Rams activate Brandstater; Bradford’s status shaky

Arizona Cardinals v St. Louis Rams Getty Images

In the clearest sign yet that Sam Bradford has an uphill battle to play in Sunday’s game, the Rams activated quarterback Tom Brandstater from the practice squad on Saturday.

The team released linebacker Ben Leber to make room.

Bradford barely practiced this week after aggravating his ankle sprain in last week’s loss to the Cardinals.  Bradford missed practice Thursday and was “very limited” in practice on Friday according to coach Steve Spagnuolo.

It’s starting to look like A.J. Feeley will start in a tough matchup Sunday in San Francisco. Feeley has started two games this year, including the Rams’ upset win over the Saints. (Although Feeley didn’t play great that day.)

If Bradford is out, Brandstater would back Feeley up.  The 49ers are two touchdown favorites at this point and that number could be going up.

Then again, it’s not like the Rams passing offense can get a lot worse than they have been over the last month.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Los Angeles Rams, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
16 Responses to “Rams activate Brandstater; Bradford’s status shaky”
  1. deathmonkey41 says: Dec 3, 2011 5:02 PM

I can’t believe it took that long to release Ben Leber. Spagnuolo and Devaney are absolutely clueless.

2. nineroutsider says: Dec 3, 2011 5:32 PM

Does it even matter who plays? The Lams have already been silenced, now they will be slaughtered.

I will be watching the Niners clinch from a luxury box for the first time, should be pretty sweet. Those corporate boys aren’t going to know what to do with me…

3. duanethomas says: Dec 3, 2011 5:55 PM

Jason Smith set the franchise back 10 years. What a bust!

4. schmitty2 says: Dec 3, 2011 6:03 PM

nineroutsider says:
    Dec 3, 2011 5:32 PM

Well congrats on your team being good for the first time in god knows how long but I probably wouldn’t brag too much about a “luxury box” at the Stick

5. mizzouram says: Dec 3, 2011 6:39 PM

Another side to this story is the dismissal of Leber, whose tenure with the team has been terrible.

6. mizzouram says: Dec 3, 2011 6:41 PM

Luxury Box @ the Stick=bathroom stall

7. emperorzero says: Dec 3, 2011 6:45 PM

Jason Smith set the franchise back 10 years? Lord, this team hasn’t made a good pick since Steven Jackson and then they took grief for taking him because they already had Faulk. Once again, this franchise needs a total house cleaning.

8. pcoisma says: Dec 3, 2011 6:46 PM

Wow that word press thing was weird. Okay I am probably the only Ram fan here. 49er fans get in line others get my attention more.

9. norcal031 says: Dec 3, 2011 7:58 PM

Classic niners fan…Bragging about sitting in a box seat. A true fan wants to sit as close as possible to the field. How much you want to bet nineroutsider will leave at the start of the fourth quarter because his wife wants to beat the traffic. Sit with the people and leave when the ushers kick you out. That’s the only way to go to a game. Such spoiled people. Oh btw a 6 row seat sells for $81? How much do those season ticket niners fans need money????

10. norcal031 says: Dec 3, 2011 8:00 PM

I went to a niners game and saw the people in front of me leave with the niners starting what turned out to be the game winning drive with like 5 minutes to go…..

11. trbowman says: Dec 3, 2011 8:31 PM

Tom Brandstater ftw

12. ilikesteveyounggirls says: Dec 3, 2011 9:39 PM

Norcal031 must be a bitter Raiders fan trolling Niner posts because no one is interested in his team.

13. mwcarolina says: Dec 4, 2011 12:27 AM

Wow, Jason Smith, this is why i never doubted the lions taking Stafford, i had doubts about Smith. Bradford needs help with being protected.

14. linvillegorge says: Dec 4, 2011 2:55 AM

I thought Bradford looked very good last year for a rookie and that the Rams finally had a bright future again. But, looks like the guy may be made of glass. Too bad.

15. nineroutsider says: Dec 4, 2011 11:39 AM

@norcal031

There is a difference between bragging and excitement. I am excited to go to a game and not spend half of your paycheck on food and drink. Would I rather sit on the 50, of course, but I am going for free so I can’t complain even if it will be “somewhat corporate”. Like I said…they aren’t going to know what to do with me.

BTW…I have heard their luxury boxes are closer to prison cells than bathroom stalls, but both work. Everyone knows that place is a dump, but a dump I respect becuase of it’s great history.

My sunday experience follows the strict rules of Al Bundy’s No MA’AM organization…basically I have established a strong separation of football and women. (Unless she is not my wife, hot, and stupid.)

16. nineroutsider says: Dec 4, 2011 11:40 AM

linvillegorge says:Dec 4, 2011 2:55 AM

—————————————————–
    But they hired Josh McDaniels….