LeSean McCoy will be a game-time decision

Eagles running back McCoy slam dunks the football on the goal post after scoring a touchdown against the Patriots in Philadelphia Reuters

As expected, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick (ribs) isn’t playing tonight at Seattle.  As not expected, Eagles running back LeSean McCoy also could miss the game with a toe injury.

Listed as questionable, McCoy’s availability will be determined at game time.

Without McCoy, it’ll be even harder for the Eagles to avoid falling to 4-8.  He has 1,050 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns in 11 games.

In last week’s 38-20 loss to the Patriots, McCoy had only 10 carries for 31 yards.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
18 Responses to “LeSean McCoy will be a game-time decision”
  1. ingraven says: Dec 1, 2011 11:52 AM

Philly better hope he is a GO,,,cuz by the way their season is heading,,,they CANT AFFORD to lose anybody else!!! regardless if they are out of the playoffs already or not

2. souljalb says: Dec 1, 2011 11:57 AM

Nooooooooo…. #fantasyfootball

3. trollhammer20 says: Dec 1, 2011 11:57 AM

Doubtful McCoy would get too far even if he plays. Helu had a good game on Sunday, but Alan Branch is back in the lineup for Seattle, so the run defense should be back in its usually solid form.

Not much by way of storylines. Babin getting revenge on management who is no longer with the team, and Pete Carroll going for revenge against Vince Young in a game that really only means something if you look at the draft order next April….not the best possible matchup for a nationally-televised game, but it beats anything else on TV.

4. dannymac17 says: Dec 1, 2011 12:07 PM

Im hoping to see a lot of ronnie brown tonight!

5. sonvar says: Dec 1, 2011 12:08 PM

It explains why he didn’t many carries against the Pats.

I think the Eagles can do ok rushing without him but it certainly hurts their chances.

6. shootahcowboy says: Dec 1, 2011 12:18 PM

Explain to me why it would be harder for the Eagles to fall to 4-8? They don’t use McCoy enough as it is. I’m a Cowboys fan who hates the Eagles and is glad that they are fading fast, but when you have a great RB like McCoy and you don’t use him, it is your own fault that you cannot be successful.

7. dawkattack says: Dec 1, 2011 12:18 PM

@troll That’s what the said when he was going against the cowboys #1 ranked run D. How did that work out

8. wicky888 says: Dec 1, 2011 12:33 PM

Ahaahah look at the Eagle fan still running his mouth. This is why fans of every other team cheer against you. Your season is over, and you are the biggest NFL dissapointment as far back as I can remember. Pack it in Eagle fans. Maybe you should start watching college football, since the next important NFL event for your franchise will be the 2012 draft.

9. 12strikes says: Dec 1, 2011 12:49 PM

I’m an Eagles Fan… I would much rather see the team and players say
    “All hands on board, if they (I) can walk they (I) will play”.

If the team really thinks they have a chance they need to tough it up a little.

10. countsnail says: Dec 1, 2011 12:58 PM

No Vick, No McCoy, No Maclin, and possibly no Asomugha?

I don’t even want to watch this game tonight. It’ll be more of a chore than an enjoyable match up. If I wanted to watch Young, Dion Lewis, and Riley Cooper suit up, I’d re-watch some of those enthralling preseason games from August.

11. birdsflynorth206 says: Dec 1, 2011 1:00 PM

think about it would Mccoy would of made a cross country trip on a short week if he wasn’t going to play

12. beavertonsteve says: Dec 1, 2011 1:02 PM

First week of fantasy playoffs and my guy that carried me through the season is a game time decision. Damn you Thursday Night Football.

13. 7to10for6allday says: Dec 1, 2011 1:29 PM

I think he’ll play, otherwise why would he go cross country then??

14. Land Snark says: Dec 1, 2011 1:40 PM

As much as I love reading PFT for diverse information and witty comments, I’d have to lean on other sites like Rotoworld for injury news and opinion. Nothing personal PFT.

15. pflynn20 says: Dec 1, 2011 2:04 PM

Just shut Shady down before he gets a injury that keeps him out for next year. Same with Maclin and Vick. Season is over. See what Dion Lewis has…

16. laeaglefan says: Dec 1, 2011 2:16 PM

It doesn’t really matter what Dion Lewis has. As long as McCoy is the featured running back on this team Lewis isn’t going to be anything more than a kick returner and backup RB. Unless the Eagles want to showcase him as trade bait?

17. jl404580 says: Dec 1, 2011 3:35 PM

>> It explains why he didn’t many carries against the Pats. <<

LOL! that's not why. If these games actually mattered, Shady would be 100% playing… the only reason for doubt is, why play him at this point? I expect him to suit up as he pads stats for his pay day.

18. philly2boston says: Dec 1, 2011 5:45 PM

wicky888 December 1, 2011, 12:33 PM EST

That’s not really anything about anything.. those “good” football fans realize that you never stop watching even if things go bad.. leave that to the fairweathered. This team has a strong fanbase. I’m more interested in how they finish and ill see how they do. Let the horrible philly fan trash talk ensue.. animosity by the anonymous.. shiet the weak hearted never surprise.