Dennis Allen is the leading candidate in Oakland

Raiders Coachiong Search Football AP

Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen is the leading candidate to become the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that the Raiders have identified Allen as their top choice, although there are still some “final steps” that need to be taken care of before they can come to an agreement.

The news comes as something of a surprise because Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie has made clear from the beginning that he wants to bring in his own candidate, and McKenzie has no ties with Allen. It was widely reported when McKenzie fired Hue Jackson that Packers assistant head coach and linebackers coach Winston Moss, who had a good working relationship with McKenzie in Green Bay, was the leading candidate in Oakland. But that no longer appears to be the case.

The Raiders have already told other candidates, including Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice, that they are no longer in consideration.

The 39-year-old Allen was a starting defensive back at Texas A&M in the 1990s but never got further than a training-camp appearance with the Bills in the NFL. His coaching career began as a graduate assistant at Texas A&M, and he then moved on to Tulsa before getting stints as an assistant with the Falcons and Saints. John Fox hired him in Denver a year ago.

Allen would be the first head coach with a defensive background the Raiders have hired since John Madden.

Permalink 67 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
67 Responses to “Dennis Allen is the leading candidate in Oakland”
  1. swervinmervin says: Jan 24, 2012 11:59 AM

Wow. Talk about uninspiring hires. This was a chance to make a statement. Looks like the only statement is that the Raiders will be looking for a new head coach in about 2 years. This sucks.

2. bigtganks says: Jan 24, 2012 11:59 AM

Hopefully that means the offense stays in tact for some continuity and Al Saunders staying around. Get him hired and fill out that staff!

3. thatobnoxiousguy says: Jan 24, 2012 12:00 PM

Bad move.

The old man is gone, but stupid decisions are still being made in America’s largest landfill.

4. eaglesnoles05 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:00 PM

Man, is it just me, or is the list of NFL head coaching candidates still interviewing just totally lame, inexperienced, and unimpressive across the board? When I’m thanking my stars for Reid being retained, it can’t be good.

5. bigtganks says: Jan 24, 2012 12:03 PM

Know thine enemy. Nice. :)

6. efriedo says: Jan 24, 2012 12:03 PM

What a great hire this would be. I’m gonna renew my season tickets right now…

NOT!

7. theharshestreality says: Jan 24, 2012 12:04 PM

I live in Texas and have never have heard of this guy. A really odd hire in that there were more established candidates than Allen available. Gotta wonder about McKenzie…

8. jmagnet28 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:04 PM

Dennis Allen? OMG!

The Raiders ARE who we thought they were!

That’s why we made the damn hire!

Now if you wanna crown em then crown their ass. But they ARE who we thought they were!And we let em off the hook!

Oh wait….that was Dennis Green. My bad

9. joetoronto says: Jan 24, 2012 12:05 PM

You lost me at “ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report.”

10. mrcosio says: Jan 24, 2012 12:06 PM

The pros of this

- Its not Mornhinweg

- Its not Winston “I’ll be the motivator guy” Moss

- The Broncos will have to look for a new defensive coordinator….AGAIN

- He actually knows what a blitz is

- Most likely won’t ask Lamarr Houston to cover a wide receiver

11. trubroncfan07 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:06 PM

Raiders would be lucky have Allen for this job. I can’t believe he even wants it.

12. sterilizecromartie says: Jan 24, 2012 12:08 PM

“The news comes as something of a surprise because Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie has made clear from the beginning that he wants to bring in his own candidate, and McKenzie has no ties with Allen.”
    ——–
    Just because McKenzie has no previous ties to Allen it doesn’t mean he doesn’t qualify as his “own candidate”.

13. raidermot says: Jan 24, 2012 12:09 PM

The photo that comes with this story mocks me.

That is not the picture of an NFL head coach. That is a picture of an SNL charector as played by Adam Sandler.

14. tooz72 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:10 PM

Al Davis never ever cared about defense, all he cared about was scoring a lot of points and throwing the ball deep to track stars..this hasn’t worked since the early 80s..time to fix the horrible defense..time after time they have been the main problem for this team for the last ten years..and the for the love of Jeebus, cut Stanford Routt! and CJ and Huff!!..

15. realitypolice says: Jan 24, 2012 12:13 PM

Just because McKenzie doesn’t have ties to Allen doesn’t mean Allen doesn’t come in as McKenzie’s “guy”.

If McKenzie interviewed him and picked him, then that certainly makes him his “own candidate”.

16. realitypolice says: Jan 24, 2012 12:15 PM

sterilizecromartie says:
    Jan 24, 2012 12:08 PM
    ——–
    —————————
    Sorry @sterilizecromartie, I didn’t realize you had made that exact point right before I did

17. raider8er says: Jan 24, 2012 12:25 PM

As long as somebody knows something about defense I am for it.

18. jgmankos says: Jan 24, 2012 12:26 PM

As a Raider fan…I’m actually encouraged by the fact that McKenzie actually went out and interviewed and had an open mind during the process…rather than zeroing in on a guy he’s familiar with (Moss) and giving some other ‘token’ interviews before hiring ‘his’ guy. This type of open-mindedness is not something Raider fans are used to seeing…

19. fittytuckin says: Jan 24, 2012 12:27 PM

Typical Jokeland move. Commitment to Excrement.

20. rastaraider says: Jan 24, 2012 12:29 PM

I’m liking this move.. defense has good names n talent with him coaching them up. He had 2 stints as an assistant. last year 1st year as a D Coordinator tour it up.. 1st year head coach??

21. raidermot says: Jan 24, 2012 12:29 PM

“Al Davis never ever cared about defense, all he cared about was scoring a lot of points ”

Al Davis cared too much about defense. He thought he was an expert and dictated the defensive schemes. He hired offense oriented coaches so he could concenrate on meddling with the defense.

22. ghost072 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:31 PM

Al Davis never cared about defense? Dude, you’re a fellow Raider fan, so I’ll cut you some slack, but you need to know the history of your team. If anything, Al Davis cared too much about defense and never hired any strong minded Defensive Coordinators, as a result. Al Davis basically invented the bump and run defense, and loved a man to man defense that could get pressure with it’s front four and blitz rarely. When you have the defensive lines and cornerbacks the Raiders sported in the 70′s and 80′s, that works – not so much when you don’t. I, for one, am excited about seeing two bright defensive minds taking over this football team, McKenzie and Allen (if he is indeed the hire). The offense is ready to roll; get that defense in shape and the Raiders will be good to go.

23. raidermick says: Jan 24, 2012 12:32 PM

It doesn’t really matter to me who our next coach is, because you still have to have players that can tackle. If they can’t, then it’s all academic…

Late…

24. raidmagic says: Jan 24, 2012 12:34 PM

25. wetpaperbag3 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:36 PM

—————

That’s because PFT and other media outlets ASSUMED McKenzie would bring in Moss because he worked with him in Green Bay. Never once had McKenzie said he was going to choose Moss or anyone from Green Bay. Reggie said that he would bring in “HIS GUY.” Apparently, that means someone HE feels comfortable with. Hence the interviews with multiple candidates to determine who he feels comfortable with.

26. ericjshelton says: Jan 24, 2012 12:37 PM

As a Jaguars fan i would like to be the first to say, Welcome to L.A., Just win baby!

27. dawsonleery says: Jan 24, 2012 12:38 PM

Not good new for Denver fans. Allen did an outstanding job with a team with pretty average players really. Denver has a bunch of role players on their defense. I know Von Doom is an elite duo but other than that? Denver fans overrate a lot of their players like D.J Williams… Bailey and Dawkins are not even close to what they were a few years ago. Huge loss for Denver, if this report is true.

28. mkporter says: Jan 24, 2012 12:38 PM

I have no idea if this will be a good hire for the Raiders or not. I do know that this sucks for my Broncos. Allen put together a nice defensive unit this year. Oh well, onto to DC #7 in as many years…

29. mkporter says: Jan 24, 2012 12:40 PM

>I like this hire. Young upcoming defensive coach. Maybe we have the next Brian Billick.

—————————————————————–

Typical raider fan. Billick was an offensive coach.

30. trojan33sc says: Jan 24, 2012 12:41 PM

Just the type of nonsense you would expect from a non-logical organization or GM, nobody knows what the heck they are doing as usual. Blow out the present coach to put your own name on the new HC but then discover that the lead candidate has no ties to the GM so which knucklehead is really running this circus ??? Forget it , i don’t even want to know…………..

31. justwinbaby4life says: Jan 24, 2012 12:42 PM

It doesn’t matter if Dennis Allen isn’t a big name and doesn’t have Head Coaching experience. The defenses he has coached have vastly improved. 3 out of the final 4 teams had good to great defenses.

John Madden and Jon Gruden didn’t really have a great amount of HC experience either.

If he can be as good of a head coach that his defense played making Tebow look that good then I am all for it.

32. donttazemebro says: Jan 24, 2012 12:44 PM

Well,it’s better than hiring back Art Shell for a third time.

33. tdk24 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:44 PM

Allen IS his own candidate, you knucklehead. All of the so called “widely reported” candidates are his own candidates. Hue wasn’t his candidate. Don’t make this any harder than it already is.

34. andyr2120 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:45 PM

One of Hue Jackson’s bigger problems was that he wasn’t able to manage his time and deal with all phases of the game. Allen has never been a head coach and doesn’t even have very much NFL experience, so he might have the same problem. Best bet would be to retain the offensive coaches as much as possible and only manage them from afar.

35. wcman says: Jan 24, 2012 12:45 PM

I guess McKenzie should have consulted all the experts here before making a decision. Nevermind the fact he’s the guy actually interviewing the candidates and all the genius’ here have no idea what each prospective HC brings to the table.

This is why you interview people. To find out what they bring to the table and how they fit in the organization. Obviously Allen has been impressive and McKenzie sees something in him. I know it sounds crazy, but I’m going to go with the guy who, you know has actually talked to these guys and is qualified to make these type of decisions.

36. Raider-in-PA says: Jan 24, 2012 12:46 PM

I’m not thrilled by this idea and it’s the least ‘sexy’ hire posibility. Plus, he’s a former ‘Donkey’ coach and has an extremely short resume. I still trust Reggie’s gut though and maybe he brings in Moss as DC and keep Saunders for continuity… Under those circumstances, it wont seem as bad..
    I certainly wouldnt feel any better with Tice, Mornhinweg or one of the ‘re-tread’ coaches… I was kinda warming up to the idea of Bowles…

37. jimyritz says: Jan 24, 2012 12:49 PM

Honestly have no idea if this guy will be good or not…I do know that Denvers had a solid Defense with some young guys stepping in and doing well.

38. sterilizecromartie says: Jan 24, 2012 12:52 PM

realitypolice says:
    Jan 24, 2012 12:15 PM

——-
    No prob. There’s always like a 5 minute lag time on these comments.

39. Matt says: Jan 24, 2012 12:52 PM

I’m still sore over Hue Jackson, honestly. I don’t know if Dennis Allen is going to be a better option than if we had kept Hue.

I do like the fact that we looked at this coaching search with a more open mind than one was assumed. I did not want to see us simply try to transplant Green Bay.

I’d like to see us keep Al Saunders as OC. Our offense is fine. If Run DMC never went down, we woulda won 12 games. Easy. Hue woulda stayed. We’ve just gotta clean out Mitchell, Rolando, and all the bums on our defense.

40. thingamajig says: Jan 24, 2012 12:52 PM

Raidmagic says Jan 24, 2012 12:34 PM

Uh, Brain Billick was an offensive coach who was the O/C in Minn for 6 years before becoming H/C of the Ravens. He was eventually fired mainly due the lack of the teams offense every year.

41. roamingabriel says: Jan 24, 2012 12:55 PM

Funny, in Miami he’d be called the next Shula, but in Oakland he’s a nobody who won’t cut it.

Could be McKenzie found the next Shula.

Time will tell but I wish him luck!

I don’t see anything not to like!

42. justwinbaby29 says: Jan 24, 2012 12:55 PM

It’s a crapshoot hiring a young unproven head coach. Anyone who says they know how good Dennis Allen will be is only guessing.

He could be Josh McDaniels or Lane Kiffen or he could be Mike Tomlin or Sean Payton.

Nobody knows.

43. roamingabriel says: Jan 24, 2012 12:57 PM

Oh, and SERIOUSLY!

Who would hire someone from the GB defensive side of the ball?

44. efriedo says: Jan 24, 2012 12:57 PM

I guess it’s not his fault his team had a QB that completed 8 passes a game for 123 yards. when the offense goes 3-and-out 12 times in 15 possessions, it’s not all on the defense…

45. huejackson says: Jan 24, 2012 12:59 PM

Raiders and Dennis Allen have verbally agreed to terms, So Allen is the new head coach Negotiations pending—per RaiderNewsFlash
    Which is 95% of the time right on the money, and thats a the best percentage for anyone reporting Raider news.
    I think the keyword though RNF says is NEGOTIATIONS PENDING we all know that can go bad quicky, for example if he asked for a big deal that the Raiders dont wana pay..
    So I say lots of coaches verbally agree to deals does not mean its going to happen

46. hdahs143 says: Jan 24, 2012 1:04 PM

Based on the accuracy (or lack thereof) of all of the previous head coaching predictions this year, it is probably just as safe to assume Dennis Green has the inside track as the Raiders next HC.

47. dgstan says: Jan 24, 2012 1:21 PM

Here’s a novel thought: I’m going to assume that McKenzie knows football. He interviewed several candidates and is choosing the one he thinks will do the best job. I’m going to trust him with this decision because he knows a helluva lot more about it than I do.

Go Raiders!!!

48. jgrange says: Jan 24, 2012 1:31 PM

That defense he coached was good enough to get Denver into the playoffs despite their horrible liability on the other side of the football in the name of Tebow. I like the hire because this team lacked discipline and identity on defense. The offense is loaded and any average coach can get results out of them, imo. Keep Al Saunders for all I care. Fix the defense and the Raiders are in the playoffs. If McFadden stays healthy, then the Raiders are a legitimate playoff threat. Big If but the team has some talent to do some damage if they can lower penalties and make stops.

49. doitbigreggiemckenzie says: Jan 24, 2012 1:34 PM

dgstan says:
    Jan 24, 2012 1:21 PM

Go Raiders!!!

Couldn’t agree more. Everyone needs to get over the Hue Jackson stuff. Not one Raider fan, or any fan for that matter, know jack about any of these canidates.

I will believe the hire when I actually see it. Didn’t these two clowns report Marty M was in the lead yesterday? And local news is reporting that there is a mystery canidate in the final three along with Allen and Moss.

I am actually happy it has taken this long to get to this point. Looks like the new HC will have earned the position. I look forward to seeing the new staff that is brought in here and believe the Raiders may finally be taking steps to end their run of crap football.

50. nflofficeadmin says: Jan 24, 2012 1:35 PM

I like the hire. Denver’s defense was a force this year and did a great job of blitzing and getting to the quarterback. Now Denver has to get a new coordinator and their defense starts over again.

It’s a positive that a thorough process took place and Reggie thought enough of this guy to hire him over one of the GB guys. Let’s give this guy some time before we string him up in the town center.

Go Raiders!!

51. ern215 says: Jan 24, 2012 1:42 PM

i like the move..the denver broncos defense kept them in every game, and even into the playoffs, if our defense can play like that, and our offense stays intact and healthy, we will make a huge turnaround like the ugly team across the bay.

52. jlb10 says: Jan 24, 2012 1:46 PM

raidmagic dude billick was supposed to be an offensive guru. he was the oc when the vikes put up huge numbers on offense. that is what got him the job in baltimore. unfortunately for him the offense didn’t do jack. fortunately for him the defense was dominant.

but i do like the hire if indeed he is the hire

53. iplaybad says: Jan 24, 2012 1:51 PM

I love how clueless Raider Nation is about quality football coaching. The Raiders have some of the sickest D-Line talent in the NFL and Allen’s schemes rely on getting pressure with mad blitzes generated primarily only by D-Line pressure. As a guy who has been around the league, Allen can hire offensive-minded guys who can get this thing done.

As a Broncos fan, I’d be sad about this departure. Our defensive talent is very average aside from 3-4 quality players like Dumervil, Miller, Bailey, and occasional appearances from Chris Harris. Yet, during the magic run when they carried Tebow’s ass, Allen’s D cut down the points allowed by ten points per game and got 3+ sacks per game.

Ugh. I knew this McKenzie hire would suck for us.

54. ghost072 says: Jan 24, 2012 2:05 PM

You say Raider Nation is clueless about football coaching, then say that Allen’s schemes rely on getting pressure with mad blitzes generated primarily only with D-Line pressure?” Tell us, football coaching guru, how often did Denver defensive line blitz last season? LOL.

55. souldogdave says: Jan 24, 2012 2:06 PM

This is a talented young coach who got Denver’s D to over perform. Keep the O coordinator ,and we look good.And we sandbag Denver to boot!

56. ern215 says: Jan 24, 2012 2:09 PM

iplaybad says:Jan 24, 2012 1:51 PM

Ugh. I knew this McKenzie hire would suck for us.
    ==================================

normally, i would never agree with a brcocos fan, but this dude is spot on about this young defensive coach, we all know tebow didnt carry the team to the playoffs, it was their defense……………..btw , all of the raider nation is not as ignorant as the (so-called-fans)people that post on here
    RAIDER NATION FO LIFE!!

57. thatstinks says: Jan 24, 2012 2:15 PM

Some of you need to chill . Ya know the Rams were going to hire this guy if Fisher didn’t take the job . I think this might be a nice hire . Go to the Bronco website and read his philosophy .

From the Broncos site

“We want to be a violent, aggressive defense that plays within the rules, but we’re going to try to hit you as hard as we can,” Allen said. “Obviously, schematically we’re going to try to bring pressure in different areas when we get you in those types of downs and distances.”

Dude sounds like Mike Tomlin . I like the hire . Give the guy a chance .

58. thetwilightsown says: Jan 24, 2012 2:18 PM

Lets say Denver never hired Josh McDaniels, he’d stayed with the Pats all this time and the Raiders hired him… all these experts (Commenting from their phones when they should be keeping an eye on those hooligans loitering in front of the Cinn-a-Bon… damn, the mall is BUSY today!) would be lauding it as the best move of the century. Just like they did when the Donks hired him.

Oops.

Reggie interviewed the guys that were out there and if this is the coach he hires, it’s because he thinks he’s the best man for the job. Reggie played in the NFL. Reggie has made major moves behind the scenes with one of the most successful and respected teams in the league for almost 20 years. This may come as a shock but… he for sure knows more about this than you.

59. mjbulls45 says: Jan 24, 2012 2:24 PM

IF ANY REAL RAIDERS READ THIS…

as the PFTers out there read my Pro – Raider statements ,

and no one is more optimistic and BIAS in favor of Raider views/ways then me ,

THIS IS A TRAGEDY.

NO NO and NO .

unbelievable ,

i hate all of this, u fire Hue Jackson, lets be real, hue jackson and carson palmer WOULD have got this team to the playoffs next year and a weak AFC West division.

to bring this guy in , MANNNNNNNN , come on now ,

aint NO ONE gonna go to the games, there gonna be like 4-12, the offense is gonna fall apart,

the defense is gonna be average.

THIS IS WHY – I WAS SO UPSET WHEN AL PASSED,

I KNEW , it was over…

the raiders as we knew them , over, and here comes the “oh they were terrible the past few years ” lines, but ppl dont understand,

sports are cyclical , teams go thru massive ups and downs, Al had the team in the big game in 2002, he was gonna get them back,

and this McKenzie guy, thanks , THE PACKER WAY is all i hear about,

WHAT PACKER WAY! they got eliminated and have a fluke ring last year, thats it ,

WHAT ABOUT THE RAIDER WAY ,

mckenzie is on a power trip, he wants to start his own legacy so hes not gonna even TALK to any established coaches,

i’m telling the whole PFT WORLD RIGHT NOW, if dennis allen is coach,

they will lose the entire fan base,

it has got to be the worst and most un-inspiring hire of all time,

really, yea we really wanna rock n roll with a broncos d – coordinator, they went 8-8!!! how is this better then HUE JACKSON , who Al picked to coach the squad for the next few years,

you got other raider fans that are confused and gonna be all about dennis allen, and be supportive,

yeah yeah yeah, 4-12, 5-11, oh yay 6-10 , here we go again,

AL ALWAYS HIRED OFFENSIVE COACHES , he had beef with them , but they all were GOOD HIRES- shanahan , gruden, even kiffin – all great minds, all successful at places,

we go defensive coach with an average coordinator, GREAT.

time to put away all silver & black, the Al era is over, the Raiders are over,

this new guy McKenzie , with this new way of thinking and business, its not what the Raider Nation wants, listen to the people!!! – read all of PFT and the other blogs/forums,

WE ALL DONT WANT THIS GUY

thanks a lot. now its back to focusing on real life and leaving football fandom behind for good, thank goodness there other things like REAL HARDCORE FOOTBALL COACHES – cowher, gruden, belicheck, coughlin, tomlin,

there hott girls, NBA basketball, investment portfolios, etc, real life,

bc I used to have the Raiders above everything , all that stuff,

now there are no Raiders, and its back to living regular life.

60. rando74 says: Jan 24, 2012 2:24 PM

Dennis Allen? OMG!

The Raiders ARE who we thought they were!

That’s why we made the damn hire!

Oh wait….that was Dennis Green. My bad
    __________________________________

You’re dumb. Thats not even funny. Go away.

61. bandoy767 says: Jan 24, 2012 2:42 PM

I don’t know what a lot of my fellow Raider fans saw this season but what I saw was a Raider team that failed on defense and a Broncos team that made it to the playoffs from their defense. He may not be a big name but this is the NFL not a highschool popularity contest. Just the fact that we would get more info on the Broncos and force them to hire another D cordinator should be reason that this is a positive not a negative.

62. raiderssf says: Jan 24, 2012 3:01 PM

If Al Saunders stays to call the plays, Wylie remains as the oline coach and Fassel remains as the Special Teams coach, and if this coach can trust those men to do their jobs, I think the Raiders will be ok and possibly better than 8-8.

63. iplaybad says: Jan 24, 2012 3:08 PM

Dear ghost072:

Well, since you asked, I figured I’d educate you…

The Broncos had 41 team sacks this year.

The leader in the clubhouse was Von Miller with 11.5. While classified as a LB, Miller generally got sacks when he lined up as a five or six technique in pass rush situations since he often played a hybrid role. In other words, he played as a functional DE in pass rushing downs.

Next was Elvis Dumervil, a Defensive End, with 9.5.

I could go on, but Allen’s D-Line here in Denver made up 12 of the remaining 21 sacks. Schematically, a player who lined up on the defensive line (NOT counting inside line-backers, corners, or safeties on a blitz) counted for 30 of the team’s total of 41 sacks. This doesn’t count hurries, pressures, etc.

Since it’s the NFL, it’s tough to “bring the house” since a lot of good QBs get rid of the ball quickly in man coverage. So, a guy like Allen will rush 4-5 guys on the D-Line and drop everyone else into coverage.

Aside from Dumervil and Miller, pretty much every other regular rotation front seven player for the Raiders is better than what we have here in Denver. Allen would have a field day drawing up plans for those guys and Raider fans on here bitch and whine.

Gimme a break.

64. ludachrisgsx says: Jan 24, 2012 3:59 PM

“I’m all for a defensive coach, but the Broncos got torched by every good offensive team they played…and so did the Raiders…”

The difference is, the Broncos didn’t get torched by the bad offensive teams. Overall, the Broncos had what everyone considered to be a solid defense with average players – it’s the only reason they made the playoffs. That’s a good thing – something we certainly haven’t had for quite a while.

65. aldog83 says: Jan 24, 2012 4:03 PM

I have been a RAIDERS fan my whole life.

A season Ticket Holder for 10 years.

I am dissapointed in the seemingly irrational changes.

Before Hue our offense was terrible.

With Much of the key players being the same.

We need a Defensive Coach.

Agreed.

But a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR is enough.

Make MOSS D.C. or whoever will make best use of the players we have or intend to add….

GRUDEN will inspire the fan base.

GRUDEN will sell tickets.

GRUDEN can call plays.

Hiring Moss, Allen, or the Mystery Canidate will not inspire this offense or anyone.

Much faith has been put in Reggie.

Stressing the importance of the the past.

The History and “former Greatness” of the RAIDERS.

and SEVEN coaches since GRUDEN.

We do not resemble the winningest team in football!

Our 3 straight division titles with GRUDEN was the closest I have seen in my 25 years as a RAIDER fan.

Reggie talks about “going to work” “Steel Mill Workers” mentality or work ethic.

Few, (maybe nobody) was dedicated more that JON GRUDEN. Much has been documented about his lack of sleep. 3-4 hrs some nights…..the rest dedicated to making his team Better…..THE RAIDERS.

Jon understands and appreciates and supports the comraderie and participation of RAIDER greats in the organization. Respecting and inspiring player with Alumni.

One of the great traits of our former Leader Al Davis. Once a RAIDER alwasys a RAIDER. Taking care of the loyalty of the people we lead.

We have spent our $$$$ in merchandise, road trips, and tickets.

Many people have spent $$ with the RAIDERS losing there homes, cars, families, during these difficult economical times.

We look forward as fans to a release.

Give us some hope.

Sacraficing for the team we adore, the image that has been sold to us…….

Hiring a NO NAME at this time will be a defeat in the mind of the FANS, the NFL, and hopefully not the Players.

Please make a statement, Address the concern of the RAIDER NATION.

Do everything possible to bring in GRUDEN. We want to hear NO from JON GRUDEN.

(Not, that the Raiders did not even try)

We know he has a sweet gig at ESPN. But that is the RAIDERS jog to sell him back.

Like person we loved and let get away, we try our best to bring them back into our lives regardless of the odds…….

And interview to humor us, Just to make us feel like you are trying.

We are at your mercy. Please do not belittle this.

But like a bad relationship.

How much more suffering do you expect the FAN BASE to endure.

If Davis/Mckenzie mean what they say.

They should listen to the cries of many.

Please don’t dissapoint us.

Or, At least humor us.

Thanks.

A faithful fan.

66. seven2k says: Jan 24, 2012 4:03 PM

@iplaybad Couldnt said it better myself!

67. bwisnasky says: Jan 24, 2012 4:58 PM

mjbulls45 – Seriously dude… put down the double latte and walk back from the ledge.. it’s the hire of a football coach.. who may or may not be any better than what we have had for 20 years… it certainly isn’t worth getting that upset about… nor does it truly affect my life… I root when they win, I cuss when they lose… but my life goes on with or without the Raiders….

——————————————

aldog83 – You are absolutely high as a kite if you think that I would ever want the guy that set this team up for 10 years of failure to be interviewed, much less ever get the job. Seriously, I didn’t want any of the retread coaches, and most importantly, not Gruden. Gruden sold his soul to try to buy a championship with the Raiders with a bunch of over priced vets, who’s contracts basically assured the Raiders of 10 years in the toilet, long after he made his little trip to Tampa to essentially do the same thing to them. Gruden? NO THANKS!