Chad Jones will join Giants in New Orleans

Chad Jones AP

One year and a half after a life-threatening car crash, 2010 Giants third round draft pick Chad Jones is ready to take a new step in his recovery.

The New Orleans-area native and LSU product will take a brief break from his rehab to join his Giants teammates on the sideline for the first time during Monday night’s game in New Orleans.

“It might even bring tears to my eyes being on that field, especially in front of the fans in New Orleans,” Jones told Mike Garaofolo of the Newark Star-Ledger. “I’m sure they’re happy for me, just seeing me on the field, standing with the team, even though it’s the opponent. It’s definitely going to be a great feeling.”

Jones, currently on the reserve/non-football injury list, hopes to make it back to the NFL next year. He admits that he has become depressed at times during his rehabilitation, but ran a 4.84 forty-yard dash last month and has made progress since then.

He believes that seeing his team will serve as motivation.  Just standing on the sideline will be a huge moment for Jones in his family.

“I’ve got a lot of family that’s coming in town, just to see me on the sideline,” Jones said. “It’s great, just great being part of this.”

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Chad Jones will join Giants in New Orleans”
  1. joetoronto says: Nov 24, 2011 11:50 AM

Way to go, Chad, all the best!

2. shaggytoodle says: Nov 24, 2011 11:56 AM

My question is can he replace Prince Fielder, I believe he was drafted by the Brewers as well.

3. howiefeltersnatch says: Nov 24, 2011 12:13 PM

War Chad Jones

4. baldingerspinky says: Nov 24, 2011 12:41 PM

Hope him and herzlich can be productive player and lead productive lives. I’m thankful I live in a country where I can hate/ laugh at the giants team year after year. Go Eagles!

5. cmb79 says: Nov 24, 2011 1:27 PM

I can’t wait to see him on the field next year!

6. bigkatvik7 says: Nov 24, 2011 3:23 PM

Chad is my secretary’s cousin. His story is truly inspirational. I’ll be pulling for him.

7. east96st says: Nov 24, 2011 4:55 PM

baldingerspinky – Trust me, we Giants fans laugh so much harder at the empty trophy case clan. I’ve had the pleasure of watching three Giants Super Bowl wins in my lifetime. How many Super Bowls have you seen the Eagles win?

8. n0hopeleft says: Nov 25, 2011 10:25 AM

_____________________________________

This is such a great post. You attacked a cancer survivor and major car accident survivor?

I bet you weren’t laughing as hard as I was in 2007 when Eli hoisted that trophy up! I googled the Eagles last Superbowl win, but I couldn’t find any pictures???????

THE EMPTY TROPHY CASE CLAN strikes again by showing their true colors. I’m thankful I live in a country where losing year after year motivates the loser to run their mouth to make them-self feel better.

Your mother must be so proud!