Hurd’s lawyer denies “double-digit” list of NFL clients

The Sam Hurd story picked up a ton of steam when 670 The Score in Chicago reported that the authorities have a “double-digit” list of Hurd’s clients who are NFL players.

Hurd’s lawyer says that’s not the case.

“I haven’t seen all the material,” David Kenner told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times.  “But we have seen nothing to support that contention.  We believe that is simply not the case.”

While it’s predictable that a lawyer would deny the alleged wrongdoing of his client, we remain skeptical of the notion that Hurd was an established drug kingpin.  Based on the allegations, the player clearly was trying to be a player; he allegedly received a kilogram of cocaine with the intent to sell it.  But if Hurd were running such an extensive operation as he allegedly claimed, selling four kilograms of cocaine per week, hoping to move five more per week, and also wanting to sell 1,000 pounds of marijuana weekly, there would have to be clear and obvious evidence of it, somewhere.

The fact that, in the 24-plus hours since the story broke, no one is reporting anything about the scope or breadth of the operation suggests that there was no operation.

But for the intervention of federal authorities, there may have been an operation.  For now, though, it’s possible if not probable that Hurd was simply bragging in order to inspire respect, admiration, and/or fear in the folks with whom he was dealing.

49 responses to “Hurd’s lawyer denies “double-digit” list of NFL clients

1. “the authorities have a “double-digit” list of Hurd’s clients who are NFL players.
    Hurd’s lawyer says that’s not the case.”

The NFL got to the list pretty quick.

2. Let’s say he wasn’t a kingpin and was just trying to impress his peeps. What would have happened if this had actually been a legit connection? He’d be on the hook for cash he couldn’t supply. No matter how you “cut” this, he’s a dumb SOB.

My thought is that he is the kingpin in a new avenue of drug distribution and got caught on the onset.

Epic fail.

3. Told you that this is what people want to know about, not who does and doesn’t believe the hype about Tebow.

Of course this post probably won’t make it to the board either, but thanks for listening.

4. Meanwhile… the Bears cut him today.

Good riddance – who needs the distraction as the team’s season swirls down the crapper after the Cutler injury (which actually came on a play where the targeted WR slipped on Soldier Field’s crappy turf) – and Forte gets hurt.

Fade to black.

Bulls season starts on Christmas Chicago.

5. List of NFL figures I hope are on Sam Hurd’s “list”:
    1.) Michael Vick
    2.)DeSean Jackson
    3.)Tom Brady
    4.) Rex Ryan
    5.) Jerruh Jones
    6.)DeAngelo Hall
    7.)Dan Snyder
    8.)Al Michaels
    9.)Cris Collinsworth
    10.)Michael Irvin (just for old times sake)
    11.)Jerry Angelo
    12.)Lovie Smith
    13.)Aqib Talib (and his mom)
    14.)Ndamukong Suh

It’s my Christmas list, Santa. Make it happen!

6. Like I said before, he was a Dallas Cowboy, so that is a good enough explanation. Roy Williams is smart enough to not do this because he’ll drop the dope like he drops catches with his stone hands.

7. This article makes zero sense…so they are basically saying Hurd made all of this up??? He was caught by the feds whom had been onto him for a while.! He obviously was selling drugs, what retard would lie about how much they want to buy.

8. thingamajig says:Dec 16, 2011 5:19 PM

Hurd’s lawyer says that’s not the case.”

The NFL got to the list pretty quick.
    ————————————————
    I think when they say authorities there talking about the FEDS not the NFL . There talking about a list of players .

9. List of NFL figures I hope are on Sam Hurd’s “list”:
    1.) Michael Vick
    2.)DeSean Jackson
    3.)Tom Brady
    4.) Rex Ryan
    5.) Jerruh Jones
    6.)DeAngelo Hall
    7.)Dan Snyder
    8.)Al Michaels
    9.)Cris Collinsworth
    10.)Michael Irvin (just for old times sake)
    11.)Jerry Angelo
    12.)Lovie Smith
    13.)Aqib Talib (and his mom)
    14.)Ndamukong Suh

It’s my Christmas list, Santa. Make it happen!
    ——————-

bahaha certified best comment of the article

10. i guess i shouldnt be amazed at some of the ignorant comments people leave up . smh i dont wish bad on anyone especially people that i`ve never came in contact with like this guy gcsuck

11. 4 to 5 kilos, a ton of weed a week and only one arrest? Yeah ok, lol Don’t you think you’d need an operation with 10 or 20 people to process and move that much dope? Why didn’t they raid this guys home and the drug houses? Seems to me that Hurd listened to one too many rap songs. He’s going to get time for possession (from the restaurant to his car, lol) and INTENT to deliver. That’s about it.

He’s now lost his career, millions of dollars, probably his home and possibly his wife and kids. Hurd just might be the most naive and dumbest “big time” drug dealer in the history of the world. I think he’s closer to wannabe blowing smoke than a big time drug dealer.

12. Goodoink is making sure the full list is never revealed. No players…no coaches…no owners…no league….no Goodoink.

13. Tim says:
    Dec 16, 2011 5:22 PM
    Why do people smile in mugshots??
    ———————————————————
    Because it isn’t a mugshot. That’s his team photo. From happier days. Like before yesterday.

14. Who the hell is Sam Hurd? I watch a good 6-10 hours of football/highlights a week and for getting such a large contract I would think I would’ve heard of him before now…

Maybe there’s more wrong in Chicago than just not having a QB.

15. With some professional athletes the greed will only end when they go to prison. Then when they get out, it starts all over again. Whatta waste!!!

16. *Cue “Thank you notes” music from Late Night* Thank you Rollore for your idiotic comment and for proving you’re an idiot by confirming you’ve taken the time to post your idiocy here before.

Hurd being a former Cowboy has nothing to do with the facts of the case, many of which haven’t been revealed yet. Last I checked, no one is looking for an explaination, because there isn’t a good one. We’re looking for facts.

17. Gosh, and we all know we can believe what a professional liar…..err I mean professional lawyer says

18. Why argue double digits. Let’s make it 9 clients, that makes it a lot better. What a joke!

19. Sam was working towards “Freedom 35”. Now he is looking at Freedom 65, with a little time off for good behavior.

20. “rollore says: Dec 16, 2011 5:28 PM

Like I said before, he was a Dallas Cowboy, so that is a good enough explanation. Roy Williams is smart enough to not do this because he’ll drop the dope like he drops catches with his stone hands.”

Crawl back under your rock, Troll. This has nothing to do with any team. It has to do with a guy that, if proven guilty, is just a dirt-bag. I can’t stand the Eagles but if he was a part of their organization when he got busted, I wouldn’t be saying “Oh, well he was an Eagle. What did you expect?” Get a life dude.

21. The list is irrelevant if the list is indeed a list of clients who bought for personal use.

1. LEO works up in the drug world, not down.

2. It’s almost impossible to prosecute personal use after the fact – admitting to personal use wouldn’t even result in an arrest let alone a conviction.

3. Without a positive drug test any player the NFL will be hard pressed to issue any enforceable punishment on a player for being named without any corroborating evidence by a guy facing multiple decades in prison.

If Hurd had said this list contained names of players higher up the drug peddaling food chain then I’d be interested. As it stands, nothing to see here. Run along.

22. “E” to the “S” to the “P” to the “N”,
    Is all I watch ’cause I’m the man.
    If my team loses I’ll be mean all night
    If you tell me to relax we’ll get in a fight.
    Watching sports with girls is a pain,
    They don’t know the rules, there’s no time to explain.
    Single, Double, Triple, Home run.
    For the celebration I’ll shoot my gun.
    I Like my friend he’s a real guy’s guy,
    He’s not a loud mouth like those dbags gcsuk and rollore.

23. It’s funny, because the previous stories that you wrote about it made it sound like he WAS moving that much per week. OBVIOUSLY he wasn’t. It doesn’t take a drug dealer to figure that out.

24. howley1 says:
    Dec 16, 2011 7:37 PM
    “E” to the “S” to the “P” to the “N”,
    Is all I watch ’cause I’m the man.
    If my team loses I’ll be mean all night
    If you tell me to relax we’ll get in a fight.
    Watching sports with girls is a pain,
    They don’t know the rules, there’s no time to explain.
    Single, Double, Triple, Home run.
    For the celebration I’ll shoot my gun.
    I Like my friend he’s a real guy’s guy,
    He’s not a loud mouth like those dbags gcsuk and roll ore.
    ——————————————————

Wow, you’re quite the poet. So you’re
    talking about getting in fights, being mean if your team loses, and shooting your gun, and I’M the d-bag?

Lighten up, pal, it’s sports! It’s not meant to be taken as seriously as, oh say, raising your kids right or being able to pay your rent/mortgage. IT’S SPORTS…ENTERTAINMENT! The people who do it for a living don’t even take it that seriously.

I guess I wish I was like you, and had NOTHING else to worry about in the world except for if “my team” won or lost. I, unfortunately, worry about the things I have control over and things that REALLY affect my life and family.

25. mlmeier says:
    Dec 16, 2011 5:45 PM
    @gcsuk how can you hate on Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth? They’re two of the more likable broadcasters working today?
    ——————————————————–
    If by “likable” you mean “smarmy and self-aggrandizing”, then I agree 100%.

26. mlmeier says:Dec 16, 2011 5:45 PM

__________________________________

Mitch is that you?

27. The list has been destroyed. But fans can rest assured, before it was shredded, Roger Goodell looked at it and he didn’t see any names of NFL players on it. Case closed.

28. Is there a victim here? How can there be a crime without the complaint of a victim?
    Legalize drugs! Priests are legal and they have victims. Legalize drugs!

29. “Lighten up, pal, it’s sports! It’s not meant to be taken as seriously”

Relax, it’s just a song. Glad you took it so seriously that you had to write a three paragraph short story about it <—- LOL

30. Some people get breaks in life, like signing million dollar contracts but that just isn’t good enough. They have revert back to the days they hung around with petty thieves and druggies. Piece of advice to others that make it in life. Count yourself grateful as you have been given a break most others only dream of. Losers!

31. The one thing I took from this whole thing was that…Hurd must have been getting some middie-garbage chron for $400 a LB….GROSS

32. That turd started in Dallas and tried to get the hook up to take to Chicago, he leaves cash for his boy to make the deal,his boy gets busted, he then comes up with a bull bank note that didn’t add up to the $88,000 his boy was caught with,( by the way, what kind of car cost 88 large to detail. Then gets to Chicago and hooks up with the same informer from busted deal, and tries to set up shop from a local dealer. The Dallas supplier ratted him out for taking business up north and Chicago dealer ratted cause he was gonna infringe on his turf and didn’t want the heat for the double tap to his dome .

33. Dude should add Dan Dierdorf to his list and make it a Top 15 of the “double digit” client list of “Drug Kingpin” “special-teams maven” Sam Hurd. Hopefully, Santa is as real as Hurd’s drugOccupy Chicago empire.

34. HEY MaN! anyone know where I can get some of that majic dust for Christmas my man Hurd left me all strung out

35. i sure see a a lot of dallas defenders… maybe vox is back?

if there are players in double digits on a list, i bet half are current or former cowboys. white house, anyone?

leap may have a point. someone else in the industry was already paying protection money…