The Raiders aren’t going to the playoffs after losing three of their last four games.
1. It would be shocking if Raiders defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan isn’t let go after the season. Despite a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball, the Raiders entered Sunday’s game 29th in points allowed. It was an underachieving group all year and this performance was typical.
The Raiders defense gave up 520 yards to the Chargers.
2. Carson Palmer threw for more than 400 yards. Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey each topped 100 yards. And it didn’t matter. Palmer had to play flawless, and he didn’t. Palmer finishes with 13 touchdowns and 16 picks for the year.
He did a terrible job with clock management at the end of the first half, giving up a chance for points.
3. A positive for Oakland: The Raiders won’t send a second first-round pick to Cincinnati for Palmer now. They will “only” send a first and second-round pick. We guess that’s a positive.
4. The Raiders will have to improve in free agency because they gave up picks in the first four rounds to build this 8-8 team.
5. The Chargers won four of their last five games to also finish 8-8. That’s most fitting end possible to Norv Turner’s run in San Diego possible.