T.O. makes his IFL debut on Saturday night

DIRECTV's Sixth Annual Celebrity Beach Bowl - Game Getty Images

This weekend, a variety of activities not resembling football will occur at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.  On Saturday night, an activity that more closely resembles football will take place at the Allen Event Center in Allen, Texas.

There, the IFL’s Allen Wranglers will unveil their new star player, former NFL receiver Terrell Owens.

Our friends at ESPN (that’s not completely sarcastic . . . a few people there like us . . . OK, two) have sent a reminder that the game will be televised on ESPN3.

And so I asked what ESPN3 is, fearful that the question would be viewed as completely sarcastic.

Here’s what I was told:  “ESPN3 is ESPN’s live multi-screen sports network, giving fans a 24/7 online destination that delivers thousands of live sports events annually.  It is available at no additional cost to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider.  ESPN3 is currently available in more than 70 million homes. It is also available at no cost to approximately 21 million U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel via computers connected to on-campus educational networks and on-base military networks. . . .  [It’s] also available on Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console, and on Apple & Android smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app.”

I wish I hadn’t asked.  And that’s not completely sarcastic, either.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “T.O. makes his IFL debut on Saturday night”
  1. delsj says: Feb 24, 2012 8:51 AM

Here on ESPN 8 ‘The Ocho’. Bringing you the finest in seldom-seen sports from around the globe since 1999. If it’s almost a sport, we’ve got it here.

2. dewalt2990 says: Feb 24, 2012 8:57 AM

Last year, that site was AWESOME for scouting players. It had saved close to all the full NCAA football games, and you could go watch any obscure player play a full game, to see more than his highlights……This year they only save games for 30 days:( But it’s free. I’m rooting for TO..at least he’s got the balls to play in a lesser league, unlike some people…..btw, All Hail Megatron!!

3. maddenisfordorks says: Feb 24, 2012 9:01 AM

Don’t care about TO at all, ever.

4. derfshambeaux says: Feb 24, 2012 9:03 AM

ESPN 3 is pretty cool actually. You can catch a lot of decent college games that aren’t televised locally.

5. katrinasafterbirth says: Feb 24, 2012 9:15 AM

…and after the game, TO plans to father another illegitimate kid from some local welfare skank…news at 11.

6. fumblenuts says: Feb 24, 2012 9:23 AM

Getcha stale popcorn ready…………Yawn.

7. purp4lyfe says: Feb 24, 2012 9:36 AM

Moss/Owens 2012 Straight cash homey!! Getcha popcorn ready!!

8. thetooloftools says: Feb 24, 2012 10:37 AM

Good Luck T.O. I wish you only the best and I hope you do well. I Love a good comeback story I don’t care who it is.

9. yelix says: Feb 24, 2012 10:46 AM

They’re playing my hometown team, the Wichita Wild. I’ve been to a couple of Wild games and it’s actually pretty fun to watch. The Wranglers come to Wichita in late March, so if T.O. hasn’t quit or hurt himself or something, I have to go.

10. dalfanforever says: Feb 24, 2012 10:52 AM

Sad. Just sad. Millions of dollars wasted in bad business deals and 10 kids from women you’re not even with.

11. lolb23 says: Feb 24, 2012 11:23 AM

TO is still, and will always be one of top 3 favorite NFL players ever.

12. Deb says: Feb 24, 2012 1:05 PM

@thetooloftools …

How do you see this as a comeback story? In baseball terms, it’s like a star major leaguer getting bumped back to the minors. But it’s worse because the minor leagues for football is really the NCAA.