DeSean Jackson continues to raise eyebrows

AP

DeSean Jackson’s contract year continues to get worse.

One week after dropping a few passes and shying away from some hits over the middle, Jackson’s performance in the first half of Thursday’s game won’t quiet down the talk radio callers in Philadelphia.

Jackson was targeted on an interception early, but that wasn’t his worst play. On one deep route, Jackson didn’t even bother to turn around to help Vince Young out. Later, cameras showed Young trying to talk to Jackson on the bench while Jackson stared off in the distance.

NFL Network’s Alex Flanagan mentioned how Jackson has sat by himself all night not talking with anyone.

Jackson needs to remind the Eagles and other potential suitors out there that he can still make plays, because his actions are costing him money.

The Eagles, looking to find a new low this season, trail 17-7 at halftime. They lost to Nnamdi Asomugha to a neck injury in the second quarter.  He’s questionable to return.

107 responses to “DeSean Jackson continues to raise eyebrows

1. This is a sign that the coaching staff has completely lost this team.

When your star WR won’t make eye contact with the starting QB on the bench during a game, you know the coaches have given up.

2. I remember when I was a little kid that didn’t get my way. I would sit there and pout. I got the same results Desean most likely will too. Nothing.

3. All these dummies want all this money but don’t wanna do anything to earn it…its the welfare mentality that so many have these days…everybody owes you something and they want it NOW…

4. I’m glad to see you are spewing the same nonsense as NFL network. It was very obvious that Young was having a conversation with Riley Cooper (who was seated behind the player in the black pullover). If you rewind it back to the first time they claim Jackson was ignoring him, at the end, you see the guy move and Cooper talking to Young.

Jackson has screwed up enough on his own, he doesn’t need our sensational journalism in this country to make him look worse than he has been.

5. I would not want this guy on my team.
    I have rarely seen a more selfish and immature player.
    What a waste of talent !
    Keep this up and no one will want you!
    Then you`ll have plenty of free time to stare into space.

6. Does this punk really think he is going to get some kind of big contract? He is going to find out the the NFL doesn’t need him. What a tool!

7. This dude’s a straight punk. It’s a shame someone will sign him as a FA-all 31 other teams should teach him a lesson about the game and not give him the time of day.

8. Love how everyone wants to hate on djax. He is obviously extremely talented, only an idiot would expect a tiny guy like him to go over the middle. Their season is over, I would do exactly what he is doing if I were him. If the eagles don’t want to pay him, then he has no reason to risk injury. Yeah, he’s a punk. So what? I’d be willing to bet 75% of nfl players are arrogant pricks.

9. Pathetic doesn’t even begin to describe DeSean Jackson. But I really don’t know who to blame in this situation, Eagles F.O. or MeSean himself. This season just needs to end already.

10. who would have thought that TARVARIS jackson would have a better game than DESEAN jackson??

If the iggles were smart, they would give him his walking papers after the game. DeSean, McFlabb, and TO could start their own dream team! Could bring in Garcia to be the back up to McFlabb… Since TO has something to say about both of those QB’s.. 😉

11. It’s a treat to listen to nessler and call a game – mayock total focus on game and tons of insight – best in the biz

12. From the looks of that picture, i can see why he would raise eyebrows. or other things.
    ====================================

Best comment EVER

13. electricvibe says: Vince Young(VY) was talking to Riley Cooper not Desean Jackson. Don’t fall for what the media is saying. They just want drama.
    ———
    THIS was I was thinking too. I knew someone (guessing… Cooper) was sitting by Desean. Just couldn’t figure out who cause another player was in the way.

14. His actions tonight, and all year, are immature and lame. Not turning around, when he has inside position, or at anytime running a pattern is terrible. Then not even acknowledging his QB is disrespectful. He knows it is a pass play and Young was looking to pass to him. He obviously is tuned out and has no interest in playing for the Eagles anymore. He is turning into a cancer. As a Cowboy fan, I find it amusing, because he has burned the Cowboys many times and I have a feeling he won’t be back in Philadelphia, which is great. I do appreciate the cause that he has backed about bullying, which is cool, but he has lost a lot of money this year and more to come. Evidently he is broke also, so I’m surprised he wouldn’t step it up for his next contract. I can’t believe the Seagulls are destroying the Eaglets tonight.

15. More nonsensical comments from know nothings. You do al realize that this DREAM TEAM nonsense was a comment made by Vince Young 5 minutes after he signed saying it is like a dream team or something and not a monikor that anyone else involved with this team ever said. But why let the facts get in the way…..having said that I am sick of this team and have started rooting against them fo the first time since the good old days of Richie Kotite.

16. All of you who say Desean should be cut are idiots. Pay him like a top 5 receiver? No. Cut him? No. Every team in the league would take him and you idiots know it. Keep being overly dramatic and blame an entire sorry squad on one whipping boy, you losers.

17. @deadskin23 don’t the redskins have to beat the eagles to be better than them???

Desean is doing his best to be a distraction. He needs to look for the ball when running a route. I can’t wait to get rid of him.

18. There’s more pride in being a loser than an Eagles player or fan – haha Philly – city of losers.

19. In 50 years I have never seen a guy quit in such an obvious manner. He is such an arrogant punk he doesn’t even bother to hide it. Selfish guy protecting his worthless little girly body.

20. Not even a eagles fan n i say eagles were in the wrong jackson put in work before they paid all those free agents that came in and done nothing for the eaglesit will bite them in the ass nxt yrwen hes on another team

21. scoops1 says jackson will be playing with the lions next year!!!! ————————————————————————————————————————————————————- the detroit lions will need him to keep up with the packers. that thanksgiving day beatdown was embarassing. or was it suh? lmao

22. “Great job costing yourself millons of dollars. A team won’t give big money to an injured WR”

Sidney Rice and Javon Walker say “hello”.

“they also won’t give big money to a moron.”

Albert Haynesworth and The Washington Redskins also say “hi”.

23. No Indy the idiot is YOU! Pay that worthless punk? No fuc*kin way. Top 5 money? You got to be kidding me .

24. The last FOUR YEARS Jackson has been a top 5 receiver. Top 5 receivers make about 10 million A YEAR!

Jackson has played 4 years on a second round contract for less than 4 million. This year Jackson is only making 600k. I guess he’s finally playing at the level of his current pay rate. “shrugz”

25. Andy Reid is a peice…. hell I blame Jeff Lurie he’s the one letting his money get tricked up . No way I let my money go like that. People talk about Al Davis and Jerry Jones becau.se they worry about their money ….hmm

26. Desean Jackson is a horrible teammate. He may be the most selfish player I have seen in a long time. Instead of a new deal he should be released. He’s a cancer to his locker room. Cut your losses Philly.

27. All of you who say Desean should be cut are idiots. Pay him like a top 5 receiver? No. Cut him? No. Every team in the league would take him and you idiots know it.

—————————————————————

He’d make a great 4th WR/PR on the Cowboys.

28. I hope Jackson leaves for a bigger contract from any other team that would; any other team would have already rewarded him and not let the situation get this bad; I would hate my team also!

29. Desean is joke of a WR. He’s a “go deep” one trick pony. Throw in the fact that Uncle Rice isn’t an NFL QB and of course that selfish punk is going to crack.

I’m a Pack fan so hope he stays but if I’d be a Philly fan I too would be calling for Reid’s head. McCoy is a beast and Reid still can’t figure out how to use him correctly. Runs his team almost as bad as family life.

30. WORST TEAM IN THE NFL HANDS DOWN

record shows them better but they are a disgrace, any college QB would have played better. They have not had discipline or drive all year.

31. Loyalty to a team who will pay every else but him his worth. YEAH RIGHT! The team gets my best while they disrespect me and cheat me in wages. This is a business people; why in a free market should he embrace the short end of the stick? The NFL would suck him dry and release him in a bat of an eye.

32. He will still get paid in the off season, maybe not as much as before, but some team will give him more than he is worth. Sad, but true.

33. I am absolutely loving this. How about all that taunting NOW, BOY?

You’re losing millions, we have Super Bowls, you’ll never get one in that town.

Enjoy your regular season wins.

34. baldingerspinky says:
    Dec 1, 2011 10:27 PM
    ———————————————————–
    Nah, I think the NFL still goes by the archaic method of “Who has the better record?”. Right now, that’s the Redskins.

35. skins99 says:
    Dec 1, 2011 10:18 PM
    ———————————————————-
    Yea your Skins are known for signing tools to their team.Lets use Deangelo Hall and Fat Albert for an example.If the Eagles let go of Desean just know that the Deadskins will throw a big contract his way.

36. westmantooth says:
    Dec 1, 2011 10:57 PM
    This team is garbage and has the look of a team that will be horrible for a long time.
    ——————————————–
    Eagles have one bad season and you think they will be bad for along time ?SMH.

37. Deion…..DEION SANDERS….hammering a player saying it “never works out when it’s all about da money”…………..hahahahahahaha…….classic!

38. If I were the Eagles I would resign Jackson though.I would give him 5 million a year but if he wouldent take no more then that then forget about it.He is a talented player and is feared by every D-cordinator but he is not worth 10 million a year.

39. Who are all these posters who claim DJax is a top 5 WR???? In 4 years he has averaged 53 catches per year for an average of 958 yds and 4.4 TD’s and that’s not subtracting all the yards and TD’s that he is directly responsible for his penalties. I don’t doubt some team will be stupid enough to overpay him but he isn’t worth big money. Let’s not forget the cancer that he brings to any team for being such a selfish player. If another team wants a Haynesworth then they will sign this punk.

40. mfairo says:
    Dec 1, 2011 10:24 PM
    ——————————–
    Hmmmm, Who are the know-nothings? The Philadelphia fans who gloated after acquiring Cliff Lee thinking they had the World Series won already this year, or the Philly fans who thought the Eagles were Super Bowl bound after the Dream Team was formed? What goes around comes around. Another cliche… Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

41. The Broncos drafted Eddie Royal in front of Jackson due to “character issues.”

Jackson is the better player, Royal is the better person and a decent player.

I’ll take Royal.

42. “This is a sign that the coaching staff has completely lost this team.”

———-

Perhaps. But as far as Jackson goes, he’s always been a very dangerous and talented player, who’s afraid to go over the middle, makes some lazy plays, and is a prima donna.

Whoever gives this guy a big money deal is a FOOL. This guy is just out for himself, and I wouldn’t be the least surprised if he dogs it once he locks in that guaranteed money.

43. Look at tape,when young took the sack with 640 left, Jackson was in the slot and took the play off!! Amazing!

44. citynative says: Dec 1, 2011 11:47 PM

mfairo says:
    Dec 1, 2011 10:24 PM
    ——————————–
    —————-

SONNED.

LOVE IT.

45. There was a reason the nfl decided on a rookie pay scale and the players agreed. The average nfl player lasts 4 years. Teams make silly decisions in the draft. The owners protected their interest. The players still in the union or whatever they are who had careers wanted it too. So they could get their paydays for surviving long enough. Desean might mail it in but someone will pay him.

46. long snapper Jon Dorenbos makes $800k/year WR DeSean Jackson makes $600k/year?

Not defending Jackson’s behavior but that should never happen with a guy who has been that productive on a good team?

47. Wow, some of the Eagle’s fans are melting down worse than the team. If ever a fan-base and city deserved each other…this is it.

Rex Ryan should be the Eagles coach. A team that acts like champs when they’re losers and a coach that brags of all the Super Bowls he’s GOING to win…perfect fit.

48. Rewatching it – Vince Young was 100% talking past Desean Jackson and talking to Riley Cooper to Jacksons left. It looked bad because the camera cut off all but Coopers leg and makes for a juicy story.

49. He is the most dangerous player in the NFL next to Devon Hester. He clearly had checked out of the game and probably the season.

He needs some intervention by a veteran player to set him straight. He needs a Jerry Rice type to
    sit him down and tell him what’s really up.

Jackson has all the tools to be an all time great, what he lacks is focus and direction.

50. I don’t get the whole, “any team would love to have him” nonsense. Really? Any team would love to have an underachieving malcontent who pouts and dogs it when he doesn’t get the ball or when the team isn’t playing well, or when he is asked to run a physical or potentially difficult route? You really think any team would want that?

Maybe for the league minimum. F this guy.

51. DeSean Jackson should be benched. End of discussion. As a Vikings fan, I am sending my condolences to the Eagles. You now know how we felt about our team last year. At least you have an open air stadium that can withstand most winter conditions.

52. Said it from day 1. This guy has always been a punk clown with an ego the size of Texas. Eagles fans repeatedly called me every name in the book, saying that I had no basis for my argument. “He’s a good teammate, stays out of trouble, keeps his mouth shut….”. The constant taunting, the lack of a contract, the short arming, quitting on plays…?

Yeah, great guy.

53. We should have seen this coming really. Remember that monster hit he took over the middle last year from Dunta Robinson? I specifically remember thinking he wouldn’t be the same after that hit and clearly he isn’t. Desean is a little guy playing in a big man’s league and he’s clearly nervous about getting his skull hammered again going over the middle.

54. You have got to be kidding me…….He could not break the Packers line up….top 5 receiver….what a joke.
    Could you see him pulling this act with a real coach…..

55. Clearly not the best way to get a new contract. Sure, someone will pay him…. They will REGRET it. Much like the Eagles probably regret paying Vick.

56. My 8 year old nephew looks like DeSean when he has a little tantrum and dosent get his way. DeSean is just a little boy mentally. Any team that gives an 8 year old a huge contract is making a huge mistake.

57. You cannot change the stripes on a leopard…but he’s more of a stray kitty-kitty. Head case….inconasistent…what a shame…he could have it all but the space betwixt his ears is empty. Shades of Dal rb from 70’s….Dwayne Thomas. Too much JUNK in da TRUNK. Good teams wont deal with it…he’ll end up with someone NOT competitive.

58. I don’t blame Djax for tuning out. I wouldn’t want anything to do Young or the rest of this mediocre team and its overrated head coach.

59. You Philly fans are all idiots. He is easily a top 10 wr making 3rd string receiver pay. Money can’t buy championships, look at your recent moves..lol…. Don’t worry San Francisco will pay them as there number one receiver next year. He is closer to Jerry Rice than Moss or Owens….you fools will see.