Diehl will replace Beatty at left tackle

New York Giants v Washington Redskins Getty Images

With Giants left tackle Will Beatty out of commission due to a detached retina, the man who most recently played left tackle for the Giants will slide back out to the blind-side position on the New York offensive line.

Per a league source, guard David Diehl will replace Beatty, who could be out for the rest of the season.

Beatty is the latest player to be injured this season.  Though the Giants have been able to overcome much of the adversity, the Giants currently have lost two games in a row, and the schedule gets no easier.  They play the Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Redskins, Jets, and Cowboys to finish out the season.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Diehl will replace Beatty at left tackle”
  1. lbijake says: Nov 23, 2011 9:14 PM

Flaherty and Bicknell will coach them up.

2. jerzeegiant says: Nov 23, 2011 9:27 PM

3. mikehockhurtz says: Nov 23, 2011 9:49 PM

The Eagles average defensive line went through them like no tomorrow….

Giants are in trouble Monday night at New Orleans, no matter how much you shuffle the line around…

4. vikescry1 says: Nov 23, 2011 10:20 PM

By the looks of that schedule, sounds like some loss’s. Don’t know if the giants r gonna make the playoff’s.

5. nightwalker43 says: Nov 23, 2011 10:36 PM

Boothe will probably play guard. I agree, Diehl may be an upgrade at LT. Hopefully this will stabilize the running attack. At least I’m optimistic. I hope this works, dammit!

6. atchick says: Nov 24, 2011 2:05 AM

This is not a bad deal I think getting Diehl back at tackle could help! I think the run game might benefit! He has been subpar readjusting to guard”

If we had a veteran at subpar at guard, what do you think is moving into that spot? This is trouble. Eli will have blind side protection, but what about what’s coming right at him?

7. growthhormonediehl says: Nov 24, 2011 6:25 AM

As long as he has his HGH he will be just fine. Once the testing commences, not so fine.

8. nzyme says: Nov 24, 2011 7:31 AM

3/5 of the line needs to replaced. I can’t believe Eli came out of the game in one piece. It was the worst performance I’ve since he’s been there. Let’s not even talk about the run blocking. THEY DID NOTHING! They need their man cards taken away at once!

9. jbl429 says: Nov 24, 2011 8:14 AM

Diehl may play tackle better than he did guard, but it’s not an upgrade at the LT position. Beatty was the only half-decent player on the O line this season. Losing him is a huge loss, and I hope he can come back soon!

10. baroneski29 says: Nov 24, 2011 8:34 AM

I actually think this might be better for the run game. Boothe is good in the run game, and Diehl is a better LT than LG.