Tebowmania doesn’t raise Broncos ticket prices too much

Wild Card Playoffs - Pittsburgh Steelers v Denver Broncos Getty Images

Tim Tebow’s emergence as the Broncos starting quarterback helped lead the team to a division title, but it won’t result in a hefty increase in prices to tickets to watch him play next season.

The Broncos announced Friday that they will be raising the prices of some tickets to Sports Authority Field at Mile High (you’d think they’d need a price increase just to maintain all the letters on the signage) and lowering others next season. The biggest jump comes for lower sideline seats, which will rise 13.6 percent to $125 per game next season. Other seats are going up, but the net result is just a 0.6 percent rise across the entire stadium.

Most of the decreases are coming to seats in the club sections with some dropping by 19.6 percent before next season. The Denver Post has the complete list of price changes coming to the stadium next season.

Earlier Friday, the Lions announced they would be raising the price of their tickets by eight percent on average.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Tebowmania doesn’t raise Broncos ticket prices too much”
  1. chadmurdigan says: Feb 3, 2012 1:15 PM

The greed of these 1% owners never fails to amaze.

2. straighcashhomie84 says: Feb 3, 2012 1:37 PM

I wish we could set up a boycott for one game to protest the extremely high ticket prices.

3. jjrs89 says: Feb 3, 2012 1:44 PM

I’m surprised they didnt changed their name to the denver elways since its cleary john’s face on their helmets

4. dtm1088 says: Feb 3, 2012 1:46 PM

Being a New York Giants season ticket holder, I am actually envious of the Lions and Broncos Fans.

5. bigbeefyd says: Feb 3, 2012 1:54 PM

Bronco season ticket holder here…my upper end zone seats (which I love) will cost me 3 bucks per seat per game more. I have a hard time calling an overall 0.6% price increase “greed” by any standard.

6. cleverbob says: Feb 3, 2012 2:08 PM

If you rearrange the percentage increase for lower sideline seats you get 3:16.

Divine intervention!

7. mnajb says: Feb 3, 2012 2:27 PM

Is it just coincidence that 0.6 is also the number of tight spirals he threw this year? I think not.

8. silverandblack052099 says: Feb 3, 2012 3:31 PM

NFL teams are raising ticket prices?…..Shocking…..

9. rcali says: Feb 3, 2012 3:55 PM

I would personally like to thanks those who spend the big bucks to go the games so I can watch them from my couch.

10. trubroncfan07 says: Feb 3, 2012 4:17 PM

I think they should have a decrease. Die hard Broncos fan from Cali. I fly out to a couple games a year, and I have been to some real awful games the past few years. The product has been poor since 2005 and they finally have a good year and raise prices. WTF!! The NFL is the only thing in America I guess that can keep gauging it’s customers with out showing any slow down in sales.

11. numberoneinthehoodg says: Feb 3, 2012 5:34 PM

Can I now subtract this from my 10% from the church?

12. bearsstillsuck says: Feb 3, 2012 5:44 PM