Run the 40 at work, send it to NFL Network

eisen_022811_blog

Every year, Rich Eisen of NFL Network runs the 40-yard dash in his suit and tie at the Scouting Combine.  This year, you can, too.

Sort of.

Starting today, folks can run the 40 in their places of business, videotape the effort, and send it to NFLN.  The best ones will make it onto the air.

Upload via any tool and tweet the link to @richeisen, @nfl, and/or @nflnetwork.  (Throw in @profootballtalk too and we’ll retweet the good ones.)

So have fun.  And watch out for cars.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
21 Responses to “Run the 40 at work, send it to NFL Network”
  1. babyhorsemorgan says: Feb 21, 2012 7:56 PM

Can we just send you the bill for emergency services, open heart surgery, long term hospitalization, and replacement valves? Or will we have to sue?

2. shotgunformation5wide says: Feb 21, 2012 7:59 PM

Not sure what my 40 time is, …but I’m benching combine weight …which is 224 lbs …. me thinks!!! .

3. mocheese1921 says: Feb 21, 2012 8:14 PM

I could probably drink a 40 faster than I could run one

4. imaduffer says: Feb 21, 2012 8:17 PM

If I drink a 4o in less then 4.4 sec. does that make me a Cowboy fan?

5. patriotera says: Feb 21, 2012 8:38 PM

Sounds like a good way for the common man to get into trouble at their… places of business.

6. proflonghair says: Feb 21, 2012 9:04 PM

I’m like Mike Tice, I run a 45, 46 40: Start on April 5th, end on April 6th.

7. canadianvikingfaniii says: Feb 21, 2012 9:38 PM

Doesn’t seem like a smart idea. You’ll get guys who will blow out a ligament or two and then try to sue their work or the NFLN. Which is exactly why commercials have in fine print ( do not attempt, professionals on a closed track). etc

8. mvpolamalu says: Feb 21, 2012 9:46 PM

2 years ago, a football player at my high school ran a 4.39

9. cmgww says: Feb 21, 2012 10:04 PM

as long as we’re at it, we had a burner WR a year ahead of me that ran a 4.32…too small for D1 ball but played at Wabash College…dude was fast! and white! (not trying to play the race card, but white guys can burn it too! just not me…my best ever was 4.8, which is why I played DE 2nd string)

10. hooterdawg says: Feb 21, 2012 10:05 PM

Way to pile onto the celebrity of Rich Eisen.

11. anrgydeafman says: Feb 21, 2012 10:06 PM

I can run a 4.4 in 40! Watch me!

*pops*

D’oh! I think I just blew a knee…

12. onegamedoesnotaseasonmake says: Feb 21, 2012 11:02 PM

that Rich Eisen is so cool…

13. noahbird says: Feb 22, 2012 12:09 AM

Doing it as soon as I get to work back east!

14. catquick says: Feb 22, 2012 12:15 AM

Mine’s a solid 15.9 seconds……..

15. doe22us says: Feb 22, 2012 1:12 AM

I can run a 40 easy and pretty darn fast, but will the late AL Davis be impressed????

16. keeponhating says: Feb 22, 2012 1:36 AM

I see a surge in torn knee ligaments coming

17. reddragon378 says: Feb 22, 2012 6:29 AM

I ran a 4.4 a few years ago. I was a superhero in my mind…then realized I had marked it only 30 yard by mistake. Ughhhh

18. dspyank2k11 says: Feb 22, 2012 8:07 AM

If you blow out a knee running the 40 in a straight line, you have many many many more problems than just a blown out ligament.

19. giantspunk213 says: Feb 22, 2012 8:08 AM

Well figuring in the time i stop for cars, and have to re-start the run because the person filming me running ruined the shot by laughing their a$$ off i think i could run a clean 25 second 40

20. gb4mn0 says: Feb 22, 2012 8:22 AM

contra74 says:
    Feb 21, 2012 4:00 PM
    I love his commitment to return and play but Im worried he is rushing this too soon. I played football all the way up to the NCAA level and have seen the setback that ACL tears have on any athlete.
    ——————————————–

Please post your tapings of running the 40 to be viewed and screened by life long vikequeef twit, contra74. The former high school football player and self-proclaimed football expert who now dwells in his mom’s basement, will give his personal worthless assessment, wanted or unwanted, on your 40 time and running technique all free of charge.

As you can read he has a unique insight because he has “seen the setback that ACL tears have on any athlete.” I’m guessing that includes ACL tears on wheelchair athletes also since he does specify “any athlete.” WOW, what an expert he mush be!

21. facelessman75 says: Feb 24, 2012 1:01 AM

Troy i think is referring to the league going to 18 games a season. He’s right. If that happens u water it down even more.
    Btw
    That office race is great. I love that show. Beat it!!!