Ryan Grigson will get second interview for Colts G.M. job

R. Grigson

Colts owner Jim Irsay said he wanted to finalize his general manager decision by the middle of this week.

We appear to have a favorite.  Eagles director of player personnel Ryan Grigson will head back to Indianapolis to meet with Irsay for a second interview, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. One of Schefter’s sources believes Grigson is the clear frontrunner to get the job.

We sincerely doubt that information is all part of some shell game.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Ryan Grigson will get second interview for Colts G.M. job”
  1. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Jan 10, 2012 5:27 PM

Does anyone else sense that Irsay wants to be the GM himself and will hire a figure head (or less powerful person) so he can run the show un-officially? Feels that way….

2. stevesabato says: Jan 10, 2012 6:02 PM

I like Grigson. He has a solid resume as the head of scouting for the Birds. The Colts, I believe, will still try to build through the draft, so him or Marc Ross from the Giants seem to make a lot of sense for them, since both have directed some strong drafts in the past.

3. karlton2 says: Jan 10, 2012 6:13 PM

Irsay has already been a GM and had already admitted he was a failure at it, so no, I don’t think that’s it.

4. doncornelious says: Jan 10, 2012 6:14 PM

Wouldn’t Irsay rather have Howie Roseman? He is one of the brightest young minds in football, you know.

5. badtimeoutcaldwell says: Jan 10, 2012 6:38 PM

I hope this guy doesn’t fear free agents like Polian did. I know there are some FA busts, but Sprolles seems to be one of the spark plugs in New Orleans that is putting them over the top this year.

Don’t need to go crazy, but there’s always 1 or 2 per year that seem to make the difference for a team…

6. TheDPR says: Jan 10, 2012 7:23 PM

If I was looking for a player personnel guy, I wouldn’t be looking anywhere near the Philadelphia Eagles.

7. thefiesty1 says: Jan 10, 2012 7:31 PM

Since Irsay admitted he was a failure as GM, can he convince JJ that he is also a failure at trying to be a GM and owner at the same time.

8. randolph32 says: Jan 10, 2012 9:37 PM

At least the Colts are interviewing people, the Bears can’t even decide who to pick the phone up and call….come on TED, get with the program!

9. aguinn1pe says: Jan 10, 2012 9:54 PM

To the above post:

badtimeoutcaldwell says: Jan 10, 2012 6:38 PM

This guy is a scout for a team that just spent like 100 million in free agents, I am sure he is fine w/ signing FA’s.