Chung, Faulk, McCourty among Patriots inactives

Kevin Faulk, Troy Polamalu AP

An extra day to prepare for the Chiefs haven’t fixed New England’s significant injury problems.

Safety Patrick Chung is out another week, which is a mild surprise. Also out: Cornerback Devin McCourty, running back Kevin Faulk, and linebackers Dane Fletcher & Brandon Spikes.

Former TCU guard Marcus Cannon is active for the first time since overcoming cancer treatments.

For the Chiefs, defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey will not play. He was a gametime decision.  Cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers are both active.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Chung, Faulk, McCourty among Patriots inactives”
  1. joetoronto says: Nov 21, 2011 7:21 PM

No big deal, it’s only the Chiefs.

2. Soulman45 says: Nov 21, 2011 7:30 PM

Frist to make a pick 38-21 NE
    No matter the Pats should still win.

3. readysethike says: Nov 21, 2011 7:31 PM

that is very unfortunate, because there secondary is horrendous. But i expect Andre Carter and Mark Anderson to have a big night

4. tiffpats4eva says: Nov 21, 2011 7:53 PM

Now, I am nervous.

5. yessams says: Nov 21, 2011 8:01 PM

I certainly think that Ryan and his outspoken attitude lends itself to this potential situation. $75,000 though…not so sure about that. I personally dislike Ryan, but I think it is a little extreme.

I remember Mike Holmgrem while he was coaching the Packers. In 1998 in a game against the Eagles, there was a fan at halftime (at the tunnel) that said something like “why don’t you focus on the team you coach, instead of worrying about your next job”. Holmgrem had some choice words there too, with the F-bomb. Made a lot of news locally, but I do not think he was fined at all. Different commish though…

6. semperfi24 says: Nov 21, 2011 8:19 PM

Lions Head Coach Jim Schwartz thinks coming back from cancer is a walk in the park. Did you see that he has a guy on his team, that ran for 200 yards after tearing an ACL 2 years ago? Cancer? Schwartz laughs at cancer…

Note the sarcasm, and for the extreme boneheads, I will spell it out. I am giving Schwartz a hard time for his comments, I do not in any way shape or form think Cancer is a laughing matter, or a walk in the park

7. raiderapologist says: Nov 21, 2011 9:21 PM

Haley has a clean hat tonight, and it looks like it’s not red.

8. biggiep says: Nov 22, 2011 1:36 AM

Chung, Fok, Mak Guo Tea among Red Army inactives.