Adrian Peterson ruled out again this week

Minnesota Vikings v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

The Vikings will be without Adrian Peterson again this week.

He wasn’t able to do much on his sprained right ankle at practice on Friday and coach Leslie Frazier announced that he won’t be in the lineup against the Broncos on Sunday. The ruling means more work for Toby Gerhart and it means that the Broncos can attempt to continue their push for a playoff spot without facing the most dangerous man on the Minnesota offense.

They also might be without one of their other weapons. Percy Harvin is listed as questionable after missing Friday’s practice with an “illness.” As you’d imagine, Frazier was asked if the problem is a migraine since Harvin has been bothered by them throughout his career.

“My first question, like your first question, was, `Is it a migraine?’¬†They told me they were evaluating the situation and we’ll let you know when you get back in. But everything that has been indicated to me is he’s going to be fine and it’s nothing like we’ve experienced in the past.”

Per Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the expectation is that Harvin will be able to play. If he isn’t the Vikings will be very short at receiver on Sunday. Devin Aromashodu, Greg Camarillo and Stephen Burton have 13 combined catches this season.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Injuries, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
11 Responses to “Adrian Peterson ruled out again this week”
  1. masochisticjetsfan says: Dec 2, 2011 3:25 PM

Adrian Peterson is suicide bombing my fantasy playoff hopes. He better post his MRI on twitter or i will not be satisfied.

2. i3addog says: Dec 2, 2011 3:26 PM

Timmy’s prayers have been answered. Looks like he will get to keep his 15 minutes going a little longer.

3. davemeisner says: Dec 2, 2011 3:33 PM

Minnesota’s defence has the ability to stop the Broncos. But the real question is, does Minnesota have a chance against Denver’s surging defence that has allowed only 1 TD per game in their last four?

4. bdickey33 says: Dec 2, 2011 3:46 PM

I’m smelling a 9-6 ballgame.

5. fwippel says: Dec 2, 2011 3:46 PM

Looks like the Denver defense, and Tim Tebow, will get the Broncos to 7-5, and stay in the thick of the playoff race.

That Viking OL is atrocious. I hope Ponder has good health insurance; if he gets through this game uninjured, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

6. mvpolamalu says: Dec 2, 2011 4:01 PM

@masochisticjetsfan

I know a guy who has had andre johnson and miles austin on his bench hurt almost all year, to go along with his first pick being jamaal charles. He is in first place. There are ways to get around injuries if fantasy football, complaining about them of pft is not one of them.

7. trevorthej says: Dec 2, 2011 4:04 PM

Glad I picked up the Broncos D/ST in my fantasy league. The playoff push is on!

8. alldayvikings says: Dec 2, 2011 4:15 PM

I hope he gets out there soon. Vikings game are so Damn boring without him. Plus I have him in fantasy but the first round bye helps cause he ?SHOULD? Be back by week 15. I hope they don’t shut him down for the year…

9. savagenation2011 says: Dec 2, 2011 4:36 PM

“and it means that the Broncos can attempt to continue their push for a playoff spot without facing the most dangerous man on the Minnesota offense.”

already lining up the excuses why the Vikes lose
    and Tebow dominates huh?

10. broncotis3000 says: Dec 2, 2011 8:48 PM

already lining up the excuses why the Vikes lose
    and Tebow dominates huh?

Of course…standard operating procedure.

11. gb4mn0 says: Dec 3, 2011 12:20 AM

Peterson ego won’t allow him to play apart in getting Te bowed.