Finley celebrates new contract at the Combine

Four years ago, Jermichael Finley was just another prospect at the Scouting Combine. He wound up getting taken late in the third round out of Texas by one of the best General Managers in the business.

On Thursday, Finley arrived in town to sign a two-year contract that recognizes his status as one of the game’s best at his position.

It was also a big day in my career.  Just before taping a quick interview with Finley for NBC SportsTalk, one of my crew members threw a box at my feet for me to stand on.  (Spoiler alert: I’m not actually eye level with the 6’5″ Finley.)

I’d like to thank my short Jewish parents for this outstanding career milestone.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill, Videos
10 Responses to “Finley celebrates new contract at the Combine”
  1. sportsmeccabi says: Feb 24, 2012 9:58 AM

Who are you trying to kid? We all know it was Jermichael who dropped the box.

2. virger says: Feb 24, 2012 10:01 AM

Ted Thompson needs to live up to that “one of the best” claim this offseason. Some big questions for a 15-1 team. If he lets Wells walk (a la Jenkins), I will not be a happy fan.

3. jm91rs says: Feb 24, 2012 10:18 AM

sportsmeccabi says: Feb 24, 2012 9:58 AM

Who are you trying to kid? We all know it was Jermichael who dropped the box.
    ______________________________
    I consider myself a packers fan and a finely fan, but that’s hilarious right there.

4. eaststsfb says: Feb 24, 2012 10:36 AM

All the comments from the “funny” people about how Finley drops everything gets better and better. Hope my sarcasm is evident.

5. bjamesa says: Feb 24, 2012 11:10 AM

Virger:
    —————————————-
    Really? The fact that we had 16 guys go down in 2010 and the backups that Ted Thompson found to fill in and win a Super Bowl with didn’t convince you? Following it up with a 15-1 regular season didn’t convince you either? Ted Thompson has nothing to prove and any move he makes, I firmly believe will be in the best interest of the Packers. You need to look further than the starting 22 to see the genius of Ted Thompson, man…

6. muskyhunter2542 says: Feb 24, 2012 11:26 AM

jm91rs says:
    Feb 24, 2012 10:18 AM
    sportsmeccabi says: Feb 24, 2012 9:58 AM

Who are you trying to kid? We all know it was Jermichael who dropped the box.
    ______________________________

x2

7. acmepacker says: Feb 24, 2012 11:36 AM

Serious question. Since Finley supposedly drops
    everything that comes his way, will someone please explain to me why other teams seem to think it’s important to double cover him? You’d think they would just let him run around the field. Why worry? He can’t catch a football.

8. packerfan1000 says: Feb 24, 2012 12:12 PM

——————

A actually agree with this guy. Yes, Finley had a bunch of costly drops this year, and yes, he needs to improve that. But the joke has been worn out among the PFT posters. It’s not original anymore to say Finley dropped the box, or dropped the pen when he signed his deal, or dropped (insert whatever the article is about). It was funny. It’s been played. It’s now worn out. Move on, posters.

9. briggsweatbird says: Feb 24, 2012 12:24 PM

Why is the faith of your parents relevant to your height? That would be like an NBA guy saying, “I’d like to thank my tall Catholic parents.” Huh?

10. thinwhiteduke76 says: Feb 24, 2012 12:43 PM

Way to go, smart move by the Packers. Remember all the dropped passes going into next year when it’s 3rd down and 5 to go, and Rodgers better have a TD to him in every game or he will break down bitching and whining about not getting one like he did after the Denver game.