Vikings not interested in Moss, IFL is

JacobMoss

Agent Joel Segal told PFT Live on Tuesday that three teams had called about receiver Randy Moss following the Monday declaration that Moss wants to return to football.

Apparently, one of those teams wasn’t the Vikings, with whom Moss played on two separate occasions.

“Randy was a great player, but again our focus is more on trying to get a young team,” Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman said Thursday.

(On a potentially related note, Antoine Winfield and Steve Hutchinson have used the toner from the copy machine to dye their hair black.)

Meanwhile, Segal express confidence during a Thursday visit to ESPN Radio’s The Scott Van Pelt Show that some other NFL team will want Moss.

Still, if it doesn’t pan out, Moss has another option.  The Chicago Slaughter of the IFL would like to wrangle Randy, like the Allen Wranglers of the IFL did with Terrell Owens.

Though Randy’s older brother Jacob Moss (pictured) may be interested in indoor football, Randy would surely choose not to play at all if playing meant accepting a job at a level lower than the NFL.

UPDATE 8:00 p.m. ET:  It just occurred to me that, given the eyeglasses, Jacob Moss actually may be former Vikings receiver Troy Williamson.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Vikings not interested in Moss, IFL is”
  1. reed20ravens says: Feb 16, 2012 7:07 PM

nice glasses randy

2. eaglesnoles05 says: Feb 16, 2012 7:07 PM

Seriously, you and Albert come on over to philly. Let’s get them an offseason of fishing and drinking hunting with eagles playbooks in their cars and see what they’ve got in training camp. I’m willing to spend trainingcamp and preseason checks that aren’t mine to see what’s what. Especially with Albert.

3. eaglesnoles05 says: Feb 16, 2012 7:08 PM

No way Washburn isn’t lobbying for it too.

4. sh4doww4lker says: Feb 16, 2012 7:12 PM

Mr. Rick Spielman, I truly believe, despite the few vocal haters — a majority of Viking fans want the best, most exciting NFL Player to ever wear a vikings jersey “Randy Moss” back for a whole host of reasons…..oh, in case you missed Randy’s live TV episode last night the vast majority of the viewers made requests for him to consider returning to the viikings…… –just sayin–

5. joeymichaelsstudios says: Feb 16, 2012 7:34 PM

I hope whichever team picks him up, they give him an eye test.

6. packhawk04 says: Feb 16, 2012 7:47 PM

Moss to vikes would be a good fit. Moss personifies the vikings. When its good, its great. When the going gets tough, he quits and turns into a little girl.

7. thevikes85 says: Feb 16, 2012 8:01 PM

But….i already pulled my 84 jersey out.Thanks for all the memories randy and believe me there were lots but we cant live in the past gotta look forward.as bleak as that seems right now!

8. mclovin07 says: Feb 16, 2012 8:04 PM

Moss should stick to streaming horrid video’s. He’s better at that than playing football these days…

9. Pro Football Sports Blog says: Feb 16, 2012 8:34 PM

He can go ball out with Terrell Owens

10. profootballwalk says: Feb 16, 2012 8:38 PM

I’ve decided I’m willling to date Minka Kelly, Jamie Chung, Mila Kunis and Emma Stone. My agent says there’s interest.

11. axlviking says: Feb 16, 2012 8:40 PM

I am a HUGE Moss fan.
    I am a HUGE Vikings fan…
    that said, I believe it’s in the best interests of both parties to (in the words of The Offspring) “keep ‘em separated.”
    Randy needs Brady, Brees, Stafford, etc. He needs a pass-oriented offense with an experienced, strong-armed qb at the helm. That description doesn’t fit the 2012 Vikings. :(

12. dspears06 says: Feb 16, 2012 8:42 PM

Moss was amazing with the Titans, that will carry into next year for sure

13. detroitcityryda says: Feb 16, 2012 8:52 PM

moss tv stick to that and make a pitch to spiketv

14. zappa69 says: Feb 16, 2012 8:59 PM

Giant 37 Packers 20!

Rogers last pass, INTERCEPTED!

Sound familiar packhawk04?

Rodgers did learn from your franchise savior Favre.

15. vikesfan4life says: Feb 16, 2012 9:03 PM

Even with those glasses Williamson would have dropped passes.

16. bbking0420 says: Feb 16, 2012 9:14 PM

Next year Randy Moss will be playing for my Buffalo Bills opposite Stevie Johnson, catching bombs from Ryan Fitzpatrick!!! Or he will be playing with my other favorite team my hometown Chicago Bears catching passes from Jay Cutler!!!!!!!!!!! Just Watch

17. dlmcc1010 says: Feb 16, 2012 9:28 PM

His second tour with the Vikings couldnt have possibly gone any worse. Of course they dont want him anywhere near that team. Theyre in rebuilding mode anyway.

This guy could have been the best to ever play his position thats the sad part.

18. tommyf15 says: Feb 16, 2012 9:35 PM

I’m sure the IFL is interested in Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers too.

19. dboskie says: Feb 16, 2012 9:45 PM

As a life long Vikings fan, I have lived through 4 heart breaking NFC championship games. I have witnessed 98′ (with Moss) and 2009 (without Moss) in person. Randy is also one of my favorite all-time players. With that said, I DO NOT WANT HIM BACK. To my fellow Viking fans all I can say is OPEN YOUR EYES! This is not 98″ anymore, and Moss while being great is clearly not the same player he once was. We need to invest our resources in a new secondary, an offensive line that can actually block long enough for a 9 route to develop, and draft some more YOUND playmakers. Quit living in the past and stop blindly supporting a player who clearly didn’t want to be here two years ago. What makes you think he has changed since then. Enough already with the “Bring Moss Back” garbage.

20. matthewcarlson1 says: Feb 16, 2012 10:10 PM

I doubt Moss would want to come back after what Childress did… But if he would take us we should take him.. Whats wrong with giving Ponder a reliable deep threat? Someone to make the defense back off of AD and take some attention off of Percy. He’s better than any other option we have.

21. 4512dawg4512 says: Feb 16, 2012 10:15 PM

I’d like to see Randy in the IFL. We all know T.O is in “beast” shape as always, he doesn’t have as much to prove as Randy. I think if Randy tried to get out there and play right now he’d pop a hammy or worse. Better now than in September

22. steelerhypocrite says: Feb 16, 2012 10:34 PM

I had no idea Randy Moss was a nerd.

23. raiderlyfe510 says: Feb 16, 2012 11:37 PM

Programmatic nonfit.

24. thankheavenfornumberseven says: Feb 16, 2012 11:48 PM

Don’t live in the past. That’s for Packer fans.

25. Little Earthquake says: Feb 17, 2012 12:43 AM

Come on, Vikings – He’ll be worth it this time! Just send your 2012 third rounder to 1265 Lombardi Ave., Green Bay, Wisc. Much obliged.

26. trevor123698 says: Feb 17, 2012 3:26 AM

I cant wait to see what team gets to have a Randy Moss td in at least 3/4′s of its games next year

27. mnfaninaz says: Feb 17, 2012 5:09 AM

Yeah, I was pretty much the biggest Moss fan you could find during his tenure with the Vikes and was definitely one of the fans who always wanted him to return but at this point, I could care less if he ever plays another down of football again… and a big part of me would have cringed had the Vikes even sniffed around the guy this time around.

When you burn bridges to that extent, you’ve done irreversible damage.

Just go away Randy… 1998 is a LONG time ago.

R.I.P. A.F.R.O.S.

28. bullcharger says: Feb 17, 2012 6:07 AM

matthewcarlson1 says:Feb 16, 2012 10:10 PM

—————————–

After the havok that he caused you would want him back in a Vikings uniform? That makes no sense whatsoever. Moss was the one that blew up the team, not childress. Childress almost took the Vikes to the superbowl the year prior. Randy was a cancer.

29. bullcharger says: Feb 17, 2012 6:14 AM

4512dawg4512 says:Feb 16, 2012 10:15 PM

—————–

T.O. and Moss have been two of the greatest wide receivers ever to play the game and have also been the most newsworthy but they are both finished now.

If either of them had the mentality of Jerry Rice they could still contribute for a few years as role players, but their reduction of talent makes dealing with them no longer worth the hassle.

30. brownsclown says: Feb 17, 2012 7:56 AM

I’ll tell yah, the IFL is on to something.

Chicago signs Moss. The Texans sign TO.

The get together and sing the National Athem before the game and God Bless America at halftime. Two songs; Two DIVAS. Bam! Better than American Idol.

This could catch on. Another team could sign Lousy Stinko from New England. Wow. A trio to perform pre-game and half time songs!

Another signs Braylon ‘hands of stone’ Edwards.
    ZOOM! A quartet!

Where does this end? Do we end up with a stage full of DIVAS replacing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and singing at halftime during the SuperBowl? And just think, most thought these were underachieving, overrated, self centered, generally (for football) worthless players.

31. quittsburghstoolers says: Feb 17, 2012 9:02 AM

Moss should go to the IFL and while he’s at it,
    he can take Chad Johnson with him…