SNL chimes in on Tebowmania

New York Giants v New Orleans Saints Getty Images

In the latest piece of evidence demonstrating the power of Tebowmania, the Broncos and quarterback Tim Tebow have now become the subject of a skit on Saturday Night Live.

During last night’s excellent Christmas show hosted by Jimmy Fallon and featuring a broad range of surprise guests (including Jude Law, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Tracy Morgan, Chris Kattan, Horatio Sanz), the folks on the eighth floor of 30 Rock cooked up a little something featuring Tim Tebow (i.e., Taran Killam pretending to be Tebow), some of his teammates, and Jason Sudeikis as next Sunday’s birthday boy.

Among other things, Sudeikis as Jesus asks Killam as Tebow to “take it down a notch.”

Here it is, via Hulu.com.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
27 Responses to “SNL chimes in on Tebowmania”
  1. bearsrulepackdrool says: Dec 18, 2011 11:58 AM

Only a matter of time before SNL got to it.
    This madness needs to end.

2. bearsrulepackdrool says: Dec 18, 2011 12:03 PM

“The Holy Bible is my playbook.”

3. tebowsgonnagitya says: Dec 18, 2011 12:07 PM

They do know they are underscoring what most of America already knew right…? I’m guessing there were 0 jokes about Fallon’s sexuality. Some groups are OK to pick on, picking on some other groups makes you a biggot. Double standard.

4. soia311 says: Dec 18, 2011 12:14 PM

tebowsgonnagitya is being a girl.

5. cleverbob says: Dec 18, 2011 12:15 PM

Wait, does this mean SNL is funny again? Been awhile…

6. joetoronto says: Dec 18, 2011 12:19 PM

I thought it was funny, but unlike some people here, i”m ready to laugh when I watch comedy.

7. trbowman says: Dec 18, 2011 12:23 PM

SNL, I remember when it used to be funny.

8. fringetastic says: Dec 18, 2011 12:28 PM

I’m so sick of hearing about Tebow, I’ve turned the TV off. Yeah, that sick of it. No pre-game or post-game shows for me. And this is my last page view on a Tebow article, too. Why not talk about Skelton just as much.

Sick. Of. It.

9. YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says: Dec 18, 2011 12:29 PM

I don’t know whats more astonishing, the Broncos current run or SNL producing an entertaining bit.

Jason Sudeikis rules.

10. mr86ism says: Dec 18, 2011 12:32 PM

Tebow articles get the most comments haaaa.mostly negative but it really doesnt matter.when tebow is on everybody watches and those with the negative comments cant stand the fact that they hate that they love it

11. buzzbissinger says: Dec 18, 2011 12:33 PM

plug, plug, plug…

12. bearsrulepackdrool says: Dec 18, 2011 12:38 PM

tebowsgonnagitya says:
    Dec 18, 2011 12:07 PM
    ___________________________

I take it you don’t watch. They make fun of everybody (or at least the flavor of the week).

13. gerard33 says: Dec 18, 2011 12:42 PM

Sudeikis, real life Chiefs fan. So is Paul Rudd. good job boys! go KC

14. frankdatank23 says: Dec 18, 2011 12:52 PM

pretty bad…….. could have been awesome but the dialog was crap. Jesus even said himself. “medium joke at best” I thought the “dad bless him” was almost clever tho.

They could have had it go like this…..

Jesus makes a “quick visit” to forewarn that its not his fault when denver plays new england.

Jesus: ” Hey you guys have been playing great, and all the attention i’m getting is cool, no doubt. But this ship’s goin down baby, this run is about to end. I just need some space right now, Tim. PEACE !!! I’m out.

15. raiders757 says: Dec 18, 2011 12:59 PM

joetoronto says: Dec 18, 2011 12:19 PM

————————————————

I’m always ready to laugh when I tune into SNL, sadly they haven’t make me truly laugh in over a decade. The just isn’t funny anymore at all.

…and Flo, SNL doing a skit about an NFL player who’s been over-exposed by the media is hardly a “piece of evidence demonstrating the power of Tebowmania”. It just backs up the majority that has been saying enough is enough already.

16. danielcp0303 says: Dec 18, 2011 1:01 PM

Great SNL episode, the only funny one in a long while.

17. catdelmonte says: Dec 18, 2011 1:03 PM

vikingsprimetime you just did the exact thing you were complaining about

18. TheWizard says: Dec 18, 2011 1:03 PM

Funny clip.

Glad we don’t have to worry about the christians resorting to brutality and terrorism as a result of it.

19. cleverbob says: Dec 18, 2011 1:09 PM

frankdatank23 says:
    Dec 18, 2011 12:52 PM

They could have had it go like this…..

====================================

Don’t quit your day job.

20. twitter:Chapman_Jamie says: Dec 18, 2011 1:48 PM

SNL hasn’t been funny since Chris Farley died.

21. bleed4philly says: Dec 18, 2011 1:53 PM

More fuel to the tebow fire.

22. tomsd1 says: Dec 18, 2011 2:25 PM

Thanks for reporting this. As one who now goes to bed a lot earlier than when SNL was the best thing going – would have missed it except for your blog.

23. kennyrogerschicken says: Dec 18, 2011 2:49 PM

tebowsgonnagitya says: Dec 18, 2011 12:07 PM

——————————————-

Wah.

24. hatesycophants says: Dec 18, 2011 3:34 PM

@Thewizard,

I take it you are dismissive of the tens of millions of people who have been murdered in the name of Christianity? Stop denigrating the word of Almighty God with this bs, you and Tebow.

Go Lions! Go Badgers!

25. TheWizard says: Dec 18, 2011 4:14 PM

Name the most recent instance.

26. jm1122 says: Dec 19, 2011 1:51 PM

…well done snl…thanks for not being afraid to openly mock tebow, jebus, & chrisitiany in the same skit…

27. tomsd1 says: Dec 19, 2011 3:03 PM

Hear hear – and can we all remember – that SNL is meant to mock just about everything – so one shouldn’t feel that badly if you Sacred Cow is getting gored.