 2011 10:18 PM

The fans were doing the wave because they were bored. I don’t think they realized it could have come across as insensitive.

14. nomesayin says: Nov 20, 2011 11:07 PM

I hated when Al drafted him so high. I hated watching him drop footballs over the last 2-3 years. BUT, he works hard, & watching how he gets pumped even when the other WRs make plays & he’s not too involved in the gameplan makes me think he’s a class act. His playmaking has improved too. I’m a DHB fan. I hope he’s OK.

15. arealfan says: Nov 20, 2011 11:39 PM

I am a Vikings fan that was in attendance and was pretty shocked that fans started the wave during this injury. Bored or not, that wasn’t classy at all.

16. vikingdoode says: Nov 21, 2011 12:03 AM

buzzbissinger: No one wishes career ending injuries, Get well beat the Bears……we need something to cheer for.

Love to see 49ers win the championship over the Pack spoil that party of theirs…

17. buzzbissinger says: Nov 21, 2011 12:54 AM

Vikingdoode: Thanx, but you missed a couple of Favre threads if you think no one wishes injury on anyone.

18. blashi says: Nov 23, 2011 12:08 AM

get well dhb we need u bro