A little something for the 20 teams not in the playoffs

NBC SportsTalk producer Matt Casey had a great idea for Friday night’s show.  With all the focus on the 12 teams in the playoffs, what should the 20 teams already sitting at home do to get better in the offseason?

Peter King and I ping-ponged through the list, each firing off the most important priority heading into 2012.

If you missed it on the new NBC Sports Network, you can watch it now.

And if you ignored it on the new NBC Sports Network, you also have the right to ignore it now.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Home, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, Videos, Washington Redskins
12 Responses to “A little something for the 20 teams not in the playoffs”
  1. dfeltz says: Jan 7, 2012 10:29 AM

I don’t believe a left tackle is the number 1 concern for the Bears. They desperately need a skill position guy who lines up at receiver.

2. chuckyd317 says: Jan 7, 2012 10:32 AM

Poor Cowboys… Sittin at home for the playoffs again… At least Romo can work on his short game now…

3. cowboylover says: Jan 7, 2012 10:47 AM

Yes, boo-hoo. It was only four years ago that Romo led the Cowboys to the #1 NFC seed after a 13-3 season; a season they could have easily gone 15-1. If not for one Crayton dropped pass, who knows what could have been for my ‘boys. Hate the haters.

4. blackqbwhiterb says: Jan 7, 2012 11:17 AM

Shanny, bring a QB to DC!!!!

5. i10east says: Jan 7, 2012 12:46 PM

They hit the nail on the head with the Jags; We desperately need some WR’s. I’m praying that Blackmon will still be available.

6. carpanfan62 says: Jan 7, 2012 3:08 PM

@ Cowboylover

1. Your team lost in the first playoff game after obtaining #1 seed so you lose your validity.

2. How does “one Patrick Crayton dropped pass” account for 2 losses?

3. As long as Jerry Jones owns/runs that team you will forever remain just under the brink.

4. Superman Cam and the Panthers will see you next year in Charlotte so don’t drop any passes………L

7. cowboylover says: Jan 7, 2012 11:14 PM

Of course we lost the game. My point was for the poster who was blaming Romo for the Cowboys sitting at home for the second year. I don’t get your point about Crayton though. I was stating the obvious; if not for him dropping that pass we would have hosted Green Bay. That’s my point. Who knows what could’ve happened.

8. teamnorsecore says: Jan 8, 2012 12:10 AM

cowboylover says:
    Jan 7, 2012 11:14 PM
    …….
    cowboylover…..remind me what happened to your “favored” team in the playoffs following the 2009 season????

9. oldcracker says: Jan 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Cowboy fans deserve J.J.

“America’s Team,” my ass. I’d sooner watch the CFL!

10. discosucs2005 says: Jan 10, 2012 10:58 PM

And…TIME! All 20 teams in under 5 minutes. That is a new state record!

11. traevin says: Jan 13, 2012 9:17 AM

JJ for President… so he won’t have time to be Dallas’ GM.

12. browniebuck says: Jan 15, 2012 9:19 PM

Jerry Jones couldn’t be any worse than the dingleberry that lives at 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue now (or, for that matter…anyone that has lived there since Clinton). Slick Willy loved him some women that weren’t his wife, but at least the country was doing fairly well under his leadership!