Brian Price’s agent criticizes Raheem Morris

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Brian Price sacks Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub during NFL game in Tampa Reuters

Raheem Morris kicked his own player Brian Price out of Sunday’s game after an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Price apparently lost his cool, then Morris lost his composure during the game and after. Price’s agent took aim at Morris after the game and made some good points.

“[Brian] regrets the untimeliness and the foolish nature of the penalty, but if that pentalty was on first down, would the coach have thrown him out of the game?” Chuck Price (no relation) told Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times. “For a kid who’s probably never had an unsportsmanlike penalty? He’s a guy who has played through some enormous challenges.

“He spent six days in a (walking) boot last week. It’s that same fight and attitude that probably [prompted the Buc]  to say, ‘I’m sorry you just got out of a boot, but go ahead and play football for us.’ I know Brian personally had to be disappointed because I know how he loves playing for Raheem. He’s made statements like he wouldn’t want to play for anyone else.”

Morris has the right to discipline his team, but he has to be careful to be consistent. He can’t suddenly change the way he coaches or his team might tune him out.

Here’s Morris saying that “f—” yeah he threw Price out fter the game:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Brian Price’s agent criticizes Raheem Morris”
  1. Richard Dickson says: Dec 4, 2011 10:46 PM

And yet Talib has cost us 15 yards on several occasions and skates away clean.

2. 6ball says: Dec 4, 2011 11:04 PM

Rah should learn to speak Belichick : “He wasn’t in our rotation “.

3. ranksarot says: Dec 4, 2011 11:20 PM

sounds like coach rah taking out his frustrations on his player.

4. seneca1ss says: Dec 4, 2011 11:24 PM

maybe the lawyer should….”put on a jersey. you think you’re tuff? put a jersey on….” Warren Sapp

5. cfroggerton says: Dec 4, 2011 11:34 PM

I imagine with all the unsportsmanlike penalties the Bucs were getting, Raheem drew a line in the sand (finally) with a zero tolerance policy on those types of penalties. And Price was the first victim.

6. buc13jcs says: Dec 4, 2011 11:35 PM

I liked Raheem, but he should be fired…Price has put his health on the line, he battles game in and game out…he fights his ass off…Morris is out matched, he allows the Talib to do whatever his dumb ass wants…But decides to drop the hammer (publicly) on a good young kid…I’m tired of him and Olsen…I’d give a kidney for Jeff Fisher to come and build this…we have a bunch of good young talent with no direction

7. kacapaco says: Dec 4, 2011 11:37 PM

Price was stupid but Morris was stupider. You can’t send every player home for every penality. May be Morris is trying to show his boss his ‘toughness’ .

8. yevrag3535 says: Dec 4, 2011 11:47 PM

Dallas sucks

9. finfanjim says: Dec 5, 2011 12:30 AM

Nobody cares about F-bombs. Obviously, if Shannon Sharpe can get away with one on the post-game show, who cares if Morris drops one in a press conference…

10. yevrag3535 says: Dec 5, 2011 12:31 AM

I just put the “Dallas sucks” into this article for the heck of it. It has nothing to do with it but the Cowboys do suck! And I know the Eagles stink just as bad but they beat you.

11. tampajoey says: Dec 5, 2011 12:58 AM

Morris has lost control of this team. He can’t be a “buddy” coach especially with a young immature team just like “buddy” parents lose control of their bratty kids it never works out. Next we’ll have a bunch of 16 year old pregnant high school dropouts on our team.

12. richieab says: Dec 5, 2011 1:39 AM

self promote yungry then reap what you sow like a man Raheem

13. wpq3 says: Dec 5, 2011 3:31 AM

So last year Raheem Morris finishes second in the coach of the year voting, and now people think he should be fired? Am I the only one who see’s something wrong with this?

Just as we allow young players to develop, I feel the same could go for Morris. I think he is a good young coach. He is finally learning that there is a line between the players and the coaches that needs to be respected. Did he handle this situation correctly? Hell no. But I do think he is learning and the Bucs or Bucs fans, don’t need to be talking about firing him. You guys were 3-11 the year before last.

14. alewatcher says: Dec 5, 2011 7:14 AM

“F___ yeah…”

Priceless.

15. mjohnson062 says: Dec 5, 2011 7:55 AM

I’m so torn. Maybe Zero-tolerance started yesterday, but it damn skippy should’ve started with Talib. I think Raheem should get next year, after another draft and another free agency (which the Bucs will spend money on) and let’s see what he can do. As a LAME DUCK, however. Youngry, everybody plays/coaches for their JOBS.

16. FinFan68 says: Dec 5, 2011 8:30 AM

There are times when Morris seems out of his depth, but he handled this case right. That was a stupid penalty at a critical juncture. “My bad” doesn’t cut it. All Morris needs to do is remain consistent on these things.

The lawyer’s point about if it were on 1st down…is irrelevant. If the Bucs were up by 30 it wouldn’t have mattered as much either. The player acted stupidly and the coach reacted. Maybe he will learn… Now Morris needs to instill more accountability with the rest of the “miscreants” that screw up off the field.

17. bucforever says: Dec 5, 2011 9:58 AM

This is the most I times I have given thumbs up on a PFT article ‘s comments . I do agree that Coach Morris over reacted and should have not done so in public. I hope an appolgy will follow soon . That said , it appears that Raheem is losing control of his locker room. Some major changes need to be made soon before this whole “youngry”
    bunch’s attitude gose south.

18. Dirty D Fo says: Dec 5, 2011 11:19 AM