Brees talks Lions and more on NBC SportsTalk

The first-ever show on the new NBC Sports Network was NBC SportsTalk.

The first-ever guest on the first-ever show on the new NBC Sports Network was Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

If you missed it, here’s you chance to see Drew talking about his team’s upcoming game against the Lions, and other things.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Videos
11 Responses to “Brees talks Lions and more on NBC SportsTalk”
  1. hscorpio says: Jan 3, 2012 8:08 AM

Watch your knees, Mr Brees. The Lions are not above a cheap shot or two to tilt the scales.

2. ike1973 says: Jan 3, 2012 8:36 AM

What a classy guy that Drew Brees is. I wish my Lions had made a run at him when he was a free agent. Luckily we were able to get Stafford a few years later.

All I want on Saturday is a good game with no injuries and little invlovement from the refs. Anyone who watched that lions/packers game last week knows what I’m talking about. Oh, and of course a Lions win.

GO LIONS!

3. klunge says: Jan 3, 2012 9:03 AM

hscorpio says:
    Jan 3, 2012 8:08 AM
    ———————————————-
    Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your baseless accusation. Provide names of players the Lions have “taken out”, or even some video evidence that they have deliberately attempted to cause grievous injury. Yeah, that’s what I thought. Shut your face, moron.

4. restoretheroar2011 says: Jan 3, 2012 9:05 AM

@hscorpio -I am guessing you haven’t even watched a lions game this year judging by that ridiculous comment. It’s funny how I have seen other players kick and punch guys in the groin this year but that wasn’t a big deal because it wasn’t Suh or the Detroit Lions. Stop watching the 4 letter network so much and form your own opinion.

5. wingz101 says: Jan 3, 2012 9:07 AM

I wonder if Drew is hoping the NFL will schedule the same embarrassment of an officiating crew we saw “handle” the Lions/GB tilt last Sunday. It would be nice if Burleson got another record breaking 3 OPI calls.

Everyone seems to think the Lions got blown out by NO last November, but the Lions had a horrible 2nd Quarter where they gave up 3 TD’s but other than that they held thier own.

It was actually 24-17 late in the fourth Quarter but the Lions kept getting offensive pass interefence penalties. Keep in mind Stafford sliced the Saints for 400 yards that game. He had 5 passes of 20+ yards including 49, 47 and 36 yards.

This is by no means a gimme.

6. swarlesbarrkley says: Jan 3, 2012 9:20 AM

hscorpio says:
    Jan 3, 2012 8:08 AM
    _____

Because the lions are DIRTY right? right? is that the joke? I get it!

7. rmc1995 says: Jan 3, 2012 9:53 AM

@hscorpio
    You do know they played earlier this year and Brees managed to walk out of the game quite easily.

Last game against the Saints, Lions had no Suh, no Delmas, no Houston, no LoJack, Fairly and Smith were banged up and Stafford just got over a broken finger. Delmas and Berry may return Saturday night. Also, there is 16 games of tape on Brees this season for the lions to study. The Lions had one game to study Flynn and Rodgers was calling plays so that game was really not indicative of tendency which is something most QBs and OCs fall into that helps defend against them.

8. goodluckking says: Jan 3, 2012 10:46 AM

hscorpio says:
    Jan 3, 2012 8:08 AM

WOW, so original!

9. detlions80 says: Jan 3, 2012 2:51 PM

All I want is a decent officiating crew that can call the game down the middle. If that’s the case and our Lions lose, then we can walk away feeling like we weren’t cheated again. Please, Mr. Goodell, send us some decent refs.

10. cdsaints says: Jan 3, 2012 4:28 PM

============

Here here. Win or Lose, I think this is something both sides can agree upon. Please God, do not let it be Ed Hocculi or Mike Carey. If my Saints win, I don’t want it to be because of a blown or missed call, nor do I want it to be why they lose. Let the teams play their game!

11. b20sanders says: Jan 3, 2012 5:20 PM

Did anyone notice the colors of Brees’ jacket? Looks like some Lions colors to me, just thought it was kinda funny.

On another note, I agree about the officiating in the Lions/Pack game. That TD by Young they called incomplete was an absolute joke, that cost Detroit the game, according the the scoreboard…yes I know there are plenty of other things that ‘cost’ Detroit the game.