Matt Moore will start for Miami Sunday

Matt Moore AP

J.P. Losman will not make a triumphant return to Buffalo as a starting quarterback.

Matt Moore returned to Dolphins practice Thursday and took the majority of reps with the first team. He expects to start and a source tells Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald that Moore will indeed start.

I’m happy to hear this news because I picked the Dolphins in our PFT Picks. And while I root for Losman as a fellow Tulane grad, I have to admit Moore’s the superior player.

Miami can climb out of the basement in the AFC East with a win in Buffalo. That would be a sad moment for the Bills considering how this season started.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Matt Moore will start for Miami Sunday”
  1. Nick says: Dec 15, 2011 4:41 PM

The Bills avoid the additional embarrassment of JP Losman carving them up for 350 yards and 4 TDs. If only they played the Seahawks next week and Marshawn Lynch could run for 150 and 2 TDs (oh wait!!! they play the Broncos and Willis McGahee will do it).

2. sbxxix says: Dec 15, 2011 4:46 PM

They better win I got em on a 3 teamer

3. buffalodiehard says: Dec 15, 2011 4:48 PM

I was expecting Losman to tear us up this week. Think about it: we have a defensive tackle playing outside linebacker…yet somehow we couldn’t find use for Aaron Maybin.

Now our quarterback has the accuracy of a sawed-off shotgun…

4. lilrob10201 says: Dec 15, 2011 5:00 PM

Want to see something cool ?Click thumbs up on my comment while hitting CTRL at the same time.

5. gtorlone says: Dec 15, 2011 5:01 PM

The fact that you used the words JP Losman and triumphant in the same sentence is mind-boggling. That said, it’s incredible how the Bills have not been able to harvest and grow talent. Seems like everyone who leaves gets better elsewhere.

6. wannstache says: Dec 15, 2011 5:26 PM

I’ll be curious to see how hard the Dolphins play now after so many of them rallied around Sparano. They know playing hard for Bowles won’t matter because he has no shot at the job. As far as auditioning for Peterson and Ireland, I don’t see that as motivation either. They may prefer a fresh start somewhere else with a organization built to win.

7. trbowman says: Dec 15, 2011 5:49 PM

Lame. Would’ve been cool if Losman started.

8. ductguy says: Dec 15, 2011 7:52 PM

In my opinion the season is lost the coach is lost (Ross is lost lol) we should let the back ups play and see what we got so the new coach who ever it may be can see what kind of depth we have and who to consider getting rid of cause with a new coach coming in u already know alot of players are gone sad but true go phins PUKE ON JETS!!!!!

9. phinfan says: Dec 15, 2011 8:22 PM

Matt Moore is obviously the starter of the 2012 season… (bye bye henne – safe travels). And our season is done… why not see what this kid Pat Devlin can do?!?!

10. catquick says: Dec 16, 2011 12:16 AM

Luckily for Moore, he can play with concussion symptoms because the Bills won’t lay a glove on him. He could be staggering and doing sidewinders and they couldn’t get to him.