I went down to the locker rooms and interview area following the Giants Super Bowl victory on Sunday night. So I may as well share some of the random small moments viewed there before moving on to the offseason.
1. Michael Strahan and Eli Manning shared a long embrace and conversation. “Enjoy this,” Strahan said into Manning’s ear. “It’s your time.”
2. Aaron Ross walked down the corridor under the stadium, holding his mother’s hand in one hand and his wife’s hand in the other. He may have been the happiest looking Giants player I saw.
3. Tom Brady stared at his locker with a towel on his head for at least ten minutes. Robert Kraft came over to console Brady, who stayed in a daze.
4. I walked by Gisele, who was waiting for Brady to emerge from the locker room. Lesson here: I’m short.
5. For some reason, Seal was reveling in the Giants win in New York’s locker room. I heard a reporter ask Seal how long he’s been a Giants fan. “Oh, I’m just a sports fan,” he said. All right then.
6. Mario Manningham was asked about the pressure on the Giants on the last drive: “Ain’t no pressure. It’s football.”
This seemed to capture the Giants’ attitude about the fourth quarter pretty well.
“It’s Eli Manning,” said defensive end Dave Tollefson. “What did you expect?”