Brady, Belichick heading to Pebble Beach

Tom Brady AP

Eli Manning went to Disney World after Sunday’s win in Super Bowl XLVI.  Pats coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady have a pretty decent consolation prize.

Both will be heading to Pebble Beach this week for the annual Pro-Am.  No Giants will be making the trip, but Belichick and Brady will be able to personally “thank” Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo for failing to connect with receiver Miles Austin on a December 11 late-game pass that would have essentially kept the Giants out of the playoffs.

If the Giants hadn’t made it to the playoffs, they couldn’t have made it to the Super Bowl (duh).  And if they weren’t in the Super Bowl, the Pats may have had better luck against the alternative NFC representative.

Of course, if the Patriots had won the game, Belichick may have had to worry about getting treated like former New York Mets star Keith Hernandez.

UPDATE 8:35 a.m. ET:  Our friends at the Golf Channel inform us that Brady actually has pulled out of the event.  Belichick still plans to attend.

Permalink 35 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
35 Responses to “Brady, Belichick heading to Pebble Beach”
  1. joetoronto says: Feb 8, 2012 7:11 AM

Kind of like how Brady missed Welker, schit happens.

2. tomsd1 says: Feb 8, 2012 7:42 AM

Good for Brady and Billichick. Hope they have good weather – and keep it out of the rough. :)

3. quittsburghstoolers says: Feb 8, 2012 8:33 AM

“Brady, Belichick heading to Pebble Beach”

———————————————————-

I can’t help but wonder if they cheat at golf, too?

My best guess is “yes, they do”…

4. rexryanstoecheese says: Feb 8, 2012 8:34 AM

“I was going to spit on [Belichick] if they won,”

Nice…

Tisch, Jacobs, DeOssie, this tool above in the article.

I don’t recall the Pats players, coaches and ownership being anything but gracious and deferential to the opponents they beat in past Superbowls.

Then we hear Brandon Jacobs – a leader of the Gnats (?) – talking smack about how he wasn’t worried about NE and specifically Brady making it happen with the game on the line.

You’ll never hear Brady saying something like:
    “No, no, I wasn’t worried about Jacobs getting the 3 yards they needed for the first down. I respect him and all but, hey, lets be honest, he’s no Ray Rice or Arian Foster. THOSE guys will get ya’ 7 or 8 when you need 3 or 4 yards. Naaahhhh, I wasn’t worried at all about Jacobs beating us.”

THIS is a NYG “leader”? THIS is a NYG “classy” guy???

What an embarrassment.

5. irishgary says: Feb 8, 2012 8:35 AM

Saints, Packers, 49ers and possibly the Lions would have beaten the Pats. The NFC is that much stronger than the AFC and the Pats are way overrated

6. scotch679 says: Feb 8, 2012 8:39 AM

A well deserved break, enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dubblelznhell says: Feb 8, 2012 8:39 AM

If the giants never made it the pats probably would’ve lost to the Niners.

8. horaceivory says: Feb 8, 2012 8:39 AM

That caddy seems like a nice guy. Classy.

9. sj39 says: Feb 8, 2012 8:48 AM

Don’t let them keep their own score.

10. giablommi says: Feb 8, 2012 8:58 AM

“I was going to spit on [Belichick] if they won,” caddy/Giants fan Joe Damiano told the New York Daily News.

^^^^^
    I don’t doubt this for a minute. Knowing the NY mentality, he’ll still spit on BB anyway. Stay classy, NY.

11. 3octaveFart says: Feb 8, 2012 9:06 AM

“If the Giants hadn’t made it to the playoffs, they couldn’t have made it to the Super Bowl (duh). And if they weren’t in the Super Bowl, the Pats may have had better luck against the alternative NFC representative.”

If the Patriots couldn’t beat the 9-7 Giants, I don’t think they’d had much of a chance against the Niners, Saints or Packers…

12. jnbnet says: Feb 8, 2012 9:07 AM

“I was going to spit on [Belichick] if they won,”

Now that’s class! People come here and rip the Patriot’s fans for being rude. While there are a few dirtbag Patriot fans on here, most of us would never say someting like that. Talk about karma eh? We’ll see how that works out in the end.

13. rwmilli says: Feb 8, 2012 9:18 AM

Not a pats fan, but none of your above listed teams made it to the superbowl, so how can you say they would beat the pats? Last time I checked they were IN the superbowl ? C’mon man, make it to the bowl before you talk like you’d be a champion. Pats overrated is the dumbest thing iv read on this website as well..look at their body of work over the last 10 years moron, I can’t stand the Brady bunch and not even I’m dense enough to believe that they are overrated…

14. magnuminsp says: Feb 8, 2012 9:24 AM

Brady pulled out of the event. The next headline will be, “Brady to undergo shoulder surgery, expected to be ready for training camp”.

15. bradymancrush10 says: Feb 8, 2012 9:31 AM

Stay classy Giants/fans!!!!!

16. mavix27 says: Feb 8, 2012 9:37 AM

UPDATE 8:35 a.m. ET: Our friends at the Golf Channel inform us that Brady actually has pulled out of the event. Belichick still plans to attend.
    ————————————————————

Gisele, the Yoko Ono of the NE Patriots, didn’t want Tommy to play in the event because she was afraid the caddy would hand him the wrong club during a crucial shot…

17. oscojoe says: Feb 8, 2012 9:57 AM

Giants players, owners & fans are beginning to sound like Jets.

Where’s the class NY?

18. trg728774 says: Feb 8, 2012 9:57 AM

I tell you what cracks me up the most about all the haters. They have absolutely no football IQ. All you ever read about is something to do with cheating. Jesus get over it already. I’m not even a pats fan but I can tell you Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest. That’s common sense. Talk about football and the players ability not whether or not you like him. One more thing to steeler fans. Do you guys understand how stupid you sound when you rip the pats or Tom Brady? You might want to take a look at the piece of work quarterback you guys have. Geez that guy shouldn’t even be in the league.

19. vegaskid21 says: Feb 8, 2012 9:57 AM

I think I would rather go to Pebble Beach over Disney World.

20. rc33 says: Feb 8, 2012 10:08 AM

quittsburghstoolers says: Feb 8, 2012 8:33 AM

“Brady, Belichick heading to Pebble Beach”

———————————————————-

I can’t help but wonder if they cheat at golf, too?

My best guess is “yes, they do”…
    ————————————-

Gee, funny and clever.

21. realitypolice says: Feb 8, 2012 10:13 AM

Kinda like how if the Giants hadn’t kicked the ball to Desean Jackson last season the Packers would never have made the playoffs.

22. bozosforall says: Feb 8, 2012 10:22 AM

rc33 says:
    Feb 8, 2012 10:08 AM
    quittsburghstoolers says: Feb 8, 2012 8:33 AM

“Brady, Belichick heading to Pebble Beach”

———————————————————-

I can’t help but wonder if they cheat at golf, too?

My best guess is “yes, they do”…
    ————————————-

Gee, funny and clever.

___
    Gee, bitter and whiny.

23. bozosforall says: Feb 8, 2012 10:23 AM

oscojoe says:
    Feb 8, 2012 9:57 AM
    Giants players, owners & fans are beginning to sound like Jets.

Where’s the class NY?

__
    It certainly never was in New England.

24. bozosforall says: Feb 8, 2012 10:24 AM

giablommi says:
    Feb 8, 2012 8:58 AM

^^^^^

__
    Stay stupid, giablowupdolly.

25. sample71549 says: Feb 8, 2012 10:36 AM

If Brady is out, which has been known for weeks, why don’t you change the story? At least change the headline.

26. hooterdawg says: Feb 8, 2012 10:43 AM

Boston area sports fans are known to be so ‘classless’ that the Boston Metropolitan Police deployed thousands of riot police around Boston Sunday night IN CASE the Patriots won! So it seems that Boston residents have to protect themselves against the nutjobs who call themselves Pats fans! It’s always hilarious to hear Boston fans claim OTHER fans are classless.

27. dsimp724 says: Feb 8, 2012 10:45 AM

Does bill have to tuck in his hoodie on the course

28. nfl1818 says: Feb 8, 2012 11:47 AM

“I tell you what cracks me up the most about all the haters. They have absolutely no football IQ. All you ever read about is something to do with cheating. Jesus get over it already. I’m not even a pats fan but I can tell you Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest. That’s common sense. Talk about football and the players ability not whether or not you like him. ”

Agree- this site has too much taunting and gloating, boasting and totally unsubstantiated statements.

29. thetruth1313 says: Feb 8, 2012 11:49 AM

———————————————-

So basically the guy has been a fan of the Giants since 2007, since Belichick was on the Giants staff when they won the Superbowl those 2 years.

30. hooterdawg says: Feb 8, 2012 12:03 PM

Bill used to keep a #12 ‘hoodie’ in his bag for more accurate shots, but rumor is he ditched it after the 4Q of the Superbowl.

31. rogerbrad says: Feb 8, 2012 12:09 PM

Brady’s wife told him he wasn’t going ANYWHERE…

32. CKL says: Feb 8, 2012 12:58 PM

trg728774 says:
    Feb 8, 2012 9:57 AM
    ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    Some of them sound just like their players (Harrison & Clark) who whine about cheating on twitter. Or Ward & Hampton who do it in interviews. I guess those types of fans can’t think for themselves and use common sense either.

33. jbrashguitarist says: Feb 8, 2012 1:37 PM

The “could have maybe if this happened” theories are dumb. If the Cowboys won that game Giants aren’t in playoffs that’s true. Then Giants don’t face Packers on the worst game the Packers have had with Aaron Rodgers as QB, Packers go on to win NFC easily playing like they did all year and Patriots don’t have a chance in hell. Could have, would have, should have. As a hardcore Packers fan from Wisconsin I say congrats Giants, you won whether my team, Patriots, or anything else rolled over or didn’t perform – point is what actually happened on the scoreboard and that’s the Giants won.

34. 6ringsteelers says: Feb 8, 2012 3:06 PM

Brady actually has pulled out of the event.

Gisele smacked Tommy and said “You are only allowed to come when I say so!”

35. youdownwithjpp says: Feb 8, 2012 4:25 PM

For everyone that is commenting, “Classy” or “Stay Classy NY” I would like to remind you all that this is one fan out of millions.

Let’s not start stereotyping all Giants fans in this fashion.

It was one man’s paradigm or mindset that put value in the idea that spitting on Belichick would make himself feel better.

I, as a Giants, fan would never consider this action. Nor would I take Jacobs course of action in trash talking.

So please don’t assume all Giants fans are “trash” because of sample of our population gets the media attention.

I know from being a season ticket holder that the majority of fans are honest blue collar workers that don’t appreciate these classless actions. Thank you.