Miles Austin plans to play next week

Dallas Cowboys v New England Patriots Getty Images

Early on Friday it looked like Miles Austin would miss his fourth straight game thanks to a hamstring injury and that came to fruition when the Cowboys ruled him out for their game with the Cardinals on Friday afternoon.

Austin is making progress toward returning, however, and said that he plans to be in the lineup for the Week 14 showdown with the Giants. Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas reports that Austin, who has missed six games altogether this year, wants to be as sure as possible that he won’t do further damage when he gets on the field.

“We were thinking maybe possibly this being the game that I do come back,” Austin said. “I guess they’re trying to be a little bit more cautious with it. It makes sense. I’m feeling better now than I did on a regular Wednesday or Thursday in a week because I continue to get treatment. So I’ll be good to go next week. I’m running routes now. It’s good to get these days up underneath me just not only for my hamstring but my legs and wind and everything else back.”

While the Cowboys will miss Austin this weekend, having him back for the Giants game is crucial. With the Giants facing the Packers on Sunday, there’s a good chance the Cowboys will enter the December 11th game with a two-game lead in the NFC East. Despite Arizona being a house of horrors for the Cowboys in the past, they should be able to beat the Cardinals and enter Week 14 at full strength with a chance to deliver a killer blow to the Giants’ playoff chances.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Injuries, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Miles Austin plans to play next week”
  1. titosanoxy says: Dec 2, 2011 4:27 PM

Laurent Robinson has been killing it. Hope this doesn’t throw a wrench in the works.

2. bearsstillsuck says: Dec 2, 2011 4:27 PM

cowboy fans better hope he never gets on the madden cover.

3. marionbarber24isgod says: Dec 2, 2011 5:47 PM

Four weeks ago my Cowboys had a record of 3-4 heading into mid season. Now we have found our identity. A win this week will put us in decent shape down the stretch at 8-4. Not calling it a win yet though, our last two games where nail bitters. Gotta give credit to Washington and Miami for playing great football against us. Week 14 hopefully we are 100% with Mike Jenkins CB, Miles Austin WR, and Tony Fiammetta FB and face off against the Giants with explosiveness.

4. howley1 says: Dec 2, 2011 6:43 PM

Austin and Robinson will be X and Y, Bryant will be killing single coverage downfield.

5. eyeamlegend says: Dec 2, 2011 7:43 PM

@howley my thoughts exactly. Hopefully Garret gets in a rhythm calling plays and spreads the touches to Witten with play action passed after Murray grinds for 5 yards a pop.

6. dlmcc1010 says: Dec 2, 2011 7:52 PM

Maybe before the game he should spend a little more time stretching

7. mikehockhurtz says: Dec 2, 2011 9:16 PM

I’m still gloating over the Eagles collapse

Go Cowboys….

8. daddyb1gdrawz says: Dec 3, 2011 1:24 AM

I honestly feel Miles Austin will disrupt the chemistry Tony Romo has with his receivers. Laurent Robinson appears to compliment Dez Bryant better than Miles Austin. Maybe I am wrong but it just seems that once Austin signed that contract he has always been hurt.