Packers on Suh: “His explanation is crap”

Green Bay Packers v Detroit Lions Getty Images

Packers guard T.J. Lang spoke for the rest of America when he responded to Ndamukong Suh’s weak postgame explanation of his antics on Thursday.

“That’s [expletive],” Lang said via Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “He clearly had Evan [Dietrich-Smith] by the face mask pinned to the ground. His explanation is crap. There’s no room for that. It’s a dumb penalty. He hurt his own team today.”

Dietrich-Smith took the high road after the game:
“Sometimes things happen. I don’t know what drove him to do what he did. I can’t say much else.”
Packers tight end Andrew Quarless was more fired up.
“He was lucky I wasn’t on the field,” Quarless told Dunne. “Lucky. I’m a New York guy. I don’t go for that stuff. It was very unnecessary. I can understand you might get in a scuffle, but you never stomp on a guy. That’s like hitting a guy when he’s down. You don’t do things like that. I was this close to running on the field.”
Suh’s explosion didn’t come as a surprise to people that have followed his career closely.
“Heard from some people at Nebraska that Suh was just as dirty in practice vs his own teammates. Angry dude,” Houston radio host Lance Zierlein wrote last night.
Suh has been acting this way for a long time, which is one reason why the NFL is likely to come down hard on him.
Permalink 116 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
116 Responses to “Packers on Suh: “His explanation is crap””
  1. jimmysee says: Nov 25, 2011 8:51 AM

For the Packers, Suh is the gift that keeps on giving.

All this national focus on his bonehead move — and not on the Packers and their 11-0 record!

As Coach McCarthy says, the Packers’ goal now is to go 1-0 next Sunday against the Jints.

2. whylionswhy says: Nov 25, 2011 8:52 AM

I’ve been a Lions fan my whole life and I have to agree with the Pack on this one. I hope they suspend Suh for the rest of the season and he receives a record fine. The national stage is no place for “sportsmanship” like this. I guess the upside if there is one, at least he didn’t whip out a boob. Or did he???

3. brj1212 says: Nov 25, 2011 8:52 AM

I’m a big Suh fan cause I think he has potential to be a great player. I think some of his “dirty” plays in the past have been a little overrated but some valid.

The one yesterday was ridiculous and even more ridiculous was his explanation.

I hope he gets suspended for the rest of the year, and this is coming from a Suh fan.

4. fin72 says: Nov 25, 2011 8:54 AM

This game was the clearest example that he has some serious issues. I was a fan of his prior to this game, but not anymore. If Jim Schwartz has an ounce of cajones, he yanks this guy aside and gets his ass under control once and for all by any means neccessary.

5. richm2256 says: Nov 25, 2011 8:55 AM

The shine has really come off this guy……. amazing.

6. adirtyplayernamedsue says: Nov 25, 2011 8:55 AM

Suspended her for the season. I mean kicking a man when he is down? What a coward. The packers backup players made more plays than she did anyway, so no bjg loss for the lionesses.

7. howley1 says: Nov 25, 2011 8:56 AM

Sounds so much like Haynesworth. Entirely overrated and so filled with unmanageable rage he’ll cheap shot his own teammates in practice. In three years this guy will be one of the bigger jokes in the NFL, much like Haynesworth is today.

8. claydefayette says: Nov 25, 2011 8:56 AM

Ndamukong Suh pulled the biggest punk move possible in sports.

9. dontrunfromme says: Nov 25, 2011 8:57 AM

I hope the Suh man acts like a tough guy in Oakland this year. Raider Nation Baby

10. whatsafairway says: Nov 25, 2011 8:57 AM

Dude deserves to be suspended; at least and until such time as he completes an anger management course.

Drinking only umbrella drinks probably wouldn’t hurt either.

11. souldogdave says: Nov 25, 2011 8:58 AM

It’s sad that a promising young dominant athlete is an arrogant deluded defecation. I can’t root for him anymore, just against him and his equally evil little coach.A complete lie, rationalization, excuse from that guy on national T.V.! Unbelievable.The League better suspend him, or they put a lie to everything they say about athletes being role models, and protecting players.

12. rexismybff says: Nov 25, 2011 9:00 AM

Once upon a time, a guy named Mean Joe Green used to get tossed out of games when he was young for fighting and punching and kicking and stuff.

Seemed like things worked out ok for him in the end. Even got his own Coca-Cola commercial

13. souldogdave says: Nov 25, 2011 9:01 AM

By the way, when Suh played the 49ers, he was tossed around like a rag-doll by Anthony Davis. I can’t wait to see Jared Veldheer throw him around 12/18 lol.

14. bangitfootball says: Nov 25, 2011 9:03 AM

5 Game suspension is needed for this punk. Hes spitting in Goodells face

15. razzamuff says: Nov 25, 2011 9:03 AM

The Lions are really getting a reputation for being a dirty team. I think its time the Lions considered internal discipline. My thinking is that if the Lions suspend Suh for a couple of games, the league may take a view that they are trying to address the discipline situation. Does anyone agree?

Bare in mind, the league tend to take ejections into account when handing out discipline…

16. jutts says: Nov 25, 2011 9:04 AM

He really didn’t help his cause of saying he’s “NOT” dirty…….

17. boombabymac says: Nov 25, 2011 9:04 AM

Respect Suh’s physical gifts. Worry about his anger control. A man that big who has obviously been enabled throughout his career is dangerous. What we saw on the field is very likely to happen in public. Anyone want to guess the outcome of Suh’s Hulk like anger being released when he is cruising Detroit in his Chrysler 300. . . ?

One weird note: “Belly punch” Woodson talking on TV about the need to control emotions during a game.

18. das14 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:05 AM

One thing I’ve said of folks that have undesirable characteristics and are oblivious to it or act as though it it’s somehow an advantage. They are thier own worst punishment.

19. shif716 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:06 AM

Anger management for morons

20. pleasantsurpriselefty says: Nov 25, 2011 9:07 AM

Suh’s mantra: “Who you gonna believe, me or your lyin eyes?” Hey, that line might be the start of a popular song!

21. phucoff says: Nov 25, 2011 9:07 AM

Let’s see if Roger can get this fine right?? I doubt Roger will, he’ll screw this up too.

22. snarkzilla says: Nov 25, 2011 9:07 AM

Put him on zero tolerance double secret probation. Teams already know that Suh’s thin skinned, not tightly wrapped and will blow himself up. Enough 15 yard outbursts and he’ll get benched.

23. b1rdbath says: Nov 25, 2011 9:08 AM

Can’t defend him anymore. Love his playing and aggressiveness but he screwed himself this time. He just confirmed the question everybody has been asking about him as well as proving all of his defenders (including me) wrong. Now every thing he does from here on out we be under a microscope. He just killed his own game.

and Quarless…….. hahahahaaha.
    Sounds like famous last words from “When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong”. Dudes like you crack me up

24. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Nov 25, 2011 9:09 AM

So he’s not only obviously dirty, but he’s also either dulsional or a liar. Neither is good. I think he’s both.

25. 4t9er says: Nov 25, 2011 9:11 AM

The lions are alienating all the people who wished them success and were impressed by their rapid transformation from a joke into contenders. Their behavior in victory or defeat is the epitome of unsportsmanlike like conduct, and I really feel sorry for their fans. I blame their coach because I really feel that they are a reflection of his coaching style.

26. warrenmoon says: Nov 25, 2011 9:11 AM

And that one Vikings player kicked the Packers dude in the crotch. Rivalry games are sweet but the lack of maturity from some of these “men” is rediculous

27. santolonius says: Nov 25, 2011 9:12 AM

someone on the lions needs to step up and tell suh he is hurting his team and must adjust his style of play. this is why you need veterans. a ray lewis type that players will listen to and set their egos aside for. i don’t think that man exists in detroit and thus, even after he is suspended for two games next week, we will hear suh stubbornly say again “i am not going to change my style of play.”

28. tommythek says: Nov 25, 2011 9:12 AM

Suh first grabbed the guy’s helmet so he could then do the Haynesworth cleat massage on his scalp. Fortunately, the chin strap did not malfunction.

29. jimbobobjr says: Nov 25, 2011 9:13 AM

Everyone except Suh on Suh: “His explanation is crap.”

30. warrenmoon says: Nov 25, 2011 9:15 AM

Oh yeah what was that guys explanation? He wasn’t aiming for him he was just trying to get back up or something like that. Suh saw how many people bought that explanation (none) so why not try it himself? Idiot

31. jackntorres says: Nov 25, 2011 9:15 AM

Packers fans conveniently forget Woodson should have been thrown out on opening night. Saints will get revenge on the meat packing punks!!!!! Who dat?

32. bigdaddybullwhip says: Nov 25, 2011 9:16 AM

Suh CLEARLY had a piece of tape stuck to the bottom of his shoe. He was just trying to shake it off.

33. i3addog says: Nov 25, 2011 9:18 AM

All I can say is thank god that Suh has a job in the NFL. I can only imagine what he’d do to people on the streets if he didn’t have an outlet for his violence.

His BS explanation shows his immaturity. I fully agree that he should be gone for the rest of the year. I feel bad for the Lions Fans, they have endured enough humiliation through the years, they don’t need this kind of crap on top of it.

34. calloustongue says: Nov 25, 2011 9:19 AM

claydefayette says:
    Nov 25, 2011 8:56 AM
    “Ndamukong Suh pulled the biggest punk move possible in sports.”

Quarless is 6’4″ 255+ and has been praised for how much strength he’s added since coming to GB. 15lbs of muscle since being drafted. A hell of a lot quicker and more agile than Suh. How many 300 lb fighters do you see with big guts like Suh? I wouldn’t count Quarless out so quick, go youtube his hit on Jared Allen.

35. anywho123 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:20 AM

Everyone needs to back off this guy, it’s not easy being a boy named Suh.

36. thejuddstir says: Nov 25, 2011 9:21 AM

Haynesworth got a 5 game suspension and the buffoon didn’t have any “priors”……..Suh should get at least that much and I think he should be suspended for the rest of the season. Can’t wait to see how much Suh’s trip to NY and his private butt-kissing meeting with Goodell will affect his punishment. I don’t think the NFL will want Suh as one of their marketable players much longer. His actions demand at least a 5 gm suspension and his explanation/denial should get him the rest of the season tacked on as a suspension. What Suh did yesterday would be considered assault and battery out on the street.

37. eigglesnosuperbowls says: Nov 25, 2011 9:21 AM

His coach seems like he gets more upset with a hard handshake than over a punk move by his big bad superstar ! HAHAHAAHah that just shows you these coaches are whipped !

38. larryfinfan says: Nov 25, 2011 9:22 AM

Don’t know that Suh is overrated as a player, but his explanation is crap, as the article says. We all saw the play, the replay and re-replay…. He was stupid to offer his explanation on camera. He’d have done a lot better with the league had he simply said, “I lost my cool and it cost my team and I’m sorry”. Instead he conjures up this fairy tale about just trying to get off the guy ?? By pounding the guys head into the ground ?? By stomping on him ?? Give us a break, Suh, we all could SEE what you did. Offering up some lame lie of an excuse is bush league… Might I suggest a personal publicist or someone to teach you how to talk in public…lying to your fans won’t endear them to you….

39. snarkzilla says: Nov 25, 2011 9:23 AM

Suh’s explanation wasn’t a surprise. He’s been in Suhworld every time he’s opened his mouth, which is far too often. He believes he’s creating a perception with his words that will get him off the hook. His only fault is that he got caught. Classic sociopath behavior.

40. icyhuck says: Nov 25, 2011 9:23 AM

if suh went in front of a jury he will be convicted for that dumb explanation ,he must have thought the Gm was on radio .It’s millions of ppl saw that this man is down right dirty and he kissed the commiss butt cuz he knows it.He deserving of what’s coming to him and I’m a ravens fan

41. thejuddstir says: Nov 25, 2011 9:25 AM

The ultimate problem goes beyond Suh……Jim Schwartz needs a trip to Goodell’s office too as his own actions (in trying to fight Harbaugh) are evidence enough that how he acts is how he teaches his players.

42. sws222 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:25 AM

Lions fan for 40+ years……through highs and (mostly) lows……never been ashamed of my team, even with all the losing….until now.

I have defended Suh…but no more. He IS dirty. Not only that, he cost us any chance of staying in the game, and now everyone will paint the whole team with the same brush.

Packers fans, I apologise.

Suh, I hope you’re happy.

I’m not.

43. okiny says: Nov 25, 2011 9:25 AM

I am in no way defending Suh, but this is a lot different from what Haynesworth did…Albert raked a guys face with his cleat when the defenseless player had no helmet on…you can’t compare that with what Suh did.

That being said, what Suh did was classless, immature and stupid. Plenty of people already hated this guy for his antics, and now there is no way for even his own fans to stick up for him (unless they are as delusional as he is.) He is every bit the scumbag that Albert is, but these 2 instances aren’t the same. What is going to kill him even worse is that he initiated a meeting with RG to see what was acceptable, and I’m certain this wasn’t one of the things he was told he could get away with. No matter how outlandish the fine/suspension he receives, he’s got no one to blame but himself.

While stomping is a lot more aggressive than throwing a punch at a guy, I can’t imagine he will get punished as much as we are all hoping he will. He needs a veteran (which he obviously doesn’t have on his squad) to sit him down and mentor him. Otherwise, he is going to be a tale of precaution rather than a future hall of fame candidate.

44. 4sacroc says: Nov 25, 2011 9:28 AM

Suh had one tackle all day. One.

And his postgame remark that he was all over Rodgers all day? Delusional.

Get him gone.

45. kate773 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:30 AM

I hadn’t seen the play until today, just saw the replay. Wow. If they had been wearing their outside field cleats he would have ripped his arm open, just like Haynesworth ripped open that guys’ face.

Suh’s explanation is total BS. He looks down at Dietrich-Smith right before he stomps on his arm. Don’t tell me that wasn’t intentional when you look at the guy right before you do it, its not like you didn’t see him there. And you can easily NOT use someone else’s helmet to get up, everyone else manages to get off other players without doing it.

I can’t even watch Suh’s presser after the game. The entitlement and lack of accountability this guy is showing tells me he has serious mental problems. He’s clearly been able to talk his way out of a lot of things in his life because of his talent and thinks he can do it again. Not this time.

46. readysethike says: Nov 25, 2011 9:31 AM

Suspending him for the rest of the year is a bit much

47. zaggs says: Nov 25, 2011 9:32 AM

Actually the Packers explanation is crap. Dietrich Smith should be fined and should have been ejected as well. Simply watch the video. He never lets go of Suh, bends Suh backward in an attempt to slam his head into the ground, and has his arm around up under Shu’s shoulder the whole time. Suh never had any part of the facemask. that doesn’t excuse the stomping. But if Dietrich Smith isn’t fined, NFL would be opening itself to a discrimination lawsuit.

48. thridandlong says: Nov 25, 2011 9:33 AM

There is no place in football or any sport, for behavior like Suh displayed yesterday, and in previous games. I am sure most if not all players, fans and team owners would agree. We here in Chicago have a pitcher named Carlos Zambrano who’s behavior is similar and worse. He had become such a cancer to his team and fans, he was asked by the team owner to sit out the remainder of the season. He then walked out on his team, quit during a game in Atlanta and guess what, NO ONE CARES.

It won’t be too long before the city, team owners, fans and league will have had their share of Suh antics. It is not why we watch the game, to spend a day of enjoyment while a player decides to conduct himself like a child who is not getting his way. If you notice, Suh behavior becomes more reprehensible when his team is losing.

Yes, probably a hefty fine will follow, along with a 3 game suspension.
    No to mention, Lion fans, Suh’s behavior has cost you game loses and a playoff spot this year. As a Bear’s fan, I almost feel sorry for you, knowing you Are being unfairly punished by Suh and his reckless conduct on the field.

Unfortunately, Detroit will be forced to endure Suh for the remainder of his contract. You are fooling yourselves if you think Suh is going to change. All you have to do to look for an example of this, refer to Carlos Zambrano.

49. notalib says: Nov 25, 2011 9:36 AM

Tough lesson yesterday for the Lions and their fans that they are still a long way from real contenders, but hey at least you had a fun season in the first half. As for Suh and average player like him deserves little attention.

50. neurosports says: Nov 25, 2011 9:44 AM

I have been a Suh fan the past two years. I have always thought he was just a very intense player and was getting pigeon-holed as being a “dirty player.” Yesterday, he single-handedly ruined any chance the Lions had to win.

It was disappointing to see such an absurd act in such an important game. It is too bad he made the Lions look like the Lions of old. Other than the score, they dominated the first half and really had a chance. This was their opportunity to change the perception of Lion football. Two stupid penalties in the red zone. Two ejections. Cried like babies. Outclassed by the best team in football. (coming from a Vikes fan)

I have so much more respect for the Packers right now. McCarthy is one hell of a coach and that team is unreal. Good luck the rest of the season. I hope this dominoes into the Lions missing the playoffs altogether.

Sad

51. winnerwinnerchickendinner14 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:45 AM

dontrunfromme says:
    Nov 25, 2011 8:57 AM

———-

I don’t think Goodell will be allowing him to make that trip to Oakland.

52. nesuperfan says: Nov 25, 2011 9:47 AM

So now we know two things about Suh: He is dirty, and he is a liar too.

53. kiefs85 says: Nov 25, 2011 9:53 AM

Zaggs—little early to be drinking.

54. balewsquare says: Nov 25, 2011 9:57 AM

I hate when the league says that an ejection is 1 game of a suspension. No it’s not. It’s an ejection. How come when someone gets a personal foul, they can also expect a fine? Isn’t the 15yd flag the punishment?

55. twiljl says: Nov 25, 2011 10:01 AM

I agree with most on here that Suh is dirty, but I also think we need to look at the coaching as well. Jim Schwartz has a history that can not be overlooked. When he was the D coordinator with Tenessee, who played for him, that’s right Hayneworth, Vanden Bosch, and Finnegin. All players who have been accused of dirty play over the years. This is a problem that starts with the coach. Watch his antics on the sideline throughout the game and you will see a person who is obviously immature and not based in reality. He is always bitching at the refs about every call on the field. I think that the NFL needs to bring him in for a discussion about the way he coaches his players.

56. snarkzilla says: Nov 25, 2011 10:12 AM

Peter King, a couple weeks ago: “The league really likes Suh. Wants him to be a face-of-the-league type guy. Wants to do everything to help that happen.” Maybe that’s why he’s had only 9 personal fouls called on him. There could have been dozens.

“If I want to hurt him, I’m going to hit his quarterback, as I did throughout that game.” Suh was obviously referring to a Madden game he played. It certainly couldn’t have been about the game I saw yesterday.

57. acmepacker says: Nov 25, 2011 10:13 AM

sws222 says:
    Nov 25, 2011 9:25 AM

Packers fans, I apologise.

Suh, I hope you’re happy.

I’m not
    ************
    A classy post from a Lion’s fan!

58. trollhammer20 says: Nov 25, 2011 10:13 AM

Comparing that pathetic, useless attempt at an explanation to crap is totally an completely unfair to crap.

59. pdkknelson says: Nov 25, 2011 10:14 AM

I’m a Lions season tickets holder and I am embarrassed by Suh’s behavior. He’s a guy that likes to play on the edge and that’s fine but he went way over the line this time. Jim Schwartz needs to reign this behavior in. He is the leader of this team and sets the tone. He cannot make excuses for Suh or show that this is in any way acceptable. If he doesn’t take a strong stand we have a huge problem. Note that when Fat Albert Hayneworth stepped on that guys head six years ago, his defensive coordinator was none other than…Jim Schwartz.

60. flavordave says: Nov 25, 2011 10:14 AM

It was wrong but it wasnt THIS big of a deal. He should get a fine and move on.

61. mojosmagic says: Nov 25, 2011 10:14 AM

The guy is a serious repeat offender. To make matters worse he never owns up to any of his bad behavior and is in constant denial of his actions. When you start effecting other players careers by being dirty then it’s time to go. Suh should be out the rest of the year. End of story.

62. polegojim says: Nov 25, 2011 10:16 AM

The first thing many of you missed was D-Smith holding Suh in a head lock. That’s what set him off and why he pushed his helmet into the ground.

Way to fail for the Team Suh, nice job of sabotage.
    That was ridiculous

However – MOST if not ALL linemen get into crap like that – holding, cheap, shots, holding the RB down, stepping on them…. It’s part of their trench warfare.

Get over that part please.

63. chocolatebaconbutter says: Nov 25, 2011 10:17 AM

I love Suh, but what he did yesterday was just gross. This guy should be suspended and fined so it hurts. Then he went and hurt himself even more witih his stupid “explanation”. Just be a man and admit you messed up.

64. rexismybff says: Nov 25, 2011 10:25 AM

Dick Butkus would laugh at that play and ask why Suh stopped at one stomp?

There are lots of examples of Hall of Fame defenders who did a lot worse as young men. To say that Suh “crossed a line” in this league is silly – that line has never existed in the NFL. Ask Jack Tatum, who paralyzed Darryl Stingley for life with a brutal neck tackle – and played for many years after that.

I’m not saying its right, I’m just saying that what Suh did is really not a problem in this league. Haynesworth stomped a guy’s face, and was rewarded with a $100 million dollar contract.

65. radtrigger says: Nov 25, 2011 10:26 AM

Admirable player to filthy piece of poo in 1 day. It will take SUH years to recover his image…if ever.

I doubt he will be able to control himself from punching some guy in the future.

66. harbourimages says: Nov 25, 2011 10:31 AM

I can’t believe I’ve been a fan of this punk. He brought disgrace to himself, his teammates, and his hothead coach. Perhaps he plays like this because his coach allows it. Perhaps he plays dirty like this because he’s a “boy named Sue… er, ah… Suh.” Whatever, he is a dirty punk who should be suspended for a longgggg time, and I’m a Lions fan. He’s an embarrassment to the team, to the NFL, and to the city of Detroit! Suspend him for the rest of the season… at least! He belongs in prison, where he’ll very likely end up after his crappy career is over.

67. johngaltwho says: Nov 25, 2011 10:33 AM

Almost as amusing as his inane explanation was his reasoning after the fact. The “why would I want to hurt my team thing” (cause you’re an irrational undisciplined neanderthal without brains or integrity) and the “if I wanted to hurt someone, I’d hit the quarterback like I was doing all game” (No hurries, No sacks). He neither had the class nor the opportunity to get close enough to Rodgers to even shake his hand.

68. angelosdraftboard says: Nov 25, 2011 10:38 AM

The good news is now the NFC North has two no class, loser, turd filled organizations (Lions and Vikings). As a Bear fan we are raised to hate Packer fans but respect the organization. The Bears and Packers try to keep pieces of crap off the roster and generally play without chop blocks, cheap shots and other low life tactics. Suh needs to get suspended and they should also suspend that low life, dwarf coach while theyre at.
    Bears vs Packer NFC Championship repeat !!!

69. johngaltwho says: Nov 25, 2011 10:38 AM

“D-Smith baited him, and Suh stupidly took the bate. The Lions had the Packers by the cheese right up to that point.”

Yup, the Lions had the Packers right where they wanted em. Packers about to go up 10-0 and the Lions quarterback floating passes around the field. I agree, McCarthy Rodgers and Capers were all just about ready to give up.

70. cleonslamminsalmon says: Nov 25, 2011 10:41 AM

jackntorres says:
    Nov 25, 2011 9:15 AM

———
    Who dat is the stupidest thing ever. One good season, ever. And by the way, since you asked…WE dat. Go Pack!

71. vikescry1 says: Nov 25, 2011 10:42 AM

@zagg its funny u want to blame a backup offensive lineman? Most people who comment on here actually know a thing or to about football. We all saw the same thing, u need to put down the glass of suh koolaid and watch it again. Your delusional son.

72. easyeddie says: Nov 25, 2011 10:48 AM

howley1 says: Nov 25, 2011 8:56 AM

———————————————-

Overrated? Must be why he’s consistently doubleteamed by the opposition?

All the “ban him for life” crap being stated is ridiculous and incredibly hyperbolic.
    Two game suspension likely and deserved for sure, but the overstatements in many of these comments are really amusing.

73. threedeep1998 says: Nov 25, 2011 10:51 AM

I wonder what big bad Andrew Quarless would have done to suh! Hahaha. NFC north = Woodson’s punch, Robison’s nut kick, and Suh’s stomp….c’mon Bears!

74. ringmaster1 says: Nov 25, 2011 10:54 AM

This turd has some deep rooted anger issues! He needs a shrink! Maybe he can go see one with the time off he’s gonna have.

75. gb4mn0 says: Nov 25, 2011 10:57 AM

Hey angelosdraftboard, you get a XL thumbs up from me. As much as I dislike Da Bears Ive always rooted for Da Bears when they make the playoffs and the Pack is out. Its a respect thing for Da Bears organization.

The kitties and the queens are akin to corrupt third world countries demanding respect in spite of their undeserving records.

76. mightyleemoon says: Nov 25, 2011 10:59 AM

Amazing how quickly the Lions went from being an underdog team people wanted to see win to being an arrogant, dirty team that people like to see lose.

77. wethog66 says: Nov 25, 2011 11:01 AM

If the League ever starts HGH testing it will be interesting to see how that impacts Suh’s ability and conduct on the field.

78. haywoodjablomee says: Nov 25, 2011 11:01 AM

I agree that Suh overreacted and did a stupid act, but the Packers are not completely innocent. There were extracuricular activities going on with the Packers too. Every team knows that Suh is a gas can waiting to go off, and you’re going to see more of the same from other teams that play the Lions.

79. easyeddie says: Nov 25, 2011 11:02 AM

angelosdraftboard says: Nov 25, 2011 10:38 AM
    Bears vs Packer NFC Championship repeat

—————————————-

Suspend Schwartz? For what? By the way, “Bears vs Packers NFC Championship repeat”? : Now that’s funny — good luck with that!

80. whitecastleisafoodgroup says: Nov 25, 2011 11:05 AM

Suh won’t get a multi-game suspension. I would suggest though that he gets suspended for the Minnesota game only. That’s the only game remaining the Lions have a shot at winning.

I would also suggest the NFL flexes the Lions/Packers game on New Years to SNF. Let’s watch the Packers eat this kid up.

I’ve lost all respect for the kid. Being tough and on the edge dirty is fine by me. After yesterday’s game he’s nothing but a punk @sshole.

81. coach1956 says: Nov 25, 2011 11:13 AM

First off you all do not speak for America. you just have a opinion. Its not always a good one. He reacted in a violent manner in a violent situation. Until you can be the judge, jury and executioner give it a rest. Comment on what happen, but give the the extra comments about what the majority of what people think to the majority. Which is very hard for you to do it seems. And no this little blog is not the majority.

82. stellarperformance says: Nov 25, 2011 11:18 AM

Everyone saw firsthand the difference between a team that is battle-tested and a team that only thinks they are.

83. bleed4philly says: Nov 25, 2011 11:21 AM

This guy’s a massive tool.

84. Derty Ernie says: Nov 25, 2011 11:30 AM

Get serious people. The NFL is shaking in their boots now wondering what to do with a player of color. The last thing they want is to have the Rev Jackson and Al Sharton screeming racial comments on the man keeping a black man down.

Glad to see the NFL is ejecting players. Way beyond time for that. The fines are a joke and mean nothing to multi millionaires.

I have an idea for the NFL. If the ball is inside the 20 and the defense commits a major penalty the ball is automatically placed on the 1 and not half the distance.

A lot of defensive players are doing there dirty work inside the 20 figuring its at best a 10 yard penalty but you may injure someone and put them out of the game for that 10 yards, a good deal.

85. ryatt34 says: Nov 25, 2011 11:34 AM

A movie quote that seems pretty appropriate…….Mr. Suh, what you’ve just said … is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

As for the Lions, lets go to another famous quote…..What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

86. seatownballers says: Nov 25, 2011 11:35 AM

Suh: I don’t need anger management!!
    Arrr!!

87. emoney826 says: Nov 25, 2011 11:38 AM

I personally think this all could be roid rage.

88. PCa Survivor says: Nov 25, 2011 11:41 AM

rexismybff says: Nov 25, 2011 10:25 AM

“Jack Lambert picked Cliff Branch up in a Super Bowl and tossed him upside down on his head on the turf.”

____________________________

Really? Branch played for the Raiders his entire career, who, like the Steelers, play in the AFC. I may be wrong but I think the Super Bowl pits the AFC winner vs. the NFC winner. Cliff Branch and Jack Lambert never met in a Super Bowl. You really don’t need to make up your own “facts” to say what “Suh did is really not a problem in this league.”

89. dickshotdogs says: Nov 25, 2011 11:42 AM

Just another million dollar athlete with a ten cent head.

90. houndog50 says: Nov 25, 2011 11:42 AM

haywoodjablomee says: Nov 25, 2011 11:01 AM

I agree that Suh overreacted and did a stupid act, Every team knows that Suh is a gas can waiting to go off, and you’re going to see more of the same from other teams that play the Lions.
    —————————————————-
    And you don’t see a problem with that? If not, you’re just as stupid as Schwartz, the guy that teaches that behavior. Schwartz coached Haynesworth and now he coaches Suh, what else is it, “Roid Rage”?
    And as for seeing more of this; Not for a few weeks we won’t!

91. broncojohn says: Nov 25, 2011 11:44 AM

His football success is still a little too early to judge. His stupidity is obvious…. Hopefully, he will learn from his pending suspension and begin to act like a man. It is not to late to change and improve!

92. 46defense says: Nov 25, 2011 11:50 AM

I said it to Packer fans two weeks ago after the Bears destroyed the pathetic Lions. “Watch out for the cheap shots”

They came yesterday and the Packers took them in stride like the Bears did and whooped the sorry Lions.

It’s not just Suh though… That’s the problem. Raiola tried to cut block Peppers and Melton while another blocker was engaged. Fairley tried to break Cutler’s clavicle. Vanden Bosch piled on Forte. It’s classless, win games the right way.

Oh and enjoy the cellar with Minnesota.

93. packerfanfordecades says: Nov 25, 2011 11:51 AM

Have to admit I don’t feel angry about this … I feel sad about it. It’s sad to see someone squander their reputation. My Lord, what a tradgedy.

I too have relished the Lion’s return to competitiveness and, short of winning the division (or the NFC championship) instead of Green Bay, have wished the very best for Detroit this year. This is deflating, must admit.

Until reading the comments under this article, I did not realize how effective Josh Sitton and Evan Dietrich-Smith had played against Suh. It was a huge challenge and they did their jobs well. I hope they both get a standing ovation from the rest of the Packer’s team. Bravo!

94. scytherius says: Nov 25, 2011 11:58 AM

If the NFL cares about Suh, they will suspend him. You don’t want players retaliating if the League sends the message this is no big deal. Suh isn’t the only huge, muscled, crazy man on an NFL football field.

95. thridandlong says: Nov 25, 2011 11:58 AM

emoney826 says:

Nov 25, 2011 11:38 AM
    I personally think this all could be roid rage.

===============================

Yeah, hemorrhoid !

96. scytherius says: Nov 25, 2011 12:02 PM

And can you IMAGINE how fired up the Packers are going to be, at home, in the last game of the Season against the Lions? GOOD move Suh. Why didn’t you just say something about Rodgers’ mother.

And if the Pacers are 15-0 going into that game … god help the Lions.

97. lilrob10201 says: Nov 25, 2011 12:02 PM

The Boogy man gets scared from Chuck Norris being under his bed and Chuck Norris gets scared from Suh being under his bed.

98. leatherface2012 says: Nov 25, 2011 12:09 PM

if you look close, the packer had suh by the facemask and wouldnt let go. kinda see how he got that pissed

99. ninerdynasty says: Nov 25, 2011 12:14 PM

like coach like player. Lions, the class of the NFL.

100. jpb12 says: Nov 25, 2011 12:18 PM

Steroids

101. packmanfan says: Nov 25, 2011 12:21 PM

As a Packers fan, the Lions used to be my least hated team in our NFC North. That’s used to be.
    And I used to feel bad for the Lions having recent crappy season and going 0-16. Again, that’s used to.
    Now I am happy, very happy to see that they will stay where they always do. As losers where they belong.
    Only 4 championships since 1929 and not one of those is a Super Bowl.
    Yeah, the Lions suck.

102. dlmcc1010 says: Nov 25, 2011 12:37 PM

Someone should test this animal for rabies

103. marcinhouston says: Nov 25, 2011 12:37 PM

Suh had ill intent at first but he pulled up short and didn’t connect flush. Can’t say the same for Charles Woodson who connected flush with a punch to the got on Saints TE David Thomas in Week 1 and got no penalty or suspension and a slap on the wrist 10k fine. If Suh is penalized more than Woodson then the only conclusion is Goodell <3's Packers.

104. tommytd says: Nov 25, 2011 12:56 PM

This is the behavior he exhibits AFTER the ass kissing session with that useless commish??? Scary dude. Time to sit his ass on the bench and fine ‘em big time.

105. 187onsandusky says: Nov 25, 2011 1:04 PM

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Signed-

Jordan Jefferson

106. babyjesus69 says: Nov 25, 2011 1:12 PM

This guy seems like he always got by on his actions cause he could ball whether it was high school,college or even to some extent in the NFL. Now his talent can’t mask his character on the grandest of stages and what makes it even worse Suh refuses to see this. Direct reflection of his head coach

107. tsutton84 says: Nov 25, 2011 1:31 PM

@ Rexismybff – It was Cliff Harris that Lambert through down – and he grabbed him by the shoulder pads, while he was standing next to him, and threw him down.

A lot different than Suh’s reaction.

Suspend Suh for the rest of the season. At least.

108. Steelerbear78 says: Nov 25, 2011 1:37 PM

As a Bears fan I never hated the Lions or the Lions fans. I loved watching the Bears Lions matchups. Win or lose, the Lions always played tough againt the Bears. When the Lions played other teams I would root for them. I’d love to see Detroit in the division hunt and in the playoffs. But now I don’t even want to watch them play (Not that I’d miss any game) because the way they are playing someone is going to end up getting seriously hurt.

I even jumped on the Lions are dirty bandwagon. Why? Well, I think we all know that one. It’s sad to see a head coach who encourages this style of play. It’s sad to see a talent like Suh self destructing his career and reputation. It’s sad to see a lot of Lions fans try and defend and excuse and even condone this type of team. It’s sad that for the coming years with these players representing the silver and Honalulu blue actually tarnish it.

All that said I’ll not be rooting for the Lions so long as Schwarz is the head coach. Nor until Suh grows up. Oh, and Stafford too.

Sad. Really really really sad to see them end things like they are. It all goes back to a coach who couldn’t even walk away from a firm handshake and pat on the back.

109. Andre's Johnson says: Nov 25, 2011 1:43 PM

Suh needs to be suspended for the rest of this season.

Next offense: suspended for 16 games.

Third offense: removed from the league for good.

This cat refuses to play by the rules. He’s going to kill someone. Suh makes James Harrison seem marshmallowy soft.

110. areuinsane says: Nov 25, 2011 1:57 PM

I’m a diehard Packers fan but this isn’t just about Suh any more than my team was defined by the acts of Charles Martin in the 80’s.

Suspend Suh he deserves it, but I was embarrassed to be a Packers fan when Forrest Gregg was our head coach not because we lost, but because he condoned boys like Suh acting up the way he did yesterday.

We don’t know if the coach coached him to make that ridiculous excuse, but unless the coach knew for a fact that Suh was going to make a sincere apology he never should have been on the podium.

111. cliffordc05 says: Nov 25, 2011 1:59 PM

I believe Suh deserves a two or three game suspension at this point. He should also be warned that another similar incident will result in an eight game suspension. The Lions should also receive a warning that continued similar play by the team will result in the loss of a draft pick.

This kind of crap needs to be stopped immediately.

112. Steelerbear78 says: Nov 25, 2011 2:18 PM

@areuinsane,
    I’m with you on the Charles martin/Suh thing. Lets just hope something is done before Suh slams someone to the ground like Martin did Mcmahon. I’m a diehard Bears fan and I remember what it was like seeing the hopes of a Super Bowl repeat deflate after that. I’d hate to see the same thing happen to Rodgers or any other QB for that matter. But if the Packers lose let it be a good game. Not because some out of control athlete with obvious issues maliciously ends someones season.

People on here that bother to defend Suh’s actions are as delusional as Suh. He plays the game with Malicious intent. Some of the other Lions players are as well. But if Suh isn’t suspended for a while I’m afraid he’ll never learn the lesson that will keep him from being another Charles Martin.

Martin was suspended for two games or so. The harshest punishment ever given by Pete Roselle.

113. shaggytoodle says: Nov 25, 2011 2:42 PM

Now would be a great time for the NFL to follow up with one of those fines on the Lions that we have heard so much about in the past as far repeat offenders will get the team fined.

Its apparent the organization needs to be sent a message. They have lost 4 games and had fights in 3 of them some started by players some started by coaches. It needs to stop or the league is going to be the one walking around with the black eye.

As far as Suh goes 2 games, one for the actions, one for the his not so sincere apology.

114. sommerday says: Nov 25, 2011 3:09 PM

““With that said, Andrew Quarless, I’m a New York guy too. I’m 185 pounds and you might as well be when it comes to “fighting” Suh if that’s what you were inferring to.”

Quarless is 6’4″ 255+ and has been praised for how much strength he’s added since coming to GB. 15lbs of muscle since being drafted”
    _____________________________
    Quarless is a legend in his own mind and/or his steroids/HGH talking.
    I’ve seen Suh toss 330+ Oline like ragdolls.
    I hope Suh gets in touch with the source of his anger/pain during his much-anticipated layover.

115. beliefpatrol says: Nov 25, 2011 3:30 PM

I have been a Lions fan all my life. This year was great the first few weeks. Then I noticed Suh being a little over the edge a few times and I started to get worried. Then Schwartz went nuts on Harbaugh and I got more worried. Now this on Thanksgiving!? I thought it was terrible what Suh did on the field…but his lying explanation after the incident just makes him look like a flat out idiot!

I agree with the blogger who says that the Lions/Schwartz should suspend Suh before the league takes any action. Schwartz needs to control this guy because his action on the field prior to this incident were borderline ridiculous. After Thanks giving, his actions and responses are firmly labeled as insane. As a matter of fact, I feel that if Suh does not man up to what he did and offer all involved…The NFL, the lineman he punked, and the team-mates he let down a full unreserved apology, the Lions should trade him while he still has some worth.

That said, I still mostly have faith in Schwartz, the Lions, and maybe Suh if he apologizes now…

116. rexismybff says: Nov 25, 2011 5:23 PM

PCa Survivor says: Nov 25, 2011 11:41 AM

rexismybff says: Nov 25, 2011 10:25 AM

____________________________

========================

Cliff Branch, Cliff Harris – my bad. SORRY! The point is, the man picked up another man in the middle of a Super Bowl and dumped him ON HIS HEAD. AFTER the play was over. And didn’t get kicked out of the game, or suspended, or anything.

Punching and biting and choking and kicking is just part of the game. Always has been.