Is Eli better than Peyton?

Mike Florio talks with NFL Newsday columnist Bob Glauber about the Super Bowl matchup between the Patriots and Giants and his belief that Eli Manning is an elite quarterback who he’d take over Peyton Manning.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, PFT Live, Videos
7 Responses to “Is Eli better than Peyton?”
  1. cowhawkfan says: Jan 27, 2012 3:56 PM

No, but he plays for a more talented and better coached team and organization.

2. maxl49 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:07 PM

Child please ! …
    Without the fumbles he would have put up 0 points in last week 2nd half …

3. georgebrett says: Jan 27, 2012 4:13 PM

I think he is. He’s playing in his 2nd Superbowl soon and Peyton will be watching from a suite because he couldn’t play this year.

I’d bet a lot that every GM in football would take Eli over Peyton right now.

4. georgebrett says: Jan 27, 2012 4:26 PM

maxl49,

what decides games more than anything else in football?

Turnovers!!!

5. duanethomas says: Jan 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Oh Gawd PFT people, we have a perfect storm here. There will be at least 5 Mannings stories a day, everyday for the next 10 days. Then its going to be Peyton all this off-season. If you overdosed on Favre, you AIN’T seen nothing yet. Mannings all the time…..

6. buzzbissinger says: Jan 27, 2012 11:55 PM

Yes, Eli IS better than Peyton, but coming from me, that ain’t saying a whole lot.

7. 4ever19 says: Jan 28, 2012 12:26 PM

I am a lifelong Colts fan. I predicted that when Eli came out of college, he would be better than big brother Peyton. Seemed to have more fire and that certain something needed to win big (read postseason) games. For a long time, my son laughed at me. This season, he’s not laughing so much. If the Giants win another SB, I think you have to give strong consideration to the idea that Peyton is the 2nd best QB in the family. There is something to be said for the fact that the Giants overall are/have been the better team, which gives Eli the edge, but that isn’t all of it.