We’ve written about the biggest news coming out of Roger Goodell’s press conference on Friday.
Here are a few other notes from the session:
1. Goodell indicated the league is open to playing another outdoor cold weather Super Bowl if the game in New York goes well. They will only consider it after the 2014 Super Bowl occurs. He also indicated Indianapolis will be a candidate for future games.
2. While Goodell says he believes Miami will get Super Bowls in the future, he essentially pressured them to make stadium renovations first because of greater competition.
3. The league will discuss adding independent neurologists to the sideline for next season to handle diagnosing concussions.
4. Goodell, like Rams owner Stan Kroenke, was very vague about the future of football in St. Louis.
5. The league wants to have another regular season game in Mexico.