Chargers need to sell 5,500 tickets by Thursday

Santa Ana Winds Stoke Wildfires In Southern California Getty Images

A 24-point win in prime time has yet to translate into a significant spike in ticket sales in San Diego.

The Chargers have announced that 5,500 non-premium tickets remain for Sunday’s home game against the Bills.  If the tickets aren’t purchased by 4:15 p.m. ET Thursday, the game will be blacked out.

Of course, it’s possible that the Chargers will secure an extension of the deadline for selling the tickets.

The 5-7 Chargers and the 5-7 Bills are both clinging to hope for a possible playoff berth.  The loser of the game surely is done; the winner may be done, anyway.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
17 Responses to “Chargers need to sell 5,500 tickets by Thursday”
  1. goawayeverybody says: Dec 6, 2011 8:14 PM

If they really wanted to sell these tickets they would drop their prices. The Vikings have dropped their ticket prices to $25 each in order to just get people in the seats. I realize we’re talking about the Vikings, but those prices were in effect even at the beginning of the season. The Chargers’ organization would rather let the seats go empty than at least get some money for them.

The lowest price I found was $54 on Chargers.com. Throw in the “surcharges” and you’re talking $65. No way am I going to shell out that for a Chargers/Bills game. Not going to happen.

2. jimmysee says: Dec 6, 2011 8:35 PM

They won in JAX — doesn’t that help?

3. sbxxix says: Dec 6, 2011 8:39 PM

Man I look at that picture of Qualcomm and I think “beautiful city but horrible stadium”. San Diego needs a new stadium

4. sinclairsrevenge says: Dec 6, 2011 8:51 PM

does Philip Rivers really go by Philip? Phil Rivers sounds cooler.

5. krazymed says: Dec 6, 2011 9:05 PM

I live in LA. I want this game blacked out. I want to see the Packers pound the Raiders and go to 13-0. I do not want to see the rotten Chargers or the rotten Bills.

6. joerevs300 says: Dec 6, 2011 9:21 PM

Yeah, I as a fan really want to see lame duck SD, who paired with Dallas has to be the biggest disappointment of a franchise in the past 16 years, play 5-7 Buffalo, whose Ryan Fitzpatrick SB train turned into a pumpkin right after a big contract extension, WOW I didn’t see that coming *smirk*.

Just move SD to LA and get it over with.

7. ogre2010 says: Dec 6, 2011 9:23 PM

I mean Los Angeles ?

8. 6ball says: Dec 6, 2011 9:26 PM

Doubtful we’ll see any turnovers in this game.

9. ambitoos says: Dec 6, 2011 9:55 PM

They found a team that’s weaker than themselfs to beat. Go Lakers.

10. dannymac17 says: Dec 7, 2011 1:02 AM

Chargers and Vikings.

Your new LA AFC and NFC tenants.

Want some? Get some.

11. robgilman says: Dec 7, 2011 1:04 AM

No Aaron Rodgers, Oakland Raiders, or Tim Tebow’s to fill seats this week.

12. hanktheking says: Dec 7, 2011 1:57 AM

I’m sure you wouldn’t have this problem in L.A.

13. veraky says: Dec 7, 2011 3:15 AM

As goawayeverybody stated even the cheapest tickets aren’t cheap. I also believe the cheapest tickets are in the “family” section which means no alcohol and it’s not worth going to a Chargers game if you can’t drown your sorrows in overpriced beer.

14. jcdavey2011 says: Dec 7, 2011 5:28 AM

they were having trouble selling out home games when they were above .500, they’re 5-7 and playing the ‘Boy I Love Losing Superbowls’ another cursed team

i would have been shocked had the game sold out from anything short of the team, or a local business buying up the tickets

15. jaxbeachjaguar says: Dec 7, 2011 9:25 AM

Soon to be the LA Chargers!

16. vinski1 says: Dec 7, 2011 10:14 AM

So funny to read these tickets remaining articles. If and when LA ever does get a team back there, won’t it be fun to see them in this rotation..
    ….6,600 seats remaining in LA to be sold before Thurs to avoid first blackout of inaugural season……! What a laugh

17. jjackwagon says: Dec 7, 2011 11:28 AM

What happened to all the Charger fans crowing about “This team always starts slow but finishes strong?”
    Can I get an actual date on when the “strong finish” begins?