We’ve seen some confusion out there on the remaining playoff scenarios, so let’s quickly recap things after the end of the 1 p.m. ET games.
1. The Patriots have clinched the No. 1 seed with their win over the Bills.
2. The Ravens and Steelers are still battling to win the division. The Ravens clinch the division and the No. 2 seed with a win over the Bengals.
3. The Texans will host either the Bengals or Titans next week.
4. The Broncos and Raiders can both win the AFC West. Oakland needs to beat San Diego and get the Broncos to lose. The Broncos win any ties. Yep, they could get in at 8-8 on a three game losing streak.
5. Second place in the AFC North will travel to the winner of the AFC West.
6. The Raiders can’t win a wild card spot now. The Jets are out.
The Bengals win the No. 6 seed with a win over Baltimore. The Bengals also get in if the Broncos OR the Raiders lose.
In short, the Bengals are in good shape even if they lose. The Bengals beat Tennessee in Week 9, so they win the head-to-head tiebreak over the Titans.
If three teams tie at 9-7, the Titans would nab the final spot.
2. The 49ers clinched the No. 2 seed with their close win over the Rams.
3. The Saints will host the No. 6 seed next week. It’s likely to be the Lions.
4. The winner of Giants-Cowboys will host the No. 5 seed next week.
5. Atlanta is up huge against Tampa. If they hold on to the lead, they will travel to the winner of the NFC East.
6. Detroit’s loss in Lambeau will likely have them heading to the Superdome next week. Doh.