Rex Ryan: “I’m not a loser”

Rex Ryan AP

At the end of an 8-8 season, Jets coach Rex Ryan isn’t backing down.

Despite guaranteeing a Super Bowl and not even making the playoffs, Ryan insisted following Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins that his brash talk is the mark of a winner, and that a coach who lacks his confidence is a coach who can’t win in the NFL.

“I’m always going to chase a Super Bowl,” Ryan said. “I know I get criticized for it beyond belief. But if you don’t, then you’re probably a loser. I’m not a loser.”

What Ryan doesn’t seem to realize, however, is that what he gets “criticized beyond belief” for isn’t chasing a Super Bowl. It’s publicly proclaiming that his team is going to a Super Bowl, and then failing to back that proclamation up on the field.

But Ryan isn’t going to change.

“If people don’t have the guts or courage to put it out there, then so be it,” he added. “That’s on them. I will always chase the Super Bowl. I believe we’ll win the Super Bowl and I’ll believe it for the next 15 years. . . . I’ll find a way to make this team better.”

So it sounds like Ryan is getting an early start on promising a title run in 2012.

Permalink 133 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
133 Responses to “Rex Ryan: “I’m not a loser””
  1. rdrs68 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:43 AM

I’m not a loser I just have a lose mouth and often say things that can’t be backed up.

2. tallguyme says: Jan 2, 2012 7:44 AM

he’s right! (when it comes to weight)

3. starderup says: Jan 2, 2012 7:45 AM

So the Jets are in the playoffs?
    Because losers aren’t.

4. dogman9 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:46 AM

Of course he is. As long as the media puts microphones and cameras in front of Rex he will continue to repeat himself.

You know this will be the first and last head coaching job Rex will ever hold. I guess the media knows that and they want to bleed it as long as possible. Rex’s mouth makes it easy for them!

5. dldove77 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:48 AM

That’s exactly what a loser would say.

6. tomsd1 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:52 AM

Hey – it’s my team that lost – not me. And as for Mark Sanchez – well…………………………………

7. IainRWB says: Jan 2, 2012 7:53 AM

Someone find me footage of Rex guaranteeing a Super Boel where he isn’t clearly laughing about it.

The way his comments are reported is consistently disingenuous.

8. yodelpoo says: Jan 2, 2012 7:53 AM

Oh Rexy, yes you are.

9. goblue714 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:53 AM

Just zip it, be humble, eat crow. Just say you sucked this year, do what leaders are suppose to do.

10. acdc363 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:56 AM

Losers go home in january, rex

11. crindal3000 says: Jan 2, 2012 7:56 AM

yeah you’re a winner but your team, QB , and coaches are losers.

12. grpatriot says: Jan 2, 2012 7:57 AM

No I in Team, Rex! Maybe UR not a loser? Is it just the Team? Not U?

13. jbythebay says: Jan 2, 2012 8:00 AM

You’re right Rex, theres nothing wrong with believing your team can win the Super Bowl. But believing that and guaranteeing it are two seperate things. I’m sure McCarthy, Payton and Tomlin believe their teams could win the Super Bowl but they actually went out and did it instead of just taking about doing it

14. habsman says: Jan 2, 2012 8:00 AM

This guy has some serious mental issues.

Also, your only big play receiver, and captain is sitting on the bench in the final minutes of your last game and you don’t know why?

Good head coaches know whats going on with their team Rex. Or maybe you are lying?

Either way, you’re a loser.

15. garyman1 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:02 AM

Hey Rex…

Scoreboard

16. jackdevaney says: Jan 2, 2012 8:05 AM

Just like Welker said before…Rex failed to put his best foot forward. Hey Oh!!!

17. dlmcc1010 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:05 AM

Look, theres no doubt he talks alot and it can annoy some people. But theres no arguing with the fact that he is a good coach. His players play hard for him and they respect him. People on the team rarely get in trouble off the field, which is pretty impressive consdiering the collection of jerks they have in that locker room.

He is a defensive minded coach, and the Jets always bring a solid D. It wasnt elite this year like it usually is, but it was still good. The problem with that team is the offense sucked all year. Sanchez is terrible. The play calling was puzzling at best. the offensive line and running game were lousy. You could have Bill Belichek as coach and it wouldnt matter if you have your QB turning the ball over on your own 30 yardline.

The personality may be annoying, but he’s a good coach whether you like the guys brash talk or not. It is through no fault of his that this team was mediocre this year

18. waltdawg says: Jan 2, 2012 8:07 AM

Still talking Rex??? Really?

19. war71 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:08 AM

You & your brother are all talk. You both talk a big game and hardly ever back it up. How about both of you shut your mouths and let your team / units do your talking for you. You both look like total tools.

20. Patriot42 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:08 AM

Rex should buy a carnival and then his barking would fit right in.

21. bluepike says: Jan 2, 2012 8:08 AM

“Mr. Bluster” is amazing – he thinks it takes guts and courage to “put it out there” – therefore, he fancies himself as being courageous. All it really takes to do what he does is to be a ridiculous buffoon. Courageous? “Mr. Bluster” strikes again.

22. ham1 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:09 AM

Sanchez choking away games just like romo does.
    Ha losers. Ryans flap those bejabers and the results are all the same. losers.

23. zenofobe says: Jan 2, 2012 8:12 AM

The Jets got what they wanted out of Rex and their cast of retreads (including low character Holmes, Burress, Cromartie, etc.) : lots of us-against-the-world, bad-boy PR buzz. Gotta sell those PSL’s, y’know.

I will continue to hope they fail. Has there ever been a team so universally reviled?

24. stubbyjones says: Jan 2, 2012 8:13 AM

Hes a classless buffoon… Rex, every coach in the league wants and does chase the super bowl. Its what the game is about. The thing is rex, they dont flap their lips about it every chance they get. Just shut up. Youre doing your team a disservice, the old mouth issuing a check scenario…

25. eigglesnosuperbowls says: Jan 2, 2012 8:14 AM

I beg to differ !

26. cunninglinguist69 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:14 AM

Hey Rex,
    You don’t get criticized for CHASING a Superbowl, you get criticized for GUARANTEEING THAT YOU’RE GOING TO WIN IT. EVERY YEAR. Never mind running your mouth; play football.

27. cubsisles72 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:15 AM

Apparently the only time Rex and Robbie shut up is when they’re stuffing themselves with food. Wonder whose house they’ll be chowing down at as they watch the NFL playoffs together on tv.

28. stubbyjones says: Jan 2, 2012 8:15 AM

Theres no I in team but there sure is EAT…

29. mr4thand1 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:17 AM

How does that foot in your mouth taste, Rex? BEGONE with you!!!!

30. cliffordc05 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:17 AM

Nobody doubts that Rex is competitive and wants to win a Super Bowl. Can you imagine Tom Landry standing up in front of the media and proclaiming his team will win the next Super Bowl? Rex is competitive but he is a loud mouthed jackass. His brother is the same but he is not as good a coach as Rex.

31. jetfan28 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:18 AM

I never understood why Rex offended so many people. He is true to himself. As long as he respect his opponents (which he always does), why do we get offended that he talks up his team (albeit too much)?

The media are hypocrites. They criticize the likes of Belichick and Mangini for being closed and saying nothing, then they criticize Ryan for speaking his mind.

Give me an authentic man who says what he means (even if I don’t like what he has to say) over a evasive phony any day of the week. I like individuals, not people trying to be what people what them to be.

32. jetshorty says: Jan 2, 2012 8:19 AM

He has managed to put all the media criticism on him for making ridiculous proclamations. What he says or predicts means nothing on the field.
    We should be criticizing the players (and coaches) for not getting their job done on the field.

33. theandy59 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:29 AM

It appears that Rex is never gonna get it. He apparently believes he’s the only coach in the NFL who wants to win a Super Bowl. Actual Super Bowl coaches generally don’t talk about winning the Super Bowl….if they talk at all, they talk about winning the next game on their schedule. Setting your expectations high is fine, but if you’re focused on the end result you’re gonna miss all the details that need to be attended to in order to reach your goal.

34. jc1958cool says: Jan 2, 2012 8:29 AM

8-8 is not losing! the only thing he wants to lose is some weight, average blow hard

35. kingcasper says: Jan 2, 2012 8:29 AM

How can any NFL player listen to this f-a-t a-s-s who needed to have surgery to lose wait? Maybe they are finally realizing that the Ryan family (yes including Buddy) are fat idiotic morons who will never win the super bowl.

36. booyaa63 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:30 AM

If he was a loser he wouldn’t be overweight

37. gmen1987 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Missing the playoffs after going to the AFC championship game does not make one a loser.

If you want to see losers, look up the Buffao Bills, Oakland Raiders, and Bills and Bengal fans. All are total losers.

38. 1972wasalongtimeago says: Jan 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Methnks thou dost protest too much. (For Jets fans, that means the louder you allege something, the more likely the exact opposite of what you are alleging is true)

39. larrydavid815 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:33 AM

Rex, you’re not a loser, Chris Johnson, CJ1K is

40. manureman says: Jan 2, 2012 8:35 AM

8-8, your right Rex your not a loser, just average.

41. kingcasper says: Jan 2, 2012 8:36 AM

weight….oh well…too early in the morning….

42. BTC says: Jan 2, 2012 8:38 AM

See, the thing about that, Rex, is that you are.

43. blackandtealforeal says: Jan 2, 2012 8:41 AM

You are what your record says you are, average.
    That being said, the Jets are better than my Jags so they have that going for them.

44. dkeyser says: Jan 2, 2012 8:42 AM

Classic case of loser denile

45. descendency says: Jan 2, 2012 8:42 AM

You are a loser.

-The Dolphins

46. binarybulge says: Jan 2, 2012 8:45 AM

This team is in trouble in too many spots. As much as fans in NY don’t want to hear it, they’re going to go into full-on rebuilding mode soon. Something drastic needs to happen… I’m sure Rex doesn’t want full accountability there. Which do you think he’d rather do: cut a ton of players loose, or resign?

47. 700levelvet says: Jan 2, 2012 8:47 AM

” I will always chase the Super Bowl”
    ——————————————-
    With Sanchez at QB, that’s all you will ever do….Chase…He’s terrible….

48. sgtr0c says: Jan 2, 2012 8:47 AM

He is absolutely right, he will ALWAYS be chasing a Superbowl trophy. Just cause you believe you are not a loser, doesn’t make it so. It isn’t your decision Rexy, it is the public’s.

49. denverdude7 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:48 AM

Rex Ryan: “I’m not a loser”
    ———————————————————-
    Maybe not, but your team certainly is !!!

50. theravens1 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:49 AM

His players should love him! He takes all the blame and attention away from them!

They should all enjoy a great off season!

51. boswivel says: Jan 2, 2012 8:49 AM

When you consider that, from an evolutionary standpoint, you should probably still be painting on cave walls, you and your idiot brother are a couple or real over-achievers.

52. gingerkid2000 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:51 AM

SMH (facepalm)!

53. rgwhodey says: Jan 2, 2012 8:52 AM

I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and gosh doggone it people like me!

54. humptyfratz says: Jan 2, 2012 8:52 AM

“I’m not always a loser, but when I do, I coach the New York Jets.”

55. klunge says: Jan 2, 2012 8:57 AM

jetfan28 says:
    Jan 2, 2012 8:18 AM
    ———————————————–
    Give me a guy who gets his job done & wins games regardless of what he says or doesn’t say to the media. Any day of the week.

Let us in Detroit give you some advice: don’t be a homer that just supports everything your team says and does, you will forever be mired in mediocrity (or worse). Rise up and demand a better product and you may eventually get it. We had to do it.

56. cleverbob says: Jan 2, 2012 8:58 AM

I didn’t realize that he signed a 15 year contract extension.

57. johnnyb216 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:59 AM

Yes you are.

58. jmagnet28 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:01 AM

Here’s Rex Ryan in a nutshell (or maybe a cargo van):

He was simply perfect for this franchise when he came on in 2009. The Jets were irrelevant and had a long line of boring head coaches with little to no success. He put them on the map. Now, as with any profession, he needs to grow into something different to sustain that success. Tom Coughlin has done so, albeit minimal, by backing off the drill seargent demeanor. Coaches are like players that way. As you grow, you have to change it up with the times and situation. As a Jets fan it makes me nervous that Rex is hellbent on NOT changing. And as with anything in life, attitude reflects leadership. Rex needs to change it up, get back to coaching and keep the bold claims in house.

59. zackattack410 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:02 AM

Here’s an analysis from an unbiased observer:

1. The Jets were 22nd in the league in rushing and 3rd down %. They should have recommitted to the run earlier in the season (see Baltimore, San Fran).

2. They have a horrendous O-line. Sanchez was sacked 39 times and fumbled 10 times this year! Even more of a reason to NOT pass so much.

3. Sanchez isn’t very good. He’s not a bad quarterback, but his 18 INTs and 56% completion percentage speak to accuracy issues.

If the team adds RB and O-line depth and recommits to the ground game, so they could be solid next year. The internal issues and overwhelming media coverage with this club will be what ultimately ends their string of 3 consecutive Super Bowls.

60. rodge1 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:03 AM

Hey Rex. Only losers need to explain that they’re not losers by saying, “I’m not a loser”

61. ampats says: Jan 2, 2012 9:04 AM

The entire jets organization have been losers for the past 43 years.

jetfan28, Rex respects his opponents? What rock in the East river have you been sleeping under? Probably the same one that Tanny has been when making his draft decisions.

The implosion in Florham Park will be good for lots of laughs over the next few weeks.

62. minkytails says: Jan 2, 2012 9:04 AM

You are what your record is. That makes you a loser, Rex. Just like your brother.

63. hscorpio says: Jan 2, 2012 9:07 AM

I agree that Rex Ryan isn’t a loser but I don’t think the only alternative to being a loser is being a winner. Ryan is a competent HC that might be able to move into the elite category if he just put a filter on his mouth. But his own history, as well as his family history, suggests he won’t even try, much less be able.

I’m an admirer of head coaches that have a team that bores their beat writers to tears during the week, then goes out and executes at a consistently high level on the weekend. Ryan falls down in both categories for my tastes. His way is a combustible mix and you generally don’t succeed at the highest level by juggling fire, even if it is entertaining to try. As a Packer fan that watched Favre over the years in the playoffs, believe me, the fire eventually burns ‘ya.

But if Jet fans want the circus and inevitable failures that go with Rex Ryan, more power to them. I think I’d be advocating another direction, if I were one.

64. dave1961 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:09 AM

I’m not gonna criticize the Ryan twins, but I’m a Cleveland Browns fan who hasn’t sniffed the playoffs since our absent owner inherited the team… In Cleveland… our superbowl sadly is a top 5 pick every year.

Fans here are draft experts because we have to be. I’d take Rex as a head coach over all the head coaches we have had since 1999.

I hope Greenbay repeats or the the Saints win another one. Their fans understand our pain. They been where we are in the past.

65. FinFan68 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:09 AM

Substituting great deeds with brash talk is what makes him a loser. Don’t talk about it; just do it. When one’s actions can’t speak for themselves, simpletons resort to unwarranted boasting and intimidation.

66. dumplingsrbrown says: Jan 2, 2012 9:09 AM

Umm…Rex? My granny can guarantee she’s gonna win the Superbowl too. Matter of fact she’s been to as many and won as many as you!!

67. laiddogg93 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:10 AM

As a Titans fan that needed the Jets to win to be able to get in the playoffs……Yes Rex you are a Big Fat Fn LOSER. Just like your stinking piece of crap QB Dirty Sanchez.

68. chas88 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:12 AM

He makes it too easy…

69. 3yrsnfl says: Jan 2, 2012 9:13 AM

Part of Rex’s job was to bring attention to the Jets. They needed to sell PSLs in the new stadium. I believe teams did bring their best against the Jets because there was always “bulletin board material”.

The last two years, the offensive line was one of the best in football. They hid Sanchez’s weeknesses. They also had a real good defense. That was a winning formula. The defense was good enough, not great, but good enough this year, but the offense fell way short. The defense was on the field alot. Sanchez had his shot, he is not the answer. There is some talent on the team, with a servicable QB they beat Denver, the Giants, and Miami and are in the playoffs.

Need to upgrade. Chad Pennington.

70. 3yrsnfl says: Jan 2, 2012 9:14 AM

Need to upgrade. Chad Pennington gets my vote.

71. bluefan204 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:15 AM

Ha!

What a loser…

72. bluefan204 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:18 AM

@hscorpio-

Well said. Nice post

73. seoulpatrol says: Jan 2, 2012 9:20 AM

Just.shut.up.already!

In the beginning, I enjoyed Wrecks and his confidence but it has become so contrived and overdone that now I wish he would eat more so he couldn’t talk…

74. kenhawk says: Jan 2, 2012 9:23 AM

I’m not a Jets fan and I’m with the few who actually like this guy. Look how many of you hate him. He’s already in your head.

It’s the art of war. No, he’s not in the playoffs. But this guy keeps his team fired up behind him and there’s serious momentum with that. It doesn’t always result in wins. But look how many fans and players lose their peace of mind when he’s around. See it for yourself.

75. jerseyshoregiant says: Jan 2, 2012 9:23 AM

Hey Rex,

How about winning the Division first!! At least we don’t have to listen to the 2 straight AFC championship game BS anymore!!!

76. 305fan says: Jan 2, 2012 9:25 AM

Rex is the Toe Sucking Champion of the world. How can he be labeled Loser?

77. jpb12 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:26 AM

8-8. Not winning or losing. Kind of in limbo. Pretty appropriate.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a players’ coach, who could deal with some loose cannons…

How is it possible that all his players talked to media after Miami loss? What happened to keeping it in the locker room?

How does he not know Schotty benched Holmes?

He’s right. Lots of coaches are smarter than he is.

78. boblavoie says: Jan 2, 2012 9:29 AM

Does that mean it will take 15 years for the Jets to win the Super Bowl. Rex must have a new long term contract that we don’t know about.

79. insider7 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:30 AM

Anybody who feels compelled to proclaim, “I am not a loser”, clearly is a loser. Have you ever heard anybody with a record of achievement in sports try to convince the public that they are not a loser? Ever hear Joe Montana say such a thing? Tom Brady? Don Shula? Nope.

Maybe it’s time for Sexy Rexy to reconsider and go ahead and kiss Bill Belichick’s 5 Super Bowl rings.

80. thelionsrgreat says: Jan 2, 2012 9:36 AM

Actually, yes you are a loser. It’s not all your fault though, your QB is an absolute joke.

81. orthomarine says: Jan 2, 2012 9:36 AM

I think everyone is being hard on Rex here, lets really look at the facts:

1. He always puts his best foot forward
    2. He never tip toes around the tough decision
    3. Yes, he does not mind to be the heal
    4. He has a few achilles issues to deal with
    5. All his games have been toe nail biting close

82. prmpft says: Jan 2, 2012 9:38 AM

…”but you are dressed as one.”

(Holy Grail – the witch scene)

83. i3addog says: Jan 2, 2012 9:41 AM

Rex Ryan is the Myspace of Football.

84. roadtrip3500 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:44 AM

jetfan28 says: Jan 2, 2012 8:18 AM

————————————
    Rex Ryan: “Certainly, we were the better team the first two years. We made the playoffs and went to the championship game. To say a team’s better than you that never made the playoffs just is ridiculous.”

Tom Coughlin: “Talk is cheap. Play the game.”

Rex Ryan: “That’s the old saying, ‘Talk is cheap. Money buys whiskey.’ I understand all that. That’s the truth, but I don’t care about Tom Coughlin or anybody else. I know how I believe and I don’t care if it’s acceptable in everybody’s opinion.”

jetfan28, that’s your idea of respecting your opponent?

85. billharford31 says: Jan 2, 2012 9:45 AM

———

The Giants and especially Tom Coughling beg to differ, and I’m not even a Giants fan.

86. bosfaninva says: Jan 2, 2012 9:46 AM

I just looked up loser in my Funk & Wagnalls. There’s a picture of Rex and one of his even fatter brother too. A double-truck spread, in fact.

Have a great off-season, footlicker!

87. spoiledbratswhosuck says: Jan 2, 2012 10:01 AM

Bluster and trash talk coming from a COACH is most despicable and troubling. Sports is filled with big mouths and wannabes. Decent people are fed up with so called leaders that 5UCK. Landry, Shula, Walsh, Gibbs all would have whipped Rex’s ass all without saying one word. Any questions????

88. spoiledbratswhosuck says: Jan 2, 2012 10:03 AM

“I am not a loser”

“If a lady has to tell you she is a lady then she is not a lady” MARGARET THATCHER

89. brownsclown says: Jan 2, 2012 10:12 AM

I am not a looser.
    I am not fat.
    I am not a blowhard.
    I do not make outrageous statements that I don’t back up.

I am not Rex Ryan!

90. billharford31 says: Jan 2, 2012 10:12 AM

——

Yes, he keeps his team so fired up that his offense implodes in the huddle, his offensive “captain” quits in the middle of a key week 17 game with playoffs implications, and their defensive players talk about only “maybe one side of the ball” pulling it together (said by Cromartie). Oh and not to mention his managerial abilities, when 4 days ago he was proclaiming that his OC would stay or get a HC job elsewhere, then yesterday throwing him under the boss for pulling the disgruntled punk “captain” out of the game.

What a joke of a franchise. If I were Woody Johnson, I would start with him for accountability. If I were a Jets fan I would revolt and demand drastic changes, starting with the head coach. But since I’m a Pats fan I’m actually loving the tenure of this Fat Boy. I hope they keep this joker around for years. LOL.

91. xxpatsxx says: Jan 2, 2012 10:14 AM

Jenny Craig agrees.

92. voiceofrealism says: Jan 2, 2012 10:15 AM

If you have to tell people you’re not a loser, you’re
    most likely a loser.

93. Henry says: Jan 2, 2012 10:18 AM

I wonder what he’s going to be thinking while he sits on his couch at home watching ALL those playoff games in the upcoming weeks?
    This guy is all about making excuses for himself. He needs to just shut up and coach. It’s just plain embarrassing to watch sometimes.

94. seoulpatrol says: Jan 2, 2012 10:21 AM

kenhawk says:Jan 2, 2012 9:23 AM

No, he’s not in the playoffs.

————————————-

And anything else matters how?

Not having played in the NFL, I still suspect that the true purpose is to, you know, win.

95. lostsok says: Jan 2, 2012 10:29 AM

The line between confidence and disillusionment is actually pretty wide. It’s easy to see. And people are always willing to point it out when you don’t.

There is no difference between Ryan and that wacky preacher that keeps setting a end-of-the-world date. He’s just as confident as Ryan is…and just as crazy.

96. nesuperfan says: Jan 2, 2012 10:33 AM

It was all just a big misunderstanding: He thought Super Bowl had something to do with a REALLY good toilet.

97. pleasantsurpriselefty says: Jan 2, 2012 10:33 AM

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…………………………….

98. kingcasper says: Jan 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Rex will have a heart attack soon….

99. xmgmx says: Jan 2, 2012 10:37 AM

Ummm……………………………………..Yes……. you are.

100. southpaw2k says: Jan 2, 2012 10:39 AM

Rex is trying to remind his own ego that he’s not a loser. Maybe he needs to pay a visit to Stuart Smalley.

101. stevecanuck says: Jan 2, 2012 10:39 AM

If one is going to run his mouth, he must deliver or accept the consequences. In New York, you’re always on the “hot seat” as a coach … Charlie Sheen was talking “winning” and we know what happened to him.

Maybe Rex needs some tiger blood, LOL.

Shut up Rex … you lost. Live with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

102. billm2323 says: Jan 2, 2012 10:41 AM

That big nasty mouth of yours makes you a loser; win or lose.

103. sosuhme says: Jan 2, 2012 10:47 AM

Guess What? Anyone who feels the need to publically proclaim “I am not a loser” is probably a loser.

104. sail105 says: Jan 2, 2012 10:51 AM

For him to say he is not a loser merely proves beyond any reasonable doubt that he is either a pathological liar or is so completely delusional that he should not be kept in any position of responsibility. If Woody had a smattering of either common sense or managerial skill he would dump this buffoon(along with Holmes, the pathetic loser) and find a coach who could both coach and keep his mouth shut

105. dirtybird70 says: Jan 2, 2012 10:58 AM

ummmm, Rex. You kinda are.

Enjoy this weekend home.

106. eigglesnosuperbowls says: Jan 2, 2012 11:01 AM

Self praise is for losers !

107. kmfl1 says: Jan 2, 2012 11:14 AM

Just shut your considerable yap and do something. Until then, yes, you are.

108. pastabelly says: Jan 2, 2012 11:20 AM

The Jets will be winning the next 15 Super Bowls according to Ryan.

109. eknirb says: Jan 2, 2012 11:23 AM

you’re not a loser….you’re @ .500.

110. hcf95688 says: Jan 2, 2012 11:28 AM

Well, he aint a winner. Neither is his brother.

111. bigbluefan1 says: Jan 2, 2012 11:29 AM

Next week Rex and Andy Reid the two SB winners will have a hotdog eatting contest the prize you get a life time supply of excuses

And do not worry the jets will win it all next year as it will mark 50 years with out a title

112. mistrezzrachael says: Jan 2, 2012 11:37 AM

gmen1987 says:
    Jan 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Now THAT comment is/was the dumbest comment out here all season!!

The Raiders & Bills have more division titles, AFC Championships, and Super Bowls…than the jets have fantacized about in last 40 years…Even Bengals have reached SB in most of our lifetimes..and have more division tittles than jets.

Face it…jets history is PUTRID….unless you talk to rex, fireman ed, or one of their loud parasite fans.

Very few teams historically worse than the jets

113. krabballs says: Jan 2, 2012 11:45 AM

Maybe the Ravens knew what they were doing when they passed on this guy.

114. sfkforever says: Jan 2, 2012 11:45 AM

now go do what you do best…film you wifes feet…ya loser…

115. rarson says: Jan 2, 2012 12:01 PM

“Reporter Repeats Words That Came Out of Rex Ryan’s Mouth For the 89th Time”

WHO CARES? Obviously Rex is getting criticized because sports reporters have nothing better to do than give him attention.

116. geefan1 says: Jan 2, 2012 12:01 PM

If they’d stayed with Mangini the Jets would have won their Super Bowl by now. No Hard Knocks, no Sanchez, no BS. What a mistake that coaching change was.

117. wakiash says: Jan 2, 2012 12:02 PM

You and your brother are losers.

118. 1historian says: Jan 2, 2012 12:03 PM

“At the end of an 8-8 season jets’ coach rex ryan isn’t backing down.”

At the end of an 8-8 season nobody cares

119. bagadeez04 says: Jan 2, 2012 12:27 PM

I never tire of these pieces about the Jets :-)

120. coolgato13 says: Jan 2, 2012 12:49 PM

Yes you are Rex, yes you are.

121. pskotte says: Jan 2, 2012 12:51 PM

If he isn’t a loser he certainly has a foot in the door…

122. jmagnet28 says: Jan 2, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2, 2012 8:18 AM Jetsfan28 says:

True to himself? Since when doesn that constitute success? Jeffrey Dahmer was true to himself.

123. charlutes says: Jan 2, 2012 2:58 PM

As always Rex, talk is cheap. you are a loser if u lose.

124. jimmylions says: Jan 2, 2012 3:48 PM

Rex isn’t a loser, he’s just a guy who really, really, likes women’s feet and who won’t be in the playoffs.

125. albuspwbd says: Jan 2, 2012 3:58 PM

To: jetfan28 says:
    Jan 2, 2012 8:18 AM

Yes, putting covers over the Giants Championship Trophies last week as the Giants walked past them out of the locker room was TOTALLY respectful. Idiot!

126. albuspwbd says: Jan 2, 2012 4:12 PM

To: laiddogg93 says:
    Jan 2, 2012 9:10 AM

Don’t be a hater just because the Titans were not good enough to control their own destiny. Titans kept the Titans out of the Playoffs, Not Rex the idiot and the overrated Jets.

127. pack88 says: Jan 2, 2012 11:22 PM

For a blowhard like Ryan who denigrates every player in the NFL not a NY Jet, I find it tremendously satisfying to listen to Ryan whine about winning, he should actually try doing it, and next year when they are 3-13 and Rex is looking to sell cars in Jersey I’ll really enjoy it
    Pack88

128. 1historian says: Jan 2, 2012 11:34 PM

He’s not a loser, but as the big-mouthed coach of a team that won 8 and lost 8 he fits the standard for mediocre to a T.

For me that’ll just have to do.

Just hang on for a few more days and when the playoffs get into gear people will stop interviewing him.

This will all be over soon

129. edcol3 says: Jan 3, 2012 2:07 AM

” Oh…so that how the REAL coaches do it “

130. ottograham says: Jan 3, 2012 3:10 PM

Rex, youre definitely a loser. Blind leading the blind out there in New York.

131. ihateyoujeff says: Jan 5, 2012 9:25 PM

If you’re not a loser than shut your FAT mouth and win football games.

Put up of shut up.

P.S. Matt “I ride defense to victory” Sanchez sucks.

132. momton says: Jan 6, 2012 1:11 PM

The following dialogue from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” comes to mind….

Dee: I am not a failure!
    Mac: Dennis, what is it that you call it when somebody tries to do something but doesn’t succeed?
    Dennis: Uh, that would in fact be a failure.

133. RyanFeet says: Jan 6, 2012 5:24 PM

“Did you ever know that you’re my lozer,
    and everything I would like to be?
    I can fly higher than an philly eagle,
    for you are the wind beneath my feet.”