The Seahawks probably aren’t going to the playoffs. But they are making progress.
Here’s what we learned during Seattle’s 24-7 win over the Rams.
1. The Seahawks are easily the second best team in the NFC West. They could finish with a decent record because they face St. Louis and Arizona again. The Seahawks are 4-6 compete every week when Tarvaris Jackson starts.
Pete Carroll has slowly built a rather suffocating defense. All things considered, this Seahawks team has more going for it than last year’s team that won a playoff game.
2. Sam Bradford threw the ball 40 times for 181 yards. He was sacked five times and hit seven more. Steven Jackson rushed for 42 yards on 15 carries. St. Louis’ offense is absolutely lost.
3. Give credit to Seattle for disrupting the Rams offense all day. Chris Clemons had three sacks. The Seahawks gave up only 185 total yards.
4. Tarvaris Jackson didn’t have his best game, but two big plays to Doug Baldwin and Mike Williams were enough. It’s a great sign for the Seahawks they can win going away when Jackson throws two interceptions.
5. We don’t think the Rams would be smart to start over completely after this season. But Steve Spagnuolo might need to get his team playing better down the stretch to keep his job next year.