Kyle Love doesn’t like Tebowmania

San Diego Chargers v New England Patriots Getty Images

It’s all Tebow, all the time, all week.  Like it or not.

Patriots defensive tackle Kyle Love doesn’t.

“I can’t speak for everybody, I can just speak for myself, I can say that it does [get old] for me,” Love told MassLive.com, via NFL.com.  “It gets to the point where you get tired of hearing it.  You just have to keep your TV off if you don’t.”

Then again, maybe Love likes it, given the impact of Tebowmania on his own mindset.

“I love hearing it actually,” Love added.  “It just makes me want to play hard.”

Either way, Tebowmania has reached the highest gear yet, and the only way to end it (at least in the short term) will be for the Patriots to beat them.

Permalink 61 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
61 Responses to “Kyle Love doesn’t like Tebowmania”
  1. cleverbob says: Jan 13, 2012 2:05 PM

If you were a devout Tebow fan you might say Kyle has a “Love hates” relationship.

:rimshot:

2. dohpey28 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:08 PM

Who it Kyle Love?

3. ampats says: Jan 13, 2012 2:09 PM

Most football fans agree. The media coverage of Tebow is getting beyond obnoxious.

The New England Patriots will end Tebowmania for this season on Saturday night.

4. trbowman says: Jan 13, 2012 2:10 PM

Don’t like it?

Stop it by winning.

5. broncotis3000 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:11 PM

Who is Kyle Love????

6. bearsstillsuck says: Jan 13, 2012 2:14 PM

Espn has been obnoxious this whole season about tebow.

7. derfshambeaux says: Jan 13, 2012 2:16 PM

God knows the Patriots were never the media darlings

8. trojanwarrior007 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:21 PM

In my best Pedro Martinez accent, “Who is Kyle Love?”

9. hit2hurt says: Jan 13, 2012 2:21 PM

I wonder if he thought it “got old” when it was “all Tom Brady”, all the time, all week. Like it or not.”?!

10. vegaskid21 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:22 PM

Hey Kyle – if you don’t like it, learn to!!!

11. crashdog says: Jan 13, 2012 2:22 PM

I didn’t click on this article for the Tebow content. I clicked on it to find out who the heck Kyle Love is……….

12. Robinson says: Jan 13, 2012 2:24 PM

“Who is Kyle Love?”

-everyone

13. irongershwin says: Jan 13, 2012 2:25 PM

Timmy from Southpark, Tim the Tool Man Taylor, Tiny Tim; Tim’s are lovable people.

14. savagenation2011 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:26 PM

So jealousy of Tebow coverage is what you need to play hard?

You should change your name to Kyle Hate

15. armoderate says: Jan 13, 2012 2:36 PM

Some players may be jealous, but I’m sure if you ask the owners, the Tebow hype by the media has become very lucrative to the league and has continued to make the sport the most watched and popular in America. If the hype can continue, it probably will have a positive impact on the owners’ dreams of expanding the paying audience internationally.

16. richc111 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:36 PM

That’s funny, I never heard Tebow say anything bad about Kyle Love, I am sure if Denver gets knocked out of the playoffs it will be because of the play of Kyle Love. He he actually on NE?

17. cshearing says: Jan 13, 2012 2:37 PM

The “Who is this guy” comments are the bottom of the barrel, and pretty much all I see here. This guy got asked a question, and he answered it. Then everyone disparages him with the “who is he” chorus. Pretty damned lame. If no one cared who he was, he never would have been asked, and this would never have been posted here.

18. westmantooth says: Jan 13, 2012 2:37 PM

Who is Kyle Love?

19. moagecu says: Jan 13, 2012 2:39 PM

I refuse to watch ESPN now because of their gross obsession with Tebow, I’ve switched to NBC Sports, which I am not the greatest fan of, I just dont have to hear about Tebow every hour.

20. bobwsc says: Jan 13, 2012 2:41 PM

who is he? better than anyone on the Broncos D not named Bailey, Dumervil or Miller.

21. richc111 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:43 PM

Oh I saw a good interview with Pauncey from Pitt. who played with Tebow in college and the hype. It was interesting what he was asked about the locker room influence he has. His comment was how good he was and that he was all about the team and only players who are self centered and play for themselves are bothered by him ( I’m looking at you Mcghee, who chimed in 3-4 weeks ago about how no one is talking about the season he is having) fast forward to this week and when Champ Baily was asked if he was getting too much attention responded with, if he is getting attention, we are getting attention which is good.

22. richc111 says: Jan 13, 2012 2:45 PM

You know I know who Love is now after looking at his picture. He is Tom Brady backup. He does have a nice fundamentally sound throwing motion judging from the picture.

23. nejerseygirl says: Jan 13, 2012 2:49 PM

____________

Maybe he did. But there’s a big difference here.. Brady is good.

24. grogansheroes says: Jan 13, 2012 2:51 PM

Last night, NFL Network had a Brady/Tebow sound f/x. It was 28 minutes Tebow, 2 minutes Brady.

25. xxwhodatxx says: Jan 13, 2012 2:53 PM

Honestly, who watches ESPN. Who cares if they talk about Tebow all the time JUST DON’T WATCH IT. It’s not like you can’t turn it off or watch something else. Actually it’s pretty sad to see all these people hate on him, I don’t really care either way but it is fun to watch him play sometimes. When I don’t wanna hear about him I don’t have to, it’s a choice but apparently there’s people who don’t have that choice cause someone straps them down with the TV turned to the Tebow channel.

26. nejerseygirl says: Jan 13, 2012 2:53 PM

irongershwin says: Jan 13, 2012 2:25 PM
    _______________

What about Timothy McVeigh?

Just saying.

27. kacapaco says: Jan 13, 2012 2:54 PM

Why would undrafted 2nd yr back-up( when the season begin) DL be jealous of a sensational QB?

28. beauregard says: Jan 13, 2012 2:54 PM

Why in the world does anyone think Tebowmania will “Go Away” with a loss to New England.
    With all that Tebow has done this year in spite of his many detractors this story will go for quite some time through the off season and into next year and beyond. One loss in a game no one expected them to even be playing in will not affect Tebowmania at all. Might as well get used to it.

29. cleverbob says: Jan 13, 2012 2:56 PM

richc111 says:
    Jan 13, 2012 2:45 PM

=====================================

Kind of looks like Tebow’s follow through. I keed, I keed.

30. earthtopft says: Jan 13, 2012 3:04 PM

Like the rest of the world, Kyle can’t decide whether he likes Tebow or hates him.

31. thinwhiteduke76 says: Jan 13, 2012 3:16 PM

Most NFL fans also are very sick of it.

This year the NFL had 3 quarterbacks that threw for over 5,000 yards…none of them get near the credit that Tebow gets whom has the worst completion percentage in the NFL, but it’s OK cause his defense does all the right moves for him to pull out close wins.

32. zaggs says: Jan 13, 2012 3:22 PM

“It just makes me want to play hard.”

Maybe he’ll finally lose some weight.
    Though I can see the Patriots being made at Tebowmania, leaves no room for Bradymania, and that makes otm Brady sad :0(

33. rdrs68 says: Jan 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Ya think it’s bad on ESPN try living in the Denver media market-can’t even turn on the news to get the weather report without hearing something about Tbow. Scuse me while I puke.

34. broncosaddict says: Jan 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Flacco agrees with you….

35. jimr10 says: Jan 13, 2012 3:23 PM

bearsstillsuck says:
    Jan 13, 2012 2:14 PM
    Espn has been obnoxious this whole season about tebow.
    You are up to the point you threw in Tebow’s name.

36. 6ball says: Jan 13, 2012 3:33 PM

Who is Kyle Love?

Kyle Love was an undrafted DL f rom Mississippi St. who came into camp last year , competed against several veterans and was able to convince Belichick and Pepper Johnson to keep him on the roster.

In year two he has worked himself into the regular DL rotation and is the primary backup to Vince Wilfork, the key man in the Patriots front seven. He also has the ability to play any position along the line, and has an uncanny knack for making plays that don’t always show up on the stat sheet.

That’s a little about Kyle Love. And by the way, thanks for asking.

37. ebeg420 says: Jan 13, 2012 3:35 PM

Kyle Love? Any relation to Kevin? If not, nobody knows who you are. Jealousy is a mofo, ain’t it? Not a Tebow fan but that doesn’t mean I have to hate him, does it?

38. justsayin70 says: Jan 13, 2012 3:37 PM

so hearing about it makes him “play hard”?

what does that say about his effort before Tebowmania started?

39. davidschap says: Jan 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Kyle love is a formidable backup that was thrust into a starting roll with the bust that is haynesworth as well as injuries.

Tim tebow is 2011/2012 mark “the bird” fydrich, the old tigers pitcher IMO. Lots of hype, and a great year, as well as a compelling story.

Do I like him as a qb. Not at all. Horrible throwing motion and indicates his passes.

Do I like the story. Yes, and will be better when it reaches it’s peak and comes crashing down. I do wish him the best though.

I’m a pats fan and hope for a solid performance and victory. May the best team win.

40. EJ says: Jan 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Kyle Love? Who is this guy? Sorry to burst his bubble but, I don’t think many people know who he is, or cares what he thinks. Maybe he should work on his game more than his interviewing skills. Just a thought.

41. deadlyjudas says: Jan 13, 2012 3:49 PM

I don’t know who Kyle Love is, but he’s probably a better QB than Tebow….

42. Patskrieg dot com says: Jan 13, 2012 3:56 PM

Kyle Love (for those of us who watch Patriots games and know who he is) is an awesome character guy who plays with a ton of intensity. Not the most talented player but he’s all heart, and made it known before the two team’s last meeting that Tebowmania is obnoxious. Glad he’s keeping the fire burning for tomorrow.

43. portnoychunk says: Jan 13, 2012 4:03 PM

Kyle Love: better at his position than Tebow is at his. Just so you know.

44. portnoychunk says: Jan 13, 2012 4:06 PM

zaggs says: Jan 13, 2012 3:22 PM

“It just makes me want to play hard.”

Maybe he’ll finally lose some weight.

^^^^^^

You see the house in CA. Brady & his supermodel wife had built? Pretty sure he’s doing fine and could care less.

45. rcali says: Jan 13, 2012 4:13 PM

Sounds like Love has an opinion for each one of his man boooobs.

46. sullijo1 says: Jan 13, 2012 4:14 PM

This is a good sign for the Broncos. The Patriots appeared to be showing them respect all week (just like last game) – probably leading to a similar result.

Teams that have let Tebow get in their heads enough to make comments before the game have lost to them all year.

I hope this is a sign they are taking them lightly, that it’s all about Tebow, and think it will be a lay up.

47. grninerfan says: Jan 13, 2012 4:21 PM

I don’t care what other players think of Tebow and I wish people would quit asking them.

Also if you need another player to make you play your best quit now.

48. bangitfootball says: Jan 13, 2012 4:24 PM

Dear Kyle Love,
    Nobody knows who you are and nobody cares. And on this site thats pretty hard. Dont be jealous Kyle.

49. lanman11 says: Jan 13, 2012 4:29 PM

Running a close second to the obnoxiousness of the Tebow coverage (and I do not dislike Tebow at all), is the “Who is Kyle Love” posts.

50. rajbais says: Jan 13, 2012 4:30 PM

Go Kyle!!!!!

I hate it too!!!!

If we ever went out for dinner you would get a free beer from me!!!!!

51. ogre2010 says: Jan 13, 2012 4:32 PM

Say what you want about the Patriots and Tom Brady coverage but we all know that Tom Brady is a better quaterback

52. lanman11 says: Jan 13, 2012 4:36 PM

By the way, who is going to play quarterback for the other team? I can’t remember. I assume he hasn’t actually done anything to warrant any news coverage of his own. But at least he isn’t whining to the media about being ignored. Maybe he’s one of those guys that just let’s his play on the field do the talking. I did hear him speak a couple of times. He sounded like a good guy; well spoken, with some uncanny insight on both people and the game. Maybe he’ll play well too on Saturday night and make a game out of this. I wish I could remember his name though…..

Anybody? Help me out here……

53. bangitfootball says: Jan 13, 2012 4:37 PM

Tebow won the Heisman trophy and 2 national championships and is a 1st round draft pick.

Love your an undrafted nobody who noone knows so just keep your trap shut.

54. fwippel says: Jan 13, 2012 4:43 PM

Just remember folks: Tebowmania is NOT the fault of Tim Tebow.

Rather it is the fault of a media that loves to build up athletes (and other celebrities) just to tear them down when they come crashing back to earth.

The Patriots will win decisively tomorrow, just like they did in Denver a few weeks back. If Tebow plays poorly, the Patriot defense will get none of the credit, and Tebow will get all the blame. Then the media will proceed to tear down this so-called icon they’ve helped build up, and question whether he should even be the Bronco QB next year.

55. grandpoopah says: Jan 13, 2012 4:45 PM

Kyle Love?! More like Kyle Hate!

T to the moddafaddin BOW!

56. lanman11 says: Jan 13, 2012 4:48 PM

This is for the folks that are marginally spiritual, but who have draped themselves in Tim Tebow’s proclamations of faith, and characterized these football games as some sort of battle between good versus evil, as if for some inexplicable reason, you yourself would actually be part of that cast and it is your job to point out the shortcomings of others. Better check yourself. You’re probably not helping the cause.

Matthew 7:3-5
    New International Version (NIV)

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

57. granadafan says: Jan 13, 2012 5:13 PM

As a Christian, I am offended when people throw religion in people’s faces from athletes to politicians (the worst of the bunch) to the guy on the street corner who shouts about the Rapture. From all accounts, Tebow seems like a good person and a good teammate. However, I cringe everytime he speaks because he’s always throwing out Christian praises.

If I want to hear aobut religion, I’ll go to church. I don’t want to hear this all time, and certainly not during sports or the Super Bowl. Even our pastor was preaching about how we should support Tebow just because he was SO spritual and how we should all go online to vote for Tebow in the Pro Bowl. Rightfully, he was booed. The worst was hearing Sarah Palin throw her support behind Tebow. She wouldn’t know a football from a basketball.

58. TheWizard says: Jan 13, 2012 8:52 PM

She PLAYED basketball, dumbass.

59. gb4b says: Jan 13, 2012 9:23 PM

Kyle Love > EJ (who wrote “Kyle Love? Who is this guy? Sorry to burst his bubble but, I don’t think many people know who he is, or cares what he thinks.”)

Nobody cares what EJ thinks either….

60. ikie12pts says: Jan 15, 2012 12:26 AM

Tebow’s hunger for attention is what bothers me. He is a good young man and obviously a Christian, but that description can apply to many NFL players. How many times have you seen any number of players stop, look to the heavens and point up, to thank God.? I see it all the time. They just don’t have to go through all of the gymnastics of kneeling etc to do it.
    And yes, ESPN is beginning to make me nauseous with the constant Tebowing BS. Let athletes play, for God’s sake and stop making icons out of them for doing something that millions of people do every day.
    It makes me want to gag!!!!

61. justin says: Jan 15, 2012 5:21 PM

Do you idiots know who Kyle love is now? I know bronco fans and little Timmy know, 45-10 so pathetic.