Manningham wants to see Edelman on the field

Indianapolis Colts v New England Patriots Getty Images

During crunch time of Sunday’s AFC title game, the Patriots used one man to cover Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin when Boldin lined up in the slot.

That one man wasn’t a defensive back.  It was receiver Julian Edelman.

And so when the Giants bring Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham to the line in nine days, Manningham hopes to see Edelman on the other side of the field.

I hope he’s out there when we play them,” Manningham tells the Boston Herald.  “I don’t want to sound like that, but you know what I mean.  To our advantage, I hope he’s out there. . . .

“It’s a different stage.  This ain’t regular season.  That ain’t your real position, so we’re going to try to expose you.  It’s all or nothing now.  That ain’t your position, this is the Super Bowl and we want you to play that position.”

Comments like that will serve to motivate Edelman, but how much will that matter?  He’s playing out of position by necessity, and he couldn’t keep up with Boldin.  Bob Glauber of Newsday predicted during today’s PFT Live that, if Edelman lines up against Cruz in the slot, Cruz will “destroy” him.

Permalink 123 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
123 Responses to “Manningham wants to see Edelman on the field”
  1. squinn21 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:18 PM

Giants, shut up!! We want you to actually win. – The whole country

2. fittytuckin says: Jan 27, 2012 4:18 PM

He’s just as good as Jason Sehorn.

3. jdandcoke says: Jan 27, 2012 4:19 PM

cruz destroys real defensive backs….what he’d do to edelman would be criminal.

4. jmagnet28 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:19 PM

It’s amazing to me when a pedestrian WR like Manningham feels the need to get mouthy before the SB.

Focus on YOUR game stud.

5. Jon DiPietro says: Jan 27, 2012 4:21 PM

Keep chirping, little birdies.

6. zaggs says: Jan 27, 2012 4:22 PM

Who doesn’t want to see the other team’s 5th string out there? Hell the Patriots would be happy to see Wil Blackmon out there for the giants.

7. realnflmaster says: Jan 27, 2012 4:22 PM

Cue the cry baby whiners ready to complain and stomp their feet because somebody in the NFL is confident in their team.

8. moolah954 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:22 PM

just goes to show you Joe Flacco has no vison

9. unbreakable02215 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:23 PM

Is it me or does the talk out of NY (Both the
    team AND their media) sound like next Sunday
    is going to be a mere formality ?

10. tombradyallday says: Jan 27, 2012 4:24 PM

as a patriots fan hes right. i think the whole world saw what anquan bolden did to edelman last sunday

11. sschmiggles says: Jan 27, 2012 4:24 PM

Edelman played one bad game and now everyone’s writing him off.

OK. He’s actually a good press corner, but whatever.

12. LoCoSu@%s says: Jan 27, 2012 4:24 PM

squinn21 says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:18 PM
    Giants, shut up!! We want you to actually win. – The whole country

————————–

I guess New York (Jersey?) is its own country

13. crw37 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:25 PM

@squinn21

Pretty sure that Philly. DC, Dallas, SanFran, Atlanta and Green Bay, not mention all of New England, are rooting for the Patriots.

14. rc33 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:26 PM

That’s it; it’s just all too apparent now.
    The Patriots might not even bother showing up next Sunday.
    Congrats on having already won SB 46, Giants.

15. deepthreat says: Jan 27, 2012 4:27 PM

Edelman – or anyone else – won’t have to bother covering Manningham because he can’t catch – 6 drops and only 39 receptions.

16. mymanmccoy says: Jan 27, 2012 4:27 PM

Um, ok, and do you want to see Hernandez in the backfield again? Just shut up and run your routes.

17. bearsstillsuck says: Jan 27, 2012 4:27 PM

The giants have been obnoxious this postseason, I hope they get embarrassed.

18. delhommed says: Jan 27, 2012 4:27 PM

Manningham, if Edleman would have covered you when App State beat michigan in the big house, would you have been on the winning team? Doubt it!

19. deepbacksidedig says: Jan 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Giants are becoming very chatty.

20. ProDolphinsTalk says: Jan 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Let the record show who’s doing all the talking here… The Pats can hang 35 on the Giants easy. I’ve seen it before and we will see it again.

21. smellslikekuka says: Jan 27, 2012 4:29 PM

Manningham must have studied a lot of tape to come to the conclusion he wants a quarterback turned receiver turned defensive back covering him.

22. tiffpats4eva says: Jan 27, 2012 4:30 PM

Keep talking.

23. east96st says: Jan 27, 2012 4:30 PM

Cruz OR Nicks will destroy him. Nicks might double over laughing. Belichick is too smart to allow a mismatch like that. Not sure why Mario is talking smack, though. He has been very inconsistent this year. Stop dropping passes, Mario, and finish your routes BEFORE you talk.

24. lanjoith says: Jan 27, 2012 4:30 PM

The Patriots have won Super Bowls with Troy Brown playing DB. I doubt it will be the difference in the game.

25. geniusfan says: Jan 27, 2012 4:31 PM

I don’t think this will necessarily help the Patriots in a big way and the Giants have been backing it up all year so they have my respect.

Still though as a Pats fan between all the New York papers calling Brady soft, guaranteeing a Giants victory and then on top of all that having to listen to Giants players more or less calling out Edelman and the Patriots’ defense well it makes me want to go out there and try to play so I can only assume it will sharpen focus and intensity for the Patriots when the time comes.

Don’t keep rattling that cage….

26. cromags says: Jan 27, 2012 4:31 PM

Gee whiz Belichik better bring Bob Glauber in as a consultant or something.

27. Soulman45 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:31 PM

The Gaints are doing all the talking. The Pats seen to be getting ready for the game. Do it make a difference?

28. mavajo says: Jan 27, 2012 4:32 PM

God I hope the Giants get absolutely owned. The most arrogant 9-7 team in NFL history.

29. kingviking414 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:35 PM

squinn21 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:18 PM

Giants, shut up!! We want you to actually win. – The whole country

————-

squinn21, shut up!!! I actually want the Giants to lose. – Me

30. 1buckeye76 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:35 PM

Not a fan of either team, but i’m starting to pull for the Pats in this one… they may have been appointed “the hottest team in the league” right now, however, that all ends as soon as you lose – the G-men are talking way too much.

31. jerseyshoregiant says: Jan 27, 2012 4:36 PM

squinn21 says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:18 PM
    Giants, shut up!! We want you to actually win. – The whole country
    ————————————-
    Squinn you pipe down! Mario speaks the truth! Who wouldn’t want a receiver playing out of position as a D-back against Cruz or Nicks or Manningham. BTW we don’t need or want you or the whole country rooting for the Giants. Giant fans will take care of the rooting!!!

32. j0esixpack says: Jan 27, 2012 4:37 PM

Edelman … Backup quarterback, wide receiver, kick returner, punt returner, nickleback, cornerback, and potential Giant killer.

33. bigdan7885 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:37 PM

I agree Giants, don’t yap off at the mouth like other teams. You’re better than that!

34. norseyapper says: Jan 27, 2012 4:38 PM

Well yeah, that would be kind of funny. In a mean spirited and sad kind of way.

35. prettytonyt says: Jan 27, 2012 4:39 PM

edelman has zero shot against cruz in the slot with eli throwing. sorry.

36. nyyjetsknicks says: Jan 27, 2012 4:40 PM

Edelman on Cruz would be hilarious to see.

37. gbrown23 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:43 PM

I’m glad somebody said it..Bill bellicheck gets to much praise for some questionable decisions..that wr at db idea is risky..I’d much rather have some veteran db or undrafted free agent db covering anybody before I had Edelman covering anyone..I’d bet my life Eli goes after him early and often

38. riverhorsey says: Jan 27, 2012 4:43 PM

Not like Boldin tore him up, he had 6 catches, no td’s.

39. frownifdown says: Jan 27, 2012 4:44 PM

I’m tired of seeing this one comment get all the likes and dislikes. Go patriots!

40. dryzzt23 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:44 PM

OMG Can Manningham be any more RACIST? I mean what if Brian Urlacher was going to face the Seahawks and said that the Seahawks had better not play Tavaris Jackson b/c Urlacher would own him?

If Belichik is confident enough to use Edelman at all these positions then he MUST be good enough to play at the NFK level, and I am confident that he COULD cover Manningham.
    Is Manningham fast? No.
    Is Manningham a great route runner? No.
    Is Manningham an intelligent student of the game? No.

Manningham is merely implying that since Edelman is white then he must be much slower than Manningham solely due to his skin pigment.

Where is the outrage against Manningham for being so racist? Oh there is none since he is black and can make racist statements all he wants. If the situation were reversed then the Pats would be forced to cut Edelman and everyone knows it.

41. bertilfox says: Jan 27, 2012 4:45 PM

Giants, keep talking. The Patriots bulletin board is filling up. Patriot Nation.

42. jakek2 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:45 PM

To all that are sick of the Giants’ talk –

Look, the Giants play in a city where there are 10 reporters for every player. During Super Bowl week, that number skyrockets. A player can’t take a leak in NY without being bombarded with questions. Plus, even if they give a response, you all know that with the type of journalism there is today, Mario could have easily said, “I hope to see Edelman out there, our families vacation together” and these outlets would only report, “I hope to see Edelman out there”.

43. hawkitnow says: Jan 27, 2012 4:45 PM

I for one, would like to see Edelman shut down Manningham every time they line up opposite of each other now.

44. infectorman says: Jan 27, 2012 4:46 PM

un -believable! This guy talks and sounds as if he’s never been in a Superbowl before! Spewing out bulletin board material like that,

Oh, wait….

45. eaglesnoles05 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:47 PM

Good, he’ll be happy, cuz #3 wrs usually see edelman

46. jetsfaninmiami says: Jan 27, 2012 4:47 PM

Be careful what you wish for, see 9ers, and yeah, the whole country is rooting for ya. NE only has there fans at home.

47. infectorman says: Jan 27, 2012 4:47 PM

###############################
    Boy that Bob Glauber likes life on the edge, eh?

48. 2mannings1cup says: Jan 27, 2012 4:49 PM

Ah, I love it. SO MUCH MATERIAL! Bill will have fun clipping these countless quotes and sharing them with the Pats.

49. jetsfaninmiami says: Jan 27, 2012 4:49 PM

Don’t worry, we are playing turf, just like home.

50. thereisalwaysnextyear says: Jan 27, 2012 4:50 PM

““I hope he’s out there when we play them,” Manningham tells the Boston Herald. “I don’t want to sound like that, but you know what I mean. To our advantage, I hope he’s out there. . . .”

CAREFUL what you wish for buddy. If he’s so talented he can play both ways(not that there is anything wrong with that ;) don’t doubt him. I think there is a correlation between a player’s IQ and his ability to keep his mouth shut in a situation like this.

51. christmarine says: Jan 27, 2012 4:50 PM

Manningham your the weak link out of that threesome shut it. Your giving the pats more crap to pissed off about. And you know how that usually ends up.

52. cowboyhater says: Jan 27, 2012 4:51 PM

Would love to see Edelman get an INT in this game. I really beginning to hate the Giants, and their big mouths. Wait, I always hated the Giants, so it will make me laugh even harder to see them fall in the Super Bowl.

53. trappdaddy says: Jan 27, 2012 4:51 PM

Manningham…..you ignorant.

54. nineroutsider says: Jan 27, 2012 4:53 PM

The whole country wants the Giants to win? My horse got put down last week…I could care less who wins (assuming Patriots fans don’t annoy the crap out of me on here with their arrogance) as long as it is one of the best games I have ever seen I will be happy.

I think this will be one heck of a game. 2 teams that you know will go hard after it and probably aren’t too fond of each other. Brady is going to have to play his butt off this game…

55. descendency says: Jan 27, 2012 4:57 PM

Bill Belichick might be desperate in the secondary, but he’s also a great strategist (especially given 2 weeks). I can imagine him using Edelman as a decoy to bait Manning to throw into double coverage.

If I were the Giants, I’d be happier when Edelman wasn’t out there, because it’s far less likely to be a trap.

56. nineroutsider says: Jan 27, 2012 4:58 PM

crw37 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:25 PM

@squinn21

———————————————————–
    Why, I think it is better to lose to the eventual champ don’t you? No hard feeling toward the G-Men from me…the 9ers just couldn’t quite do it, but the Giants know how close it really was and there is respect there.

Just play the best super bowl ever and I will be happy. No matter what you think of the 9ers, they gave us 2 great playoff games…hope these 2 teams do the same.

57. michael228 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:59 PM

Funny, if Tom Brady even implied who he’d like to have on the field, this place would light up how he’s an arrogant DB.

let me be the first to say, dude, you sound like an arrogant douche bag.

58. jrs1972 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:59 PM

if these wr’s are so awesome how come the giants didnt go 16-0?

59. harrisonhits2 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:59 PM

I’ll laugh if Edelman gets an interception.

60. deepbacksidedig says: Jan 27, 2012 5:01 PM

OT: Is this board behaving strangely today for other folks?

61. rc33 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:01 PM

Great name, Glauber. Sounds like something that ate Cleveland.
    By all means, please, please, please keep running your mouths for the next 8 days.

62. nejerseygirl says: Jan 27, 2012 5:03 PM

Yea, the Giants wouldn’t want to have to go up against people who are in their normal positions… that might mean they’d get beat! Next thing you know they’ll be praying for more Pats injuries too..

63. postfixer says: Jan 27, 2012 5:09 PM

Manningham should start selling FredEx t-shirts this week, I bet he can get a discount on Freddie’s remaining stock.

64. ftblfan9 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:10 PM

If Edleman has to single cover anyone it it needs to be a third rate receiver prone to drop passes. Any candidates Manningham?

65. TheWizard says: Jan 27, 2012 5:10 PM

The most arrogant 9-7 team in NFL history

They certainly are believing what the sports media is telling them. Can’t seem to help themselves.

66. gmen212542 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:10 PM

Just go out there and play!

67. deepbacksidedig says: Jan 27, 2012 5:11 PM

Look, the Giants play in a city where there are 10 reporters for every player.
    ************
    They should know better.
    NY should have advantage because of the intensity of media, and interest. Playoff atmosphere elsewhere is just another week in NY.
    Players learn. Or they don’t.

Publicly, the Giants are getting more comfy revealing their private thoughts, private thoughts about how much better they are.

Next week will be interesting. These things typically don’t start up until week 2.
    I would expect to hear something from/about Coughlin, an attempt to squelch this trend.

68. kingpel says: Jan 27, 2012 5:11 PM

Why do I get the feeling that the NY Giants are about to get their asses kicked?

69. armchairqb says: Jan 27, 2012 5:12 PM

I love all the comments from Pats fans about “bulletin board material.” Man, when has a Belichick team EVER needed bulletin board b.s.?

If Bill’s boys really need this silly bush league stuff to get motivated for a Super Bowl, something’s gone seriously sideways in Foxboro, and we’re a long way from the vaunted Patriots of earlier this century.

70. ihatestupidpeople says: Jan 27, 2012 5:12 PM

I wonder what happened to all the “Dynasty is over” talk? I don’t even care if they win, coin toss really as they are pretty even. Just happy to see them get there having read, “Billicheat hasn’t gotten to the SB since spyegate!” on PFT each day…

71. mikea311 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:14 PM

——————-

and the Giants can hang 35 on the Pats, probably easier. Whats the point?

72. willisaldon9952 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:17 PM

Let the trash talking begin……….

73. rcb0424 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:18 PM

How many times this postseason can a teams fans bring up giants trash talk or guarantees or actions and say oh yea it’s bulletin board material and so on. Get over it. Stop grasping. Falcons then packers then niners and now patriots. It is what it is. I have NEWS for you, if the patriots or bill b need this as motivation or to add to motivation then you are in DEEP trouble. 07 and the biggest game of their life should be enough motivation. E falcons, packers and niners didn’t talk any going into the game and guess what, the giants had enough motivation to beat them all.

74. Patskrieg dot com says: Jan 27, 2012 5:20 PM

I guess if you can’t hire a kicking consultant to do you smack talking, Mario Manningham is the next most insignificant guy. Keep those gums flapping.

75. bobhk says: Jan 27, 2012 5:22 PM

crw37 says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:25 PM
    @squinn21

—————

76. deepbacksidedig says: Jan 27, 2012 5:22 PM

armchairqb says:
    Jan 27, 2012 5:12 PM

************
    BB has always used this. Past crews have thrived on it.
    Disrespect and attitude build an emotional momentum. It is a huge factor. BB uses everything.

Folks should realize that by now.

77. inthearex says: Jan 27, 2012 5:26 PM

One win (barely) against a team over 500 this year. No wonder the patriots won’t talk this week.

78. cubsisles72 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:26 PM

Oh manning. You’re such a ham. U going down.

79. ingloriousmaster says: Jan 27, 2012 5:35 PM

lets play the game first

80. trseann says: Jan 27, 2012 5:37 PM

This is the fourth straight week that I’ve read “keep talking, Giants” from opposing fans whenever a player has expressed confidence.

And I’ll say this again: At the end of the game, only one board matters, and it sure isn’t going to be the bulletin.

81. bucks12965 says: Jan 27, 2012 5:37 PM

Does anyone really believe that any given player will actually play harder or better in this game because of trash talk?

I’m pretty sure all players on both sides are going to put forth 100% effort. After all, it is kind of a big game.

82. zn0rseman says: Jan 27, 2012 5:40 PM

I for run am rooting for the Patriots because I can’t stand the mouthy Giants or their idiot NY fans.

83. deepbacksidedig says: Jan 27, 2012 5:41 PM

***********
    Just hope the Giants won’t be looking there to know what down it is.

84. jdandcoke says: Jan 27, 2012 5:53 PM

the funny thing is that there are actually nimrods on this site who think manningham isnt a top notch receiver. wait and see how much money he gets this off-season as a FA…the giants have almost no chance of retaining him.

85. ampats says: Jan 27, 2012 6:01 PM

Next Sunday, Edelman Pick 6

86. habsman says: Jan 27, 2012 6:02 PM

Wait a second.

Are you telling me the Pat’s are in the Super Bowl with a former Quarter Back playing Defensive Back??

Well they must be cheating.

But how?? Hmmmm.

Number 4 on the way? Lots of nervous haters out there.

87. waltdawg says: Jan 27, 2012 6:11 PM

They should pick on that dude all day long if he is out there.

88. deepbacksidedig says: Jan 27, 2012 6:48 PM

They should pick on that dude all day long if he is out there.
    *************
    Played 27 downs on D, mostly on Boldin vs Ravens.

89. jg725 says: Jan 27, 2012 6:50 PM

“pats hang 35 on the giants easy” – really? pats scored 34 on the giants – in the last TWO games combined against them

90. bspurloc says: Jan 27, 2012 6:53 PM

I just want to see Manningham NOT get injured on every catch

91. bosfaninva says: Jan 27, 2012 7:06 PM

I love the talk about Edelman on Cruz. He will never be on Cruz. Bob Glauber just destroyed whatever rep he had with that bit of idiocy.

92. mistrezzrachael says: Jan 27, 2012 7:56 PM

This SB is kinda getting a little chippy…Which is too bad, because while not a Giant fan, have always respected their organization…as opposed to the sewer rat jet team.

Mario…you aren’t that good…so be careful what you wish for. No way you’re near the receiver that Boldin is, physically or performance wise. Decent, but not good enough to chirp.

This game looks /feels like NE going to come out pretty heavy on NY…noone giving them a shot…every time that has happened in last 10 years??? they win

93. dkeyser says: Jan 27, 2012 8:15 PM

Aint aint a word

94. 49erstim says: Jan 27, 2012 8:21 PM

I just first want to say that I have all the respect in the world for Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. Thats a pretty potent combo and Cruz has been such a feel good story. Dude I LOVE watching him play. Runs great routes, great manueverability and he can make those defenders miss and get some YAC….. but speaking of Yakking (see what I did there.) Manningham needs to shut his trap. While watching Nicks and Cruz Ive also been forced to watch (and listen) to this clown. All this trash talk stems from his insecurity from watching the unknown slot guy steal his spotlight and position. Keep yakking all the way down the depth chart Stone Hands.. :-) Good Luck G-Men. Thats a great team (after the afforementioned loud-mouth) and you match up well with that Pats team. Heres hoping for a darn good game!

95. jpb12 says: Jan 27, 2012 8:24 PM

Are the Jets in the Super Bowl?

Sure sounds like ‘em

96. ytsejamer1 says: Jan 27, 2012 8:27 PM

dryzzt23 says: Jan 27, 2012 4:44 PM

————————————–

Keep it down Whitlock…

Back to football…
    The Giants are yapping quite a bit. I see where they’re coming from…they’ve got the horses and match up well with the Patriots on both sides of the ball. They’ve beaten NE many times in the last four years…they should be confident. But beware… they too were motivated by Brady in the last SB; scoffing about scoring only 17 points or whatever it was. They played out of their minds. Well…keep it up G-men and be very careful what you wish for.

Edelman is a good football player…not great at any one position, but he came in as a QB, shifted to WR and was the only guy helping Brady in the 2009 destruction by the Ravens. He’s a tough player. I think shifting to defense has increased his confidence as a player. He’s no shutdown corner…but if he can compete and keep after it, I think he’ll play a good game.

97. nyfan63 says: Jan 27, 2012 8:36 PM

LoCoSu@%s says:Jan 27, 2012 4:24 PM

I guess New York (Jersey?) is its own country

———————————————————-
    Um…….Yes. It is.

98. superpats90 says: Jan 27, 2012 9:06 PM

New York fans are completely pathetic and bull headed. Okay, you guys went 9-7. Miracle for you to even make the playoff besides the fact you play in a garbage division. Its going to be funny to watch Edelman run all of Manninghams routes for him, God knows Manningham wont catch the ball anyways. He really feels the need to call out a multifunctional player? Manningham couldnt play defense if he wanted to. Whats going to kill me is watchin edelman lay him out wit a hit to the shoulder..Manningham, maybe you should go on youtube or watch some film on Edelmans defensive play before you get embarrassed by the little dude. You dont wanna end up like Vince Young

99. baddorange says: Jan 27, 2012 9:31 PM

Hoping that big mouth gets pounded and planted in that fake grass.

100. buzzbissinger says: Jan 27, 2012 9:39 PM

The Giants are begining to remind me of a little rat dog. You know, like the one your hot girlfreind from high school had, always used to bark his freakin’ head off every time you’d knock on the door…didn’t you want to just stomp the little bastard?

Yap, yap, yap!

101. buzzbissinger says: Jan 27, 2012 9:55 PM

…the funny thing is that there are actually nimrods on this site who think manningham isnt a top notch receiver.”

Speak for yourself, nimrod.

102. kingcarlbanks says: Jan 27, 2012 10:02 PM

I can’t believe someone on this site uttered the name Sehorn. That will get you assualted in all five boroughs and in New Jersey. And the cops won’t help you. God I remember those dark days. Him and Phillipi Sparks were the “Burnt Toast Twins”. Bad times, bad times…

103. doe22us says: Jan 27, 2012 10:05 PM

In my years of reading the comment sections Patriot and Packer fans are extremely vocal for any small thing that is said about their team. Quit being little girls, it is true Edelman will get killed out there, it is a fact this is not the Broncos.

104. gcsuk says: Jan 27, 2012 10:09 PM

2mannings1cup says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:49 PM
    ——————————————————-

I’m guessing BB is probably game-planning, not clipping newspaper articles.

And, guess #2, most (if not all) Patriots players have internet access, and can read the quotes themselves.

105. superpats90 says: Jan 27, 2012 10:19 PM

those who are nimrods call others nimrods due to a lack of confidence within themselves. Its okay buddy, you’ll be alright

106. buzzbissinger says: Jan 27, 2012 10:31 PM

inthearex says:

You’ve taken it to a whole new level, my man.

Talking trash about a team, beacause they aren’t…talking trash?

Oh, the irony.

107. anacherforester says: Jan 28, 2012 1:10 AM

Bob Glauber is and will always be just another blowhard.

108. dfm725 says: Jan 28, 2012 1:12 AM

I love how the Giants haters are ripping Manningham. The guy played injured throughout most of the games he played and he missed time.

There isn’t a team in the NFL that wouldn’t want him as their 3rd WR (other than the packers but I’d def still take him over James Jones and Donald Driver at this point in everyone’s careers).

That catch he made last week on 3rd and 17 was pretty effin clutch.

109. bostonfan4eva says: Jan 28, 2012 6:51 AM

Manningham, you are a complete idiot. The only way you will catch a TD pass is if Edlemen is covering you. You are an average receiver at best. Edlemen has dropped more pasess than you have caught.

For a 9-7 team to talk so much smack is beyond stupidity. Keep yacking, it only fuels the Patriots fire.

Pats 35 – Loud Mouths 24

Go PATS

110. bostonfan4eva says: Jan 28, 2012 6:56 AM

Hey buzzbissinger, 9-7 was the Giants record, they beat GB only because they didn’t show up, they beat SF because of a fumble.

Your luck is about to run out.

I see where the Giants get their arrogance, from loud mouths like you.

The quiet giant will win this game. GO PATS !!

111. ironworker329 says: Jan 28, 2012 7:19 AM

Is this a Pats board or does everyone of the Pats fans troll here? WTH?

112. 1nyj says: Jan 28, 2012 6:02 PM

Giants 31 – Pats 20
    and it’s not even going to be that close. suck on that Patriots fans. your time on top is and has been over for some time now. the only reason you reign atop the AFC east is because the rest of that division is pathetic. oh yeah, the three Lombardi Trophies are and will always be tainted. because the organization CHEATED.

113. jpb12 says: Jan 28, 2012 6:07 PM

Fred Ex?

114. buzzbissinger says: Jan 28, 2012 9:17 PM

@bostonfan4eva:

Obviously, you’ve gotten your wires crossed and I feel the need to set you straight on a couple of facts:

1. I’m NOT a Giants fan. (don’t know what gave you that idea)

2. I’m well aware of the Giants record this year.

3. Next time try reading the entire thread, instead of reading a couple of posts and jumping to misguided conclusions.

4. It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

mmmmm kay, slappy?

115. dienavinjohnson says: Jan 29, 2012 1:01 AM

“How are you so sure? We in the bay area can’t stand patriots…would rather any other team (except the cowboys) win…Pats fans have become some of the most obnoxious fans in the last 10 years.”

I think that Niners fans must have set the world record in going from zero to over-the-top obnoxious in 1 year. Undercover cops in the stands? Sad. And I think there are plenty of Bay area fans that will be rooting for Brady, the local boy, to win another ring.

Here’s a question for the class…how many coaches have beaten Belichick 3 times in one year? Because right now the Pats are 0 for 2 against the Giants if we count the pre-season game. At first I really thought the Giants would win. But the closer we get to kickoff the more I like the Patriots. The team that talks is usually the team that is scared (see the JETS.)

116. Mr. Wright 212 says: Jan 30, 2012 9:36 AM

jmagnet28 says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:19 PM

Focus on YOUR game stud.

———–
    You have GOT to be kidding me. Manningham would be an 85-catch guy on any team. And likely a 120-catch guy in that DINK AND DUNK system in NE.

117. Mr. Wright 212 says: Jan 30, 2012 10:35 AM

squinn21 says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:18 PM
    Giants, shut up!! We want you to actually win. – The whole country

———
    Glad to hear you are pulling for us, but Manningham only said what any WR would think when he sees a below average WR/KR lining up opposite him. There’s not a single thing wrong with what he said or even the fact the verbally emoted it.

118. Mr. Wright 212 says: Jan 30, 2012 10:36 AM

ProDolphinsTalk says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:28 PM

————
    Hang 35 easily? How, praytell?

119. Mr. Wright 212 says: Jan 30, 2012 10:39 AM

Soulman45 says:
    Jan 27, 2012 4:31 PM

————-

Pretty skewed (blind) observation on your part. Faulk, Mankins, Brady, Mayo, Light and Gronkowski’s father are all “talking”, otherwise known as answering reporters’ questions. Anything to give yourself a reason to hate the Giants further, right? Be my guest, makes it that much sweeter when you have to eat crow next week.

120. tomcous says: Feb 1, 2012 9:49 AM

Edelman is a scrappy, gutsy player … I am absolutely NOT a Patriots fan, but talking it up against a guy like Edelman … come on!

Sounds like a little bit of fear and insecurity from Manningham

121. dexterismyhero says: Feb 1, 2012 1:26 PM

The media, fans, and players from both teams are always chatting it up. God you idiots sound like a bunch of 3rd graders trading barbs.

Play the game already.

BTW: Anyone in Indy? How is the downtown NFL experience and village doing?

Looks pretty awesome on TV.

122. richwizl says: Feb 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Girlieham probably won’t get this coverage anyway, as the Pats’ regular D-Backs have returned. Edelman was filling in for a banged-up Defense. This banged-up team lost three games by a total of fifteen points, one with no time left, another with fifteen seconds left; then, they ran off ten wins in a row with a weak Defense. Except for Gronk, this team is much healthier, now, especially on Defense. Giants are playing much better, too. This should be a very good, close game. I expect both QB’s to get a lot of pressure. Go Patriots!

123. Mr. Wright 212 says: Feb 1, 2012 8:05 PM

richwizl says:
    Feb 1, 2012 3:33 PM

————–

Why do they keep allowing you types to get out of the sanitarium too soon? You’ve got SOME sense, because half of what you said is logical, but the “Girlieham” nonsense? Mario is right, he’d torch Edelman if he was lined up across from him on the 25-30 snaps that 82 sees per game.