David Boston faces battery charge after alleged assault of woman

D. Bostonmugshot

Former Cardinals receiver David Boston is just about the least surprising former player to show up back in the news after an arrest.

ABC 25 in West Palm Beach cites a police report that Boston was charged with aggravated battery on Wednesday. Boston allegedly punched a woman twice in the head, leaving a gash that required 10 stitches.

One woman who lived with Boston (but was not the one beaten) said she witnessed Boston drink a bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine, and take some pills on Wednesday. Boston was supposedly set to move out into a nearby hotel.

Permalink 40 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Legal, Rumor Mill
40 Responses to “David Boston faces battery charge after alleged assault of woman”
  1. theduuuuuuuuuude says: Dec 1, 2011 12:27 PM

So tired of hearing these stories about D-bags who think playing football and having money makes them exempt from the laws of this country and of human decency. Don’t know the facts of this story, but it goes without saying that there is never an acceptable reason to hit a woman (unless she’s wielding a weapon and it’s self defense maybe). Real men keep their heads and don’t raise their fists in violence.

2. messageboard2 says: Dec 1, 2011 12:27 PM

Roid Rage. Also David Boston he’s been out of the league forever, who cares.

3. hatesycophants says: Dec 1, 2011 12:33 PM

This guy isn’t even in the league anymore and his criminal behavior receives the same amount of coverage as Walden? Is the hypocrisy exhibited by those who run this site supposed to be so obvious?

Go Lions! Go Badgers!

4. Dirty D Fo says: Dec 1, 2011 12:34 PM

Was it… Mr. Boston vodka?

5. lanjoith says: Dec 1, 2011 12:41 PM

Glad they left out that he was a former Charger. Dude has all the talent in the world but was lazy.

6. dynast77 says: Dec 1, 2011 12:44 PM

“So tired of hearing these stories about D-bags who think playing football and having money makes them exempt from the laws of this country and of human decency. ”

David Boston hasn’t played football in years and probably has no money left from his playing days. I’m sure that went through his mind… I used to play football and be rich so I won’t get in trouble if I get drunk beat up some girl. Don’t try to link the two.

7. 1buckeye76 says: Dec 1, 2011 12:49 PM

Roid rage

8. phreakin says: Dec 1, 2011 12:50 PM

I see he still has some of that roid rage going on.

9. rando74 says: Dec 1, 2011 12:51 PM

Listen, you go t really big dude who had high expecvtations, with an ego AND an attitude problem who by all accounts is a complete failure and he knows it and knows everyone else knows it. . Add on top of that an obvious anger/substance problem and it spells disaster. I believe this kids dad used to be or is a ref right? Time to call a time-out

10. mrgroovesd says: Dec 1, 2011 12:54 PM

Wow, now we know what became of him. Not really news or a shocker.

11. sf69ers says: Dec 1, 2011 12:56 PM

Well at least when TO ods on pills and alcohol he only tries to hurt himself. Get help Mr. Boston.

12. shotofginn says: Dec 1, 2011 12:56 PM

@theduuuuuuuude

Not so sure he has money anymore, he signed a $47 million dollar contract with the Chargers back in the day and the article states he was living with the girl waiting to move into a hotel.

13. waxthat says: Dec 1, 2011 12:59 PM

Went to the same high school as him, even have a signed Cardinals jersey(my mom worked with his mom)…we all thought he was destined for greatness. Those matchups with Woodson in college were exciting to watch. Such a dissapointment that he chose this path and has turned into what he has become. (a lady beater).

He comes from such a good family. His Mom is a wonderful person. So embarrased by him. Such a disgrace. Get your act together, David.

14. 303bengalguy says: Dec 1, 2011 1:00 PM

I remember seeing this dude at a club in Columbus shortly after he got drafted. Dudes shoulders were wider than a Ford Focus… apparently he’s a fan of the juice and the sauce.

I hope Boston can realize that from afar, he looks like a total alcoholic degenerate and he probably needs to get help for the sauce problem… Why he hasn’t already is baffling.

15. realitypolice says: Dec 1, 2011 1:00 PM

David Boston!

Boy there’s a name I didn’t think I’d ever hear again……..unless he got arrested.

16. NoRespect says: Dec 1, 2011 1:01 PM

I don’t understand why there any thumbs downs for theduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude’s comment. If you disgree why don’t you post the reason, or are you afraid someone will beat you like Boston did to that women. Don’t worry, I’m sure cyber comments won’t require stitches.

17. realitypolice says: Dec 1, 2011 1:01 PM

@theduuuuuude:

I completely agree with your statement except that I am pretty sure David Boston would be hitting women even if he never played in the NFL.

Batterers are batterers, rich or poor.

18. dikshuttle says: Dec 1, 2011 1:03 PM

who votes NO to the duuuuuude?! That’s just crazy.

19. asublimeday says: Dec 1, 2011 1:05 PM

What a winner.

20. vanmorrissey says: Dec 1, 2011 1:05 PM

Thought it was that Boston came from a very nice, balanced family even though he seemed to have ingested an inordinate amount of anabolic steroids during his career. Supposedly.

21. fearthewopr says: Dec 1, 2011 1:10 PM

Where is the public outcry to have him suspended for the rest of the season?

…this guy will have less haters than a guy to stomped on an opponent (an opponent who needed to check the tape to see where he was stomped).

Hard to believe the hypocrisy we see in this world today.

22. countsnail says: Dec 1, 2011 1:13 PM

David Boston…haven’t heard his name for years.

23. channingtaintum says: Dec 1, 2011 1:16 PM

Jake Plummer should help him out, he owes to him for making him look like a quality QB down in Arizona.

24. realitypolice says: Dec 1, 2011 1:19 PM

fearthewopr says:
    Dec 1, 2011 1:10 PM
    Where is the public outcry to have him suspended for the rest of the season?
    =====================

Let me be the first to say publicly that Boston should be suspended for the rest of the season even though he hasn’t played in the NFL in FOUR YEARS.

25. hineswardcriesafterfumbling says: Dec 1, 2011 1:19 PM

Fearthewopr
    David Boston hasn’t played in the NFL for years, so no one is going to cry that he should be suspended for the rest of the season. As for Nstompukong Suh, I’m not sure what he has to do with this at all.

Hard to believe the (lack of) education we see in this world today.

26. stuartscottsgooglyeye says: Dec 1, 2011 1:20 PM

It’s clearly the Ohio States fault.

27. hague507 says: Dec 1, 2011 1:32 PM

What does David Boston tell a woman with 10 stitches? Nothing, he already told her twice.

Just kidding of course : )

28. cornersportsnet says: Dec 1, 2011 1:37 PM

From the water cooler crowd at my welfare job,hes a loser always has been,

29. seanowns says: Dec 1, 2011 1:45 PM

Laziness is not why this guy failed. If anything, one could probably argue the exact opposite side. He got himself in TOO good of shape. It is probably more accurate to say mental problems led to his failure.

It was similar to Jevon Kearse. They simply had too much weight on their frames given the level of fat they had, which was insanely low.

Boston was a freak for a year then continually tore his knees even as his team trainers told him to CUT weight. He actually tried to use his own trainer instead of the team ones if I remember correctly.

Brady Quinn heard the same stuff when he came into the league. He was too chiseled/big. They just assume you are injury prone with those levels of stress on your joints.

30. theduuuuuuuuuude says: Dec 1, 2011 1:46 PM

Maybe it’s a little unfair to assume that Boston has a sense of entitlement because he used to play in the NFL (and I’ll concede that he probably doesn’t have much money left over), that’s just my opinion, take it for what it’s worth. I was just making a more general point that we hear so many stories about current and former athletes and physical abuse and committing crimes.

I’ll say it again for those who decided to thumbs down me before: There is NEVER any excuse to raise your hand in anger toward a woman.

31. pitofzombies94 says: Dec 1, 2011 2:10 PM

theduuuuuuuuuude abides!!!!

32. bsizemore68 says: Dec 1, 2011 2:10 PM

He stay with Miami for a brief stay, of course he had trouble with the law, I keep saying there is no cure for stupid, I see Boston spending some serious time in prison, perhaps there is no help for these guys. Bill

33. kyleortonsarm says: Dec 1, 2011 2:20 PM

This guy would be perfect on the Steelers

34. ducesblackshirt says: Dec 1, 2011 2:23 PM

“said she witnessed Boston drink a bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine, and take some pills on Wednesday.”

Sounds like the kind of guy I’d like to party with. What’s the over/under on months until PFT is running a story on him being bankrupt?

35. vincentbojackson says: Dec 1, 2011 2:59 PM

Hey Boston, Barry Bonds called, he wants his huge head back!

36. n0hopeleft says: Dec 1, 2011 3:26 PM

Sauce

37. trbowman says: Dec 1, 2011 3:26 PM

I was going to make a roid rage comment but I see everyone beat me to the punch

38. jimmysee says: Dec 1, 2011 3:38 PM

A hot prospect who turned into a never-was.

39. bangitfootball says: Dec 1, 2011 3:39 PM

This just in: Goodell has suspended Boston 4 games just in case

40. bedmanokc says: Dec 1, 2011 5:52 PM

Starting at Wide Receiver for YOUR Cincinatti Bungles…….