Justin Tuck: Yes, I still hate the Cowboys

New York Giants v Dallas Cowboys Getty Images

Giants defensive end Justin Tuck has said repeatedly that he hates the Cowboys. With the two teams meeting one more time and the NFC East on the line Sunday night, Tuck wants to make clear that nothing has changed.

“I’ve been quoted many times saying I hate the Cowboys and that’s still true,” Tuck told the New York Daily News. “I know our crowd is going to be fired up for this game. Playoff atmosphere, Sunday night, winner take all. I know our fans hate the Cowboys as much as I do. So it will be fun. There you go, I just said it.”

Asked if he’s confident that the Giants will take care of business on Sunday night, Tuck seemed surprised by the question.

“Are you asking me if I think we’re going to win the game? What do you expect me to say?” Tuck said. “I mean, hey, I think we’re going to win the football game.”

Permalink 43 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
43 Responses to “Justin Tuck: Yes, I still hate the Cowboys”
  1. fissels says: Dec 27, 2011 11:19 AM

I don’t hate you Justin. I don’t waste my time hating

2. itsmammoth says: Dec 27, 2011 11:20 AM

Can’t wait to watch the Giants get punked.

3. twitter:Chapman_Jamie says: Dec 27, 2011 11:25 AM

Smartest answer a football player has ever given to that dumb a$$ question.

4. test2402 says: Dec 27, 2011 11:34 AM

Justin tuck likes Tim Tebow.

5. DubZ480 says: Dec 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Who Doesn’t Hate the Cowboys! Another December Meltdown for the Boys… too bad this game being played in January. Oh wait Cowboys lose in January too!!

6. hellawaitsusall says: Dec 27, 2011 11:41 AM

Everybody hates the Cowboys.

7. worldwidebleater says: Dec 27, 2011 11:42 AM

What’s there to hate about the Cowboys? Certainly not smugness or egregious slurping by ESPN.

8. fittytuckin says: Dec 27, 2011 11:42 AM

Wouldn’t be suprised at some point in his career that he’ll be playing for them.

9. jacunn2000 says: Dec 27, 2011 11:58 AM

And the Cowboy’s still hate you Justin. Now lets go get a sandwich.

10. flyinhighwithvick says: Dec 27, 2011 12:04 PM

My the Giants do an awful lot of talking for an 8 win team.

11. cowboyscanada says: Dec 27, 2011 12:05 PM

Game will be tough for Dallas, but the ‘boys will do it I think. Would love to see Tuck eat his words. It’ll happen Sunday night!

12. marionbarber24isgod says: Dec 27, 2011 12:14 PM

It will be a good game thats for sure. But don’t put this one in the books just yet for the Giants.

13. tatatoothy says: Dec 27, 2011 12:30 PM

And Rex Ryan still hates healthy foods

14. collegeref says: Dec 27, 2011 12:36 PM

Does anyone else find it interesting that you never hear Cowboys players saying that they hate other teams? I’m just saying….I guess its tough to hate the entire league.

15. jasku880 says: Dec 27, 2011 12:39 PM

if you dont like good ol’ trash talking between rivals, then sports is NOT for you.

16. dikshuttle says: Dec 27, 2011 12:42 PM

Les’see – two teams backing into the playoffs, fighting to decide who wants it the LEAST.

Teh Ginas loose to perennial bottom dwellers and the Cowpatties can’t beat the next worse team who’s already eliminated.

…I’ll take the under. jk.

What time do Burn Notice reruns start?

17. hyperalgesia says: Dec 27, 2011 12:50 PM

Tuck also said there’s nothing he can do to stop Ware hating Manning. I mean hitting…

18. Kya_Tropic_Fan says: Dec 27, 2011 12:52 PM

flyinhighwithvick says: Dec 27, 2011 12:04 PM

My the Giants do an awful lot of talking for an 8 win team.
    _____________________________

You spelled Jets wrong…

19. ragingmouse says: Dec 27, 2011 12:58 PM

“don’t have the “players, hate the game”…

20. mtm1321 says: Dec 27, 2011 1:02 PM

Who doesn’t hate the cowboys? Most overrated, underachieving team in years in the NFL.

21. lioncrazy says: Dec 27, 2011 1:11 PM

I think about everyone hates the Cowboys. So, go figure an opposition player hating them….that’s breaking news for the ages!!!!

22. fissels says: Dec 27, 2011 1:21 PM

jcun2000said:
    And the Cowboy’s still hate you Justin. Now lets go get a sandwich.

How about getting an F-ing snack!

23. yournuts says: Dec 27, 2011 1:22 PM

I love his attitude. You have to have this kind of mentality for this kind of game. Go Giants!

24. ebeg420 says: Dec 27, 2011 1:25 PM

hyper, that has to be the worst joke ever!!!

25. totallyuselessme says: Dec 27, 2011 1:32 PM

In other news, the sky is blue.

This is news? Seriously?

26. descendency says: Dec 27, 2011 1:33 PM

flyinhighwithvick says:
    Dec 27, 2011 12:04 PM
    My the Giants do an awful lot of talking for an 8 win team.

————————————-

Irony: A fan of an 8 win team talking trash to the players from an 8 win team because they talk trash.

27. starderup says: Dec 27, 2011 1:34 PM

The Giants are America’s Team! The Alice Cowboys declared that for themselves, so I declare otherwise.
    Cowboys are a bunch of, well, let’s just say it rhymes with Romos.

28. cgarsmoker says: Dec 27, 2011 1:37 PM

The Giants are as bad as the Jets……Yap yap yap before every game. Sheesh!

29. blackqbwhiterb says: Dec 27, 2011 1:43 PM

Let ‘er Rip!!!!!! Can’t wait!! I’m a Redskins fan, but I look forward to this as an exciting compelling matchup….

Of course, I’m glad you asked- Naturally I’m rooting for the Giants, I hate the Cowboys!!!

30. trbowman says: Dec 27, 2011 1:48 PM

Go Irish!

31. east96st says: Dec 27, 2011 1:51 PM

flyinhighwithvick says: “My the Giants do an awful lot of talking for an 8 win team.”

Absolutely the best laugh on PFT today. The Giants, their fans, Dallas, and their fans, could talk for another five years and STILL not talk as much as the fans of the “Dream Team” did this August. How did you assclowns enjoy your “Super Bowl guaranteed” season? No matter what happens on Sunday, it doesn’t change the fact that the punchline to funniest joke the NFL has seen in it’s entire existence is “the Philadelphia Eagles and their fans”.

32. thefiesty1 says: Dec 27, 2011 1:55 PM

The CowBabies will choke, AGAIN! That’s why so many people hate them.

33. n0hopeleft says: Dec 27, 2011 2:00 PM

flyinhighwithvick says:
    Dec 27, 2011 12:04 PM
    My the Giants do an awful lot of talking for an 8 win team.

___________________________________

You’re a moron. He answered the question that was asked of him.

Its not like our backup QB deemed us the Dream Team before the season started.

How many wins do you have with the convict and the softest DB in the game?

Philly = THE EMPTY TROPHY CASE CLAN!

34. n0hopeleft says: Dec 27, 2011 2:06 PM

descendency says:
    Dec 27, 2011 1:33 PM
    flyinhighwithvick says:
    Dec 27, 2011 12:04 PM
    My the Giants do an awful lot of talking for an 8 win team.

————————————-

___________________________________

Even more ironic = NO RINGS yet still talking like his team gives him the right.

Eagles fans are a complete joke.

35. realdeal12 says: Dec 27, 2011 2:12 PM

And we still hate you Tuck!

You and your eraser-head.

Tell Canty he should be playin hockey with that ridiculous facemask of his.

36. grilledjesus says: Dec 27, 2011 2:34 PM

dikshuttle says:
    Dec 27, 2011 12:42 PM
    Teh Ginas loose
    _________________________________

Pretty sure that’s a typo, but it still made me lawl.

37. jhastrello says: Dec 27, 2011 2:54 PM

I listened to a Radio Interview done several weeks ago (just prior to the Giants Game) on this same subject. Funny, that is not what he said when interviewed on ESPN then.

When he talks to the NY News, he gives them what they and the surrounding fan base want to hear. When he is interviewed by ESPN, he backtracks.

Both teams will show up, and one of them will win the game and be the NFC East Champion.

I don’t think that there is anything I can really point to given the last 4 games that the Cowboys have played, but Romo has been very, very good this year – performance wise once we got past the 1st Qtr of the Season. Our (Cowboys) problems have not been scoring, but rather giving games away in the 4th Qtr (the Defense).

38. andyreidcarboload says: Dec 27, 2011 2:56 PM

DJ Ware > DeMarcus Ware

39. flyinhighwithvick says: Dec 27, 2011 3:44 PM

The only point I was trying to make was that teams like the Packers, Saints, Pats, 49ers…you don’t hear a peep out of them. Was Vince Young stupid for making the comment he did? Of course. But he he said it before the season started. And at the beginning of the season, most of the “experts” had the Eagles going to the Super Bowl anyway with all the acquisitions they made. Vince Young was just stupid enough to say it.

I can’t say I don’t get a kick out of firing up all the “message board lifers” on here though, that’s always fun.

And Giant fans can make all the convict comments they want. Two words: Lawrence Taylor.

Good talk kids.

40. cowboychris5xchamps says: Dec 27, 2011 4:18 PM

For as many mouth breathing, comic book collecting, Star Trek watching losers that hate the Cowboys there’s 3 times as many people who have perspective in life and love Americas team aka The Dallas Cowboys! I’ve been to 40 of our 50 states and always see a Cowboys sticker on a car or t-shirt on a person hell I’ve seen Cowboys fans in Jamaica,Costa Rica, Spain, and even Greece so to those of you who have never even left your front yard in your miserable little town keep on hating it just fuels us!

41. howley1 says: Dec 27, 2011 4:32 PM

Justin Tuck hates the Cowboys because he hasn’t sacked a Cowboys QB since the 2008 season.

42. bigbluelou says: Dec 27, 2011 4:36 PM

Maybe it will come down to a FG to win for Dallas and Romo can’t catch the snap with his brusied hand. WOOHOO!

43. chocolatebaconbutter says: Dec 27, 2011 6:19 PM

True story:

I went to the Cardinals/Cowboys game here in Phoenix this year. Probably 40-45% Cowboys fans in the stadium. These dudes were all smiles and high fives most of the game… till the Cards tied it up in the 4th. Then the wheels came off. Fights, cursing, just acting like aholes in general. You guys know the result of the game. It was brutal getting out of that place. Excuses, whining, and a lot of “WANNA FIGHT?!”

Cowboy fans are just morons. Can’t wait to watch the Giants end your season again.

PS, for what it’s worth. I hope Tony Romo is your quarterback forever. Cause that guy is horrible. Please never get rid of this guy. It’s almost like he plays for the other team.