Dansby sees God working through Tebow

Tim Tebow, Karlos Dansby, Yeremiah Bell AP

Many athletes who believe in God believe that God has a hand in their on-field exploits.  Many athletes and non-athletes who believe in God believe that’s a lot of bunk, because it implies that God for whatever reason wants to make the opponents lose and/or look foolish.

As I said in the very first item I ever wrote about football for an Internet-based publication, God has far bigger things to worry about than who wins and loses sporting events.

But I respect the opinions of those who believe otherwise.  And Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby believes that God is working through Tim Tebow.

Dansby, whose Dolphins were the first victims of Tebowmania, told Jim Rome today that he and other members of the team saw Godliness in Tebow’s stunning comeback from a 15-point deficit in the fourth quarter.

“Us losing to Tim Tebow the way we did, we seen it first hand,” Dansby said on Rome’s radio show.  “Young man is blessed.  Young man has a special anointing on him.  And for God to show himself in that game the way He did, through the guy He did it through, it opened a lot of guys’ eyes on our team.  And it brought a lot of guys closer to God, so like I said, everything happens for a reason. . . .  My hat goes off to Tim.  And God working through him like that, it opened up a lot of eyes.  He’s a blessed young man and I wish him much success the rest of his career.”

If guys truly believe that, Tebow will be a magnet for certain free agents.  If they believe God is working through Tebow and if that means God will be helping his team win games, why wouldn’t they want to play with Tebow?

Permalink 110 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
110 Responses to “Dansby sees God working through Tebow”
  1. radrntn says: Dec 6, 2011 5:02 PM

he is not the only one who thinks that….how else can you explain it….it is the only logical answer. I only saw this once before, and that is the day farve dads passed , and everything farve threw up on a monday night game landed in the packers hands.

2. worldwidebleater says: Dec 6, 2011 5:06 PM

After the win over the Dolphins, he fed the whole stadium with one $11 hamburger and a $9 beer.

3. lostsok says: Dec 6, 2011 5:07 PM

Will God get blames when Tebow blows out a knee or something?

I respect Tim and Karlos for their belief. I suspect their dedication to living for a higher purpose makes them better individuals and teammates than, say, Ndamastomp Suh. But there’s an irrational element they should be aware looks…silly…to those of a more secular calling.

Still, I wish them both the best. I’d rather have one Dansby or Tebow than 100 Suhs.

4. coolgato13 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:07 PM

OK I am going to channel Coach Ditka here and say “STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!“

5. 808raiderinparadise says: Dec 6, 2011 5:10 PM

Okay, this thing is getting out of control ….

6. freebird2011 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:13 PM

God may have blessed Tim Tebow with talent and gifts, but it is Tebow’s exercise of his own free will to develop and use those talents and gifts.

7. Topher says: Dec 6, 2011 5:15 PM

First I want to thank my lord and savior, Jesus Christ. Then I want to thank my wife and family for supporting me. Finally I would like to pray that God blesses the United States of America.

Now I’m ready to comment on Tim Tebowed in an honest and articlate (and blessed) manner.

If other teams believe Tebow is anointed by God to win NFL games, isn’t that the greatest emotional advantage any player has ever had heading into a game? Kind of like whoever David faced on the field of battle after smithing Goliath. “That kid took out Goliath, no effin way I’m fighting him!”

8. carpediaz says: Dec 6, 2011 5:16 PM

Oh boy. Here we go. The guy is a tremendous athlete. To give credit to a deity is insulting IMO. He’s athletic, plain & simple. The same way you don’t speak about politics & religion at the table, they shouldn’t be talked about in sports. Give credit to yourselves for being talented. It’s not god-given, it’s pure, down to the bone athleticism.

9. badtimeoutcaldwell says: Dec 6, 2011 5:16 PM

Don’t get confused as to thinking: “God likes Tim Tebow, therefore God is making him succeed”.

God may simply be using Tebow and allowing him to succeed to reach a lot of people, and apparently it’s working. That doesn’t guarantee future success, but it very well me be the reason why he’s experienced so much success with so little throwing ability…

10. chocolatebaconbutter says: Dec 6, 2011 5:19 PM

Tebow is the MVP of real life.

11. pongonfl says: Dec 6, 2011 5:19 PM

I bet McDaniels is pissed that God gets the credit.

12. kcfanatic says: Dec 6, 2011 5:19 PM

“God has far bigger things to worry about than who wins and loses sporting events.”

Right there is the misconception about God. God is truly in everything. Not just the big stuff. You and I could not take the next breathe without the help of God. Therefore, if God is instilling life into us every second of every day for each of us, then he is with us each and every day. If he is with us each and every day, in our little lives, then why wouldn’t he be with Tim on the Field? Why wouldn’t he be with all of the players on the field? He is. He is with all of us always. If by acting through Tim he was able to strengthen the faith of a few other football players on the field or a few thousand/million spectators why wouldn’t he allow a follower with little quarterbacking skills to win games and succeed in circumstances that he shouldn’t otherwise be able to?

13. nineroutsider says: Dec 6, 2011 5:20 PM

I don’t know what to say about god and his influence on the football field, but after the throws I saw Tebow make in the Viking game, and yes some were wide open, I will not rip him anymore. The guy belongs in the NFL and I was wrong. He has the talent; it isn’t a miracle.

Does he play the game differently? Yes, but he wins. That is what matters. He shut my mouth and he should be shutting yours unless you are illogical, unreasonable, and egotistical.

The guy deserves credit, regardless of how you feel about his social views.

14. eddiegaedel says: Dec 6, 2011 5:20 PM

What is so wrong with this belief? Blessed people accomplish great things. I believe Tebow is utterly sincere, and people with true faith are granted favor all the time.

Dansby’s comments are genuine. To make fun of them or Tebow serves no fruitful purpose.

We can learn and benefit from this or we can besmirch their position.

The choice is yours.

15. sschmiggles says: Dec 6, 2011 5:22 PM

If God cares enough about football to “anoint” a millionaire quarterback, rather than someone who actually needs it, then it’s just another reason for me to not believe in him.

16. weepingjebus says: Dec 6, 2011 5:28 PM

I’m not religious, so I rather see it as America working. It’s one of the few places where most people get a legitimately fair shake to show what they can do. Tebow can credit God, or a bag of skittles, but whatever it is he is proving all his critics either wrong, or right but irrelevant. The dude flat out wins, just like America.

p.s. I can’t deny that God does hate the Jets

17. tatum064 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:28 PM

I agree the spiritual nature of Tebow has the whole team believing. Pats are looking at an L (after the Bears game)

18. eddiegaedel says: Dec 6, 2011 5:28 PM

With all due respect. Tebow had great faith. Then he was annointed. Then he was blessed with millions.

Now he gives praise and thanks.

To those with faith-no explanation is necessary. To those without faith-no explanation is possible.

19. mathomp3 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:29 PM

Thanks for opening up a depate on religion….

20. sbxxix says: Dec 6, 2011 5:29 PM

This is too much right here. I’m a man who believes in God but at some point I think your hard work is what makes you win games. The way I look at it, if God is heping 11 guys on one side of the ball, then he’s screwing over the other 11 guys on the other side of the ball. Maybe God has nothing to do with this and Tebow’s hard work during practice and motivation to prove everyone wrong is what’s making this go. Oh and the fact that they haven’t really played anyone. They did play one solid team and we all know what happened

21. doggz109 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:30 PM

If you think this is about football…you are mistaken. God is now in the minds of many people who had never given Him a second thought….and He is doing this through Tebow.

People hate him not because of what he does or says…they hate him because of how he makes them feel. If you are so sure of yourself and your place in the world….why does Tebow make you so uncomfortable?

22. La Milicia Negra says: Dec 6, 2011 5:34 PM

Fundamentalists, nothing more, nothing less..

23. 4512dawg4512 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:36 PM

That wasn’t the only topic that Dansby covered on the Jim Rome show that made him sound like an idiot

24. woodyg says: Dec 6, 2011 5:37 PM

Will it also be God’s work when Tebow starts losing because of inept play?? ……

It will happen …… Sooner rather than later ……

25. firegoodell says: Dec 6, 2011 5:38 PM

If God is indeed working through Tebow…..then that must surely mean that he is working against the opponent. I believe in God, I believe he is involved in all aspects of our lives….but I refuse to believe for one minute that God cares who wins or loses a football game. In the grand scheme of life … does the outcome of a football game really matter?

As for Tebow’s continued references every time a microphone is put in his face… I guess I have this thought….do you really need to continually wear it on your sleeve?

26. jessethegreat says: Dec 6, 2011 5:39 PM

I’m a Christian and I have all the respect in the world for Tim Tebow. I wish more people were like him. I wish I had more of the qualities he has. I hope my daughter ends up with a man like him.

Religion and his faith may be much larger for Tebow than many of his peers, and the two no-doubt have helped him become the man that he is today. But to suggest that a higher power is interfering in a football game is outlandish. Tebow is making the decisions he’s making. He is not God’s puppet. No one is pulling his strings. No matter how much success the kid has, he’s likely to credit his faith and our Lord, but he’s responsible for his abilities.

27. fmlizard says: Dec 6, 2011 5:39 PM

Has anyone considered that it might not be Tebow, nor God, but rather a referendum on the value of running the ball and controlling the clock in the NFL?

28. bkiser81 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:41 PM

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen . Does God work with Aaron Rodgers as well just better. Why would Tebow winning make more people believe in God. Either you have blind faith in God or you do not, but why would some guy winning a football instill more faith into people. I just do not get the logic.

29. budleydudley says: Dec 6, 2011 5:44 PM

Number of comments denigrating Tebow and his referring to God far greater than the number of times Tebow refers to God publicly.

30. donniebmc says: Dec 6, 2011 5:48 PM

As a Christian, it’s frustrating to hear this kind of stuff. Love Tebow, but this is just fuel to the Tebow-hater’s fire…

31. gafraidh says: Dec 6, 2011 5:53 PM

Warren Beatty… Heaven Can Wait… Could it be? Lol!!!

Honestly, he’s done some good stuff, but the media focus makes it all bigger than life. Like any draft class, let’s chill for abt 3 – 4 years and then re-evaluate.

32. fissels says: Dec 6, 2011 5:55 PM

I agree that Tebow will be a magnet for players who are also believers.

33. roma9496 says: Dec 6, 2011 5:59 PM

God has his hands on ALL things. There are numerous examples in the Bible of God lifting up one group of people and blessing them based on their faith in him. Why? To glorify himself. The only people who are saying that it’s ridiculous that God would be involved are the ones who don’t know scripture. It’s a shame.

34. ppdoc13 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:03 PM

Not a Christian, but am religious. Tebow is a Believer. That allows him to believe that anything is possible. It makes him a better person. If it brings people along the way, then good for him.

For the person who said that means that G-d “roots” against the other team, you just don’t get it. It is not a question of G-d picking sides. It is a matter of belief and that belief allowing you to do things that you maybe you weren’t capable or believed (with a small b) that you weren’t capable.

35. silverbackdk says: Dec 6, 2011 6:03 PM

I know religion means a lot to some people and I respect that, but Tebows tendency to drag it into everything makes me want to him hit with the hardest tackle of the season. Urlacher should or Peppers please do your worst this week….

36. buffaloniner says: Dec 6, 2011 6:04 PM

Does the first comment on this page really say “that is the only logical answer”? … wow I guess I must not have a very good grasp on the definition of logical.

37. briang123 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:05 PM

I can assure you that Dansby is far from the only one in the league that admires Tebow. It would nto surprise me in the least if Brian Dawkins is Tebow’s best pal on the team.

38. paleandpasty says: Dec 6, 2011 6:06 PM

I like dansby but he also believes he is the best linebacker in football. He is great but ask 10 people that question and you will get at least 5 different answers.

39. paleandpasty says: Dec 6, 2011 6:09 PM

Dansby also says he sees a quarterback working through mark sanchez but i find that hard to believe too.

40. raiderspride says: Dec 6, 2011 6:11 PM

Tebow is missing the boat. Needs to think outside the box.

Tebow could retire tomorrow from the game. Call a press conference, and ask for donations to build a Church.

There is no doubt in my mind, that he would rake in a Billion dollars. He could then un-retire, buy The Broncos as an investment for his fellowship and make himself the starter til he is 65 years old.

41. slangbang says: Dec 6, 2011 6:12 PM

Dansby is a MONSTER! DOn’t hurt VICK this week please…

What is theklitch?

42. sullijo1 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:27 PM

America loves the underdog – always has, always will. Tebow is the ultimate underdog – who among us has the opportunity to prove all the experts wrong at this level in life with this much publicity?

This is a fantastic situation playing out – the humbling of the talking heads and the increasing fan support for a real life version of “Rocky.”

Keep proving them wrong Tebow – good luck to you.

43. sullijo1 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:31 PM

@gafraidh

Waiting 3-4 years to evaluate a draft class is a good idea, except when everyone already came out declaring this guy was awful.

Maybe they should have waited?

44. icewalker946 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:33 PM

If the Broncos lose is it Tebow’s fault or……God’s?

45. patsfan51 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:36 PM

If the Broncos beat the Patriots then I’ll believe Tebow has a sacred connection.
    Personally, I don’t think he has a prayer!

46. buffaloniner says: Dec 6, 2011 6:41 PM

roma9496 says:

“The only people who are saying that it’s ridiculous that God would be involved are the ones who don’t know scripture”

______________________

Did you ever consider that maybe the reason some people find it ridiculous is BECAUSE they have studied the scripture and are smart enough to find the flaws? Citing examples from the bible doesn’t exactly prove any point. I have studied the Bible quite thoroughly as well as many other books and principles of many other religions… in fact I would argue that the only people NOT finding it ridiculous are ones that have not studied ENOUGH scriptures or simply don’t have the capacity to think for themselves. No offense, but I would suggest opening your mind a bit.

47. bengarciareyes says: Dec 6, 2011 6:43 PM

Tebow wins six games cause he has a weak schedule, and people say god did it. Santonio Holmes, win a SB, bother no one, but he smokes weed, so he get traded? Yeah God hates sinners, and loves the nfl.

Too bad all the bibles in the world couldn’t make David Carr NOT a bust. I wonder why he wasn’t “Anointed”? Must be a sinner.

48. td40 says: Dec 6, 2011 6:50 PM

Why isn’t God telling the teams who play against Tebow to just stack the box on every other play?

I don’t live anywhere near Denver and don’t get to see any more than highlights of their games, so it’s not as if I’ve gotten to watch things closely, but it seems like when any other team relies on running plays 75% of the time, the opposing team usually just starts crowding the line and stopping the run. I can only assume that the teams that play against Denver haven’t made a point of doing this. If they did, Tebow would have to start throwing the ball a LOT more- and with a 47% completion rate, I think we all know how that would turn out.

49. castleanthrax says: Dec 6, 2011 6:51 PM

I’m on board with a lot of you here that this is sort of getting out of hand, but understand that the NFL lockerrooms have a very strong contingent of Christian types. a lot of them came from homes where Jesus is key in their lives, so at the end of the day the writer of this blog is pretty much on that some FAs will be attracted to such.

I don’t think this guy is as hated in the Broncos lockerroom as the media has let on…

50. Slackmo says: Dec 6, 2011 6:54 PM

Just wait till Tebow throws up a game-winning Hail Mary.

51. roma9496 says: Dec 6, 2011 7:08 PM

@buffaloniner
    No offense to you and your beliefs. I am a christian, and christians do not find any flaws in the bible, because true christians view the bible as the “word of god” written by men through the guide of the holy spirit. Therefore, you and I wil never agree so perhaps we should not open this can of worms as it well only turn into a debate on religion. My point was that god is in control of all things, and the bible teaches that god is the same yesterday, today, and tommorow. You dont view the bible as truth but rather as a history book so we are not going to agree. Again, no offense to your beliefs, please respect mine.

52. imag3d says: Dec 6, 2011 7:09 PM

I think a lot more people would possibly see ” God working through Tebow” in the way he handles some REAL adversity in his life than winning football games.

53. jimbobobjr says: Dec 6, 2011 7:22 PM

That kind of fatalistic thinking is dangerous. It removes all accountability.

54. andyreidisfat says: Dec 6, 2011 7:25 PM

I just wanted to endlessly laugh at the first poster who said that” it’s the only logical reason”. In regards to god helping tebow.

First that’s quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever heard. Also people who think like this are the reasons this country is going under. Believing “god” is helping tebow is nothing more than zealotry .

This country is truly filled with dumb gulable fools. I am moving to canada, can I get the nfl network up there ?

55. jm1122 says: Dec 6, 2011 7:26 PM

“If guys truly believe that”…then their delusional embrace of ancient superstitions has overcome any sense of rational thought!

56. freedomispopular says: Dec 6, 2011 7:26 PM

The Bible says that God cares about a sparrow that falls out of the sky. To say that “God has bigger things to worry about” regarding anything is foolish, especially if you’re a Bible-believer.

57. earthtopft says: Dec 6, 2011 7:36 PM

If you’re going to have a “12th Man” working for your team, God is probably the guy you want.

58. twesty85 says: Dec 6, 2011 7:38 PM

to all the non-believers:

obviously you’ve never seen angels in the outfield. if you haven’t seen it watch it, it’s got danny glover and it’s a really good movie.

59. twesty85 says: Dec 6, 2011 7:44 PM

@ buffaloniner

I’d be willing to bet the MAJORITY of people who actually believe in this don’t actually study scripture and probably don’t know much about the bible. They just believe in a higher power and that Tebow’s belief in that higher power propels him to win.

60. stadanko says: Dec 6, 2011 7:54 PM

It doesn’t exactly take a miracle to beat the Dolphins.

61. jarrman46 says: Dec 6, 2011 7:56 PM

If Reggie White(RIP) were still here and he was about to sack Tim Tebow who would God choose?

62. roma9496 says: Dec 6, 2011 7:58 PM

The good news is that god loves every person on this post, Even the non believers just as much as he loves Tebow. If you put your trust in him, great things will happen to you, too.

63. jm1122 says: Dec 6, 2011 8:18 PM

…”believers” can’t get enough of tebow because he publicly acknowledges his blind faith in a way that the vast majority of “believers” would be far too embarrassed and ashamed to admit or profess in public…

64. otrd13 says: Dec 6, 2011 8:25 PM

i respect my right to believe peoples beliefs are stupid. starting as delusions with the belief in this ‘God’ then progressing into full blown insanity believing he works through football. jesus christ ppl this dumb shouldnt be allowed to have children

65. easyeddie says: Dec 6, 2011 9:02 PM

Tebow’s eye black at FSU was from Thessalonian 5:18: “Thank God in everything, no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks, for this is the will of God for you who are in Christ Jesus.”

I presume that may be what he’s meditating on/praying about during and after games. What’s wrong with that?

Also find it funny how some Tebow basher talk about “karma” then put down Tebow’s beliefs.

66. sfgamblers says: Dec 6, 2011 9:06 PM

God=Harry Potter Both are fictional books with characters that have super powers. This crap is totally getting out of control. He is just a football player that believes in imaginary people.

67. blackmike2 says: Dec 6, 2011 9:08 PM

hallelujah, there’s no doubt that god loves mr. tebow and is helping him win games! that then seems to imply, to me, that god doesn’t love those teams who have lost games due to mr, tebow’s miraculous exploits. not only does god dislike those other teams, he seemingly loves all the bronco’s players. they too are winning. how then did this come about, all those losers on other teams, and everybody on the broncos deserving of god’s love and intervention? there can only be one answer: intelligent design. yep, god put all those people in the bronco organization that he loves, and the rest can just go to hell, and loose football games in the meantime. amen, brother!

68. blackqbwhiterb says: Dec 6, 2011 9:10 PM

Enough of all you. The media can’t stand a clean white all American Southern Christian. Like many of you, they think it’s embarrassing to listen to those old fashioned conservative values preached loud and proud. Nobody minded Reggie White doing it. If Tebow was black, the media would be championing “The new face of the league, with his mobile athletic style, backed by the Denver ground attack and defense”….” A new style QB in the changing league”…..

69. sf69ers says: Dec 6, 2011 9:10 PM

If Tebow jumped off a bridge would you?

70. iplaybad says: Dec 6, 2011 9:10 PM

Apparently me invoking Zeus doesn’t cut it for PFT mods. Maybe Odin is better? What about Osyrus?

Don’t they get to anoint anybody?!

71. modown0 says: Dec 6, 2011 9:23 PM

I would prefer to see “God” work through a doctor to solve cancer. Apparently my priorities are not in order…

Also, God must really love the lions?

72. whatchutalkinabouthillis says: Dec 6, 2011 9:24 PM

I wonder if all this religous stuff would be around if Tebow had been a major flop. Also the storylines for the NFL seem to get stupider every day.

73. reeldolfan2 says: Dec 6, 2011 9:45 PM

I was always taught that it was sacreligo

74. reeldolfan2 says: Dec 6, 2011 9:48 PM

I was always taught that it was sacreligous to pray for personal success or achievements?
    But I guess when you’re praying for your kicker…that’s different!
    All hail baby Jesus!!! I mean Tebow!

75. pkrlvr says: Dec 6, 2011 10:08 PM

Holy crap……..folks, there is no supernatural wish granter in the sky who dreamed us all up in seven days and presides over a 14 billion light year wide universe with the ability to hear the thoughts and wishes of every creature in it. And even if such a completely laughable idea were even slightly possible, I doubt such an entity would give two sh*ts about how Tim Tebow throws the football.

You’re barely out of the cave here people…..

76. pjrhc says: Dec 6, 2011 10:10 PM

I believe God works in and through His children both in victories and in losses. Whether the team or the man wins isn’t the issue to the Creator of the universe; whether the man glorifies Him rightly in his work IS God’s concern.

77. rubbernilly says: Dec 6, 2011 10:13 PM

After games, the sideline reporters always get a quick interview with one of the players leaving the field. I’d love to see a player say, “First, I’d like to thank my lord and savior, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for touching me with his noodly appendage.”

Then, every time that player scored in future games, he could raise his hand up with his fingers pointing down — like a three-point shooter in basketball holding the follow through of his shot — and wiggle his fingers in noodly-homage.

78. jjbadd says: Dec 6, 2011 10:17 PM

@radrntn
    I cannot believe you brought that up, because I have ALWAYS remembered that night, & I agree with you 100%! Favre couldn’t miss! I’ll never forget that night! I even made reference to it today when i was telling Bears fans that were dissin Favre, that they need not worry about questioning Favres heart & dedication, if he came there, he’d give it his all, of that i have no doubt.

79. rubbernilly says: Dec 6, 2011 10:22 PM

budleydudley says:
    Dec 6, 2011 5:44 PM

An error of category.

Rewrite your comparison on a per-speaker basis and you’ll have a better comparison.

Tebow References to God: 616 times (this press conference alone)
    Average Number of Responses per Responder: 3 times

BTW, it isn’t “denigrating” to think Tebow should tone down his references to God, but well done on a game attempt to poison the well. True denigration of Tebow for his God-references is exceedingly rare.

Look, even a yowling cat on an alley fence at night gets a boot thrown at him to shut up, but that doesn’t denigrate the cat.

80. suggsbradycrowder says: Dec 6, 2011 10:29 PM

Didn’t we feel this way about tiger woods a while back… I bet he spends Monday’s with Jordan and Barkley banging hookers at the palms….. Gooooooo Jesus

81. 14fairways says: Dec 6, 2011 10:38 PM

Tough to blame Tebow when the media is ramming a microphone in his face every chance they get – he’s not praying to the camera, he’s thanking his savior and the cameras never leave him alone – God bless him for his beliefs and the courage he has to wear them on his sleeve.

all that said, strong beliefs and a strong work ethic will lead to self confidence and personal success for any of us in our life and profession, so maybe we should attribute Tebow’s success to his self confidence, work ethic, and perseverance (and a very good defense)

82. detruthhurts says: Dec 6, 2011 10:49 PM

Amen Brother!

83. detruthhurts says: Dec 6, 2011 10:52 PM

You’re barely out of the cave here people…..

And just what makes you right? Are you qualified to make that statement and show proof?

84. detruthhurts says: Dec 6, 2011 10:54 PM

blackqbwhiterb says:
    Dec 6, 2011 9:10 PM

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

85. detruthhurts says: Dec 6, 2011 10:59 PM

Its called Faith! I know God exists, and I dont need an aetheist naysayer telling me Im wrong. It is what I believe and its my RIGHT to believe it!

86. earthtopft says: Dec 6, 2011 11:29 PM

Les Frazier was going to rip into Ponder for that lame duck interception he threw at the end of the game, until he saw the strange look on Chris’ face when he came back to the bench.

87. earthtopft says: Dec 6, 2011 11:35 PM

God wants the world to know that it is ridiculous to suggest that he somehow favors Tim Tebow.
    The #15 Denver Bronco jersey is just something he picked up at a garage sale somewhere, and he’s been too busy to change for the past few months.

88. steveintennessee says: Dec 6, 2011 11:36 PM

Funny things is all the non believers when thier butt is in trouble or at deaths door….suddenly ask for Gods help. Go visit a childrens hospital you also can see God at work there….if you dare. Some make it some dont…..ask Danny Thomas were he still alive. St. Judes childrens hospital is another example of a non believer reaching out to God….gets help and the rest is on going history. I had a near death moment in my life….i have seen the light it was very real.. Its non denominational, but its there. Believe or not believe…nobody is making you. amazing how ppl deny God but embrace or believe in the the devil. Once had a man say to me, “I dont belive in God, so I guess I am going to Hell”. I looked at him and said did you hear yourself? If you believe there is a Satan then God is looking at you too.
    If you dont you better hope when your time comes your right.

89. buckeyeboi says: Dec 7, 2011 12:00 AM

God Bless Tim Tebow!

90. snakerd says: Dec 7, 2011 12:39 AM

Hey I’m an athiest and I love Tebow! Although I’m not sure why god hates Blaine Gabbert so much.

91. ahs2 says: Dec 7, 2011 2:02 AM

rubbernilly says:
    Dec 6, 2011 10:13 PM

————————————————-

Now that would be worth the price of admission!! Religion is holding humanity back but science will eventually and thankfully prevail…

92. culturalelitist says: Dec 7, 2011 2:03 AM

“If Jesus came back and saw what’s going on in his name, he’d never stop throwing up.”

–HANNAH AND HER SISTERS

93. thermalito says: Dec 7, 2011 2:06 AM

These comments are living proof that professional athletes are truly some the dumbest individuals our society has to offer. They are so filled with arrogance and ego that they actually believe the mythical god they worship are more concerned with making sure they are millionaire athletes than addressing any of the real problems going on in our world.

94. sagatti says: Dec 7, 2011 2:09 AM

I love the fact before Tebow you would have NEVER seen this much open discussion on GOD. He is making Christian sports fans come out of the closet and express their beliefs… Who would have know this many “believers” were on these boards? Hopefully it doesn’t get out of hand, but its refreshing to know his hand is EVERYWHERE…

95. lookatthefarside says: Dec 7, 2011 5:48 AM

God loves the one that is named Tim Tebow. He also hates the eagles.

96. souldogdave says: Dec 7, 2011 5:53 AM

You are so high. If there was a god, he wouldn’t care about football, c’mon! Sick of this bible-thumping.

97. gmen1987 says: Dec 7, 2011 8:27 AM

Excuse me while I puke.

98. raiders757 says: Dec 7, 2011 9:47 AM

It’s the only way to explain how such a craptastic Denver team suddenly started playing way above their heads. If it isn’t God, then it’s proof that the NFL is just as rigged as the WWF. Especially if this boring team makes the playoffs.

99. salmen76 says: Dec 7, 2011 9:51 AM

I don’t believe in God but i must say. I like Tim Tebow and as time goes on i like him even more. He sticks to his faith regardless of what anybody says. He is a very tough, confident, talented, gifted young man. He is indeed the most genuine and the most ‘Christ Like” believer i have ever seen. If all Christians were as genuine as Tim Tebow the world would be a much better and safer place! Geaux Saints!

100. Broncofanatic7 says: Dec 7, 2011 11:17 AM

When is Dansby a FA again? Wouldn’t mind seeing him in Blue and Orange.

101. juliepie628 says: Dec 7, 2011 11:43 AM

There are many pro athletes, NFL players included, who are very devout Christians but they don’t advertise it so loudly or call a lot of attention to themselves. God is NOT working through them?

102. agelardi says: Dec 7, 2011 12:15 PM

So God hates the Dolphins?

103. bringbacktheflex says: Dec 7, 2011 12:51 PM

I do not believe that Tebow believes that his god is helping him win games. I think he believes that his god is helping him be the best he can be. If he had lesser physical talent then that would mean he could still be the best he could be, but that wouldn’t be enough to win games.

At 55 yo, Odin could help me be the best I can be, but that wouldn’t enable me to dunk on Lebron.

Mind over matter is definately at work here. I still don’t understand how any Christian could believe that their god preaches love and would help them be their best, but let children starve, die, be abused, all over the world. Doesn’t sound like any god I’d want to worship.

104. steveb9995 says: Dec 7, 2011 2:08 PM

LOL! Dansby now has the perfect excuse: “Coach, I missed that tackle because God was on Tebow’s side. Don’t blame me!”

105. onebaud says: Dec 7, 2011 4:24 PM

It is simple. Confidence wins games and Tebow draws confidence from his belief in God. If Tebow thought Zeus was behind him and really believed it, he might win because of Zeus.

106. roma9496 says: Dec 7, 2011 6:43 PM

@bringbacktheflex
    You obviously don’t know the gospel, but you come on this board and spew nonsense about how god let’s children starve. The Bible clearly states that from the fall of Adam in the garden of Eden, the wages of that sin is death. The bible calls Satan , ” the prince of the power of the air” and , “the god of this world.” Satan is at work because he knows his time is short. The good news is that because we all suffer because of the sins of one man, we can all be saved through the sacrifice of one man( Jesus). If you read the bible as a whole you will not take anything out of context and understand how loving he is that he designed a salvation plan for us all. God does not make bad things happen. You have to see the big picture. I really mean it when I say that you should say a prayer to god and ask him to open your eyes and give you knowledge. It’s actually more preposterous to believe that there is no god with all the evidence around you than it is to believe in him. Don’t believe me, just search for answers yourself.

107. bebopa says: Dec 7, 2011 7:20 PM

i think some of Tebows detractors simply dont like the fact, that he praises the Lord, not because of his talent or lack thereof.

108. bringbacktheflex says: Dec 8, 2011 11:12 AM

Personally, I don’t care about his beliefs when it comes to watching him play. I root for him. I get really sick of the smarmy Brady, Rodgers, Manning talk about being the “perfect” QBs. I don’t like the boutique aspect of Vick. Tebow lines up and plays hard and doesn’t expect special treatment from the refs. He takes (and dishes out) punishment. He rallies his team and doesn’t ask them to do anything he isn’t willing to do.

He won’t win a SB with his current style, but I root for him any way.

109. jm1122 says: Dec 8, 2011 2:01 PM

…i’d like to thank all the christians for their entertaining comments about the ancient superstitions that they continue to cling to…i’d also like to encourage each of you to continue to post all the details of your christian faith…the more public light we can shine on your baseless beliefs, the fewer people will choose to be brainwashed by your sizable cults…

110. theglap says: Dec 11, 2011 7:23 PM

Tebow has a helluva kicking leg.