Tebow says he’s ready for cold-weather time

New England Patriots v Denver Broncos Getty Images

When the Broncos face the Bills in Buffalo on Saturday, the temperature is expected to be in the 30s.  And as Jeff Legwold and Tom Kensler of the Denver Post point out, it’s likely to be the coldest game quarterback Tim Tebow has started, in his entire life.

Coach John Fox isn’t concerned about Tebow’s adaptation to winter weather in game situations.  “He’s practiced out here for almost two years now, so I think he’s had his share of inclement weather,” Fox said. “I don’t foresee that being a problem.”

But it will be a problem for anyone hoping to catch a glimpse of Tebow’s “which way to the beach?” biceps.

“I’ve never worn sleeves, but I’ve been wearing sleeves in practice this week to try to get used to that,” Tebow said.  “I won’t wear a glove, maybe on my right hand, but not on my [left] hand.  I don’t plan to, anyway.”

Tebow grew up in Florida, and he played college football in Gainesville.  He told the Post that he thought he had played a cold-weather game at South Carolina, but the Post explains that the conditions were in the 50s at kickoff, dropping to the 40s later in the contest.

Another Florida native who once played for the Bills is rooting for low temperatures plus precipitation.  “I’m looking forward to playing in the snow,” running back Willis McGahee said. “I haven’t played in the snow in a long time.”

I could make a crack to close this thing out about Tebow being able to control the weather, but that would be too obvious.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
34 Responses to “Tebow says he’s ready for cold-weather time”
  1. joetoronto says: Dec 24, 2011 7:05 AM

If I remember correctly, Denver isn’t exactly Hawaii when it comes to temperature.

WTF is he talking about?

2. adderalljack says: Dec 24, 2011 7:10 AM

Should be an interesting off-season in the Mile High. Would hate to be in Elway’s shoes.

3. n0hopeleft says: Dec 24, 2011 7:10 AM

Repent!!!!!

4. steelersownyou says: Dec 24, 2011 8:03 AM

Haha I love these floeida guys try to act all tough about cold weather, but fact is they all suck when they play in it…Cold weather in January is Steelers time….All you Tebow fools better recognize…We coming to mile high to give Tebow a lil steel curtain treatment!

5. speedlimit41 says: Dec 24, 2011 8:04 AM

Jesus loves snow…..

6. kwgator says: Dec 24, 2011 8:05 AM

adderalljack says: Dec 24, 2011 7:10 AM

—————————————————-

Yeah, I’d hate to be in Elway’s shoes too. There are a ton of QBs 7-2 this year. Plus, the other QBs in Tebow’s draft class are really tearing it up: Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Mike Kafka ect

7. randomguy9999 says: Dec 24, 2011 8:11 AM

is he ready to put up more than 200 yards and 1 TD in the air?…..

no way they make it past the first playoff game without putting up 300 and 3…..

8. rmm9090 says: Dec 24, 2011 8:25 AM

I could make a crack about how all the tools here at PFT have a “jones” for TeBLOW, but it would be too obvious.

9. canetic says: Dec 24, 2011 8:33 AM

And in somewhat of a surprise, Buffalonians woke up to temperatures in the low 80′s this morning.

10. acieu says: Dec 24, 2011 8:42 AM

How can Tebow be playing today isn’t he going to be born in the morning?

11. raiders757 says: Dec 24, 2011 9:04 AM

Today Tebow gets teabagged by the Buffalo Bills.

12. zor9999 says: Dec 24, 2011 9:09 AM

At 1:00 the temperature will be sunny and 31 degrees with a 10% chance of Precipitation. By the end of the game it will be 0%. Zero snow on the ground.

It’s really not that bad for Buffalo at this time of year.

13. damko12 says: Dec 24, 2011 9:22 AM

so are the patriots 11-0 in snow baby!

14. ozierdisaster3335 says: Dec 24, 2011 9:26 AM

Some of these comments are ridiculous, just let tebow play football, seriously

15. ghjjf says: Dec 24, 2011 9:36 AM

Can you please write an article about all the other players that are also ready for the cold weather?

16. garyman1 says: Dec 24, 2011 9:41 AM

It’s going to really get uncomfortable if Tebow makes snow angels in the snow after every touchdown.

17. bunjy96 says: Dec 24, 2011 9:50 AM

A few minutes ago it was 23. High 32.
    30% chance precipitation.

18. sportssportssportssports says: Dec 24, 2011 10:03 AM

yeah I’m sure Tim Tebow is the only NFL player with big biceps….

19. broncosfan29 says: Dec 24, 2011 10:08 AM

@steelersownyou

If denver wins out and houston loses next week, you go to houston, where you lost already this year. remember? you couldn’t stop arian foster. 30 carries 155 yds and 1TD. REMEMBER THAT? FOOL!!!!!!!

20. sterilizecromartie says: Dec 24, 2011 10:16 AM

Just a quick question: How are people still bashing this kid?

7-2 as a starter.

Brought a 1-4 team to division title contention.

A respectable 84 QB rating, with 11 TDs and only 2 picks, while tacking on 600 yards and 5 TDs on the ground.

How can you possibly still doubt him?

21. adm350 says: Dec 24, 2011 10:33 AM

Didn’t you all watch SNL? Jesus took last week off….. But he’s baaaack! It’s Tebow time. As an iggle fan….I was wondering…..Lord, since you only spend the 4th Q in Denver, can you swing by Dallas early and deliver us from a loss. Thanks. Birdsfan-Amen

22. patsfiend says: Dec 24, 2011 10:36 AM

He’s going to have trouble throwing the ball, whether it’s 20 degrees or 80 degrees, but if it snows he’s really going to be in trouble. That’s okay though, because I’m sure they can just run it on the Bills, and since he plays in Denver he’ll figure it out eventually. After all, according to Phil Simms, Tebow has the same mechanics to Tom Brady (gagging on my egg nog.)

23. derekjetersmansion says: Dec 24, 2011 10:44 AM

I remember seeing something about Roscoe Parrish (The U) being legitimately scared when he first saw snow falling.

24. adderalljack says: Dec 24, 2011 10:45 AM

kwgator said: Yeah, I’d hate to be in Elway’s shoes too. There are a ton of QBs 7-2 this year. Plus, the other QBs in Tebow’s draft class are really tearing it up: Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Mike Kafka…

Gator, I would never wish a qb controversy on anyone (except the Bears), but Denver has to bring in at least 2 quarterbacks. While I am not a Tebow-basher, I (along with MOST objective fans) am far from sold.

25. derekjetersmansion says: Dec 24, 2011 10:46 AM

Bills free safety Troy Vincent shared a story about how Parrish responded when 18 inches of snow recently fell in Buffalo.

“I’m outside cleaning off my minivan and there is this truck that pulls up right beside me to pick up Roscoe,” Vincent said. “I’m looking over and this truck has been sitting there for about 15, 20 minutes. I’m wondering if Roscoe is coming out, so I go over and see some eyes looking through the blinds. I’m wondering what’s wrong and they say he won’t come outside … that he’s scared of the snow. Then it dawned on me that he’s from Miami and it was the first time he’d ever seen snow.

26. cowhawkfan says: Dec 24, 2011 11:02 AM

As a non-religious guy, I have to ask…What are we, in Junior High? The Tebow religious jokes got old after two games. Grow up.

27. 7pints says: Dec 24, 2011 11:39 AM

@raiders757

You may want to worry about your own team, first. You know that team that is on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

28. huskersrock1 says: Dec 24, 2011 11:43 AM

adderalljack says: Dec 24, 2011 7:10 AM

Lets see HoF QB, HUGE car dealer, VP operations of a NFL team. Yea I would hate to be in Elways shoes right now.

29. billsfan1 says: Dec 24, 2011 11:52 AM

first off doesnt it snow in colorado? secondly, in an effort to even the odds , the NFL is forcing the Buffalo Bills to take the field. Any disadvantage that Tebow would have playing in the cold, will immediately be negated by playing against the Buffalo Bills.

Tim Tebow can complete 9% of his passes for 12.5 yards and 3 picks and Denver can still win by 27. Why? because the Buffalo Bills will still have to play..
    advantage everybody else.

30. randomguy9999 says: Dec 24, 2011 11:58 AM

sterilizecromartie says:
    Dec 24, 2011 10:16 AM
    Just a quick question: How are people still bashing this kid?

7-2 as a starter.

Brought a 1-4 team to division title contention.

How can you possibly still doubt him?

================================
    he’s 7-3 as a starter, not 7-2… and that’s largely due to a top flight defense and running game streak….

his per game passing averages are:
    83.6 rating
    1.1 TD
    134.9 yards

those are not respectable….. they are backup numbers…. at best…

and if it were anyone else, there would be rampant discussion about what Elway is gonna do about getting a real passer so they can make a real playoff run.

don’t get me wrong… I admire the guys devotion to his belief and his work ethic (which may eventually fix his poor passing numbers, if he gets enough time)

what I don’t buy into is ignoring the facts…. which will catch up with him soon if he doesn’t improve dramatically….

31. mmmpierogi says: Dec 24, 2011 12:08 PM

I’m sure he’ll adapt – the 30′s isn’t that incredibly cold. If this guy can’t hack it in 25 to 30-degree weather, he’s got far bigger problems.

32. cowhawkfan says: Dec 24, 2011 12:26 PM

@randomguy999

I don’t disagree with anything you said. But, it’s only been 1o starts and really no offseason. Those numbers are not respectable in your third year as a starter, but IMHO they are for this point in his career. If after a full off season he’s got the same numbers after 8, maybe 4, games next year I think he’s benched if the Broncos have a decent alternative.

33. rexachss says: Dec 24, 2011 12:27 PM

McGahee is full of crap his first cold.weather game here in Buffalo he went in @ halftime and put on a visor and elbow pads and was ineffective for the rest of the day! !!!

34. randomguy9999 says: Dec 24, 2011 8:50 PM

cowhawkfan:

Maybe he’ll get that chance, but the NFL tends to be pretty cruel about that… the 4 ints today and falling to 7-4 and putting up <200 again is a bad omen…..

Elway will be drafting or trading for strong arm QBs guaranteed….