Swelling has gone down in Romo’s hand

Philadelphia Eagles v Dallas Cowboys Getty Images

The Cowboys don’t plan to sign another quarterback to the roster because they are so confident in Tony Romo’s health.

Just two days after Romo’s injury against the Eagles, swelling has already gone in Romo’s hand.

Asked Monday if Romo could grip a football, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Romo had a “relatively firm handshake.” So that’s good to know.

Further tests on Romo’s hand confirmed he suffered no breaks. He’s fully expected to start Sunday night against the Giants and it sounds like Romo may be able to practice on Wednesday.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Swelling has gone down in Romo’s hand”
  1. howley1 says: Dec 26, 2011 7:07 PM

I hope it’s a windy night.

2. superboys5x says: Dec 26, 2011 7:17 PM

I hope Tony can finish of a very strong season “by him” and carry Dallas to the playoffs. The D has been a disappointment and Tony has been the reason they even are in contention.

3. ezwriter69 says: Dec 26, 2011 7:22 PM

4. east96st says: Dec 26, 2011 7:56 PM

“So he’ll be a “warrior” for playing, and have a built in excuse when he fails. Perfect.”

I think the problem in Dallas is the GM, not the QB.

5. melikefootball says: Dec 26, 2011 8:55 PM

Aren’t we all so exicited to hear this great news…. you would think his hand was hanging on by a thread.

6. paulsmith107 says: Dec 26, 2011 9:06 PM

A built in excuse to fail ha I can’t wait till he lights up the giants and end that garbage teams season in that dump of a town and stadium FYI east Rutherford is in new jersey

7. gangsterg22 says: Dec 26, 2011 9:25 PM

Good news. The Giants d line get a chance to end Romo’s career, either physically or with a loss.

Happy new year, Tony.

8. usmutts says: Dec 26, 2011 9:30 PM

Yes, the problem in Dallas is not the swelling in Romo’s hand, it’s the swelling in Jones’ head.

9. manuich1 says: Dec 26, 2011 10:47 PM

Huh no interviews with Romo himself, just the coach. Smells fishy to me. Doesn’t matter anyhow with JPP playing lights out and Tuck finally healthy its not going to matter who’s playing QB.

10. quadya says: Dec 26, 2011 10:58 PM

Firm handshake my ass. We all saw his hand. It’s been 2 days. Trust me it still hurts.

11. jerseyshoregiant says: Dec 27, 2011 12:11 AM

east96st says:Dec 26, 2011 7:56 PM

I think the problem in Dallas is the GM, not the QB.
    ———————————————
    And you probably still believe Austin lost the ball in the lights!

12. east96st says: Dec 27, 2011 2:42 AM

“And you probably still believe Austin lost the ball in the lights!”

Brother, I’ve been bleeding blue probably for decades before you were even a sparkle in your mommy’s eye. Do the names Bob Tucker, Norm Snead, and Spider Lockhart mean anything to you? Are you telling me Eli never missed an open receiver? Brady? Brees? They all have. I can’t stand the Cowboys, Texans in general, and the only part of Texas I find semi-tolerable is Austin. Doesn’t mean Romo’s a drama queen or a bad QB. Clearly, you never had the misfortune of working for an organization where the owner is a blithering idiot and hires all his kids to help make things worse. Be thankful.

13. bobdawg602 says: Dec 27, 2011 7:19 AM

He should soak it in cider.